[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games whose name you don't remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 46

File: depression.jpg (547KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
547KB, 1400x1000px
A thread for those who need help in finding their forgotten vidya.

I'll start:
>3d sim game where you can deploy and drive up to two different aircrafts and tanks
>one of the aircrafts has a glider parachute shape and the other is blocky with 4 engines attached outside of the main body like :o:
>can alternate between the deployed vehicles and even guide them through the map
>can equip shit on the vehicles with bombs to blow up enemy buildings or lasers to make them shoot faster
>On 1st level there's a single green tank that fires red plasma bullets that crawls to the player's base to fuck shit up.
>>
Weird game Xbox original exclusive where you run around in an arena as like these little puppet characteres with big eyes and kill eachouter
>>
>3D Arcade game where you mash big round buttons to race crawling babies against each other.
>>
File: max1116700377-frontback-cover.jpg (190KB, 1193x800px) Image search: [Google]
max1116700377-frontback-cover.jpg
190KB, 1193x800px
>>3549106
Kung Fu Chaos?
>>
>>3549242
Come on Baby!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZoZv2d-kAA
>>
>>3549253

Haha that's it, thanks! Played the shit out of this at the local arcade, must have been the most obscure thing they had. What a mad concept.
>>
Oh god I've been waiting for this thread

I found a few games already, but I still need help for some still lost over the years of searching and a few of these threads. I am ASSUMING the platform, because I have a strong feeling it was on them, but all my requests are open for any platform

>Gameboy
A weird platformer???, I can almost certainly remember it being a small mech or robot like character, jumping and maybe able to shoot, I am pretty sure it was for the original Gameboy, my friend had it for his and we really liked it during summer vacation, but fuck me if I ever found it again.

>DOS
>1 Some Pac Man looking smiley face that had and old tune playing in the background, it was like a puzzle with different monsters, one I remember being scary because it was basically a line of sight instant kill, and I would sometimes not catch it and the death DOS noise was loud and abrupt

>2
Some Greendog like game, it had a cool bass heavy tune, it had green lizards??? monsters kinda like the Castlevania reptilemen, I think you could fight back with shooting something, it had a beach surfer atmosphere????

>3
My HARDEST request, beyond any doubt, my earliest game memory probably, an old game that came in the big floppy, it had this red gold yellow label, probably medieval themed, since I'm pretty sure you controlled a knight. All i remember being able to do was walk left and right. Could be anything, but I'm hinging on it being something to do with a knight. It was pretty big, not Arthur sized from Ghosts n Goblins.

>NES
A side scrolling??? horiontal shooter, it eventually had some dragon looking thing shooting at you. Could be Master System.

>Holy Grail
The DOS game collection that had that puzzle game I mentioned, that one had a whole bunch of other DOS games like that ninja one, Dare To Dream, Felix the Cat etc.

I'm certain they were in this master collection, that would basically be most if not all DOS memories.

Pic related was a successful answer
>>
I got two. One should be easy and the other a bit more difficult.

A computer game, DOS I think it was? Was on a grid and you had to collect keys. Monsters chased you around. It was an over view with a grid. When you walked over a tile it would change color. Walked over that ile like 2 or 3 times it would disappear.

The other was an XBOX game. Rated M. Over head shooter and has zombies and monsters and such. First level was in the subway with a crashed subway train. I could beat the firs part just fine but exiting to go above ground you came across I think were spiders? They always fucked me up and could not get past them.
>>
>>3549106

not retro you cuck lord
>>
>>3549270
is the 3rd DOS one "Moonstone"?
>>
some mickey mouse game i played when i was a kid, all i remember is that you were inside a haunted castle. it could have only been on snes or genesis, maybe a pc game
>>
oh fuck
>platformer on DOS (I think)
>there were these little green worms that crawled on the ground
>you played as a kid
>>
>>3549261
>>3549253
I'm astounded that it had a sequel.
>>
>>3549962
Mickey mouse castle of illusion

>>3549965
heart of darkness?
Maybe out of this world?
Abe's oddesy?

>>3549270
For number 3, I'm going to guess a home port of arcade's Gladiator.

Most of your other things are so thin that it could be anything.

As far as the collection, Dare to Dream was Epic Games. Might have been in their shareware era, but might have been a bootleg.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>3549965
Commander Keen 4
>>
>>3549974
Yeah I'm pretty sure it was this. I only have fleeting memories of the game.
>>
Real-time strategy game like Command and Conquer, modern era. One notable thing about it was that destroyed vehicles would remain on the map, creating an obstacle. Was either late 90s or early 2000.

I only played a demo, and the demo had you building your base near a long bridge.
>>
>>3549102
Nobody? Is this shit really this obscure?

I think I have another clue. I remember having a CD of it with shareware versions of games like Rise of the Triad, Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Terminal Velocity, and some others I don't remember.
>>
File: 1461009166550.jpg (253KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1461009166550.jpg
253KB, 960x1280px
>3D PC game
>you're some kind of crusader or templer
>it's not assassins creed and there is no climbing
>remember also desert for some reason
>>
File: AfterBurstGameBoyScreenshot.jpg (19KB, 324x292px) Image search: [Google]
AfterBurstGameBoyScreenshot.jpg
19KB, 324x292px
>>3549270
A gameboy game with robots and triple question mark worthy platforming.
>>
A PC platformer composed entirely of childish sketches.
That's all there is to it. I played a demo version once and thought it highly amusing for the design alone.
>>
PC DOS or Win 95 FPS game.
Involves aliens I done reckoned.
Takes place in jungle, atleast the first level.
You've got a squad of 4 people I'm pretty sure
When you select Uzi as your weapon, the dude does an Arnie impression from Terminator 1 like "Uuzi nain millimiita"
Thanks in advance
>>
>>3549968

Not only a Bowling-based sequel but a PS2 port as well, as part of the Simple 2000 series.
>>
>>3549987
It makes a HUGE fucking difference. It means that your game is probably around 1992-1996.

My half assed guess might be the battlezone remake.

People who are looking for games, put about what era the game is from. EGA dos is very different than VGA for example.
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 320x200px
>>3549378

Is the first one beetle juice?
>>
a widows DOS dungeon crawler. I think you could pick between 4 characters OR you had 4 characters. One was a male barbarian the other some female warrior, can't remember the rest. When you get hurt the portrait of your character starts to turn into a skeleton. I remember getting attacked by goblins in the cave/maze. Probably my earliest video game memory
>>
>>3550067
Land Of Lore 1 or 2 maybe
>>
>>3550067

Sounds like dungeon master to me or the sequel the legend of skullkeep bro.

Both classics!
>>
i got three.

1) PC, early to mid 90s. it's a space travel slash planet exploration game. you're stationed on the moon i believe and travel around our galaxy in a spaceship you can modify and expand as you harvest resources from planets and moons. some planets and moons are inhabitated, and you go down there with your four-man squad for top-down exploration which more often than not involved gunfights.

all i know is that i'd LOVE to have a modern indie game remake of sorts of that game. it also would've worked perfectly on the GBA.

2) PC, early to mid 90s. it's a board game simulation with wacky cartoon characters (?) going on a big race (??). as you throw the dice, you move along the grid. wacky shit happens. i can't remember well, but what i can remember is that this thing rocked.

3) PC, mid to late 90s. kart racing game i got off a 40-in-one game collection or something, it was one of the few games that worked on my ancient machine. i remember it had a track in brazil that branched.
>>
>>3550069

God it looks so close but it doesn't have a large character portrait on the side. I don't know if it was child me blowing it out of proportion or not
>>
>>3550116
Starflight series. Star control 2. Buck rogers. Sentinel Worlds- Future Magic.

2. No idea
3. Power Drift. Super Karts.
>>
>>3550127
Land of Lore 3.

From the same studios: Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2.
>>
>>3550062
>battlezone remake
That's not it, tho it does look very similar but the game I'm looking for has more dated graphics, VGA dos era if not mistaken. It also has tanks that move like ordinary ones, they just fire laser bullets instead and also have playable airships like I said before.
>>
File: image.png (17KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17KB, 320x200px
>>3550145

Fuckkkkk I think this is it! I've been asking this question on 4chan for over 6 years. Thanks man! I HAVE to play it again.
>>
>>3549102
gerteein from Bolivia
>old game u mak dinosors
thank u
>>
>>3549270
>NES
sounds like salamander/life force
>>
Shitty old text mode DOS shooting game with ASCII graphics. I think it was some IBM BASIC demo - you moved a gun at the bottom of the screen, at each position you could fire upwards only once at these strings of asterixes.
>>
File: missing.jpg (57KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
missing.jpg
57KB, 600x798px
ATARI game. It was my first vidya memory. It was a first person perspective space combat game where you fly around sectors of space shooting other enemies. You could run low on fuel and would have to call another ship to refuel you.

Anyone know what it's called?
>>
>>3549102
This was an early windows/DOS game.
You controlled a futurist helicopter/aircraft through forest-like stages (at least hte first stages were like that) isometrically.
After you finished each stage a woman said "Mission accomplished".
I think the controls were kind of weird:
pushing the right and left arrow keys made the helicopter turn on its center and the up and down buttons made it advance in the direction it was pointing IIRC. Everything was prerendered.
I found this game in some sort of demo cd my uncle had.
>>
>>3550146
Actually scratch the DoS part, I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. It might be just a win '95 game and I don't know where's a library of those.
>>
A go-Karting game on the PS1. Pretty sure a woman did voiceovers on stuff like final laps and insulted you if you went in reverse or was losing. Remember a kind of dirt track and a regular track at night with bridges. Been bugging me for years.
>>
So, here is my forgotten game:
Pc game that fitted on a floppy and ran nicely in Win98 (maybe it was 95?).
The game was topdown 2D (arcade?), you controlled a spaceship?. You were rotating around the screen quite rapidly. In the centre there were enemies (small ones as well as a boss that you had to defeat), they attacked you.
The aim was to cut as much scenario as posible to kill the boss (you had to cut a percentage of the screen), then you level up and went for the next one.
If i recall correctly you had to press spacebar in order to start cutting. And it was a hell of a fast game (you were being shooted and when you were cutting you couldnt hit an enemy).
>>
>>3549102
It's been a while and I can't remember if I played this on PS2 or GameCube but you're basically shooting sparks at enemies made out of balls. It was on a sonic or sega compilation.
>>
>>3550116
>2) PC, early to mid 90s. it's a board game simulation with wacky cartoon characters (?) going on a big race (??). as you throw the dice, you move along the grid. wacky shit happens. i can't remember well, but what i can remember is that this thing rocked.

Almost certainly Dr Drago's Madcap Chase
>>
>>3550697
>The aim was to cut as much scenario as posible

It sounds like you are talking about a game with Qix style gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvzyd0OZg1I

If your game plays like that video then go searching for PC Qix clones. Be sure to come back and post the game if you find it.
>>
>possibly on ps1
>3d fighting game
>one character could fart as an attack
>he could get a spiked helmet as an upgrade and charge people with it
>>
>>3550926
I can't think of any fighting game with a spiked helmet upgrade, so I'm going to go with fart attack.

1. Samurai showdown. Earthquake has a fart attack. I think they had a 3d game late in the series.

2. Tonge of the fatman. 2d.

3. Clayfighter Claymation 2d.

4.Primal rage Claymation 2d.

5.Tekken had some of the animals have fart attacks.

6. tatoo assasins. 2d MK style game.
>>
>>3550862
fuck yeah that's it
thank you mate

>>3550141
found it out on my own, it was actually neither of those but planet's edge
>>
File: memories2.jpg (2MB, 2856x3032px) Image search: [Google]
memories2.jpg
2MB, 2856x3032px
>>3549428
>>3549973
>Moonstone
>Galdiator
No, WAY too detailed than I remember, the Knight-esque DOS game was along the other big floppy games, like Matterhorn Screamer, it had pretty basic color schemes, Google showed me Baal, THAT is close to the colors I am thinking of, I put some bricks and blocks of color to try to illustrate the scheme but Baal has a level in a castle that does it better, but I also don't think it was Baal, it's just a good comparison

The DOS collection looked like the bottom right, it had a list of games and random exe's, usually with a pic of the game and a description, PRETTY sure Dare to Dream was included, but ABSOLUTELY sure it had some cheap Find Felix the Cat! game that didn't look like the cartoon Felix, had some Pipe game, ninja game, and a weird Billy the Kid game and nature games where you had to eat or kill weaker animals and it had different ecosystems available but for purchase

If there was some cd or zip copy of that collection, it would have all those other DOS games

>>3549992
>>3550243
>Life Force
>After Burst
No, I drew what i can remember, the lizard dragon thing was on top of the screen, but it was on top, not bottom or middle, AND either it was green, or it was grey, I put both colors in the little pic, the green and the grey could be inverted, my memory is confused, I remember a green dragon but I also remember a green grass background, and it could have been a metallic dragon thing.
Now I also have two other games I want
>NES?
DEFINITELY console games, these were at an aunt's house
One was a mouse based game, you had to get cheese or run away from a cat or something, but there was a police mouse??? and something happened, maybe a game over, where it would trigger a scene with the police mouse chastising or punishing the player with a little tune playing. I remember being pretty frustrated everytime I saw that scene, thinking " what the heck do I do then?!?" So I am pretty sure it was a failed or game over screen.
>>
PC game.
From around 1998 maybe
From a demo CD
There's a circle on the screen and you're flying around trying to go through things, like flying thru space sorta.
Can't even remember it right
>>
>>3551163
The other was a simple platformer I think with a baby chic, and everytime you got a game over, it would play a tune like Mario but I think it was more simple, like LALALA LA! and a little pause of silence with the chic making that pose I drew, and alternating left and right, like it was flapping

The other pictures are that smiley face puzzle game, THAT one was a bit more colorful and detailed, the monsters did have some nice cartoony detail, AND I found the song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPmruHc4S9Q

This is the background music for that smiley puzzle game. The face was always facing you as you moved it up down left or right, and you moved objects around. You had to to block the sight of the line of sight killers.

I also drew what I remember of that Greendog-like game, looked kind of like that, beach themed, with mermen or lizard people that you shoot at. Bass heavy music.

Last thing, the "knight" game had a more blocky looking guy or thing, forgot to mention it. This is all pretty vague I know but thank you for the help.

AND I FORGOT TO MENTION, AFTER BURST ANON YOU MOTHERFUCKER,
>>3549992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeiaWhPjD64
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cAOZWADr3U
I am 80% sure my Gameboy game was Rubble Saver/Star Saver, the music sounds familiar, and it has kids, i DO remember the mech having a small rider, it was on the sidebar looking up After Burner and it is hitting enough of the nostalgia spots, if I dont find a closer title, you get the credit
>>
Trying to remember an old DOS game I played as a kid

The screen was all black and all the sprites were orange, or maybe green, not sure.

Anyway, you played as a Dinosaur, I think you got to choose, all the herbivores played the same and had to eat and flee from carnivores, I think if you picked the only carnivore, the T-rex, you had to chase other dinos down and eat them, and not fall in tar pits or some shit like that.

I dunno man, it's just a really old dinosaur game.
>>
>>3549989
crusader no remorse comes to mind for some reason, only because of the title.
>>
>>3549102
a game i played once on a PS1 demo disc. 4 players inside a square room attempt to blow eachother up as the room itself rotates. 2.5D, the premise is that it was a competition. I want to say it has "Blast" in the title but I never knew.
>>
>>3549989
Knights of the Temple
>>
File: lassogame.png (4KB, 151x150px) Image search: [Google]
lassogame.png
4KB, 151x150px
OK trying again 2 games here:

First is a spaceship shooter seen from the back of the ship, it was shareware and i think it was on a cd. The main thin is that the stage was a seemingly realistic video (3D render) with "hotspots" that you can shoot (dont know if enemies were par of the video or sprites, but the boses were part of the video). One boss spined vertically and you had to shot in the openings on some of its sides. You started with a simple orange ball shot and upgraded up to 3 straight shots.

Second is a text adventure i bought for 5 bucks at a computer store in mcallen or laredo, i dont remember well but i think it was called temple of doom or something like that. The main feature is that some rooms had an ascii diagram of the things in them, the one I remember is one with a torch holder across the room represented with a "Â¥" wich you had to "lasso" with a rope to swing indiana jones style. Another puzzle was a room with a valuable object and a hole in the wall, if you took it poison gas came out of the hole. Solved by putting wax on the hole. The name was somethign like "Temple of Doom" but dont reamember crearly. Image depicts the lasso screen vaguely.
>>
>>3551236
Blast Chamber
>>
>>3550408
Jungle Strike matches the isometric description as well as the controls, but doesn't really fit the others.
>>
>game from around 1992/3
>don't remember the console but I think it was kind of flat and black? May have also been on NES
>at the end of the game you fall off of a cliff and a spider is falling down with you and you have to fight the spider
>once you beat the spider you get to the bottom and there is a princess maybe??
I can't remember too many details from this I was just a little kid, but I remember my stepdad playing it once. It's been bothering me ever since.
There was another one where you are some sort of ninja and you run around and let birds out of cages, and whenever you do it plays a little tune and shows the birds getting ready to fly away. May be the same game I described above. Not really sure.
>>
>>3551674
Now that I think about it it was probably on Master System.
>>
PC game, possibly an edutainment title since I played it at school. Point and click, very cartoony 2D graphics. Set inside a castle. I think you got stars for solving puzzles or maybe had to find them in the environment. There was a female character who sorta acted as your guide through the castle.
>>
File: 1438831169786.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438831169786.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>3551674
>at the end of the game you fall off of a cliff and a spider is falling down with you and you have to fight the spider
>once you beat the spider you get to the bottom and there is a princess maybe??
That kinda describes Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu on the NES.
>>
>>3549102

>>3549102
Carrier command (not Gaea mission, it is remake)/Battle command, probably later.

>>3549989
Yeah, Knights of the temple most likely.

>>3550116
Third one is Big Red Racing.
>>
>>3550408
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE-yn5CFaVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHS0Sqy0aCA
Or Peacemaker: protect, search & destroy, maybe.
>>
>>3551163
So, the knight game is late CGA or EGA graphics.

Maybe literally Knight games?

The dos port of Rastan?
>>
>>3550697
Its me
>>3550869
That you so much! It took me a couple of hours, but finally got it!!! :D

The game I described was Volfied. It's actually much older than what i remembered it.
https://youtu.be/vlYYXHICUis
Enjoy it!
>>
I rented this flighting game for N64 when I would go visit my aunt, it seemed to be almost like a soul calibur clone, I recall one of the main characters looking like Zed from Power Rangers and wielding a sword.

I thought it'd be easy to find since I didn't think n64 had many fighting games but going through wikipedia none of the names pop out. Any ideas guys?
>>
>>3551836
War gods?
>>
>>3551707
>Carrier command (not Gaea mission, it is remake)/Battle command, probably later.
It's neither of them.
>>
>>3551837
Looked it up and its not that, but a related video showed me Mace: The Dark Age and that's totally it, so thank you anon!
>>
DOS or Win 3.1 game

Sci Fi, almost like a Star Control, with text choices, I remember I found an alien in the beginning and you could be a dick and call them ugly and he would call you uglier, like the Vulpox but he was more brown than green and it wasn't Star Control I've played that since

You even fly around like SC, in all directions and you can accelerate and shoot spaceships, it didn't go into this special battle mode or anything
>>
>>3551694
>Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu
I'll be god damned. That's it.
>>
This one is bugging me for ages:
I remember playing a Commando-esque game which was horror themed on the Commodore 64 as a kid.
I also sort of remember there being one large stage instead of multiple smaller ones and the color palette being mostly grey.

Anyone here who knows what I'm talking about?
>>
>>3551639
First one sounds like Novastorm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdkcbYheBf8
>>
>>3550814
Vectorman?
>>
>>3552204
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdkcbYheBf8
THIS IS IT!, guess the shots were blue after all, damn man thanks, been looking for this for years!!
>>
Back in the mid 90s I had a couple of first person point and click adventure games all with a spooky horror theme.

The art quality would very wildly from scene to scene and it was because all the art assets were drawn by some middle school class that got chosen to 'help make a video game".

Some of the art was obviously originally done in crayon or colored pencils before getting adapted to sprites.

The two scenes I remember the most is a stream with the outline of a dead body under the water, and later finding a cursed blood thirsty dagger that would posses you if you touched it.

It was some spooky shit and my edgy 13 year old self ate it up. It was for DOS or maybe Win95 considering the time frame. I know it came on 3.5 floppies.
>>
>>3551717
>>3551669

Not any of those. I guess the game is mostly windows game and I remember it being really good.
The jungle/rainforest was full of machinery and I remember the healthbar appearing beneath the airship like a rectangle full of green rectangles (available hp) and red rectangles (lost hp). May be that can give an indication as to what engine it was running on?
>>
>>3551717
>>3551669

Wellp, just found it, this is the game, it looks my memory was kind of off in some places but the game seems interesting enough haha.
It was from a polish company and shareware so odds of anyone knowing it were really low:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TkdnAYK00c
>>
NES game: transformer-like mech flying arms forward through space shooting stuff.

Forgive my vague memory, but I saw this game for only 5 seconds or so when I was 8. It was on a Chinese multicart. I don't really expect to learn what it was, just curious.
>>
PC game from early 90s. Somewhat survival horror like. The graphics were quite interesting and looked pseudo 3D, using voxels. It had British English voice acting.

The game had a fantasy type setting began with you riding a horse into town being overrun by zombies/demon like creatures.
>>
>>3552718

Section Z ?
>>
NES game where you're walking through a town to somewhere and the entire town is conspiring against you with explosives.
>>
>>3552761
>Section Z
That's not it, but an interesting find still
>>
>>3552768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSk84JLGd4
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
>>
>>3552768
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?
>>
>>3552781
>>3552780
That's it, christ that game was horrid
>>
I played this SNES RPG when I was like 4 or 5, it was one of my older brother's games, I think I played on his file, all I can sort of remember is what the battle screen looked like and what area I was in.
>Characters were either riding in small mechs or were small robots
>The battles were turn based
>I think there was a flamethrower attack
>One of the mechs was blue, I think
>I was in an area with grass and trees, and I think there was a part where the ground went up over a river
>>
>>3552795
You haven't watched AVGN? That game is the show's "worst game ever" meme
>>
>>3552718
Macross?
>>
>>3552810
Seems close, but that's not it… I remember the mech was flying with his hands put forward. My memory is very vague, but IIRC he looked pretty close to Optimus Prime.

It's even vaguer, but I think you fought other mechs too if that helps.
>>
>>3552797
Robotrek?
>>
>>3552741
I figured it out on my own. The game is called Ecstatica. Pretty cool...

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=aspb8UdPmmk
>>
>>3552795
you HAVE to watch the AVGN episode about it

you have a priceless memory
>>
>>3549102
>You build spaceships on a honeycomb style grid
>The parts you choose effect things like range of motion, fire power, speed, protection, et cetera
>You fight other ships
>Was on a PC Gamer or similar demo disc POSSIBLY with a G-Police demo
>>
File: 1397641605093.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1397641605093.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>3552912
it's a floating island instead of a ship, but Stratosphere kinda works like that
>>
>>3552926
Downloading it now. Kind of looks like that might be it.
>>
>>3552849
Yeah, that's it! Thanks anon, I had been wondering what it was for years now.
>>
File: aircrafts.png (4KB, 607x123px) Image search: [Google]
aircrafts.png
4KB, 607x123px
>>3550643
>>3550146
>>3549987
>>3549102
One last shot: I (poorly) drew the playable airships on the front view. The left one shoots red twin laser bullets while the other on the right side shoots single blue ones and can carry bombs, too.
>>
>>3549102
Some game on the Playstation where you find a dragon or something that later transforms into a little boy. I think it was isometric.
>>
>>3554107
Could it be Strike Base?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY17x89FIIk
>>
>arcade bowling game with bunny girls
>played it in arcade in early 90s

I thought it was capcom bowling or the SNK one but they are missing the bunnygirl.
>>
>>3552205
yes, Vectorman. Thanks.
>>
File: 132576543246.png (280KB, 1280x1039px) Image search: [Google]
132576543246.png
280KB, 1280x1039px
>>3554186
Holy shit, that's it, that's the game that's been on my head for years! Thank you so much anon.

I have another challenge though. It's a top/down space invaders style shmup, where you can move on a vertically limited space at the bottom and you have to clear increasingly harder waves of enemies before proceeding to the next level.

A gimmick of this game is weapon's power = lives, being at max level a green laser and brown rings and if your weapon level is at 0, it's game over.
>>
>>3550408
Swiv 3D perhaps
>>
>>3550926
Did it feature a dwarf on sticks?
>>
>>3549102
non-troll/non-meme question: a platformer where there are people tied to a stake on their knees and you can execute them with your shotgun but you shouldn't bc then you'll lose after like 3 deaths.
>>
>>3554257
Maybe The Bermuda Triangle?
>>
>>3551196
Ballistics?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr4Ger4Abt8
>>
>>3554257

Blackthorne?
>>
>>3554461
YES. thank you, anon.
>>
>>3549423
Literally no one cared or cares, child.
>>
>>3555024
Nice projection kid, now fuck off to your containment board
>>
File: pc-47774-11352809680[1].jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pc-47774-11352809680[1].jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>3554169
Breath of Fire IV.
You're in for quite the ride.
Try the third also. Both great games on the PS1
>>
File: 0508[1].jpg (58KB, 580x378px) Image search: [Google]
0508[1].jpg
58KB, 580x378px
>>3549102

It wouldn't hurt trying again.

A top down shooter, kind of like Smash T.V.
It was on early rendered 3D from the 2000s. You would be deployed on missions, shooting things while you walked around.
Futuristic theme. Gory, as far as the graphics allowed it. One peculiar thing is that you could rescue people by "Euthanasing them", which was shooting them repeatedly.
It was a demo with 3 or 5 levels. I remember playing it again and again.
>>
Top-down helicopter shmup on the C64
>>
This is a game I spent ages trying to track down, and I ended up realizing that I may have imagined playing it.

I'll post again on the off chance that someone here can remember it.

It's a Persona 1/Persona 2 style JRPG featuring two male students and their female teacher.

Overall plot is that one of the students, the MC's friend, is involved with a yakuza/mafia type organization and is trying to get out. The teacher and MC help him, only for it to turn into a bizarre chase that ends with them crossing over to some sort of "mirror world"

They now have to find a way out of the mirror world, while being chased by the same mobsters who want to take down the MC's friend.

Pixel visuals, standard JRPG gameplay, plot is basically people from the 90s crossing over to some kind of "Shadow World" sealed away in mirrors.

From what I recall, you only had the two male students and the female teacher as party members, but there may have been an extra slot for an additional party member who joins you later.
>>
>>3555261
Beach Head II maybe?
>>
>>3555261
Thunderblade?
>>
>>3555068
Could it be Millenium Soldier Expendable?
>>
>>3552718
Sidearms. Magmax. The Japanese game Transformers 2, starring ultra magnus.
>>
Late nineties game, pc. Can't remember much except that it was trying new things. It was an rpg, I think isometric, though I also think you could manipulate the camera. I played the demo version of it, and in it, aside from your character, the one guy you meet is some Robin Hood wannabe dressed all in green. He had a beard (one of those faggy beards, like goatee but more stylish) and he might or might not have had face tribal tattoos. I remember that he used a bow and when you levelled it you could upgrade it to grenade arrows or fire arrows or some shit.

Not much, I know.

The other was an adventure game that I remember seeing on some game show in the "Info" region, meaning it had to be early nineties. Amiga or PC. IT was cartoony, and very much in the vein of Monkey Island in terms of interface. I kind of remember the main character looking like some kind of a shaman, or a druid, or something like that and entering a house that seemed shaped like a tree.
>>
>>3555803
>The other was an adventure game that I remember seeing on some game show in the "Info" region, meaning it had to be early nineties. Amiga or PC. IT was cartoony, and very much in the vein of Monkey Island in terms of interface. I kind of remember the main character looking like some kind of a shaman, or a druid, or something like that and entering a house that seemed shaped like a tree.

Possibly one of the Kyrandia games.
>>
>>3551875
solar winds?
>>
>>3555803
>The other was an adventure game that I remember seeing on some game show in the "Info" region, meaning it had to be early nineties. Amiga or PC. IT was cartoony, and very much in the vein of Monkey Island in terms of interface. I kind of remember the main character looking like some kind of a shaman, or a druid, or something like that and entering a house that seemed shaped like a tree.

Simon the Sorcerer?
>>
File: loom-4.png (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
loom-4.png
24KB, 320x240px
>>3555803
Your 2nd one is Loom, maybe??
>>
File: Simon-the-Sorcerer.gif (63KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Simon-the-Sorcerer.gif
63KB, 640x400px
>>3555803
>>
>>3550004
nvm found it
>>
>>3556037
You could at least tell other people what it is.
>>
>>3556101
sent you a pm ;)
>>
>>3556137
Ty.
Looks pretty interesting, gonna check it out.
>>
>>3555658
Good finds, but that's not it

> Transformers 2
There was 2? I can't find it
>>
Not a lot to go off of for this one.

Some kind of computer game that I used to play at my friends house back in the mid to late 80s. I don't know if it was Apple, Tandy, IBM, or what. Wasn't Commodore. It was color.

Mainly what I remember was that it was a sci-fi game with robots fighting in some kind of arena/colosseum thing.
>>
Looking for an old PC game where you control a fox looking creature on two legs in what looks like black and white forest, and it's top-down like a traditional Zelda game would be. I might be wrong but I think the game included command inputs by typing words. Ideas?
>>
File: pugs-dressed-as-flowers1[1].jpg (64KB, 560x373px) Image search: [Google]
pugs-dressed-as-flowers1[1].jpg
64KB, 560x373px
>>3555635

Motherfucker, it is! My memory was hazy, wasn't it?
All this years looking and i thought it was a lot darker than it is.
Thank you. have some pugs in return.
>>
ARCADE RAIL SHOOTER: late 80s, beginning 90s. two guns with grenade button, I remeber 1 boss being a white owl shooting its feathers at you. was in arcades at the same time TOKI was.
>>
>>3555837
Possibly. I only played Kyrandia 3 with the jester and it's not that one.

>>3555903
>>3555913
>>3555918
Nah, played all of those and while awesome (especially Simon 2 and Loom), not the ones I'm looking for.
>>
>old PC game (it was some time between 1996-1998?? I think)
>RPG
>you could go outside of town, fight monsters on your way
>protagonist was green-haired

what's this game? I remember the battles looking like player character on the right, monsters on the left or something, but my memory's foggy there
>>
>>3552845

In Macross your main ship can shift/transform to other types (between faster who shoots once a lifetime, or slower that shoots like no tomorrow)
>>
>>3552718
Thexder?

>Flying arms forward
You mean Superman style?
>>
Old but not sure if still retro, but here goes:

I'm looking for a space 4x where you started as a captain of a single warship patrolling for space pirates, and as missions went you got promoted to fleet commander and finally to governor of the entire sector, introducing new layers of mechanics this way. You stayed in the same sector, your area of operations just got expanded with each mission.
>>
>>3558014
Try Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate
it's also the best of the series, 1 had shit parts and 3 is mostly shit
>>
>>3550001
Doodlebug at a guess.
>>
>>3551198
First one could be New Zealand story
>>
I may be way off on memories here, but I'll give all I can:
>you flew a plane of some sort around a single screen(no scrolling)
>there was a targeting reticule that randomly moved around the screen that could kill you
>there were a lot of other planes(?) that you could shoot down. IIRC, they flew in formation and some shot, some didn't.
>at the bottom of the screen was a ship(a pirate-era galleon?) that you could slowly whittle down to its skeletal framework. When you did enough damage, the screen flashed, the ship disintegrated, and a fresh one scrolled in.
>arcade game, likely 1980s

All the shmups I look at from that time don't look right...hope someone can help.
>>
There was this SNES game

where you fly jets in an isometric view

and you bomb oil refineries

iirc it was a very unknown/shovelware type of game.
>>
>>3558167
Desert Strike?
>>
File: 4008-1-miura-warrior.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4008-1-miura-warrior.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>3558048
this?
>>
>>3558291
Good guess. It looks similar to Desert Strike but has a F-14 or similar jet instead of the helicopter. My only remaining memory is of it doing bombing runs over an oil field, blowing up refinery tanks.

Years back, I searched through the SNES list of released games, but never managed to find it. It definitely exists though, I used to rent it all the time back when video stores existed.
>>
Based on memories of an arcade game:
>a tank shmup (?), vertical, scrolling, Japanese, 2 player
>Had boss battles, with some midbosses having a timer where you could get bonuses for destorying them on time
>The most distinct part of the game was the fact that you had a turret that you could rotate, thus rotating the direction you're shooting
>Tank cannon rotation was done using two buttons, to rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise
>Tank cannon had upgradeable weapons like a laser beam, a morning star (that was green and kinda attached to your enemies)
>The laser cannon in particular had this flashy fade-out, so that if you rotated your cannon while shooting it created this arc or wider lance that looked really cool
>You could have one of many different weapon types at a time, powerups changed your weapon type and you could fortify/upgrade your existing weapon type
>Had quite beautiful pixel graphics, seemed to be 16 bit or above palette
>Arcade coin game, likely 1990s

Name iirc was something like Gradient / something else, but was definitely not gradius. Could be totally wrong though.
>>
>>3558996
Meh, found it myself, it was Guardian Force.
>>
>>3552689
man it looks so much like a shitty iphone game nowadays
>>
>>3558167
Air Strike Patrol, I guess.
>>
>>3558074
> Thexder?
Not it

>Flying arms forward
> You mean Superman style?
Yep
>>
Oh man. Okay. So it was maybe an old shareware game. You could edit levels and it was like a "Learn to make vidya" sort of thing but from the 90's.

I think you were... traveling through the level using a craft of some kind?

Fuck I wish I remembered.

I also have a memory of a game, you were in a space ship, the main screen like your viewport thing was surrounded by a weird design and there were... things like weapon control and stuff. Lots of blue, too.
It wasn't Aliens, though.
>>
>>3558305
Unfortunately not ): I'm pretty sure you played as a boy
>>
When I was young I remember watching my older brother play some game on the computer (I think it was around 2002?? or 2003??)

It had a dark green interface and you could create your own character profile and choose from different preset avatars, give your character a name etc etc.
I think it was even online and you could play with others? But I'm not sure, I asked my brother but he doesn't remember it.
>>
>>3558048
Knights of Xentar? That is one of the rare games on PC that had that kind of a battle setup. Protagonist was green haired too.
>>
>>3549102
One of the BGMs in this game was used for the opening credits of the "Gaming in the Clinton Years" youtube series.
>>
>>3559592
>Knights of Xentar
omfg maybe?? I'm looking at screens but I'm not 100% sure... it was an H game? I was so small and played with my brother I can't imagine how we got our hands on a game like this haha
>>
>>3559576
Maybe Jetpack?
>>
I'm browsing MyAbandonware at the moment. Also PlayDOSGamesOnline.
For MS-DOS. It's a Point and Click adventure game where you're starting out in the game washing the windows outside of a skyscraper. Then you enter the building. Was VGA, might've had a CD-ROM release, and I forget what else. Also the font was kind of a blocky but refined sans-serif.
>>
>>3549102
If anyone remember this, I swear I'll rip myself copious new assholes so you can all fuck them and partake in the pleasure as a thank you

It was a PC game back in...2000something that my dad got for cheap in some magazine and it had some weird fucking animal that jumped on things platformer-like in a forest\among trees, a bit like crash bandicoot hidden levels, and this animal looked like some hybrid canine\hog thing, pretty shitty looking, might or might not have worn leather clothes with laces like BDSM shit but i'm not sure. Name was some shitty cool name i can't remember and it had a J somewhere i think
I've been obsessing my friend with this and he thinks i'm hallucinating it, please someone recognize it
>>
>>3557679
2d? 3d? joystick control or light gun? Horror themed?

Crypt Killer. Ninja Combat. Vampire Night. Lets Go Safari.
>>
>>3558138
Two tigers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTdGAyo6TI0
>>
>>3560659
That is closer than any other I've seen/searched for. I swear the graphics were better, but I'm pretty sure also that the nostalgia just colored my memories on it.
Many thanks, anon!
>>
>>3552803
I don't watch anyone with more than 1000 subscribers as a rule.
>>
>>3559072

oh shit thats the one. thanks man.
>>
Looking for the name of a PC game from around 1995-1997 that was like a jeapardy-style game show that took place in space.

You had to answer questions to advance round to round to defeat some guy on a planet who showed uo to taunt you in FMVs.

I remember one of the aliens you would play as was a green tentacle monster with an exposed brain.
>>
>>3555846
Bitchin

Yes, that is it

Here is the exact part of what I was talking about, even

https://youtu.be/2eAVa8vL2YE?t=3m35s

Thanks man

I hope it's as good as Star Control
>>
File: 614132.png (70KB, 336x200px) Image search: [Google]
614132.png
70KB, 336x200px
There was an oldish PC game that came with a computer (it was a dell XPS 400 if that helps) my family bought in 2005-2006. The developer or publishers logo looked like the Volition or Terminal Reality logos but I've looked through their catalouges and I don't think it's from them. The game was a side scrolling shooting You were a space marine kind of guy shooting alien things. The first level was in some sort of jungle or forest leading to a base.
>>
>>3560985
Evolva came with a lot of PCs and I think was a jungle-based shooter. The other stuff doesn't really fit though.

Another possibility is "Millenium Soldier: Expendable"
>>
>>3561001
I think Millenium Soldier: Expendable might have been the game. Thanks!
>>
A ps1 or ps2 games (It's been so fucking long) where you made a robot that could battle another robot, there was always one that was all edgy and had a fire sword and could one hit you, and one of the bosses had a missile fist.
>>
>>3561184
Robo-pit 2
>>
A NES side-scrolling game, I think (I know it was 8-bit or 16-bit), where I seem to recall you played a as a knight or something along those lines.
I seem to remember the character having a kind of odd jump, and not being able to change trajectory after jumping.
I think some of the enemies were lizardmen or something, though I could be conflating that with something else.

I think it was made by Acclaim, but after checking their catalogue, the closest I can find is Wizards and Warriors, but if I recall correctly, it was a lot less bright/cartoony than those games.
>>
>>3561350
Ghosts and Goblins?
>>
Some weird PC intractable kids game, there is some kind of cartoon talking cat and animals, everything is pixely, some kind of lake. Maybe interacting makes some kind of song play? Everything makes funny sounds. Must have been 1995-2000ish. It wasn't an action game

Also there's this game about parrots, and there's a sunset, it might not even be a game, but you click buttons and there are a bunch of songs about parrots "We're birds of a feather, we fly together"
>>
>>3560483
It must be Les Voyageurs du Temps/Future Wars
>>
>>3551163
the NES Cat and mouse game is called Mappy
>>
>>3558014

Discworld maybe? With Rincewind.
>>
pc educationa/typing/math game from around 2000-2003, space themed with either aliens or astronauts, one of the games has you build a bridge with blocks, another is a space taxi and features a catchy tune
>>
>>3549102
PlayStation sidescroller where you were a little girl and the stage that was on this demo was a city at night or something like that and you could see the moon on top of the screen. I think you could shoot something but don't remember.
>>
>>3549102
Hostile Waters?
>>
Alright, this game has bugged me for years.

>Arcade Cabinet Machine
>Side scrolling beat-em-up or perhaps platformer
>Sprite Based Artwork
>Fantasy Setting with the player exploring a dungeon or perhaps castle
>Player had access to a party of characters. Maybe 8 or so, which you could switch out when health was running low, or perhaps when you died.

I played it at the house of a former friend of my father. He's moved to New Zealand and has become estranged so I've no way of finding out what it is from him.
>>
>>3563529
Possibly Magic Sword - Heroic Fantasy
>>
>>3563673
>Magic Sword - Heroic Fantasy

It's close. It might even be it, but I remember the art work being a bit simpler.
>>
File: Eva.png (1MB, 911x681px) Image search: [Google]
Eva.png
1MB, 911x681px
>>3549102
>NES
>Side scrolling Beat 'em up.
>When you got a level up or something of this nature your T-shirt starting to explode in pieces.
>You can enter the buildings located on the the background by pushing Up on the d-pad.
>>
>>3563126
Math Blasters?
>>
File: Gunforce_2_(Geo_Storm).png (32KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Gunforce_2_(Geo_Storm).png
32KB, 320x240px
>>3557679
Gunforce 2?
Don't know about owls, tho
>>
File: image.jpg (327KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327KB, 1024x768px
>>3559590
Neocron - 2002
Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York - 2004
>>
>>3563748
Hokuto no Ken 2?
>>
File: Hokuto no Ken.gif (42KB, 347x423px) Image search: [Google]
Hokuto no Ken.gif
42KB, 347x423px
>>3564058
Yes. Thank you.
But it was the first game, apparently.
>>
>>3564040
>RAIL SHOOTER
So it's not a Gunforce then
>>
>>3564051
Neocron 2 came out in a big double-dvd-case I used to hide drugs in.
>>
File: Mickey_Mousecapade.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey_Mousecapade.png
3KB, 256x224px
>NES
>You play as a clown, I guess.
>It's has Mickey Mousecapade type of graphics.
>The first location is in the large house, with the yellow walls. One of the main obstacles are the large drops of a green goo.
>>
>>3564106
>It has
>>
>>3564106

Milon's Secret Castle?
>>
>>3564136
That's not it.
It's not Krusty's Fun House either.
>>
>>3564106
Kid Klown was originally a Mickey Mouse game. Possibly Mr. Do?

http://www.giantbomb.com/mr-do/3005-8547/
http://www.giantbomb.com/kid-klown/3005-24551/
>>
A coin-op arcade fighting game, 2D graphics, early 1990's, or maybe, possibly late 1980's. But definitely from the period when Samurai Shodown and everything else SNK was hot shit. Here's all that I remember:

In demo mode, we get an animated intro where the main character smashes a family photo of himself and his sister with a fist. We are then explained that the main character's sister has been kidnapped, possibly being held for ransom, and the main character has to travel to a particularly dangerous and seedy part of town to rescue her. Meanwhile, the 2P character is the main character's best buddy and he follows him to help him on his quest. Then a short animation of the player characters kicking ass. Not Streets of Rage, and not 64th Street: A Detective Story, but definitely a very similar game.

I saw the arcade cab for this game a few times as a kid, but couldn't play because back then I didn't have any money. It bugs me that I failed to memorize the name.
>>
>>3564795
One of the Double Dragons?

Sorry, but that's the plot to a lot of games, sadly.
>>
Some kind of playstation 1 game where you drove cars with guns on them and you had to beat other cars with guns until they explode. Lots of sandy areas and destroyable objects and you could customise your car a little and which kind of fuel it needed.
>>
>>3549270
>I've been waiting for this thread

Then you should've just made a thread for it. What is with people on this website not understanding that you don't need to wait until Moots left ass cheek grows a new hair on it before you can make a thread?
>>
>>3564851
No, not the Double Dragon-series. They look nothing like the game I'm remembering. Sorry, Anon.
>>
Old game I played on a windows 95 machine. It started in a colorful house, and the main character was a walking cat. You had to leave the house, but the door is locked, and the key was inside a fishbowl which had a piranha inside (I think). It looked very cartoony and colorful. Might have been point and click, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
>>
>>3564885
>Moot
Who?
>>
>>3561756
That was it.
Found it on MyAbandware and PlayDOSGamesOnline at the same time a few days ago.
>>
>>3564941
>bait.bmp
>>
File: image.png (103KB, 202x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103KB, 202x200px
>>3564795
Crime Fighters - Konami (1989) - kidnapped women
Vendetta/Crime Fighters 2 - Konami (1991) - kidnapped woman
Violent Storm - Konami (1993) - kidnapped girlfriend
64th Street: A Detective Story - C.P. Brain (1991) - kidnapped daughter
Silent Dragon - East Technology (1992) - kidnapped girlfriend/sister

This site:
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/articles.htm
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/catalog/genre-bmu.htm
>>
>>3564716
No, unfortunately not.

>Milon's Secret Castle
>Krusty's Fun House
>Kid Klown
>Mr. Do

So, it's neither of them.
>>
>>3550394

There's a lot of those for the Atari 2600.

>Star Voyager
>Star Raiders
>Starmaster
>Phaser Patrol
>Space Attack
>Solaris (not 1st-person)
>>
A racing game, top down

you change lanes only

palm trees and beaches and stuff like that

PolyStation or some console like that
>>
>>3549102
>side scrolling game with two helicopters (if 2 players)
>start on a boat
>you can destroy fucking everything including the boat itself
>you can even destroy the asphalt
>there are fuel stations, you can be a dick and destroy the fuel station before your friend arrives to refuel
>there were cluster bombs

No one's ever been able to guess this so far and I'm desperate.
>>
2D PC game with a "weird olympics" theme (like climbing a building), you could use some dude, sasquatch, among others. Released around mid-1990s
>>
>>3566502
It's a genuinely horizontal side-scroller, right? Not one of the "Strike" games like Desert Strike or Jungle Strike
>>
File: Silkworm1.png (6KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Silkworm1.png
6KB, 320x200px
>>3566551
Yeah it's this kind of thing, but the one I meant was somewhat better looking. Still VGA.
>>
>>3566557
There's Jetstrike but I don't believe there's a 2-player co-op mode, and it's more about the planes than the choppers (although they are in it).
>>
Really hope y'all can help because I stumped my local retro game stores.

PSX title, JRPG high fantasy setting. One of your party members was like a steam powered/copper looking robot. You got this party member maybe 1/4th through the game. Vaugely remember a private poison swamp area.
>>
>>3566647
>steam powered/copper looking robot.
>poison swamp area.
This is either Chrono Trigger or Breath of Fire 4.
>>
Played this on the Macintosh, it was a 3D strategy game set on a grid. I mostly remember not having any direct control over your units and one of the units having a buzzsaw protruding from its middle that it attacked with. I've looked all over for it but I have not found anything like it.
>>
>>3566662
Gearheads?
>>
>>3566668
It's not that, all of the units were definitely robots and not toys. Gearheads does look neat though.
>>
I used to play a fps game in the early 90s that came on 4 cds and had something to do with people being cursed. There was dungeons but not much shooting if that makes and sense
>>
hey guys, i don't remember this game name:
it's a 90's PS1 game where the main character is a little boy. i remember there was a video at the beginning of game, in that video was a family sitting around when another's dimension monster appear and something bad happened (I think that this ''monster" kidnapped his parents). I don't remember all the details, i was a young boy and never get through the first level.
i do remember that in the first level you were at the second floor of your house, there was a pink or purple carpet, a big twirl between where you were and the staircase. there was a few monsters.... that's all i can remember, does it ring anyones bell?
>>
A game i played on the spectrum zx, you controlled an astronaut. I dont remember the goal of the game... I remember some thing with plants, and solving puzzles, collecting objects wich had to be put to use.
>>
>>3566831
I don't think it's "Heart of Darkness" but someone is bound to suggest it so it might as well be me.
>>
>>3566838
>Heart of Darkness
unfortunally it's not. heart of darkness has the same skullmonkeys "view/camera", the game i'm looking for has a similar monkey hero's "v/c"!
>>
>>3566834
Jetpac?
>>
>>3566831
Maybe 40 Winks or Rascal?
>>
File: Sem título.png (61KB, 765x465px) Image search: [Google]
Sem título.png
61KB, 765x465px
>>3566876
>40 Winks or Rascal?
Just watch a yt video, i remmeber these games but they're not.
Don't mind my MASTER PAINT SKILL (nor my english) but... the first level was "just" like this
>>
File: capture7783.png (131KB, 304x670px) Image search: [Google]
capture7783.png
131KB, 304x670px
>>3565967
>>3564851

>>3564795 here again. Found it you guys! It was Art of Fighting. But my memory of it was a bit wonky, since it wasn't a belt scroller after all, but a more traditional tournament-type of fighter with rounds. But regardless, there was a plot involved. I'm gonna track it down and try it out now.

Thanks to anyone who replied, and >>3565967 in particular. Your links provided an invaluable clue.
>>
>>3566801
realms of the haunting
>>
Alright, I have one for you Anons...

It was on Windows 98, I remember distinctly riding a dirtbike through a desert with hills and dunes, it was walled in with huge cliffs, but if you were patient, you could get on top of them, drive a distance, then your bike would explode and you'd be launched back onto the main area.

Regardless of whether you can help me or not, thanks for taking the time on this.
>>
>>3560643
2d, horror themed, light gun.

It was late 80's, so everything post '92 would not be the game.

Shit now I feel old.
>>
>>3566874
>Jetpac?
I watched some vids on youtube but its not.... You did travel to other places, but there where puzzles and tools to use, or is my mind playing tricks on me?....
>>
>>3549102
A top down arcade shooter that is almost exactly like raiden II but at the end you go to space and fight a giant alien monster. I could just be remembering raiden II wrong, but I could swear there was an alien creature shooting at you at the very end.
>>
>>3567664
Motocross Madness not retro gtfo
>>
>>3567695
Laser Ghost?
>>
File: 1507528-bigthumbnail[2].jpg (52KB, 450x289px) Image search: [Google]
1507528-bigthumbnail[2].jpg
52KB, 450x289px
a western rpg with a fixed camera angle, slightly isometric I think.
The main character might have had blonde hair. Pretty sure it was on PS1, could have been on PS2

I played this game with my grandad and would like to revisit it. Not much to go on, I know.
>>
Top down arcade shooter-esque game (like Touhou) on the Gameboy Color. You play as a ship that can get different power ups and I believe there was a password system after level. Graphics were white and green? Not sure.

Played the game a lot of a child until I somehow lost it inside the house.
>>
A game on ps1. it's Dark Souls, but you play as a Fox
Had spooky music
>>
>>3567445
This site is incredibly good.
>>
>>3567861
>PS1, could have been on PS2
>grandad
That aside, what do you mean by "western rpg"? Is it something like Diablo or more like Might & Magic?
>>
>>3567818
I found it. It was the arcade version of Strikers 1945, with the crazy shape shifting alien at the end.
>>
>>3567590
That's the son of a bitch. Thanks! That's why I love this place
>>
>>3567823
That's it! thanks so much, Anon! It was released in 1998, so it makes the cutoff for /vr/
>>
>>3567869
Solar Striker?
>>
>>3567943
Western made. It had that type of Jank only gaijins if the time could do.
>>
>>3567861
Not really sure, but maybe Shadow Madness?
>>
>>3568645

This was the first game I got for my gameboy, I forgot all about this.
>>
Does anyone know any NES/SNES RPGs that allowed heavy customization of your boat and featured lots of boat travel? Including buying a maiden head?
>>
Game was on shockwave.com or a similar site a loooong time ago, and probably doesn't belong on /vr/ but /v/ is cancer fuck them. It was a demo version of a full game, set (probably don't remember this correctly, but I'm gonna try) in 2052 at a mining colony on Pluto. It was 3rd person perspective, and you controlled what I remember being a pink/purple ship on the surface. You started in a small area built apparently to maintain the ship, or act as storage or something. I don't remember the enemies well enough to describe them, but I remember blue crystals that you could mine as well as other colors, and those I think acted as currency to build/buy upgrades for the ship. Certain areas were pretty much inaccessible because loldemo, and there was a time limit that would kick you off after say 15 minutes of playing. That's all I've got.
>>
>>3569429
Uncharted Waters (1 and 2)
>>
>>3569429

Thanks m8, you're a life saver

Does anyone remember a game similar to Wizardry 8, probably a blobber, but one that featured dragon hatching and dragons pretty predominantly? Around 1997?
>>
There was a fighting game either on PS1 or PS2 where it kind of have an rpg type singleplayer and it was all based around choosing different kinds of Martial arts and you would talk to people and get into fights then it would load into the typical fighting game gameplay with lifebars and stuff.
>>
>>3570431
Tobal No. 1?
>>
>>3570451
No it was very straight laced without anime stuff. It was old timey though if i remember like you would fight a sailor on a dock and stuff. You could customize your fighting style by switching martial arts and stuff.
>>
>>3570431
Outside shot but you're not talking about Shenmue for the Dreamcast were you?
>>
>>3570490
Nah, i found it myself.

It was just called Shoa Lin and wasn't released in USA so most of you guys probably never had the chance to play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1uuwQAX_J0

I rented it from blockbuster and loved that it had a cool rpg single player mode as well as a fighting game mode.
>>
File: image.png (73KB, 517x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
73KB, 517x395px
>>3566471
Road fighter?
>>
>>3570406

No one? I remember different colored dragons being very important
>>
>>3570518
It's been like an hour. Is it Quest for Glory? Bard's Tale?
>>
90s pc game where you play as a weird baby/alien and you have to ride on top of screwdrivers/hammers basically carpentry tools and remove some stuff off the stage like nails/bolts(basically as to what tool you are riding).
Its isometric and plays like a puzzle game.
>>
>>3551639
Castle Adventure?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jnwlCtAF-U
>>
>>3552797
Front Mission?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdXtPPdd9YA
>>
MS-DOS or Windows game.
Similar to Fallout. Cyberpunk sorta or something. (Not Arcanum.)
Late 1990's
Isometric turn based or not.
NOT PLANESCAPE: TORMENT or any Forgotten Realms.
Was on a CD-ROM, obviously.

RTS or TBS.
Similar to DUNE, DUNE II, DUNE 2000, C&C, WarCraft I & II, StarCraft, Rise of Nations, TOTAL WAR, Age of Empires.

Maybe it was Total Annihilation? Not sure.
>>
File: gubble1stpage.png (430KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
gubble1stpage.png
430KB, 600x450px
>>3570543
Oh shit, that's GUBBLE, son! One of my favorite games as a kid.
>>
>>3570612
First one: Dreamweb?

Second one: Dark Reign is an overlooked RTS from the period, also KKND
>>
PC game if I remember correct, flying a plane and you need to collect balls. The balls can be collected when flying above planes that are a bit magnetic. All you balls create a string behind your plane and you score when you fly through a ring in the center of the level.
>>
>>3570702
nvm, found it, was clusterball
>>
>>3570628
Was Dreamweb also for DOS? I'll look on MyAbandonware and PlayDOSGamesOnline.
>>
>>3570625
Thanks senpai
I can rest in peace now
>>
>>3567861
Wild Arms?
>>
It was an RPG that was on the old 10,000 game Galaxy of Games disk. The story takes place underground, you arrive in a city and it gets attacked by spiders, at some point you have to buy a boat. It had lizard people. The fireball spell was 3x3.
>>
>>3555803
Second sounds like kyrandia book 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bDl0tcYG3M
>>
>>3570754
Exile 2: Crystal Souls?

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/exile2/winexile2.html
>>
>>3570779
Yep, Thanks friend. I was a little kid, but it all came back.
>>
>>3571020
No worries. Kudos for the good description.
>>
File: motherload.png (228KB, 546x321px) Image search: [Google]
motherload.png
228KB, 546x321px
>>3569701

Was it Motherload from XGen Studios?
>>
>>3571253
Sadly, it was not. Although, thank you for reminding me that that game exists. I quite enjoyed it.
>>
File: back.gif (63KB, 575x486px) Image search: [Google]
back.gif
63KB, 575x486px
>>3566662

Gridz
http://gridz.com/
>>
File: 12-0036.png (338KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
12-0036.png
338KB, 640x480px
>>3570612
Septerra Core, perhaps?
>>
90s arcade fighter game with somewhat ugly graphics. You had 5 buttons that were laid out over a body trace. Head, left arm, right arm, left foot, right foot. You could chop of these if you bashed the same button allot, decap was instant win. I remember there was a mantis like character and a viking.
>>
>>3572282
Time Killers
>>
Not sure if it's retro or not, but it was a PC horizontal shoot em' up. You have a spaceship that can take the bosses' ability after defeating them. And I think the last boss was a robot of some sort.
>>
>>3572267
No it wasn't at all anime-styled. Was more grit and gritty.
>>
Don't know how unique this sounds, but I used to play a vertical SHMUP arcade cabinet where you were a disassembled robot. Occasionally your pieces would arrive as packages and you could upgrade your shot by collecting them. Don't remember too much else, but I believe the first stage was set flying over the ocean?
>>
>>3567870
Kingsley?
>>
>>3572289
>Time Killers
Fuck yeah, tnx anon
>>
In the times when Windows 2000/Millenium was something "new" i played an 2D platform game, when we play a dog(?) and we need to rescue animals (collect them) and take them to the end of the level, animals go behind us building something like a snake, we also collect fruits(?) and time and had to watch for traps like spikes(?) etc.
So many years and don't know the name of that game. : (
>>
>>3559646
It was, but it was more of a comedy hentai thing. For the most part. Like little red hood getting her groove on with the big bad wolf and/or seven angry midgets. You could only see tits in closeups, never anything more. It worked on humor for the most part.
>>
>>3566647
That sounds like Shadow Madness to me.
>>
>>3567861
Sliver maybe. If not that, and on the PS2, Legend of Alon D'ar had a blond protagonist and if I remember it had such a camera angle.
>>
>>3570431
Shaolin on the Playstation. I guarantee it. It was a good idea for a flawed, but fun game.
>>
saw this on fb, maybe someone can remember, These would be Dos or Win9x games available in America.

1) Space game with 2 other alien races. Early in the game you are contacted by one set of aliens. You must develop a universal translator before then, or you are unable to help them and lose the game. If you build the translator, you can help the 1st race fight the 2nd race. It is not Ur'quan Masters.

2) Grand-strategy/4x/resource/planet building game like MoO. Building on planets like sim city, with a limited number of buildings. You could buy different advisors for departments in government. Combat may have been automated/watching cutscenes only. Not Ascendency or Pax Imperia/ED.
>>
>>3574130
2) Could be Reunion?
>>
>>3574130
2) Could be Fragile Allegiance
>>
>>3574158
Ah, Reunion! I looked it up, and suspect that might very well be what it was. Will investigate further, but thank you for the possible lead.
>>
>>3560834
>
I remember this as well! cant remember the name and it is bothering the shit outta me. HALP!
>>
>>3549102
A psx game my dad said I played as a kid, you play as a robot and screw things in

Sounds like a puzzle platformer
>>
>>3577542
Not this one?
>>3570625
>>
Hello everyone, I have a game I'm searching, but I remember only a few details:
- Point and click game for Pc, Myst serie's like.
- when you start the game you are in a immense ocean on a little circle platform with a world-map-globe in the middle of it. Linked to te platform there was 6/8 catwalks with arcs at the end of them.

All i remeber is this and sorry for the bad eng.
>>
File: channels4_tv_banner.jpg (531KB, 2120x1192px) Image search: [Google]
channels4_tv_banner.jpg
531KB, 2120x1192px
>>3578773
The closest I know from your description is Riven, but then again you already mentioned Myst so thats probably not it.
>>
I have 2 games that I have vague memories of.

The first one is a monochrome sidescroller for PC. I don't know it the game was meant to be black and white or if it was an error of some sort. It had Atari-esque graphics but it was pretty advanced, so I want to say it's some kind of MS-DOS game. You play as a nameless Joe stick figure that went through platforms inside some sort of castle. It may or may not have been Arabian themed. My memory betrays me, but I recall a jetpack power-up, and maybe a candle power-up as well. There were collectables as well. They looked like thin rectangle pellets.

The second one was definitely for Playstation, starting from 1995 onwards. I remember a setting for a level resembling the outside of a plaza parking lot with stores in the background, but it was circular and very enclosed. There were small red and green objects on the floor, might have been troops/toys(?) you commanded. There may have been a mini-map. What struck me was the discrepancy in size of what you were controlling versus the playing field. There might have been destructible objects and pixelated trees.
>>
>Sidescrolling shooter
>Play a guy with no skin on his head, just a solid red with no eyelids, lips etc
>Was advertised for its gore and EXTREEME ACTION in typical 90's style
>>
>>3579971
I wanna say Splatterhouse, but that's not a shooter. It does include extreme violence and a protag with indistinct facial features.
>>
>>3579976
I recall that enemies would just.. Pop when killed, like in BioMenace, but it definitely wasn't BioMenace.

I remember seeing in on the back of an old magazine ad and my drunk brain wants to indulge in nostalgia, because my family never let me play 'gun games' as a kid.
>>
>>3579976
Also there was a comic-book explanation for why you have no skin on your head.
>>
>>3579971

Zombie Nation?
>>
PC game, 97-98ish. Platformer kinda, you were a diver and you went though underwater levels, I think you were armed with an ink gun or something? I'm pretty sure the final boss was an Octopus (could be wrong on that part). I played it in school.
>>
>>3579501
Yeah it wasn't riven, but thx anyway. I think it was such a undreground game maybe, or I'm just bad to explain it...
Btw another detail I remeber is that there was the sunset.
>>
>Sega Master System
>Light Gun game
>Looks like Hogan's Alley for NES
>Sci-fi theme
>>
>>3549249
I PLAYED THE SHIT OUT OF THIS
>>
Game similar to Arx Fatalis and Enclave. But third person and play as a woman. Might be Nordic or set during the crusades? Remembered a quite large castle or some shit.
>>
File: Lumo15.jpg (270KB, 740x417px) Image search: [Google]
Lumo15.jpg
270KB, 740x417px
Hey I'm trying to find this game, it was on a computer of sorts, that ran its programs off of cassette tapes. It looked sort of like the pic, you climbed a column that was rotating.
>>
>>3581118
Severance: Blade of Darkness?

Rune Halls of Valhalla multiplayer also lets you play as a Valkyrie and has castles
>>
>>3581559
Nebulus / Tower Toppler?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkt-p1-pENA&t=1m52s
>>
>>3581559
Sounds like Nebulus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acp9ixaKFZk
>>
File: bMi0S.jpg (75KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
bMi0S.jpg
75KB, 1280x960px
Trying to remember an old pc game but I can't remember very much about it

>pc game
>90's
The only part I can remember involved planning or setting up for a party. I remember a cave type environment in the woods or something and setting up colored party streamers

For some reason I vaguely remember bears involved, probably that's what lived in said cave. Pic related reminds me of it.

I think it was either an educational game or some sort of story game (like putt putt, but I don't think that's it). It's not a jumpstart game either, as far as I can tell, but had a similar style I think.

I almost feel like this was just something from a dream I had, except I definitely recall party streamers being set up in a game like this.
>>
>>3567832
I have a feeling I'm getting very close...but this was not it. Only hazy memory I have is that one boss was a white creature/owl shooting its feathers at you. It's been hunting me for years now...
>>
>>3581682
I don't know about the cave but other than that it sure sounds like Fatty Bear
>>
>>3573928
Man that sounds really familiar to me too. Maybe Beethoven's 2nd? https://youtu.be/s8ZtI_VRzdI
It's doesn't look like what I was thinking of, but maybe I was just confabulating images
>>
There was this Nes game I used to play borrowing one of those 64-games in one chinese carts, it was an overview shmup with a fancy music. I don't remember much, but what made ir interesting was that you could pick several modules before starting the stage and my favorites was one that had two giant rubber-like balls that kept moving around the ship. Looked silly but was damn effective.

After reaching a certain score or past a certain point, not sure which, the music would change too, becoming more vibrant.
>>
File: gfs_18675_2_11.jpg (8KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_18675_2_11.jpg
8KB, 256x240px
>>3581716
B Wings?
>>
>>3581726
Yep, nailed it. Thanks!
>>
First: a PC game, which I played the demo off. A platformer. Your character was some guy with long blond hair, you had to fight some kind of orcs but with a rifle. One of the levels in the demo had a remote controlled bomb you could guide. There were also prisoners you could save or kill.
It had an opening scene in which a princes was taken by those orcs from a king or something.

Second: another PC game, but a real time strategy. A friend gave it to me. There was one lizard like faction that you could play. The icon of the game had this lizard. It was a futuristic game. All I remember is that I builded some sentry tower and that you teleported to the next level. Not even sure if that last thing happened or that it was a just a dream, kek.
I thought this strategy game was Starcraft, since the lizard looked like it could be zerg, but it is not. The graphics were really nice for its time and realistic looking, not cartoony.

>>3549984
I wish I could help, I always played strategy games in my youth, but no clue.
>>
>>3581739
First is >>3554461
>>
>>3581752
Yep, funny how my memories got a lot wrong. But that was expected.
Thanks my man.
>>
>>3581632
>>3581634
Thanks guys!
I had some sort of PC back in the day, that's the only thing I remember from it really...
Wanted to figure out what exactly kind of machine it was.
>>
>>3581628
I think this was it. It also had some outdoor areas too. Only played the demo of it. For RUNE, played the single player.
>>
>>3582147
Forgot to add
http://www.myabandonware.com/game/blade-of-darkness-455

Looking for more games similar to Morrowind, Arx Fatalis, Enclave, Severance, RUNE, etc. There was a recommended image but I lost it.
>>
>>3582152
Ultima IX
>>
>>3566831
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dhAoN69tZs
>>
>>3582153
Worth grabbing all the GOG versions, if possible, of the Ultima games? Hint, Hint. I mean TORRENTING. Or just Emulating it.
>>
Old PC game, possibly C64, where you ran along these 3 levels of platforms dodging what looked to be glimmering silverware they moved fairly slowly.
>>
If anyone fucking gets this I'll be amazed.

Old pc game Adventer first person where you walk around clicking on things to interact with them, graphics are real pictures of things or people, future setting where you have to time travel

I don't really remmeber much but I remember it had some real videos of theist or stomach suregerys or something and fighting an alien on a balcony lol, shit creeped me out
>>
>>3582457
The Journeyman Project is of that ilk.
>>
>>3582179
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
ONE BILLION TIMES THANK YOU
>>
Gameboy game where you push blocks and solve puzzles, the character(s) were cat-people?
>>
>>3560753
Good rule, can you recommend some good channels?
>>
>>3582383
I'd say it's worth it, even if only for 7.
>>
>>3582584

Catrap
>>
>>3581709
Not it, but I'll be damned of it doesn't fit my description pretty well.
>>
I want to say it was a genesis game, you play as some kid who gets a magic dagger with the power to use elemental shit. I think you get water first, but the shadow one you use like a grappling hook to move across gaps.
>>
PC game, I think it was a bit after the DOS era though. It is some sort of educational game I think, or at least aimed at primarily school kiddies. There was a minigame that involved playing some marbles game, and like the big overarching goal was to collect bottlecaps. Or at least it was for me.
>>
>>3583214
Beyond Oasis
>>
Weird fighting game. Fighters included a bipedal rabbit, a velociraptor and some other shit. Color palette was mostly dark tones.
>>
>>3583354
I think you're mixing up Brutal: Paws of Fury and Primal Rage
>>
>>3583341
Thats the one. Sweet, thanks.

>>3583354
Killer Instinct.
>>
>>3583056
Surely you can remember more details
>>
>>3583359
>Brutal: Paws of Fury
THATS IT
also, its nowhere as cool as I remember
>>
Gonna be vague. Probably a pizza but demo for ps1. One game was a racing game where you drove on the ceiling and stuff? Don't really remember. Another was a rat centered game I think, the opening cut scene had rats in barrells and crates in a ship. Not sure what type of game it was.
>>
>>3583370
I seriously wish I did. Game could've been set at some sort of summer camp, not too confident on that but it would somewhat fit. The only other thing I'm even remotely confident on is the one helping you set up and/or lived there was some young girl. Since I'm rolling with the bear idea, probably she and her family lived in said cave.

I know this is all pretty garbage for details so I'm not expecting much, thanks for trying though anon.
>>
Okay, I played this one in the year 2000 on a school computer. It was most likely a Macintosh, but that's not 100%. Most likely for children. From what I remember, it was an adventure game where you walked in 2D from screen to screen. I think it was winter and there were mountains in the background. That's all I remember.
>>
>>3583523
Treasure mathstorm?
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.