[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons I need help, my super metroid save file keeps vanishing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 20160915_203339.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20160915_203339.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
Anons I need help, my super metroid save file keeps vanishing even though I replaced the battery. I'm guessing its just so fucked up that it wont power the SRAM or some shit when its out of my snes.

Is there a device out there that I can use to store saves then throw back inside my cart? I've lost my save like 4 times now. My soul blazer is even worse but I was able to beat that in 2 nights at least.

To put it bluntly I guess, I'm looking for a device that can:

>backup the save onto itself
>upload the save back into the cart when I start playing again

>pic mildy unrelated
>>
>>3508868
How did you replace the battery?
>>
Look up and buy a Retrode. It does exactly what you're asking for.

However, I suspect you didn't solder the battery right. Grab a multimeter and check the voltage. If you don't have >3 volts, that save is going to die every time.
>>
>>3508873
>>3508878

I added a battery holder, and slapped a new batt in.

I know it works at least since metroid should crash or glitch after the first escape sequence when a battery isnt detected.

I'll send front/back pics soon.
>>
Super UFO does exactly that but you may as well just get an Everdrive and quit using your carts period.
>>
>>3508883
> should crash or glitch after the first escape sequence when a battery isnt detected
I don't know where you heard this, but it's wrong. The initial release of SM had to be recalled due to a mix up at the factory that resulted in the games shipping without batteries. Game never locked up without it, but you obviously couldn't save
>>
>>3508971

I'm 100% sure Anon is right about glitching (not crashing) since I've tested without a battery.

After escaping post ridley fight, taking the elevator up to the top causes samus to die, therefore forcing a restart since saving isn't possible during that sequence.
>>
>>3509012
Completely wrong. I've never emulated a battery and this never happens in any emulator.
>>
>>3509029

>Emulator

There's your problem. Looks like we found an SNES9x flaw.

I might upload a webm of myself playing just so you can see if I'm not lazy.
>>
>>3509036
FPGA based emulation systems are known to be more accurate than the original hardware (due to cheaply made ICs, and ICs from different manufacturers being used over a systems lifetime) so the emulator isn't the problem here. In fact, there is no problem here, because SM doesn't lock up when there's no battery.
>>
>>3509080

Well, either I'm wrong or my cart is just beyond fucked up.

Maybe I should just sell it as untested and pool those shekels towards a good copy.
>>
>>3509080
Doesnt matter. Test it in bsnes or it's an emulator glitch.
>>
>>3509082

Oops, meant to say "either I'm right or my cart is beyond fucked,"

But I am going with the former since I have seen youtube vids and read threads about the problem. Stop basing your fucking facts off emulators faggot.
>>
>>3509083
An FPGA configured to simulate the logic of a SNES is more accurate than bsnes, so no.

>>3509092
Your copy is certainly unique. Even with a battery I doubt it would play past that point.
>>
>>3509102

Oh it's played much farther than that, I assure you. You're just baiting though, so I'll back off.
>>
>>3509102
>An FPGA configured to simulate the logic of a SNES is more accurate than bsnes, so no.

Nah.
>>
>>3508883
>>3508971
>>3509012
>>3509102
>>3509115
The "you die when you take the lift on the way outside" is a real thing. Happens when your save file is corrupt, or if your battery is bad. I've personally caused thus when I swarped the batter but didn't put it in right.

Here are others talking about it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588741-super-metroid/53727631
>>
>>3510251
Not OP, but ere's a YouTube of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=020T9bby-IM
>>
>>3510251
>>3510489

See >>3509102 faggot? Get fucked.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.