[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT you got, WHEN and WHERE you got it, HOW MUCH you got it for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 14

File: 20160910_121313.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_121313.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
> Post your shit that you want to post
> Tell us a story about how you got it
> Thrift store, yard sale, eBay, Craigslist I don't give a fuck
> Post pictures of your ultra rare pride and joy, say you found it in the trash to trigger plebs if you want
>>
File: 20160910_121332.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_121332.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
> Be last weekend
> Thrift store
> See OP related
> Don't usually buy discount repacks
> Have been more into retro PC lately though
> This is a pretty good collection that I don't have much from separately
> Decide to open it up and check it out
>>
File: 20160910_121341.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_121341.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
> Seems to be complete
> There's ten CDs anyway
> Hm, Need For Speed seems to be missing
> What's that in its place?
>>
File: 20160910_121347.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_121347.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
> Oh!
> Snap!
> I guess you can still find a gem or two at thrift stores if you really look
>>
>>3513771
Nice. That's a $40 game right there.

My best Goodwill score was back in 2012. I got 8 PS1 games all complete and in good condition for $.50 each. And these weren't trash sports titles, most were Squaresoft titles. I got Parasite Eve, Front Mission 3, Twisted Metal 2 & 3, Bushido Blade 2, Soul Blade, Legend of Legaia, and Brave Fencer Musashi. I must have used up all my Goodwill luck then, because I've never even come close to a find half that good since.
>>
>>3513948
Ya, I knew it was valuable and I traded my original copy that was my girlfriend at the time's favorite game for import Dreamcast stuff. Fifty cents is crazy cheap. At my Goodwill they usually tag all console games way too high to the tune of $4+ for Playstation and $6+ for anything in a long box and somehow they don't have 50 shitty sports titles like the actual Thrift does. Sometimes there will be some games especially jewel case games that dodge that bullet and just go for CD price of 99 cents but never 50 cents. They often price big-box PC games ridiculously low too they're dumb. I actually paid $2 flat "video game" price one time at a Salvation Army for some "real" HK bootleg Playstation games just because I thought they were so awesome and I'd never seen any in person before even though I was burning my own Playstation games in 1998.
>>
>>3513948
Did you post about your find on /v/? I think I remember a thread about that or you from a thread.
>>
>>3514083
I did get them cheap because the girl rang them up as CDs. I don't think that particular store at the time had a set price fro games, so they just went with the CD or DVD pricing.

>>3514712
I've posted about it here before.

My best flea market find was back in 2011 and is probably what pushed me into game hunting. I found a bin of video game stuff including a Genesis, Sega CD, a Saturn, a PS2 Slim, about 17 Genesis games, and random other crap all for $40. I just about shit myself when the dude told me the price. I was expecting that much for just one console, not the whole bin. And the week after that, I found another Saturn with accessories and such for $25 at a different flea market. Those are the only two Saturns I have ever seen in the wild.
>>
>>3513721
Shit like this is why i argue steam sales isnt the amazing thing people liked to make them out to be.

There were amazing deals on pc games forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 800x450px
>MGS fan for the last decade
>only recently gotten to /vr/ Kojima stuff
>see pic related
>fukken PCE CD-rom games, on a finnish auction site
>like 10 people bidding
>not gonna get my hopes up
>end up winning the auction with a bid of 7 euros (?)
>>
File: valuevillage.jpg (493KB, 1000x682px) Image search: [Google]
valuevillage.jpg
493KB, 1000x682px
>see this in 'thrift' store
>check condition, boxes are ripped, manuals are disgusting
>turn 360 and walk right out.
>>
File: IMG_20160923_171853[1].jpg (3MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160923_171853[1].jpg
3MB, 2160x3840px
Went to pick up a Commodore printer and two tape recorders from a guy on ebay a few weeks ago and ended up taking a look at some more stuff the guy had. Apparently he clears houses for a living and did a collectors garage that was packed full of stuff that he took for free.
Anyway, I saw a bunch of PS1 games on a shelf with Crash Bandicoot and Spyro and asked how much he wanted and he just told me to take it for free. I then offered him £10 for an Amiga 500 with a load of games, which he accepted. After that the guy just started pilling stuff into boxes and telling me to take it all until i filled my car.

Ended up giving him £15 for everything. He knew the price of everything, but just wanted to get rid of all the stuff that would take ages to sell and was glad someone could enjoy it. Sounded like he already made a few thousand from it.
Pic is just some of the stuff I got from him. The two boxes are full of joysticks that I have no idea what to do with since I will never use them all.
>>
File: computers.png (3MB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
computers.png
3MB, 1536x1536px
>>3517425
And heres the computers he gave me, apart from the Vic 20 which i bought from him a week before but only his wife was in when i went that time. He also gave me the Super Scope and NES joystick.
>>
File: 51JkezP9FZL._SL1500_.jpg (38KB, 279x409px) Image search: [Google]
51JkezP9FZL._SL1500_.jpg
38KB, 279x409px
>>3517331
It's funny I actually had that exact same thought and considered trying to work it into my post about it but ended up not. I actually just passed up pic related for $4 recently. I actually had this exact multipack hanging up in my room (they all unfold like wallet pictures) for the mid to late 90s but for the most part it's dog shit and I know for a fact that I still have Space Quest IV and Battle Chess in one of my binders.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x2837px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x2837px
Bought today at a place called Kill Screen Games in Asbury Park, NJ. Combined total of $70.
>>
>>3517907
You got ripped off big time. Those are worth about $20 each. $25 if you're desperate.
>>
>>3517914

where?
>>
File: 20160923_170529.jpg (792KB, 1647x962px) Image search: [Google]
20160923_170529.jpg
792KB, 1647x962px
Rockman X2 proto and Time Zone proto. I have other rare stuff like this, though the X2 is certainly one of the most interesting. No clue what purpose it served during development but it is pretty clean as far as protos go and the Capcom seals do not appear to have been broken so it probably didn't pass through too many hands after being pilfered from Capcom.
>>
>>3517925
Ebay.
>>
>>3517931
How did you come by those?
>>
>>3517932

>"Yes! It finally arrived after 7 days, $25 and $10 shipping!"
>"Oh wait, it doesn't seem to work."
>>
>>3517937
You must not ebay very often.
>>
>>3517942

Not after I got screwed with my first Sega Saturn.
>>
>>3517935
No interesting story, just auctions. The guy selling the X2 had other Rockman prototypes, so maybe he was a former Capcom employee? I do not know, but as best as I can tell this is the only known X2 proto (though I imagine there are other copies of this build out there).
>>
>>3513771
You can go repost this on reddit where you can actually get internet points by easily fooled people.

sage for still having the "beat-up trannies" thread :^)
>>
>>3518012
I swear to you this really happened. I have much rarer games I would use if I were making shit up. You can see that I took the pics in the thrift store when I found it. Unless I have industrial shelving and absolutely terrible taste in DVDs.
>>
Stuff that irks you?
>oh, I *just* sold those! :))))
>>
>be me about 10 or so years ago
>buy wild guns snes for $8
>it's now worth 150+
>>
>>3518352
You lucky son of a bitch. I have one.

>be me 8 or so years ago
>local pawn america is trimming down the retro section
>guy who works there that knows I'm there once a week buying carts for my collection asks me if I want to buy a tote full of 300 games for 50 bucks
>black people in line start hassling me, telling me to sell them the mortal kombat cart sitting on the top for $3
>say no
>dude helped me carry the tote plus a grocery bag of games to my car so I didn't get mugged

He took out all the first party stuff but I ended up with R-Type 3, Super Bonk, Battletoads/Double Dragon and a couple other good ones not to mention made a few hundred from selling most of it.
>>
>>3517907
Bruh. You got ripped.
>>
File: 1-happy-horse-christean-ramage.jpg (67KB, 679x900px) Image search: [Google]
1-happy-horse-christean-ramage.jpg
67KB, 679x900px
>eighth grade
>look in shared literature book
>Doom II CD in paper sleeve
It was weird. And great. But weird.
>>
>Older brother bought a truck
>Pokemon Yellow cartridge was stuck between the back seats
>"Hey anon, I got a surprise for you"
>>
>>3517994
Was there any difference with the game itself compared to the normal MMX2?
>>
>>3518467

Yeah, there's several differences throughout, but there's nothing crazy like totally changed stages or something (though you can't play the Counter Hunter stages, so I guess they could be different if they're actually on the cartridge somewhere, will need to investigate once I can dump it). Kinda interesting that on the level select map the silver tower is marked as I.H for Irregular Hunters and, if I remember correctly, it gets destroyed after Zero's parts get taken by the Counter Hunters. You can fight Sigma in the prototype by warping through the Central Computer stage, and he makes a more explicit reference to Dr. Wily than he does in the final JP version. It is pretty clear in both versions, but in this one I believe he specifically says or starts to say Wily instead of Doctor's Numbers.

I'd be curious to know what it was used for. The complete lack of cartridge labeling makes me doubt that it was used as a store or preview sample, but the Capcom security stickers make it seem like it was meant to be used somewhere offsite... but I have no clue. There are differences from final that line up with screenshots on the back of the US box (the shot where the first boss's head is lined up with the platform instead of higher relative position in the final game) and the back of the JP box (the extra Tiranos in Wheel Alligator's/Alligates's stage). It has a clean pause button, so maybe it was meant for some sort of screenshot purpose.

The Rockman X3 8/23 Sample is more interesting in my opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Made the rounds at a flea market and a bunch of thrift stores today, came away with some neat loot.

The 2600 with all accessories and games was $30 (working)

[Spoiler]I just realized HD-DVD doesn't technically count as retro or gaming, but it is an obsolete format that isn't manufactured anymore, so whatever
>>
Best find ever was Gun-Nac for $8 at my local record store.
>>
File: IMG_0003.jpg (193KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
193KB, 640x480px
>hit up 3 thrift stores today
>decide to hit up a final one close to gfs
>see 1 genesis game in case
>sports game, so no1curr
>old guy standing in the way of bin in electronics section
>he moves, check out bin
>LOSE MIND
>LOSSEEEEE MINDDDDDDD
>GRAB LIKE SHECKLES

>look two bins over, see TJ&E, see other gens games
>covet
>clutch all in arms, go to counter
>%50 off day
>never won this big before
>still glowing

total:
$7.50.
>>
>>3520084
Damn your eyes in 22 years of bargain shopping I still haven't replaced the TurboExpress my "friend" stole from me in 1994.
>>
>tfw all of the "flea markets" around here are just merchants that sell bootleg phone accessories and churros
>>
>>3520084
Also, you wouldn't want to trade that TurboExpress for a Lynx would you? I found two of them at the thrift a few years ago in a similar experience.
>>
Traded in some leftover duplicates like a couple sonic 2's, couple NBA jams, mortal kombat, tecmo super bowl and a couple other shitty games from an old lot and ended up with a super mint contra 3 for $20. Still feeling pretty good about that because it was one of only a few non rare snes carts I still needed. Still need turtles 4, secret of mana and ff2.
>>
>>3520084
"Damn your eyes" - heh, do you read a lot of Pat O'Brien books?
Fucking 'friends' stole most of my game boy collection back in the day...
Dont think ill ever get this lucky again..

>>3520084
heh, no, express is worth more, also has 4x the nostalgia for me..considering the original price point it was like the gold treasure back I was a wee lad. Yeah sure, dad gonna plonk down that many bucks..
>>
>>3521145
That's some good linking there Anon. The same guy stole my Lynx and my Turbo Express. My Game Boy collection got stolen years earlier by another friend when he moved out of town.
>>
there's a guy on cg selling a yellowed snes for 55$, but it comes with all the wires two controllers and three games, one being f-zero with the others being regular sports games
is this a good deal?
>>
>>3521785
meh, if you don't care about the yellow plastic. I'd hold off and wait on a nice bundle or spend the money on something better like a nice game because buying the system is the least of your worries if you're just starting a collection. I pity you if you don't have any games... they're expensive as fuck.
>>
>>3521837
yea, guess I decided to start a little too late
better now then never I suppose though
>>
Kinda treading the retro line but got some Wonderswan games.
Anyone know what it means when save data was "broken"? (in Final Fantasy). A few saves are still here, but others say they were こわされた and I thought with battery backup it was "all or nothing".

Anyway, I got:
Gunpey for 263JPY (cart only)
FF 1 and 2 for 480JPY each CIB
Beatmania new for 5500JPY (not great price but wanted to make sure it came with the accessory)
Riviera CIB for 4000
Tarepanda Gunpey CIB for 300
Blue Wing CIB for 800
Wild Card CIB for 2253

I'll probably have to buy flash carts after that, but the ones currently available are lacking. I think first I'll get the WonderDog WonderWitch clone when I can afford it.
>>
>>3521145
Its too bad he died. M&C series could go on forever and id be ok with it. Having a friend who owns a bookstore translate his chicken scratch section of '21'..trying to translate it takes me out of the story too much.
>>
Has anyone bought anything off shopgoodwill.com? What's everyone's opinion on it?
>>
>>3524175
Descriptions inaccurate. Shipping is outrageous. Fees for handling by literal retards.
>>
>>3524175

Pretty much what >>3524239 said. Plus, you'll end up paying more than ebay most likely. Although, the one time I did buy something from them, they fucked up the shipping and I ended up getting a free Dreamcast with extras out of it.
>>
Just got tekken 3 for 4 bucks, eith case and cover. Not the best deal but alright
>>
>>3524637
Sometimes you bite the retarded handlers, sometimes the retarded handlers bite you.
>>
got stalker, amped 2 and 2 vidya osts for 2 dorrah each at goodwill
theres never any cartridge games though
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.