[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Arcade / MAME games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20160909_190623.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160909_190623.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Just got a MAME setup with a complete romset. I've played all the obvious ones and I wanna check out some new ones, name your favorites.
>>
puzzle bobble, gradius 3, every capcom fighter, ghouls and ghosts to name a few
>>
>>3543989
>puzzle bobble
FUCKING
THIS
>>
>>3543989
Gun Frontier is a new favorite of mine
>>
Phozon is fun. Just use dip switches to give yourself more lives.
>>
Tapper
Jurassic Park
STUN Runner
>>
>>3543989
I like a lot of those old vector Atari arcades like Red Baron, Battle zone, Black Widow, etc.
Other arcades I enjoy are classic light gun games, just put all of them together they're all cheap unfair fun fests, X-Men Arcade, Galaga, and pretty much everything in this post >>3544001
>>
File: tumblr_mnbe320Ysn1sos2rxo1_1280.jpg (253KB, 833x1187px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnbe320Ysn1sos2rxo1_1280.jpg
253KB, 833x1187px
Black Tiger bro.
>>
>>3543989
>complete romset.
>have 30-50GBs worth of games
>only 10GBs worth(not including CHD's) are actual real playable games
Why do people do this to themselves? You really like poker?
>>
I tried setting up MAME 0.178 the other day but for some reason the games I downloaded won't be highlighted as "available", even some that do work when trying.

What's the easiest way to set this up without any trouble? I just want to try out tons of games from the library.
>>
Gunforce 2 aka GeoStorm

Any Metal Slug games

Magical Drop 3
>>
>>3547876
Just remembered Magic Sword.

And everyone should play The Outfoxies at some point.
>>
>>3543989
DoDonPachi
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Fight for the Future

>>3547761
the newest complete romset on archive dot org is guaranteed to have everything playable. if you want to be sure, just get the romset version that has it's CHD's up like 0.149. Pretty sure Tekken 5 is in the newest romset so keep an eye out for that.
>>
>>3547921
Just to make sure, is it this one?
https://archive.org/details/MAME_0_161_ROMs

I wanna check before I make room for 50GB haha
>>
>>3547972
Is there a way to download single files from this archive instead of everything?
>>
>>3547972
you don't have to download the CHD's if you don't need to but that pretty much serves as an indicator that it's the most complete one.
>>3548010
yeah there is a button that let's you see all of the files.
>>
>>3548929
I found a way to let it show all the files, but it loads slowly and most of the time I don't see the page at all when trying to refresh
>>
>>3543989
Is there any "uncomplete but worth" romset compatible with Retropie? I don't really have the time to research which versions of the game are the best or which games are worth the time.
>>
File: outfooo.jpg (332KB, 850x1213px) Image search: [Google]
outfooo.jpg
332KB, 850x1213px
please namco put outfoxies on steam with netplay

PLEASE
L
E
A
S
E
>>
File: tumblr_mvw8c3AwAz1r2v2xso1_1280.jpg (173KB, 640x419px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvw8c3AwAz1r2v2xso1_1280.jpg
173KB, 640x419px
>>3549756
if you are interested...

Nintendo - 791 roms
Super Nintendo - 794 roms
Nintendo 64 - 364 roms
Game Boy - 504 roms
Game Boy Color - 535 roms
Game Boy Advance - 1129 roms
Master System - 418 roms
Megadrive - 835 roms
Game Gear - 250 roms
Sega 32X - 34 roms
Sega SG-1000 - 68 roms
NeoGeo Pocket - 9 roms
NeoGeo Pocket Color - 40 roms
WonderSawn - 112 roms
WonderSawn Color - 95 roms
Infocom - 79 roms
PC Engine - 374 roms
Atari 2600 - 648 roms
Atari 5200 – 71 roms
Atari 7800 - 64 roms
Atari Lynx - 77 roms
ScummVM – 82 games in spanish
Commodore 64 – 2231 disks
Amiga - full romset 21000 disks
Arcade – Romset FBANEXT 0.2.97.3, 1451 roms

https: // mega. nz/#F!KwYAmZpD!9v8qbjdix9aJUg04F8YXLg
>>
Robotron
Star Wars (vector)
Heavy Barrel
Black Tiger
Yankee Do!
>>
>>3549741
yeah that happens to me too. it loads everything at the same time
>>
>>3550427
I see, so it takes patience, then. Thanks!
>>
Puzzle Bobble 2 and Metal Slug X. I used to go on holiday to Albufeira in Portgual when I was just a young lad back in the late 90s and early 00s, and almost every single pub had a NeoGeo machine that would normally have like 30 different games on it. I must've pumped countless coins into those machines playing MSX in particular.

Getting to play MS2 on a machine again this year in Super Potato was a great feeling after all that time.
>>
>>3543989
Awright lesser known arcade games that actually rock, legionaire, night slashers, battle circuit, daraku tenshi, demon front, gladiator - road of the sword, pnickies, mad shark, asura blade, asura buster, rabbit, vasara 2, guwange, warzard, etc etc
>>
i never knew something like this exist so thank you all for this thread
so i played today revolution x, ridge racer, afterburner, punisher and outrun
wanted to finish terminator 2 but its impossible so get though the heli chase as a one player only
>>
Dark Adventure/Devil World, not surprised no one mentioned it since most people here don't remember arcades before 1990.

It's like a massively upgraded Gauntlet clone with all kinds of crazy shit going on. Weapon upgrades, power-ups, it's good times.

Athena is a platformer for OCD people. Break shit, collect upgrades all over the fucking place, spend more time hunting for even more powerful equipment than dealing with enemies, get killed. Not sure how well the NES port compares, but the arcade version is fun as fuck.

Super Real Darwin is a pretty wild shoot em up that I never hear anyone talk about. It's one of those games where you get a ton of powerups and your bullets turn into crazy shit like birds. I haven't played it that deeply, but I've had fun with it so far.

Prop Cycle is great. Fly around on your flying bicycle and pop balloons in full 3D.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.