[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

File: 1472750741886.jpg (47KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1472750741886.jpg
47KB, 650x650px
What does /vr/ think of this game?
>>
Absolute garbage. If you get a copy throw it in the garbage, because it's garbage
>>
>>3555376
You don't care about our opinions, you just reposted this to see anons shitflingning.
>>
>>3555390
Why would I want to see that?
>>
>>3555390
This. Guaranteed 200+ thread because /vr/ will take the obvious bait.

As for the OP: It's a good game. Overrated to high hell but Final Fantasy's manbaby-laced fanbase, but it's good nonetheless.
>>
It's a great game.
It was a huge deal when it came out and it wasn't overhyped and the game delivered.

Almost 20 years later, it may be hard to understand what the fuzz was all about. Guess you just had to be there.
>>
>>3555376
most overrated game of all time, no kidding.
>>
Later games and movie tie-ins ruined the characters.
>>
>>3555514
that's OoT anon
>>
>>3555641
OoT was legitimately revolutionary though.
>>
>>3555376
One of my favorite games of all time.

When it comes to super-popular games like FF7, OoT, etc. It seems like the opinions are like a pendulum. Sometimes that pendulum shifts so far that the game is completely overrated, but right now (and on /vr/ in particular) it has shifted so far the opposite way that people are unwilling to acknowledge how great the game actually is, simply because it's popular.

It's amazing how much lack of self-awareness there is on /vr/ and how many people are contrarians.
>>
>>3555648
FFVII just took itself too seriously, OoT looks cool (never played it, still prefered retro Zeldas, my favourite will always be Link's Awakening), and was more or less revolutionary.

Fuck FF in general.
>>
>>3555716
No, fuck YOU!
>>
>>3555674
Literally fucking this.
>>
>>3555718
Wow, what a butthurt level...

Stay calm, just giving my opinion, what are you, a FFfag?
>>
Quite possibly the greatest game ever made
>>
>>3555716
>Fuck FF in general.
>My opinion count.
Sometimes mysterious
>>
>>3555737
Never liked the FF saga. But the FF fanbase is hysterical when you touch the games. Not as autistic than Sonic fanbase, just as annoying.
>>
>>3555742
What do you expect? If you don't like the game franchise, get out of here.

"Listen everyone! I don't like things. Now, discuss this fact!"
>>
I've beaten it a few times and always enjoy it.
Out of FFVIII, FFIX, and FFT it is my least favorite surprisingly. Still a great game though.
>>
Good game. I'm a fan of the whole Final Fantasy series in general and I rank it as my 3rd favorite among them.
>>
>>3555751
>What does /vr/ think of this game?
I thought this was a question, and that I could answer. My bad.
>>
>>3555781
No that was bait, asnwering means taking the bait. You're an idiot.
>>
File: Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art[1].png (54KB, 340x293px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art[1].png
54KB, 340x293px
It changed everything
Don't even try to act like it didn't change everything because IT. CHANGED. EVERYTHING.
>>
Great game. My favorite and arguably one of the five greatest JRPGs of all time. The story is very personal which makes the game for me.

This top ten list on gamefaqs titled Top Ten Games That Deal With Emotional Issues describes it best for me:

1. The Emotional Game
"Down to number one. I'm sure you've had one of these two reactions: "YES! NAILED IT! FFVII FTW!" or "Dammit! This overrated game again!" The very fact that FFVII is so much discussed vehemently today testifies to its greatness. Our "emotional game" could only be this game. No other option exists. The game is a festival of true emotions, deep characters, memorable events. Unlike other games, you'll live with this game. You'll recognize its characters as real people. It's the most human game out there.

You walk with the game's protagonist, Cloud, with his arrogance and cool attitude but grows to learn to value the importance of comradeship and his friends. You learn to respect the charismatic Sephiroth. You understand the emotional value behind the relationship between these two men, which is a complex mixture of respect and hostility. A dead character, Zack, shadows the events of game and injects a sense of loss. You are fascinated by the dark, sardonic character of Vincent. You fall in love with the sweet Aerith, and her death scene and funeral is one of the saddest most shocking scene in the history of gaming. And this is just tip of the iceberg.

FF Tactics is the ultimate pluralistic games which encompasses all ideas and philosophies. FFVII does the same with emotions, it contains all you've felt. It's a gigantic work of art, like many other games previously mentioned in this series, it challenges the very boundaries of it medium."
>>
It's an awesome game, but it's also sort of overrated, because most people who love it played it as a kid and they will always be enthusiastic about it.
While it's a extremely solid game overall, I think Xenogears have a better story, FFT a better gameplay, and Earthbound a better atmosphere.
>>
>>3556125
Yeah I think the quote from the article aptly summarizes the game. The story is large and sometimes convoluted but the depth of emotion I'm the characters is great. I really like Barrett's story and feel like it's often overlooked when its one of the more intriguing arcs in the game imo
>>
One of the best games of it's time. The music and atmosphere was fantastic. Lots of fun mini games and an epic story.
The only thing I didn't like was how everyone's hands were giant blocks. Also that one super boss that would one-shot my whole team. I could never get the life 3 esper to beat him.
>>
>>3555376
It's shit, overrated, and overhyped.
Babby's first Final Fantasy.
>>
>>3555795
The music was great.
>>
I never got out of midgar
>>
>>3555734
Quite possibly the gayest game ever made
>>
>>3556349
good one dude
>>
File: ai-chou-aniki-japan.png (319KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ai-chou-aniki-japan.png
319KB, 400x400px
>>3556349
Not quite.
>>
>>3555376
Loved it, no idea why people go out of their way to shit on it
>>
>>3556612
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.... ANIKIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.....
>>
>>3556612
>that live-action one on the Saturn
>>
>>3555376

I loved the story and the worldbuilding, but every random encounter took a little bit of my patience away. I've never made it past disc 1.

There's nothing in FF7 that makes you want to seek out combat encounters, unless you love the battle system for its own sake.
>>
>>3555376
9/10 and one of the best games ever made
>>
>>3555716
>crossdressing
>homosexual hot tub scene
>perverted kidnapper crime lord used as comic relief
>the dialogue if you choose the staircase at Shinra HQ
>going on a date with Barret
>Cid's introduction
>Palmer fight ending with him being hit by a truck
>FFVII just took itself too seriously

Terrible misinformed opinion general?
>>
>>3556818
that is absolutely true, and i lived the battle system for what it was
>>
>>3556818
I think really love FF7's battle system, because I replayed it for the 3rd time a few months ago and 100% the game, first time I've ever bothered to do that with any RPG.

I think the Western release is the definitive version because Emerald and Ruby weapon really add a sense of purpose to finishing the sidequests and collecting all the best materia, given that KotR is basically essential to beating them.
>>
>>3556818
>every random encounter took a little bit of my patience away
Confirmed for not having played a JRPG before.

FFVII has a very easy encounter rate where battles are not obtrusively occurring every few steps, at least in comparison to most other JRPGs. The battle-system is also fast-paced compared to other Final Fantasies like FFIX.
>>
It's pretty good. I like the PS FFs a lot.
>>
>>3556125
This is why I loved FFT so much more. FFVII was good, but FFT was something else
>>
I love this game, and lately I've been watching my boyfriend play through it. It holds up.
>>
>>3556942
Square made FF7 into somekinda edgelord 2dark4u joke, which is why people have this misconception. I mean, just look at the trailer for the remake and how serious that takes itself.
>>
I feel like IX ruined VII for me, never get more than 8 hours before quitting.
>>
>>3557683
>IX ruined VII for me
How so?
>>
>>3557829
By being the superior game, I'd imagine.
>>
>>3555795
This

No one gave a flying fuck about RPG's in the 90's in America. Final Fantasy 7 was a game that everyone loved when it came out as it was truly groundbreaking.

In 1997:
Amazing visuals
Amazing music
Characters that had more depth than many other games
A Main character dies
Beautiful CG FMV
It wasn't hard if you grinded when needed
materia system was genius

20 years later and it aged horribly in almost every way, but all the autists who hate on it forget just how gorundbreaking it was.
>>
>>3559154
Also, the combat system was fast, fun, and simple. Too many RPG's even to this day are a chore to level up in properly and can fuck you over near the end where you realize you CANNOT beat the game (Lost Odysee, holy fuck that bullshit leveling system)

FF7 did a great job of not stranding you near the end of the game because you leveled incorrectly
>>
File: galufaeris.png (39KB, 260x179px) Image search: [Google]
galufaeris.png
39KB, 260x179px
>>3559154
>A Main character dies
Truly groundbreaking for Final Fantasy.
>>
>>3555376
Uu
>>
>>3555376
Last one I really enjoyed but it started the downward trend from fantasy worlds to more modern worlds. Had to force myself to finish VIII and never bought another game in the series.
>>
>>3559174
You didn't even check out 9, which returned to the medieval setting and had callbacks to every prior entry?
>>
>>3559168
The game wasn't serious enough to make it important. Plus he's an old man. Old people are expected to die sooner or later.
>>
>>3559176
I did but the damage was done. The PS era started the trend of douchebag metrosexual protagonists I came to hate.
>>
>>3559181
I dunno. I was way more shocked and upset over Galuf's death than Aeris'
>>
>>3555376
Good but overrated

Also this game is basically for West what is Dragon Quest 3 for japs
>>
>>3559192
Does that mean that right now on Futaba Chan there's a whole bunch of Japanese contrarians posting about what an overrated piece of shit DQ3 is?
>>
I have been playing FF VI and im so, SO dissapointed. I havent grind, buy equipment or use any strategy 4 hrs in and still havent lost once. All i do is attack attack attack and heal once in a while. The story is nice thought, but the gameplay is fucking horrible even for JRPG standards.
>>
File: 1283204582854.jpg (27KB, 190x331px) Image search: [Google]
1283204582854.jpg
27KB, 190x331px
>Playing through it again on PS4
Why did they change the button mapping around????
>>
Shallow plot, dumb characters, and overall boring game play. Main reason people say the story is good is because they could relate to the characters, such as Cloud. A lot of Japanese anime and games repeat the trope of losers saving the world or doing something with huge impact.
>>
>>3559196
FF7 made RPG popular in West
DQ3 made RPG popular in Japan

simple,isn't it?
and there are nips who thinks DQ3 is overrated piece of shit so yeah, there are contrarians too
>>
>>3555674
/thread
Literally the only good comment in this shit thread.
>>
>>3559256
>and there are nips who thinks DQ3 is overrated piece of shit so yeah, there are contrarians too

Source?
>>
I like it for the Materia setups, but thematically, Skies of Arcadia did the whole alien invasion vs rogues thing better.
>>
I wish FF7 would have taken the Wild Arms route: SNES in the streets, PS in the sheets. The battle graphics were incredible at the time, but I hated moving awkwardly around those pre-rendered backgrounds, and it was all fuzzy and you had to squint at everything. And the Lego models. Just fuck my aesthetics up. Materia was very cool, but each character should have had a baked in special move, outside of the limit break system.
>>
File: 1430415439973.jpg (57KB, 548x546px) Image search: [Google]
1430415439973.jpg
57KB, 548x546px
>>3559181
>Game wasn't serious enough to make it important
Except that's what made it so fucking shocking. FF5 was silly as shit and Galuf dying was legit fucking sad because they tried literally everything to revive him. Also,
>FF7
>Serious

>Plus he's an old man. Old people are expected to die sooner or later.
And the dumbass flower girl who's weak as shit who runs off by herself to take care of the strongest SOLDIER ever wasn't expected to die? I thought the scene was sad too but come on, Anon.
>>
>>3559154
The real groundbreaking thing was the unreliable narrator.
>>
>>3559482
Two days in 2chan (I can't remember where exactly though, that site is a fucking disaster)
Talk with a westaboo
>>
>>3561062
Galuf dying was sad but it was a "hollywood sacrificial death" as Kitase referred to it. Aeris's death felt a lot more stark because she pretty much dies and doesn't have any last great stand.

Yes, her death ends up unleashing holy so it isn't completely in vain, but I feel that was more connecting with the theme that the dead can still have a profound and positive affect on the living long after their deaths, instead of some "HE DIED IN AN EPIC FINAL BATTLE TO SAVE THEM ALL!"
>>
>>3555376
GOAT.
Still waiting for it to be topped.

>This is my actual opinion
>>
>>3555674
>You have to like popular games because they're popular.

Will you eat shit if eating shit becomes popular?
>>
Good mostly because of the memorable and interesting characters. One one of the playable characters (Cait Sith) is bad. WTF is up with his death scene and the 2nd Cait Sith? Is it supposed to be some 4th-wall breaking joke?
>>
>>3561239

If you can find the post, I'd like to read it. I've never come across a japanese person who dislikes DQ, especially DQIII.
Even if it was most likely just bait.
>>
>>3562035
It's a parody of noble-sacrifice scenes, instead of someone getting crushed by the black materia they use a disposable robot controlled by Reeve.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.