[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, seriously. Where is a good file of Skies of Arcadia? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-ArcadiaDC.png (147KB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
250px-ArcadiaDC.png
147KB, 250x255px
Okay, seriously. Where is a good file of Skies of Arcadia? I've gone through the magic spreadsheet and YZB is the only one on there, and I perpetually freeze in the same place every time. All other files either don't read, are too large, too fragmented, or don't work, in the case of Echelon. Whose dick do I have to suck to get at least one image that works? I refuse to pay $70 for a game.
>>
fug
>>
Www.meatspin.com

I think there's one at that link OP
>>
>>3557015
Oh shit, it worked. Why is /vr/ so bro.
>>
>>3555540
>spoonfeeding
>>
>>3557159
>can't find it either

i know that feel
>>
>>3555540
1. Stop being a poorfaggot
2. Go to ebay and buy it on DC or GC
>>
>>3557303
>promoting paying more than $5 for a video game
>>
>>3557303
Just because you can doesn't mean you should, poorfag-at-heart.
>>
>>3557015
Upboating foar bisivility.
>>
>
>>
I can't find any ISOs that aren't Echelon, Hykan, or YZB.
>>
>>3557307
>>
The Echelon is a hack that won't work with saved games.
>>
>>3555540

Woooo woooooo wooooo

This game was released october 5 2000. I believe the rules of the thread are only games prior to 2000.

You are not respecting /vr/ take it to /v/
>>
>>3559294
Read the sticky again, retard.
>>
>>3559294
Wii U, Wii U, retard alert.
>>
>>3557303
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>3555540
Bought this back in highschool for $15 from friend who was selling off his DC stuff. Great game and im glad I never lent it to Jerome or I might not have it still today
>>
>>3560146
Tearful envy, brother.
>>
>>3559294
I hope you scream "Please no! She's just a kid!" as rapefugees drag away your wife.

>>3555540
If you're having a hard time finding a working ISO, consider the GameCube version, GC emulation is really good and the GC version polishes up the game a good bit.
>>
This thread makes me miss the past.

I bought my Dreamcast in 2003 fin a second-hand store in PA. Came with Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur, PSO, Evolution, Time Stalkers, and Shenmue. I paid $30 for it.

I got a boxed copy of Super Mario RPG for $2 from the same place.

That time after moving out on my own after high school was the best. And that store played a large part. Got serious about collecting games, movies and music then. I still buy very little media new.

Anyways, OP, just buy it. It's not THAT expensive.
>>
>>3555540
> I refuse to pay $70 for a game.

Good thing you werent alive in the 90s then.
>>
>>3557303
>Not having a computer that can emulate everything you've ever wanted
Who's the poorfaggot?
>>
>>3561964
Thank you for actually trying to help. I appreciate it.

Just the main thing was I already got pretty deep in this save and didn't want to lose the progress. But I'll keep looking if I got to.
>>
>>3561979
I thought they were $60 back then too?
>>
>>3561976
>It's not THAT expensive.

Literally can't find one in a case for less than $60-70, which is absurd. Loose discs for $30-50, sometimes for just one.
>>
Semi-relatedly, I will literally pay someone to make a new rip, if for no other reason than to have a reliable file in the relative dearth of its availability.
>>
>>3555540
Get a proper .GDI and emulate it you fool, or just download the gamecube version.
>>
>>3562735
Final Fantasy games were $70. Hell, Phantasy Star IV was a whopping $99 when it came out.
>>
>>3563404
I don't check prices for stuff I already have, but I saw that in the thread. I'm saying that price is not that high. If you can't afford thirty bucks, you need to find a cheaper hobby.

I really don't mean to sound mean, but that's a great value. You're getting around fifty hours of entertainment for less than a dollar a an hour if you just get discs.

>>3563778
>I will literally pay someone to make a new rip, if for no other reason than to have a reliable file in the relative dearth of its availability.

I'd happily take you up on that but don't know how. Never ripped a game before. Is it harder than ripping a CD?
>>
>>3563972
Do you have a DC SD adapter? If you do you can easily do it in dreamshell with their built in application.
If you do not, AFAIK you either need to dump over serial with a coder's cable or dump over the broadband adapter with the error prone(?) HTTPd method. These adapters are obtainable for approximately $20 from AliExoress or ebay.

Feel free to hit up the spreadsheet IRC if you're missed here. A good, working dump with a checksum would be a great addition.
>>
>>3563842
I thought Dreamcast emulation was a shit?
>>
>>3563972
$40 for one disc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skies-of-Arcadia-Sega-Dreamcast-Disc-1-only-Tested-and-Works-/152221624052
>>
>>3563846
Star Fox was 2 fucking hundred dollars
>>
>>3564931
I remember when it was $60 for a complete, mint condition package a few years ago and I didn't pick it up because I thought it was too expensive. Still kicking myself.
>>
>>3564958
Sauce?
>>
>>3563972
I too would like to help the spreadsheet and add free games. There is tutorial, no?

>>3564912
Didn't all Dreamcasts come with broadband adapter, or am I thinking of something else?
>>
>>3565012
Dreamcast came with a 56k modem. The broadband adapter is a $100+ item on ebay that lets you more easily connect to the internet. This isn't too difficult now though with dreampi and the tiny community around dreamcast.online.

Other tutorials are google-able. Here's one for the broadband adapter, for example: http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/how-to-rip-gdi-files-using-bba.56555/
>>
>>3555540
I got my Skies of Arcadia for $1 when I picked up my DC for $15 during a sale.
You buy a DC and get 3 games for a buck each.
Got that, Shenmue and Dynamite Cop.
Oh and it came with the see through red controller with a vmu.
If you're gonna be broke, at least do it right.
>>
Found a PAL Skies of Arcadia GDI from TruRip along with other goodies..

https://mega.co.nz/#F!OtFxGCRB!fwxmzjKOYMMJgpqTYXcjDw
>>
>>3559294
>With the release of the 8th generation of consoles, the Sega Dreamcast will now be considered "retro", though the remainder of the sixth generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube) will not.
>>
>>3565061
>actual contribution

Oh shit you the real G. I'mma see what's good with it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.