[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was gaming in Korea pre-Starcraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: NES Comboy.jpg (242KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
NES Comboy.jpg
242KB, 980x735px
How was gaming in Korea pre-Starcraft?
>>
>>3507514
I know people hate this site, but it really has the best information on the subject.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/korea/korea.htm

Short answer: In the South, there was a rich game history of PC games that is worth looking into and trying out. In the North, they had arcades and famiclones. However, North Korean Flash games in the 2000's suggest their likely was some PC game dev history prior.
>>
EN TARO ADUN TASSADAR
>>
>>3507514
bootlegs
>>
>>3507561
wow thats absolutely fascinating. now i really want to play some retro pc nork propaganda point and click games. probably so cool.
>>
>>3507514
They couldn't import Japanese systems, so Korean manufacturers licenced the right to produce the console themselves, that's why they got the samsung megadrive and the samsung saturn instead of the Sega ones. Also bootlegs.
>>
Like FuncoLand except everything smelled like fish.
>>
>>3507923

Better than everything smelling like cow and pork I guess.
>>
>>3507514
Wtf hyundai nes. I lived there from 2004-2006. They had alot of bootleg ps2 and xbox games, one shop had some import japanese gamecube and 360 games. Didnt see too much retro stuff. Closest thing was maybe a japanese neo geo pocket color i picked up at a pawn shop with a bunch of games.
>>
>>3507514
>How was gaming in Korea pre-Starcraft?
Lots of DOS games and warlock looking guys riding around on horses poking each other with spears

asian folklore and shit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.