[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GBA Doom: The Lost Levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gba-doom-the-lost-levels

Why aren't you playing GBA Doom: The Lost Levels right now /vr/?

"This is a mod/hack for the real GBA Doom I game. Like in PSX Doom The Lost Levels TC, I've added all Doom I levels which not included in original GBA..."

Playing it now on my everdrive. Combined with Doom GBA, it makes for the best console port of the original doom.
>>
>>3550762
>GBA
Not retro. And Doom mods should be in the Doom general
>>
Neat but not /vr/. The DS homebrew was pretty good too.
>>
>>3550762
Duke Nukem Advance looks much better.
>>
>>3550794
There's a Doom thread already
>>
>>3550810
You have always wanted to play 'Perfect Hatred' on the GBA
>>
>>3550774
>>3550785
>port of a game from 1993
>not retro
>>
>>3550762
Does it still run like shit and have washed out colors?
>>
>>3550774
>>3550785
Ports and remakes of retro games on non retro consoles is allowed.
>>
>>3551131
>Ports
Maybe, if they're just straight ports.
>and remakes
I fucked your mother.
>>
Remakes are OK, and this is a good port. Glad to see it get more levels
>>
File: galotdgc.jpg (228KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
galotdgc.jpg
228KB, 500x502px
>playing Doom on a Nintendo console
>any year
>>
>>3551235
Doom 64 fucks your mom
suck it
>>
>>3551118
Anon, you can adjust the gamma settings in the game.

If Doom GBA looks washed out, it's your own damn fault.
>>
>>3550762
I played them on the GBA.
The new levels really aren't anything amazing.

>>3550810
Not by a whole lot, Duke Nukem Color is much more fun and inventive anyway.

>>3551308
The lighting in the GBA port is terrible though, you need to turn off shadows or you'll get horrible slowdown.

Doom 2 had an overall better port, but featured more washed out colors.
>>
>>3550762
Oh wait, it's not the GBA replacement levels, it's the original levels adapted for the GBA.

That's even less appealing.
>>
>>3551845
>Doom 2 had an overall better port, but featured more washed out colors.

Doom 2 GBA was more feature complete, but because it was built on a different engine, it didn't feel at all like doom. Compared to Doom GBA, which is a direct adaptation of the Jaguar port. (itself a straight port of the original Doom engine)

Problems with the Doom 2 GBA port;
- Doomguy has no momentum in GBA Doom 2
- Doomguy isn't half as fast in GBA Doom 2 (as compared to either original Doom 2, or the Doom GBA port)
- Because the vertical aiming is tacked on, it works poorly half the time.
- The chainsaw is now useless because it pushes enemies away rather than pull them in.
- The shotgun now fires in a circle pattern rather than a horizontal spread, making it useless at anything but close range. (the super shotgun is now super at distance

The most important issue is the speed and momentum. You can still glide around enemies and projectiles in Doom GBA, but in Doom 2 GBA your character is slow and stops on a dime. It's completely soulless.
>>
If they're actually good maps, why aren't they ported to a Doom wad?
>>
>>3552263
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35058

They made a TC mod for PC .... also since the GBA doom levels are just ported straight from Jaguar, there is also a Jaguar doom TC

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/56918-jaguar-doom-conversion/
>>
>>3552325
The gba also had exclusive deathmatch maps.

I haven't played them yet since none of my friends own a gba, but I hear they're fairly good.
>>
>>3552496
Circle jerk?
Have you even checked out the Doom general?
Out of all the generals on 4chan it produces probably the most content and is the least circle jerky around.
Come on man, do you even normal go to this site?
>>
>>3551203
>Remakes are OK
Not in /vr/
>>
>>3550762
LOOKIN' GOOD!
>>
>>3553259
Based on how moderation has handled it for the past couple of years of /vr/'s existence, yes they are.

It's an unwritten rule, which should be a written rule.
>>
File: psxdoom.jpg (43KB, 276x238px) Image search: [Google]
psxdoom.jpg
43KB, 276x238px
>Lost Levels
>>
>>3550762
why not play original doom?
>>
>>3553283
no they are not
>>
>>3554010
Why not both?
>>
>>3554013
Yes, they are.

Any time some faggot comes screaming because someone is talking about Baldur's Gate: EE, the Resident Evil remake, Shining Force on the GBA, or the DS port of Chrono Trigger, the mods eventually swoop in and removes their posts and leaves the thread standing, and that's how it should be.
>>
>>3554479
Having played Doom on the 32X, SNES, GBA and PS3, I can pretty confidently say that there really isn't that much good reason to play these ports if you have access to a PC to play it on (where the base content is unmolested, there are a dozen sourceports to pick from, and an ocean of usermade content).

I mean, it IS still pretty good, because it IS still pretty much Doom, but unless we're talking the Playstation versions (the original ones with mouse support), or Doom 64 (an all new game), there isn't a whole lot of reason to not play it on PC.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.