[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the SNES version of SimCity the best version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (590KB, 1583x1124px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
590KB, 1583x1124px
is the SNES version of SimCity the best version?
>>
>>3542754
Play the Amiga version or something, Timmy.
>>
>>3542754
There were other versions?
>>
>>3542767
Typical nintenyearold.
>>
>>3542764
I don't have an Amiga.
>>
>>3542770
Nice meme-name. Very creative.
You cuck.
>>
File: howradical.png (36KB, 390x329px) Image search: [Google]
howradical.png
36KB, 390x329px
>>3542784
>>
>>3542754
>W
>PH
What language?
>>
>>3542754
>4chan in flames

Surprisingly accurate.
>>
>>3542772
>I don't have an Amiga.

And I don't have a SNES. Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>3542754
Yes.
We don't talk about the 2013 remake.
What remake?
>>
>>3542796
german
W=Wohngebiete
PH=Polizeihauptquatier
>>
SNES versions is outright comfy, above and beyond what the comfy meme usually implies.

Perfect mix of music, limited resources, and not going 100% city sim. That first 2 hours of gameplay is still the best as your little village becomes established and you meet the key progress points and get the rewards.

I had simcity 2000 back in the day, but I found it cold and clinical compared to the SNES title. It was a better technical city simulator but the cities I built did not feel like they were my cities.
>>
File: 1427482841900.png (5KB, 311x143px) Image search: [Google]
1427482841900.png
5KB, 311x143px
>>3543427
SC2K had it's moments
>>
>>3543427
The music is so good that the SNES version of SimCity is my favorite version.

In fact, every single Nintendo game with Soyo Oka's music takes me back to the early 90s when I played those games for the first time.
>>
>>3542837
Holy shit that was already 3 years ago?
>>
>>3542754
Certainly the comfiest.
>>
>>3542754
Absolutely. After this i would also count the 64DD version. Fun stuff.
>>
One of my favorites, but when you start getting towards megalopolis populations the simulator slows down to a crawl. If I'm trying to make a max pop city I have to play on an emulator so I can frame skip and not be bored to death.
>>
>no SNES Mouse compatibility

Nope
>>
Nope. The Palm OS version is though. I used to play it in a Palm OS simulator back in the day, as I couldn't afford a palmtop.

Maybe I should get a palmtop - they're pretty cheap nowadays...
>>
File: sim4.jpg (141KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
sim4.jpg
141KB, 800x571px
The best is SimCity PhhhhhwwwWWWWOOOOARRR!!!!
>>
>>3547094
When I get to metropolis (on normal difficulty) there's always loads of my zones derelict with all shitty, wrecked shacks and wasteland. Things always start off so well, too. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.
>>
>>3547137
SimCity moves so slowly that you don't need SNES Mouse support anyway.
>>
>>3547407
I don't think the mouse existed then, anyway. It was pretty much a launch title.
>>
>>3542837
It wasn't a remake, it was just sim city 5 without the number in the title. I'd say it is worth a play but it definitely didn't reach its potential. 4 is still my fave. My preferred version of the original is DOS.
>>
Sim city snes is comfy as fuck but i kept having problems with my cities so i googled for some tips on how to make it more efficient and found that the game is pretty much broken and you have to exploit it in various ways to get things running smoothly ,like not using roads,or only having 1 fire station ,not needing schools or hospitals etc
>>
Yes if using SNES Super Advantage and have natural disasters on and let Bowser roam freely
>>
Eh, every time I fire it up these days I've got a 50/50 on the saved game having been erased since the last time I played it.
>>
File: micropolis.png (98KB, 1024x790px) Image search: [Google]
micropolis.png
98KB, 1024x790px
Shame nobody cared enough about Micropolis, would have been nice to be able to choose between the many Sim City graphics. (like the original 16 colors, 256 colors, enhanced, snes, etc)
>>
>>3548110
Shit happened to me too. I spent all summer, like 1997 or so, building up my great city. I got to 480,000 people, so close to getting the Mario statue, and the next night I turn it on and it's gone. Everything's gone. Even the completed scenarios. I haven't played the game since.
>>
File: megalop.jpg (413KB, 1035x903px) Image search: [Google]
megalop.jpg
413KB, 1035x903px
>>3547365
Land value is calculated from the center of your city and becomes less valuable further out (excluding presents, water front property, etc). As you build your city larger the center changes and more of your buildings will lie outside the prime real estate radius. If you look at this fully built map notice the pattern of land value resonating from the city center.
>>
I think the music alone makes this the best version of sim city. There's nothing like playing this at night on the couch with a blanket wrapped around you
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.