[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CYBERPUNK GAMES What are your favourite cyberpunk games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

CYBERPUNK GAMES

What are your favourite cyberpunk games?
>>
Westwood's Blade Runner is pretty great.
>>
Hell
>>
>>3514937
Is it a cyberpunk thriller?
>>
>>3514914
Cyberpunk 2077
>>
>>3514941
Why yes, yes it is.
>>
that one game by kojima
>>
>>3514971
Snatcher?
>>
File: X-Kaliber_2097_Coverart.png (81KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
X-Kaliber_2097_Coverart.png
81KB, 250x183px
To be honest, it's the ONLY cyberpunk game I've played, but I like it quite fine.
>>
>>3514914

Not sure if retro yet, but Deus Ex
>>
>>3514997
It's from 2000, so I guess.
We also talk about Gothic afterall, even though it's from 2001, which everyone tends to forget.
>>
>>3515002

Gothic was fantasy
>>
>>3514973
yeah that one

I'm surprised nobody said it yet
>>
File: Neuromancer Anonymous.png (11KB, 768x586px) Image search: [Google]
Neuromancer Anonymous.png
11KB, 768x586px
>>3514914
>cyberpunk thread
>no neuromancer on C64
>>
>>3515661
>there is a Neuromancer computer game

the fuck
>>
Cybermage
System Shock
>>
>>3514914
Synidicate is pretty easy once you release time=money. Complete the first few easy missions, set tax rate to maximum, then just WAIT for the money to flow in .spend it all on researching weapons and better parts before taking on the harder missions. The amurikan expansion missions are hell-mode though.

As for console, it's Genesis' Shadowrun and nothing else even comes close.
>>
>>3517673

>As for console, it's Genesis' Shadowrun and nothing else even comes close.

100% agreed, that game was way ahead of it's time upon release. I can't say enough good things about it. Those who have played the SNES SR would love the Genesis one, give it a try.
>>
>>3515447
>I'm surprised nobody said it yet
That's because every time someone mentions it online, the average price on eBay goes up another 10 bucks.
>>
Both Shadowrun are cool. People who complain about either one are just the console wars kids.

I don't see a need to take any side when the games set out to do and accomplish different things at the end of the day. The Gens game is more like playing a Tabletop campaign with you taking on different quests and getting closer to your end goal with more experience and money. The Nintendo one is more like a long story that happens to take place in the Shadowrun world that you see to its end. It is not like a tabletop campaign, but it still has many touches which makes it stand out from other WRPG from the time. Neither is better or worse than the other because they were made by different people at a different time with different design philosophy in mind. One tried a less linear and more open ended world game like a SaGa game while the other wanted a more linear experience with plot you get bits and pieces of as you progress. You can enjoy both without having to compare them just for having a license. We all know how that could turn out to be in the '80s and '90s making licensed games that either followed the license down to the letter or took liberties with it for the sake of a different game.
>>
Really disappointed that no one has mentioned Beneath a Steel Sky. A bit dated but still enjoyable if you can get into it.
>>
Half of The Longest Journey.
>>
>>3514914
G police, Messiah, Nomad Soul still had that amazing 90s dark gritty aesthetic I miss in cyberpunk these days.
>>
>>3518019
>Half
Kek. Also, not retro, but I don't fucking care because that game is awesome.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.