[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: fireflower.png (1KB, 295x141px) Image search: [Google]
fireflower.png
1KB, 295x141px
Which one do you prefer?
>>
File: 46799_front.jpg (86KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
46799_front.jpg
86KB, 640x635px
>>3511552
The one on the right. Pic related was one of my first games so it's conditioned into me.
>>
>>3511552
Slight preference for the classic, the ring of colors adds a nice air of the unusual. i especially like how it flashed in the original SMB. Real shame they've never brought that back.

The World version was a little confusing when I first saw it. Same with flip bricks and Galoombas.
>>
smw flower is kawaii
>>
>>3511602
>The World version was a little confusing when I first saw it. Same with flip bricks and Galoombas
My thoughts exactly. Even so, I prefer the SMW flower
>>
THe left one. I grew up with SMB3 and I don't like SMW art style. SMB3 in All star is just prettier.
>>
>>3511552

I never liked the look of the fire flower in any game save for maybe the first SMB. Something about the flashing just made it more appealing.

I don't like the oval flower, and tulips are worst flower.
>>
Right one has more details due to obvious SNES color capabilities over the NES, but both are fine from a design stand point.
>>
>>3513113
>SMW
>7 colors and transparent
>That particular sprite has only 5 colors + transparent
what a leap
>>
>>3512917
>SMB3 in All star is just prettier
Shit taste fammo. All Stars looks awful compared to the NES original. Even the GBA version looks nicer IMO.
>>
>>3511552
right one because it looks like an actual fire flower, not the eye of the beholder.
>>
>>3511552
The Dinosaur Land species.
>>
>>3515091
...Isn't the GBA one just a straight port with voice clips and extra levels?
>>
File: nes vs snes vs gba.png (128KB, 1509x722px) Image search: [Google]
nes vs snes vs gba.png
128KB, 1509x722px
>>3515091
>>3515309
gba/sma4 is same as snes version, but brighter(and that mario has now gloves).
>>
>>3514542
Sometimes less is more.
>>
File: smb3.jpg (79KB, 498x220px) Image search: [Google]
smb3.jpg
79KB, 498x220px
>>3515825
Well, not exactly.
There are a handful of tiny level structure changes to try and optimize for the smaller resolution.
>>
>>3516406
I meant graphically, otherwise I would have mentioned that, and also the e-reader content since >>3515091 said gba version somehow looks nicer than the all-stars/snes version.
>>
>>3516415
I honestly haven't played either version in a while. Maybe I thought that because it looks better on a tiny screen, or because the music is better on GBA.
>>
>>3511552
Left all the way. They are also the best plant dancers in SMB3.
>>
>>3512917
I feel it messes too much with the atmosphere and look of the game.
>>
>>3516595
I think it's just the opposite, I love how the game redesigned the blocks, the fire flower, the goombas, the koopas, added a ton of new enemies, and eventually replaced the raccoon leaf with the cape feather. The game has its own style and identity while still being very Mario. For half of the development time they used the SMB3 design for most things and decided it was too similar, resulting in the different fire flowers, different blocks, different koopas, different goombas, etc.

It doesn't even matter if I prefer one over the other, I just really like that they had enough creativity and care to mix up the staples of the series like that. Mario 64 did a similar kind of thing, the graphics may be ameteur and ugly but they're put together well enough to convey their interesting and unique style and atmosphere. Super Mario Land did that too. Sunshine did it too, but beyond the landscapes and the gameplay the fkudd and its power ups offer, I didn't care for it much. Galaxy just remixed the old styles, and SM64DS, NSMB, and NSMBW established the "normal Mario style" that we unfortunately don't get to deviate very far from.
>>
>there will never be super mario bros deluxe but with super mario all-stars graphics and not-shrunken screen size
>there will never be super mario bros 2 all-stars version but with gba gameplay changes
>there will never be super mario bros 3 gba version but with all-stars audio

why bother unless someone wants to make these via romhacks of super mario all-stars
>>
>>3511552
The one that lets me throw fireballs.
>>
File: diff2 (1).gif (33KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
diff2 (1).gif
33KB, 256x224px
>>3516406
Super Mario World did this too
>>
File: diff1 (1).gif (64KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
diff1 (1).gif
64KB, 256x224px
>>3516902
>>
>>3516902
Aw we can't have babby accidentally dropping the key down a hole, now, can we?
>>
>>3511602
Why is that a real shame?
>>
File: smb3.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
smb3.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>3515091
nostalgia goggles as fuck
>>
File: 1up.jpg (51KB, 744x360px) Image search: [Google]
1up.jpg
51KB, 744x360px
>>3511552
While we're at it.

Left all day errday. They don't need fucking faces, or to be circular. Goddamn I hated them retconning this in all stars.
>>
>>3517376
It makes sense given that they are the souls of all the mushroom people Bowser transformed into bricks.
>>
>>3517130
Nice cherrypicking. In game everything looks way too shiny and it loses the screenplay aesthetic of the original.
>>
>>3517376
>Brown and green
Gross color combination.
>>
>>3517376
I played Mario 3 first when I was a kid so I always thought the shading on the first one was actually his eye and he was looking to the right.
>>
COIN ON IT'S SIDE FOREVER
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.