[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of Pole Position?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Pole0000.png (2KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Pole0000.png
2KB, 256x224px
What does /vr/ think of Pole Position?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywqu_8RIDvU

I always laughed at how hitting anything makes your car massively explode. Those cars must have bombs strapped to the back of them.
>>
One of my favorite racing games
>>
I kind of liked it as a kid but didn't understand why I couldn't make every turn at full speed. Now that I'm older I like it much more. But I will say that I think OutRun is better.

If you haven't seen it, check out the plug'n'play namco museum with the twisty stick. Probably the best control of any official home version of pole position, barring some version out there supporting a good wheel.
>>
File: mess-vectrex-poleposition[1].png (6KB, 380x480px) Image search: [Google]
mess-vectrex-poleposition[1].png
6KB, 380x480px
Really set a standard for racing games that hung around for fucking ever. Might have stifled innovation in a way similar to Gran Turismo.
>>
60 frames per second back in 1982. Fucking magic.

>>3550131
Outrun was literally years and years afterwards.

The shrieking of the tires still gets to me.

And it's given me a fondness for Fuji Speedway that's gone to this very day.
>>
probably the first racing game to be any good
>>
>>3550176
I dunno, Night Driver is pretty great
>>
>>3548558
>PREPARE TO QUALIFY
>>
>>3548558
>What does /vr/ think of Pole Position?
I think it looks like a real jerk.
>>
It was a neat flashy arcade game i saw growing up
>>
I remember having a tape of Pole Position, and playing the shit out of that game with my Atari XE.
>>
File: poleposition_ParaJVE.png (197KB, 767x959px) Image search: [Google]
poleposition_ParaJVE.png
197KB, 767x959px
>>3550138
I wish I knew which emulator was closer to the real thing.
>>
>>3550624
The first one is closer. The second image tries to emulate the phosphor glow, but it just makes the lines blurry and soft. The real deal has very sharp lines and high contrast. It's not perfect, but it looks about as close as you can get.
>>
Oh no you ain't. You're gonna play

POLE POSITIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
I favor Pit Stop 2, as it had a split-screen multiplay for some rare cousin vs me moments.
>>
Atari 2600 version is suprisingly not that bad
>>
>>3550853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL5P1CSJSOo
>>
>>3550853
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_xGfrdbhY

Anyone ever play the sequel, with 3 montitors? tX1?
>>
>>3550907

80"s cartoons am best cartoons.
>>
File: bboyflyer.jpg (221KB, 850x1204px) Image search: [Google]
bboyflyer.jpg
221KB, 850x1204px
>>3550907
>TX1
Only through emulation. I have played this game, from TX1's creator Tatsumi, on the three- monitor cabinet. Buggy Boy, an off-road racing game.
>>
>>3550875
Seconding this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.