[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alltp is better than oot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 7

File: zelda1.jpg (100KB, 684x240px) Image search: [Google]
zelda1.jpg
100KB, 684x240px
What is with the "oot is the best zelda AND game in general of all time" meme? A Link to the Past is better in every way - it is nice and balanced, it doesn't get fucking boring as shit, and it's crisp, 2D graphics will always look better than oot's awkward 3D.

Also, besides having a superior story, alttp has way better music too - oot has such an unbearable shitty-midi tier soundtrack.

Maybe I'm just weird, but why are people so nostalgia blinded by oot?
>>
>>3540503
In my experience almost everyone prefers the Zelda game they played first.
>>
>>3540523
Well, the first Zelda I played was the NES one; at any rate, A Link to the Past is one of my more recent zeldas
>>
>>3540525
Not everyone is exactly the same. I played LA first and like WW the best, but as a rule of thumb it seems to be the case. A shit ton of people had OOT as one of their first great video game experiences so it's going to stand out.
>>
>>3540523
I'll admit that this is true for me, but I thought Majora's came close. And I played that for the first time recently.
>>
>>3540503
All Zeldas are vastly overrated in America, except for 2, which at least had engaging combat and experience gaining to justify it.

LttP is a better game IMO because it doesn't try to be an AAA movie game like OoT and doesn't hold your hand all the time. It also doesn't try to push its garbage story/characters on you, you can skip most retarded dialog for gameplay.

But OoT had vastly improved combat and control, on the other hand. Just kill every single character in it, and it'll be a good game.
>>
>>3540532
Did he just say experience system in Zelda 2 is good??
>>
>>3540543
The presence of experience is good. It gives incentive to play and fight.
>>
Its 3d mane
And back then most people gave away their old consoles when newshit came out
>>
>>3540523
My first was LA. Absolutely love it and it's one of my all time favourite games.

Then I played ALttP. Somehow never cared for it. I've tried playing through it like three or four times but I always give up out of boredom eventually.

I played OoT, too, back in the N64 days. Absolutely loved it.

Played MM, hate it. Like ALttP, I just find it boring as all fuck and can never be bothered play through the whole thing. I see MM as the hipster's Zelda game, too.

Never felt the need to play another Zelda and haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64. 2bh I don't see the point of playing more than four Zeldas at the very most. They're too formulaic; played one you played 'em all.

I replayed OoT within the last five years. It's still a really solid game but it didn't quite have that magic feeling it gave me when I was 12. Meanwhile Link's Awakening always elicits an emotional response out of me. It could well be merely nostalgia but I do fucking absolutely love that game and think of it as an absolute masterpiece. It's just a beautiful game. I especially love its music, the setting, everything about it. I find it amazing that a limited 8 bit colourless Gameboy game can create this much emotion in me. But again I was 7 years old the first time I played it and it really drew me in, so a big part could well be nostalgia.
>>
>>3540554
I'm pretty sure that was just young kids who's parents talked them into it or made a deal. Personally I didn't know anyone who sold their NES/SNES/Genesis etc when PS and N64 came out.
>>
>>3540503

>it is nice

That's a kinda broad term.

>balanced

What about OOT isn't balanced? What does "balanced" mean to you?

>boring as shit

Your own opinion

>crisp

What is it, a breakfast cereal?

>2D graphics

I'll give you that, but OOT's art direction is still good. Just use a CRT instead of a modern screen.
>>
File: 019[1].png (4KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
019[1].png
4KB, 480x432px
>>3540559
What does LA have that ALttP lacks for you?
>>
>>3540559
Interesting, my experience was kind of similar. I played LA and liked it, but didn't love it. A couple of my friends had LTTP but I never really got into it when I borrowed it from them.

Both the N64 games looked really ugly to me and I never got that system so I never touched them. Wind Waker came along and after seeing it in motion really liked the aesthetic. So I played that one and liked it a lot.

Since then I've taken stabs at some of the other ones but none ever grabbed my attention enough that I stuck with it.
>>
>>3540568
I can't really put my finger on it. I find its world really boring and uninteresting in comparison, even despite being in colour (I played the original LA, not GBC version). I never found its world interesting to explore whereas I couldn't wait to find out what waited next in LA. Also Link's Awakening seemed to have far superior and more intricately designed dungeons. LA's combat even felt more satisfying than LttP. LA's music was also fucking beautiful and more varied than LttP. All these factors even despite being an 8Bit GB game. I also loved the story going on in LA. The characters, the dream world, everything about it - and I'm someone that usually never cares about video game story, let alone get emotional about it.

I just loved the overall feel of LA, something I never got out of LttP despite trying many times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z483RyU2neg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLXOQA6fJC8
>>
>>3540568
Roc's Feather? Pegasus Boots?

Link's Awakening was literally the sequel. I find it to be objectively superior, despite the inferior hardware.
>>
>>3540636
>Pegasus Boots

It's like you never played LttP
>>
>>3540661
Or you have never played LA. The idea is you can use the items I listed together to leap incredible distances.
>>
>>3540668
The question was "What does LA have that LttP lacks for you", the given answer was "Roc's Feather?" which you are right, LttP doesn't have, and "Pegasus Boots", which LttP DOES ahve
>>
>>3540681
And because of the inclusion of the Roc's Feather, the Pegasus Boots have expanded function, leading to an expanded world, with more complex puzzles.

Seriously, you haven't played Link's Awakening if you don't understand how the landscape is changed by this. Stop trying to argue semantics like a little bitch. You sound retarded.
>>
>>3540689
The question was "What does LA have that LttP lacks for you", the given answer was "Roc's Feather?" which you are right, LttP doesn't have, and "Pegasus Boots", which LttP DOES have
>>
>>3540692
I bet your father is proud of what you've become.
>>
>>3540689
>little bitch. You sound retarded.
You were making such good points too.
>>
>>3540694
>simple sentence, repeated several times
>still fails to understand it
>"I bet your father is proud of what YOU've become."

Psychological projection is scary
>>
>>3540503

I don't know, my first was A Link to the past, and I like it alot, but Link's awakening (original black and white) is pretty neat. It somehow maintains the graphical feel of ALTTP while the gameplay is a lot more free and creative.

But maybe I wouldn't have appreciated LA if I hadn't played ALTTP first, so I could be biased.

Ocarina of time was a disappointment. Low resolution and way too easy. Beat it without dying first time I played it. I don't know why some think the fights were so hard, just hold the shield up and attack when the enemy moves forward, it's a walk in the park
>>
>>3540568
Not the same person, but for some reason, LA is able to make an emotional connection on a much deeper level that ALttP can't.
>>
>>3540748
The sad thing is I have such fond memories of play the game with him... too bad he died in 09, I miss him.
>>
>>3540503
That's a subjective opinion and people have different opinions.
I thought /vr/ would be old enough to realize something so infantile.
>>
>>3540503

3d is just a lot more fun because it's like moving about in real space maybe???? Granted this means that 3d games have more potential to suck, but I think most of OoT's environments are quite lovely and engaging, especially the dungeons.
>>
Love the first two thirds of A Link To The Past. But the last few dungeons are pretty awful. The game devolves to just crap flying at your from every direction. I think this is the reason why the mirror sheild, and both armor upgrades are given to you almost one after the other in the last third of the game. Everything after the ice palace is just a gauntlet of projectiles. And as much as I love the game something about it just feels like I'm never really in control. I think it's because almost everything in the game moves faster than Link.
>>
>>3540826
Hold up u can dash tho
>>
OoT was very disjointed.
>>
>>3540850
It's got that 1 second wind up, and it's so fast it's not really useful for maneuvering in dungeons. Great for speeding around the over world though.
>>
>>3540503
OOT is just extremely dull and bland.
>>
>>3540860
What do you mean by disjointed?
>>
I think that your reaction to both games relies pretty heavily on what kind of experience you're looking for in Zelda. A Link to the Past is pretty straightforward, progression-wise, although players are given the freedom to wander when they want. It's also a purely "traversal" based game, where upgrades are more likely to enhance methods of travel and discovery both within and beyond dungeons.

Ocarina is more narrative-structured, and its progression, while more linear, is not as straightforward. Combat has been "enhanced" so to speak, but it's focused more on individual enemy encounters. Dungeon items exist to prolong the dungeon, and their use is a bit more rigid.

While both games are tiered, ALttP gives you more freedom after relinquishing its control, and Ocarina requires you to have met several checkpoints before progressing.

Both are extremely successful in what they seek to accomplish, but in my opinion, Ocarina is a experimental title that is heavily polished, while A Link to the Past is a very polished realization of what 2D Zelda could be.

In regards to Link's Awakening, it takes the dungeon design, mechanics, and progression of Ocarina and applies it to 2D Zelda.
>>
>>3540937
I feel Link to the Past got more interesting and exiting as it went on. Ocarina, with the exception of the first Ganon's first form to the ending, was paced like a ski lift. I feel like the game just kind of coasts along, never really getting exiting. Not to say adventure games have to be exiting, a lot of them thrive on the intrigue of exploration alone, but I don't feel like Ocarina or LttP really have a very interesting world. Still love'em though.
>>
>>3540924
Lttp had a more intricate world.
Prime example would be secret caves.
You fall down a hole in lttp, wander through some cave and exit at a previously unreachable part of a mountain that you've seen before and wondered about how to get up there.
In OoT you fall down a hole, find a room that is almost always identical in layout to the other "secret" caves and then emerge through a tractor beam at the same hole in the ground you fell in .
It just felt cheap and tacked on.
OoT has tons of those issues, where things are not really interconnected and everything is gated away.
>>
>>3540976
Yeah and this.
I think OoT has a really slow start.
Lttp kind of fires you up with a mood and a reason to get out of your house.
Thunderstorm, princess calling for help, invaded castle. Really great way to start a game with enough push to get things rolling.

When I tried to replay OoT I always stop before going into the deku tree. It's just so slow and plain, no motivation to venture out and the start of the game is more of a chore than an adventure.
>>
>>3540568

At least these:
>Side-scrolling areas
>Jumping
>Equipment combos
>Divergence from "Save the princess/triforce/hirule" story
>Controllable shield/active blocking
>>
>>3540503
I actually think both of them are pretty mediocre and Link's Awakening/Majora's Mask would be better contenders for actually being the best.
>>
>>3541035
Can't really argue with that. Link's awakening is a better 2D Zelda, and Majora is (in my opinion) the best 3D Zelda. There's nothing wrong with enjoying the older games, I enjoy them a lot. But when you step back and look at them with a critical eye there are flaws. And of course, Ocarina of Time has it's historical significance which can't be ignored. I'd say it's essential playing for anyone interested in the History of video games. Considering video games as we know them have barely been around for more than 30 years, sometimes I think about how so many games are as good as they are considering that up until very recently there has been very little academia and wrote info about game creation.
>>
>>3540523
I played Link's Awakening last. Like, I just played it last year, and it's my favorite. My first was NES Zelda and I played all the others in order (except for handheld ones).
>>
>>3540503
Only on /vr/ would LttP > OoT be considered anything but a platitude.

Bravo!
>>
>>3540503
>And it's crisp, 2D graphics will always look better than oot's awkward 3D
>it's
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3540532
>Just kill every single character in it
This. Why can't I play a 3D Zelda game without some dumbass with a faggy haircut stopping me every few minutes to tell me about his garden or some shit? All of the NPC interaction and character design in Zelda is pretty bad and it's been getting worse and worse in every game especially since the 3D era started.
>>
>>3541105
The dungeons are the best, and in my opinion, only worthwhile part of most Zelda games. The time consuming faffing about between dungeons is the worst. Not looking forward to Breath of the Wild because it looks like they've doubled down on the endless faffing about, but now with physics puzzles and fucking crafting. I hate crafting.
>>
>>3540503
Apples and Oranges.
I like both.
>>
>>3540503
Both are amazing games and very similar in how they are structured.

But OoT gets more plaudits because gaming in 3D was relatively new at the time. OoT's 'living, breathing world', vastness, cinematic scope and control scheme helped to create a level of immersion few software devs had managed at that point.

On a technical and influential level, OoT is supreme.
>>
>>3541065
lol I wonder if that pretentious retard from the deleted "Was OoT antisemitic?" thread earlier today is reading this.

You know who you are, and you're still retarded :^)
>>
> Not rating OOT

It's pretty well documented at this stage why people consider it (nostalgia aside) one of the best crafted and structured games ever made, to ignore all that is find but then it's just preference not valid criticism.

To say it has nothing of merit over ALTTP or in general is pretty naive.
>>
>>3540503
But OP, Link's Awakening is far better than LttP. And even LoZ is better than LttP. I think you are the one blinded by an inaccurate view of the past.

But you were clearly trolling. Complaining about the music in OoT was a clear give away.
>>
>>3541105
>>3541109
Yes, exactly what I meant. Metroid has always been a little similar to Zelda, except in a platformer form. And thank god you were the only character in Super Metroid. Best parts of both games were dungeons, and Super Metroid was one big dungeon, so to say.

In the following years, Metroid will probably go full AAA and force you to talk with a whole space station of characters for hours, getting stuffed with lines of dialogue about a fate of a generic solar system #452B, before you get to shoot one space pirate with QTE and watch another hour of tragedy unfolding because of it. Because hey—it's current year, right? Games had always strived to be movies, right? The future is finally here, the level of immersion is at all time high: you can even press F to pay respect now.

And Zelda has been slowly drifting towards the category of discount bin PC quests for children, the like where you perform simplistic activities and interact with bright silly characters. The difference is graphics, marketing budgets, and Nintendo logo slapped on it.
>>
>>3541494
Sorry, my friend. I hate to have to tell you this but, Metroid already did that. It was called Metroid: Other M.
>>
>>3541514
Oh well, see? Good thing I didn't pay attention to that game. In any case, that's to be expected… The market has voted with its cash for more movie-like games, and more movie-like games it got. The only choice we have now is to play or not to play them.

Funny thing: both Metroid and Zelda series have had some of the best installments on GB and GBA, respectively. Portable consoles had lower game budgets, so for some time they managed to deliver some really good games. But the smartphone boom put a cross even on this last source of decent titles: the market has voted for more cookie clickers.
>>
>>3541008

Come to think of it, that's been the case for just about every Zelda besides ALTTP and ALBW.

Every secret cave has been a mini dungeon or a single room full of pots and a tractor beam exit.

I guess it's probably too much to hope and certainly too much to expect, considering the scope of the next game, but it'd sure be nice to have secret tunnels that can lead you to other parts of the world in the next Zelda game.
>>
>>3541554
> but it'd sure be nice to have secret tunnels that can lead you to other parts of the world in the next Zelda game.

There will be tunnels to areas but the amount of ways to get to those areas might be varied since there is rock climbing, hang gliding & snow boarding. I still see them adding some hidden tunnels since it is open world and they're trying to go back to their roots in many ways.
>>
>>3541564
speaking of which, is it just me, or did TP feel "older" than OoT?
>>
>>3541581
Do you mean it's aged worse or something? I can kind of see that with all the boring padding.

Or do you mean everything looked more ancient? Which would make sense considering it's 100 years after OOT and there were ruins all over the place.
>>
>>3541609
no, I mean it feels more like the older Zelda games
>>
>>3541615

I don't see it.
Way too much pointless shit to collect, and even if Midna is a good character, she was the first really bad offender of the "hand holding guide that brings gameplay to a screeching halt" trope.

The only comparison I'd make to older Zelda is that the overworld is large, and it was actually pretty well populated with enemies, and even that didn't happen until the latter half of the game.
>>
File: d2d.png (210KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
d2d.png
210KB, 600x390px
>>3540689
>jumping over a hole is a puzzle now

Aonuma please
>>
>>3541630
Some of those hole jumps are actually skill based when they require you to combine rocs feather and Pegasus boots though.
>>
>>3541626
Twilight's dungeons were awesome. The 1-2 hours of FUCKING NOTHING between dungeons was the worst. It did have the two fire and ice mini dungeons hidden in Hyrule field, and the Cave of Trials but aside from that all of TP is a bore.
>finding poes
>finding bugs
>mini games
I wish the HD version had a Dungeon Rush mode so you don't have to waste your time on all the pointless crap in between.
>>
>>3541640

I don't mind that the game has collectables, I actually prefer it that way, it's just that the collectibles weren't fun to find.

Gold bugs were too hard to see and so randomly placed, Poes weren't as bad, but they could only show up at night, which was the case with Gold Skulltulas in OOT, but at least you had the sun song for that, and the day/night cycle in TP are loooooooong. Also, I hate that you could only dispatch them as the Wolf, especially considering that they existed in OOT and you didn't need to be a wolf to hit or collect them ( not that I'd want to put 60 of those fuckers in bottles mind you )
>>
>>3540605
I'm completely with you on all these points. LA is just an all round better designed game than LttP and I'll go as far as to say LttP is outright the weakest of the first eight or so games in the series actually.
>>
>>3541042
Why is LA a better 2D Zelda? I really don't get this. I love the game, but it's linearity is disappointing to me. It has okay-ish narrative curveballs, but some of its puzzles are pretty bad.

Majora's Mask is the best "twist" on the Zelda formula. It isn't the gold standard of Zelda games, though.
>>
>>3541008
You fly off the face of a cliff in OoT, fall down hundreds of meters in real time instead of going out of bounds, end up carried out via a river running along the bottom of the valley into a huge lake you've never seen before to watch the sun rise as you prepare to find you way around.

LttP offers nothing like that kind of experience in magnitude and OoT has more to actually discover in its world via experimentation.
>>
>>3541109
I think Breath of the Wild looks great, crafting only exists in the food. If you like dungeons there's going to be over 100 mini-dungeons in the game.

>>3541514
Other M may have more cutscenes than other Metroid games, but its core gameplay is still primarily isolationist. QTE's serve as lethal blows, nothing more.

>>3541547
I agree, the best 2D Zelda is Minish Cap
>>
>>3541713
> I love the game, but it's linearity is disappointing to me.

I never really cared because the ways in which you navigate and interact with the overworld are so much more interesting.
>>
ALttP most certainly does get boring as shit.
>>
>>3541728
>crafting only exists in the food

We don't know that for sure yet, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to use some of the scrap metal you get from destroying guardians to craft weapons in a town or something, especially considering all weapons have finite usage in this game.
>>
>>3541750
Do you get scrap metal? I thought it was cogs and such. I dunno. I just don't think the weapon degradation is going to matter all that much, especially with the amount of them you can carry. But I'm optimistic.
>>
File: 1322974365211.png (445KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
1322974365211.png
445KB, 600x410px
>>3541712
>I'm completely with you on all these points
>>
File: zelda_link.gif (1MB, 516x290px) Image search: [Google]
zelda_link.gif
1MB, 516x290px
>>3540503
>A Link to the Past is better in every way - it is nice and balanced
Starts with "Get back to Bed" from dude
there only one bed in house
>>
>>3540503
>alttp has way better music too - oot has such an unbearable shitty-midi tier soundtrack.

????

OoT music is literally LttP music without the fuzzy SNES sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw1O6-LjfeA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4foK5iJ5mcE
>>
>>3541630
Well it's another world obstacle you overcome by gaining the ability to jump three holes. That sounds wrong lmao. But yeah, that's pretty standard zelda progression as you gain more abilities. More mechanics is always a good thing.
>>
>>3543353
>More mechanics is always a good thing.
Not really.
>>
>>3541712
>and I'll go as far as to say LttP is outright the weakest of the first eight or so games in the series actually.
I'd go so far as to say your taste is terrible.
>>
>>3543359
Lol what a pussy.
>>
>>3543363
He's right though. Alttp is p shitty and overrated.
>>
>>3543368
You can't just pile on mechanics and expect a cohesive, interesting game. Sometimes less is more with design. Even if you manage to keep things balanced in terms of how the mechanics interact you risk overloading your player with too much shit or things they find a distraction.

Simply tossing in more mechanics is frequently design suicide.
>>
>>3543375
Well it worked great in this case kiddo.
>>
>>3543382
I didn't say otherwise. I was merely saying that the idea that having more mechanics is always good is overwhelmingly wrong.
>>
>>3540503
>>3540523
Played ALttP first, and still think that OoT is way better (than any other game that exists), even ALBW is better than the former.
>>
Tech question, I'm about 2/3rd through Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past, and I'm a little worried about my save game. I just put Fzero into my SNES and all my records were cleared. Been using it the last few month (not like it was sitting in storage for years). Now I'm afraid to put in Zelda for fear of it being cleared too. Any ideas?
>>
Wow this is a shitpost, why are you all even responding
>>
>>3540523
Zelda II was my first Zelda game. The three GB/GBC Zelda games are tied for my favourite
>>
>>3541581
Tp feels like a trainwreck of an abortion of a game.
The reveal trailer looked so much better than the piece of shit that we ended up getting.
Never finished it, because it blew so hard.
>>
>>3542604
>there only one bed in house
oh shit
>>
>>3540503
don't even try. people are just blind to the truth. its ok. Sonic 2 gets the same treatment as ALTTP. the forgotten, better game.
>>
>>3544758
You missed out on the best dungeons in the franchise then.
>>
>>3544758
Twilight Princess was at one point conceived as a darker version of A Link to the Past. It actually has many similarities to it as well.
>>
>it is nice and balanced
In what ways is it more balanced than OoT?

>it doesn't get fucking boring as shit
Completely subjecitve, but OoT objectively has more variety in its gameplay and a larger amount of things to do.

>2D graphics will always look better than oot's awkward 3D
Again subjective, but it would help if ALttP were actually a good-looking 2D game. ALttP is one of the ugliest looking games Nintendo's ever produced, and easily the ugliest 2D Zelda game. Console limitations are absolutely no excuse when games like Secret of Mana exist on the same system, or Alundra and Crusader of Centy exist on weaker systems. The spritework is wildly inconsistent, especially in what perspective they're drawn in. OoT has a much more consistent aesthetic throughout, and the design of its environments still looks great today, and managed to create actual atmosphere and mood instead of just being a series of loosely themed rooms.

>oot has such an unbearable shitty-midi tier soundtrack
The audio on the N64 is objectively more advanced than the audio on the SNES, and is capable of much more complex compositions and instrumentation. OoT has at least three times the amount of music tracks as ALttP, and each is distinct and memorable, not to mention it brings back songs from ALttP with superior sound quality and instrumentation. Music is mostly a matter of taste, but speaking from my opinion only, the warp songs in OoT are more memorable than ALttP's entire soundtrack.

>why are people so nostalgia blinded by oot?
The real question is why are people so nostalgia blinded by ALttP that they think a game that built upon it in every aspect is lesser? ALttP is one of the worst 2D Zeldas and is a complete mess compared to Link's Awakening, which came out within just a couple years after its release. OoT feels like a combination between the structure of ALttP and the greater depth and level design of LA, and I don't see how anyone can dispute that unless they're blinded.
>>
>>3545148
>Alundra
Sorry, meant Landstalker
>>
>>3545148
fuck off autist tldr not even op
>>
>>3545164
If a dozen or so sentences is tldr, you might be mentally deficient.
>>
File: Laughing Asian Man.gif (2MB, 290x260px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Asian Man.gif
2MB, 290x260px
>>3540503
>Not realizing he's falling for the egoraptor meme, RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>3545148
>ALttP is one of the worst 2D Zeldas
lol
>>
>>3545148
>The real question is why are people so nostalgia blinded by ALttP that they think a game that built upon it in every aspect is lesser? ALttP is one of the worst 2D Zeldas and is a complete mess compared to Link's Awakening, which came out within just a couple years after its release. OoT feels like a combination between the structure of ALttP and the greater depth and level design of LA, and I don't see how anyone can dispute that unless they're blinded.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I don't get the attitude so many LttP fans have towards OoT. Like, I could understand personally preferring it, but so often you get people claiming that LttP is bigger, more nonlinear, has more complex dungeons, less handholding, better music, more side content etc. when each of these reasons is clearly bullshit, and yet they accuse OoT fans of having 'nostalgia' for the newer game that actually does these things at least as well.

OMG what are they doing with the capcha?
>>
>>3545415
What 'lol'? There are few 2D games that aren't stronger than it in some significant way. Even if you don't think it's bad at all the NES and GBC titles are better and have greater strengths.
>>
>>3545423
Not really, though they're arguably more specialized in select areas.
>>
Just to say it, I don't know why people like ALttP so much and like to complain about OoT.
I played ALttP recently for the first time and it was one of the Zelda that I felt less invested ever. Not a bad game by any means, but I don't see it having anything much more notoriety than OoT itself, which I think it is just an OK game.

After beating ALttP I played LA and I was surprised of how much more enjoyable it than ALttP, to the point I might put it as the best Zelda game in my opinion.
>>
>>3545423
>NES
No
>>
File: 1344957503246.png (160KB, 257x245px) Image search: [Google]
1344957503246.png
160KB, 257x245px
>>3544773
>Sonic 2
>ALTTP
>forgotten, better games
I would like to know about the parallel universe you came from where such a claim is true.
>>
>>3545167
It's when you consider the tryhard source m8. None of your shit is worth reading lmao.
>>
>>3545452
>Just to say it, I don't know why people like ALttP so much and like to complain about OoT.
I truly believe that's just a tryhard meme opinion. I've always thought alttp is boring and I'm glad other people itt seem to as well. I've always considered oot to be the far superior game. I guess tryhards like to say alttp is better because it's 2d and older so they think it gives them more hipster cred.

But yeah. True patricians recognise links awakening as the true goat desu.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.