[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jetpack (1993) (DOS)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: jetpack1.gif (44KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
jetpack1.gif
44KB, 640x400px
Does anyone here play Jetpack? It's one of the classics I keep coming back to. It's a platformer with puzzle and labyrinth elements that takes inspiration from games like Loderunner, Jumpman, and Montezuma's Revenge.

The game is enjoyable unto itself, but what makes it really stand out is the powerful, built-in level editor. There are literally over 1000 levels available for this game.

If anyone is up for it, we could create levels and share them here. I've made a level pack of my own.

Download the game at the official website: www.adeptsoftware.com/jetpack/
A quick video that demonstrates the gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Honzfhe4EQ
Download my level pack: https://u.teknik.io/rryCp2.zip
>>
File: Walking nito.gif (207KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Walking nito.gif
207KB, 500x500px
I played through all 100 levels when I downloaded it a couple years ago.

In my childhood it was the game that introduced me to level creation.
>>
One of my favorite games as a kid, I only had the shareware though; we should have some sort of general /vr/ archive of levels for games that have level editors

Also did anyone ever try Squarez 2-player? Seems like a game that would be ripe for a remake with online play
>>
>>3548776
>we should have some sort of general /vr/ archive of levels for games that have level editors
What other games do people here create levels for?
>>
>>3548862
You can probably get people with their own levels for nearly any game here just by throwing the suggestion out there and waiting

Doom, RCT and ROM hacks are all well-represented on /vr/ already, but many other games like the PC port of Rayman have little-known but fairly capable level editors
>>
Rebump.
>>
Another.
>>
this game is pretty spooky at times
>that death-shriek
>the ominous beeps and boops
>spooky lookin orb monster can suddenly appear and wreck your shit anytime
>>
>>3551551
>not creating pits for the enemies to fall in and get trapped when the pit closes in again
>>
>>3552854
that's actually pretty clever
>>
>>3552894
It's a major mechanic in Lode Runner
>>
>>3548862
true dat...

i mean, Like >>3548921 said, the doom general is basically that, talking about doom stuff and creations with the ocassional other retro FPS here and there,

on the top of my head these are other Level edit/custom content-capable games:

>jazz jackrabbit 1 & 2 (the jj1 editor is unofficial)
>stunts/4d driving
>MUGEN(seriously, this one can even have a general on its own, specially with the advent of IKEMEN)
>the DROD series
>zelda classic
>>
>>3548537
Looks like teknik.io is down, could you reupload somewhere?
I have many font memories of this game - mostly played it on my grandfather's toshiba laptop. Never really created levels myself, but even then I found this to be an exceptional game.
>>
>>3552927
There's also countless level editors for Commander Keen, and recently there has been released one for Hocus Pocus[1].

But what I meant was: which other games have active creative communities behind them over here?

1. http://www.pckf.com/viewtopic.php?t=3610
>>
>>3553398
It should be back up now.
>>
>>3548537
I remembered this game just a few days ago but didn't find it. I remembered a christmas theme in it
>>
Wow- almost forgot about this one. I remember I played the hell out of it on one of my first PCs ever.
>>
>>3555628
There was apparently a free Christmas version.

https://archive.org/details/JetpackChristmasSpecial1993SoftwareCreationsAction
>>
pls post more ITT it is a very good thread in fact the bestest imho
>>
>>3548862
there is an existing yahoo group that trades levels for Chip's Challenge, though I only last cared about said group in 2004. Don't know if it's still around.

Also I'd love to recover my old IDE drive and share Üz 3.0 levels. It's a game on this CD https://archive.org/details/cdrom-bearwarecd . Would need a way to artificially slow down the CPU to play it properly
>>
File: why.jpg (16KB, 170x296px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
16KB, 170x296px
>tfw Jetpak shareware only had one save file for custom levels
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.