[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any mods of FFT that are actually any good? So far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1473446854984[1].png (697KB, 1056x884px) Image search: [Google]
1473446854984[1].png
697KB, 1056x884px
Are there any mods of FFT that are actually any good?

So far we have:

>hard for the sake of hard adn turns every battle into 60 minute slug fests to show how hardcore the makers are
>shitty fan fiction
>>
I liked LFT as it was (mostly) just enhanced vanilla. A little harder, but not stupid hard.
>>
>>3546659
Later versions of 1.13 actually tone the difficulty of the earlier versions way down and focus on content. If you played it a good while ago, give it another try.
>>
>>3546659
1.3. Content patch is actually fair and decent
LFT is also good
>>
>>3546697
>>3546673

Doesn't 1.3 add shit like Marche?
>>
Would it be possible to put FFTA jobs in there?
>>
don't forget the "lol so randumb"-izer
>>
>>3547705

what did you mean by this?
>>
>>3546659
1.3 is really only great from chapter 2 up to Riovanes Gates.
>>
I like 1.3 a lot honestly.

However I would enjoy someone to make a mod with actual new sprites and job classes, while maintaining some balance. They usually end in the same old rofl stomp mod. Which is why I like 1.3, since I actually have to use my brain some. Just wish there was an ass ton more classes.
>>
>>3547787
The same classes just re-imagined mechanically might be better honestly
>>
>>3547790
I think FFT Arena does this pretty decently (though it does replace some of the classes)

It's built for AI tournaments and not normal play though.
>>
>>3546659
Laggy Fantasy Tactics is probably the best mod out there till The Lion War comes out.

CCP is an okay mod, but, it's just whacky nonsense put together for the sake of being whacky. Focused entirely on whatever the creator though was fun.

Aside from that there really isn't a lot of good hacks. A lot of them don't really add onto vanilla all that well. The only that arguably surpasses the original game is LFT, but, even then it's up to debate.

>>3546704
Yeah and the guy who made the hack even commissioned his shitty sprite. Go look it up, holy shit it's awful.

>>3547128
Yeah, but, you can't really add races or anything like that. There isn't a good way to do so at the moment and since there's really no motivation to find a way to do so most likely never will be. You could add individual jobs though.

>>3547787
CCP is probably the best one for this, but, even then its balance is pretty fucking awful. It's not really rolfstomp as much as it is just under tested and meshes weirdly.
>>
How come there has never been a mod where random battles don't game-over you unless Ramza was in the party? That never made sense to me.
>>
>>3550327
On that note, is special classes having the Squire abilities an engine limitation?
>>
>>3546659
Name Fix Patch if you hate how the thing translated battle terms. Doesn't bother the dialog though.
>>
>>3550452
I like that it comes with the proper text files for the latest tacttext. That way I can just throw it on top of anything that doesn't alter those names.

It's nice to see someone not adhere to the shitty Lion War translation completely when fixing stuff like that.
>>
>>3550452
You know, I'm glad you told me about this cause this is my shit. I love it.
>>
>>3550328
it's programmed such that their special job overwrites the squire job

you could give them other abilities but then they'd have no way to get the squire abilities
>>
>>3550328
>is special classes having the Squire abilities an engine limitation?
It isn't. You could give Mustadio the ability to learn Two Swords or something and erase stuff like Gained JP-Up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0pmZHdG4uk
>>
>>3546659
What about the original game do you want changed?
>>
Probs easier to learn game maker then hack that game desu, most the tools i downloaded would crash pretty often. Maybe they where for winxp.
>>
>>3550328
As programmed, special characters overwrite the squire class, so that's why they're missing. I don't know if there's room for modification, but one way around that would be to modify squire into a base class that unlocks the real squire and chemist and proceeds as normal.
>>
>>3553556
Every class being used by the enemies. Even Mime.
>>
>>3553968
They already use pretty much everything but mime, calculator, and bard. I don't think the AI can make a good enough decision on how to use Mime and Calculator though.
>>
this game could use a proper port/remake.

like the maps are so tiny. due to ps1's limitations.
>>
>>3553971
>I don't think the AI can make a good enough decision on how to use Mime and Calculator though.
Oh yes it certainly does.

You can even program the enemy only abilities to be mimic-able, give Velius ghostly shadow Mimes instead of Demons, and watch him totally kite and sandbag you the entire fight using mimes to extend the range of his summons and layer up his spells or fuck you with the turn order using time magic.
>>
>>3555242
Which mod does this, because that's too creative for 1.3
>>
>>3555539
My unreleased, unfinished mod.

Maybe I'll devote november or december to finishing it. I won't be able to get any graphical changes in but I'll finish the rebalance and update the script.
>>
>>3555242
>>3555554
Does it really work?
>>
>>3546659
Rumble Chaos Crashdown just randomizes the game, which is pretty fucking awesome
>>
>>3557340
FFT's AI is actually really comprehensive. Keep in mind that it's also designed for the player's autobattle command.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.