[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to play this on PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg (112KB, 380x384px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg
112KB, 380x384px
What's the best way to play this on PC?
>>
>>3507360
>emulate the PS1 version if you want the cheesy dub
>emulate the PSP version if you want the Japanese voice acting or boring dub
>>
File: nitm.jpg (240KB, 800x803px) Image search: [Google]
nitm.jpg
240KB, 800x803px
SSF emulator + Nocturne in the Moonlight.
>>
>>3507392
op ignore this guy saturn emulation is a mess also saturn sotn has inferior graphics and non-canon bonus features

this guy has the right idea >>3507371
>>
>>3507392
saturn version is inferior in every way except for the fact that it has maria in it and some very out of place looking extra areas
>>
>>3507402
>>3507404
fuck off, sonydrones
>>
>>3507430
no
>>
>>3507430
>people have taste this poor
>>
>>3507402
>saturn emulation is a mess
no it isn't you retard, ssf runs 99% of games perfectly

>non-canon
suck iga's dick harder, nigger. you're just pulling excuses out of your ass to not try it on saturn
>>
>>3507430
well at least the saturn version of maria is pretty fun to play, unlike the PSP version of maria where its just rondo maria.

but the saturn version is sitll shit, bruv
>>
>>3507360
Kys pal faggot
>>
>>3507443
The Playstation/N64 Generation can't be reasoned with. The only decent consoles past mid-90s were Sega consoles.
>>
>>3507448
>still shit
it's good bruv, just inferior to the real thing
>>
>>3507453

t. sega fanboy
>>
>>3507470
If liking good consoles that still made games for real gamers over HEY NEW GAMERS THAT HAVE NEVER PLAYED GAMES BEFORE COME PLAY OUR STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE GARBAGE PS/N64 shit is being a "fanboy", fine, I'm a "fanboy."
>>
>>3507473

sorry, I don't even think you're an average sega fanboy, you're a real Segautist.
>>
>>3507473
lol the playstation 1 had arguably the deepest and most complete library of good games of any generation, and this is coming from someone who actually loves the fuck out of the saturn and dreamcast
>>
>>3507473

>real gamers

Want me to tell you how I know you're underage?
>>
File: Holy Shit.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Holy Shit.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>your face when you realize the Saturn is in actuality the best console from the fifth gen
>>
>>3507484
I can tell how you are: you think you're a real gamer when you think consoles SPECIFICALLY CREATED for new gamers that emphasize style over substance are actually good. But of course, you weren't alive back then (or at least was a tiny little nothing barely aware of the world around you) and didn't watch as Nintendo and Sony corrupted the videogame world by luring in tons of non-gamers to play games that would have been laughed at just a few years before.

Here's your homework, kid: play only pre-1995 games for the next few years. No cheating. If you can do that, you might be able to understand how the Playstation/N64 basically ruined gaming and how modern gaming is almost completely trash.
>>
>>3507360
>Tried to emulate the PSX version.
>I could only get in-game to be pixel perfect, menus were stretched/squashed
Why does it have to be a hassle to just have the pixles be regular pixels?
>>
>>3507492

It was rhetoric anon, I can tell you're underage because you use the word "gamer" unironically.

Anyway, you seem like a pretty knowledgeable fellow, do you have any blog where you write about video game history I can subscribe to? This is sarcasm, just in case.
>>
>>3507498
I'm sorry to tell you this, kid, but we used the word "gamer" long before your filth polluted gaming. And there was no irony to it, either, because gaming used to be good.

What a concept.

Dumbfuck kids. Holy shit.
>>
>>3507489
It really is, it might not have the best library, but the best games it actually has are fucking amazing and the capabilities of the console put the others to shame.
>>
>>3507506

Must be an anglo thing. It's stupid if it isn't ironic.
>>
>>3507510
I want autistic Europoors to leave 4chan.
>>
wow the two arguing in this thread are the biggest faggots I've ever seen congrats

I was gonna talk about how good SotN is and how everyone should play it. Hopefully they read your comments first and think "Do I really wanna be this much of a loser?"

The Playstation version is better, but they're both the same fucking game just play it
>>
If it's your first play, PS1 version.

Otherwise, play the Saturn version, its extra content largely make up for its con. Problem is its Jap only but there are websites around to help for item description and such.

Both play perfectly fine emulated.
>>
>>3507392
>recommending moon runes when a perfect english version exists
>recommending the inferior version of the game
>autisticly defend said recommendation to death because "muh sega"

the only thing worse than weebs are console fanboy weebs
>>
>>3507479
Just what I was going to post, only t. nintoddler sorely missing RPGs and fightan games.
>>
File: yamauchi.jpg (18KB, 391x480px) Image search: [Google]
yamauchi.jpg
18KB, 391x480px
>>3508373
Fightan games were shit on PSX, and JRPGs are for kissless neckbeards.
>>
>>3507430
no the Saturn game was a port from the ps1 game. that's why it's not as good.
>>
>>3508370
Said by sony fanboy that's never actually played it.
>>
>>3508583
They're both good for different reasons.

If you want more content and a badass Maria mode, play the Saturn game.

If you want less load times and better graphics, play the Playstation game.

However, if you just play the Saturn game, you won't be missing anything, unlike if you only play the PSX version.
>>
>>3507402
Worst thing about those bonus areas and enemies is that they don't even fit in with all the other ones art-wise. It feels like a mediocre mod that was just slathered on.
>>
>>3508745
A mediocre mod to complement a mediocre overhyped game, how fitting.
>>
File: cvtng.jpg (1MB, 1537x2100px) Image search: [Google]
cvtng.jpg
1MB, 1537x2100px
>Sonybabbies will NEVER EVER get the best Castlevania game of all time
>>
>>3508748
I don't think so. I never played it back in the day. Got myself a copy of the PS1 version last year and despite all the hype I've read about it online, I was still blown away. SotN absolutely deserves its hype imo.
>>
>>3508714
>missing the point entirely
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.