[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you remove stickers you find on old games/hardware, or do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: nes-sticker.jpg (295KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
nes-sticker.jpg
295KB, 1000x667px
Do you remove stickers you find on old games/hardware, or do you consider them a part of its "history" and leave them on?

I ask because I just removed a bunch of Arthur stickers from a couple of N64 controllers I got and now I feel like an asshole. Some kid in the '90s put those on out of a genuine love for the show and I took them off in a matter of minutes.
>>
>>3508572
I know that feel OP, sometimes I try and keep saved games from past owners on there. All because one time I deleted some JP bro's 100% save on Mario's Super Picross, only for me to find that he had previously set the BGM to the same one I liked, and it made me feel bad.

But whatever, honestly that shit comes and goes.

I'll take a sticker off if I can do minimal damage to the cart/box/etc. If it's gonna fuck the thing up then I'll leave it on there, let some other future owner sweat over it.
>>
>>3508572
Stickers yes, writing no.
I have a bunch of game boy games that were all owned by some Takuya kid. He took good care of them. Luckily, he wrote on the back/top of the carts.
>>
remove, unless I'm the one who did it as a kid
>>
>>3508572
>$10 for Caveman Games.
What a rip.
>>
>>
>>3508572
Stickers, marker, whatever; I remove as much of it as I can without damaging the cart. I don't give a shit about some 10 year old kid's stickers. It's my game now. If the previous own had cared so much about it, they'd still be the owner.
>>
>>3508775
did he write it in hira too? that's kinda cute

can somebody post "tony's poop smells good" ?
>>
File: tony's poop smells good.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
tony's poop smells good.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>3508572
Depends.

I take off price stickers always, for writing it depends on if it's just some kid's name or "Kevin has a tiny peepee"

Sometimes, especially in the case of old computer stuff, I get stickers saying it was owned by some school. Like my Commodore 1702 was used in a science lab at a high school in Edmonton, Canada. I like to keep those ones on because it's cool knowing where my stuff was used back in its prime.
>>
I remove what I can, the only exceptions being if they've been placed on the label and I fear I might damage the label itself if I try to remove it.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (22KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
22KB, 300x225px
>>3508572
Speaking from a PC perspective, I find the stickers on old tech to be good to keep. Seeing an old P2 sticker or "Designed for Windows 98" is really nostalgic. Even the Windows license stickers are nostalgic now that they've been gone for a while.

Price stickers, I don't see a point in keeping. Joe's Pawn Shop from 1996 can suck it. Little Billy's spiderman stickers can also suck it. It's mine now.
>>
I only do it on disc based game (ps2 onwards, I just straight up replace PS1/DC cases) since there is zero risk of damaging the game.

You take the stuff out, throw it in some warm soapy water for like 4 hours, come back, the majority of the label comes off, and hopefuly teh glue, if not, then you goo gone, let them air dry over night and put them back together.

You can't do that for carts whch makes them way more labor intensive. I don't really feel like sitting there and scrubbing down cards these days, I usually just do a basic cleaning with alcohol.
>>
>>3508572
I'm always buying disc based games, specially loose disc even if they're in my collection because I like downloading fan boxart and putting together nice DVD cases. I end up giving my extras away to friends I know that own the console the game is for. haven't found a straight forward solution for cartridges but it doesn't matter anymore because I have switched to flash carts for Genesis/32x and PC-Engine.
>>
>>3508572
Haha being able to watch shows like Arthur without being mercilessly bullied by your parents;_;
>>
>>3509132
What were those stickers from I used to have those on my toybox
>>
I remember I brought a Pokemon Red cart that had a ruined sticker. I peeled it off one day since it was so ugly but that made it worse. I eventually threw out the cart because I wanted to buy a new copy at a later point. I regret it because I wanna play Red sometimes though.
>>
>>3509741
You're spending way too much time on that. Just use a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive to peel off the stick and use goo gone to clean up any residue. You'll be done in minutes rather than hours.
>>
>>3509364
Katakana, in fact.
I have some other games of kids who wrote in kanji, but it blurs over time and I suck at kanji.
And I bought them all from the same lady at ebay.
Cute woman who sent thank you notes on every game I bought, some gacha toys or extra games sometimes.
>>
>>3509887
I think from a strategy guide that called itself a pokedex, or some other from of pokemon red/blue strategy guide. I had them too
>>
I usually only bother removing stickers if im gonna sell a game on ebay or elsewhere. Collectors can be extremely picky about the condition of games and stickers can hurt the resell value quite a bit.

Goo Gone is a godsend for cleaning up old carts, just tab a bit on the end of piece of cloth and you can remove most stickers with minimal effort.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.