[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this game good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: SMAS.jpg (34KB, 380x262px) Image search: [Google]
SMAS.jpg
34KB, 380x262px
is this game good
>>
That's 4 games. Yes, good.
>>
>>3506959
wat i dont get is why they made two version one with super mario world and one without
>>
>>3506962

one was bundled with SNES and the other was sold stand-alone.
>>
>>3506956

2 (USA) + 3 are pretty good and close to the originals.

1-2 have weird physics and weird aestetics.
>>
>>3506972
bump
>>
>>3506956
Adding a save feature ruined the games 2bh
>>
>>3506956
I love it, ever since coming to /vr/ though I've felt guilty for liking it (as in, feeling like SMB 1/2 are decent). I like all the SNES aesthetics in this game pretty much, but it doesn't affect how much I appreciate the NES versions.

in any case I think it's a great collection.
>>
I don't like the block breaking in SMB 1. It feels unnatural. But the rest are fine.
>>
File: anothercastle.png (13KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
anothercastle.png
13KB, 768x672px
>>3508028
>>3506972

I don't think it's ever been confirmed, but the general consensus seems to be that it was *not* an intentional tweak, but a simple, one-time sign mishap in Y velocity calculation that unfortunately is hugely ubiquitous in the game.

(If you don't mind emulating it's easy enough to find a simple ROM patch to correct it)

I don't particularly mind the aesthetics (the castles look great). I guess SMB1 wasn't as easy to translate to a higher color depth as 2 or 3, since the sprites in those twos are designed with line contours (the first Mario is all about flat color shapes)
>>
>>3506972
>1-2 have weird physics and weird aestetics.

They're only weird if you are used to the NES game. Otherwise, they feel very natural.
>>
I actually really like the new graphics on SMB1 and 2.
SMB2(USA) got the best visual overhaul though, it looks gorgeous.
SMB3 looks good, but some artistic decisions are kind of weird. Like they took out the unique onion-shaped clouds and the transparent figures on the sky that made the game have such a dreamy feel, same with the underground sections and that "outer space" background, and the sort of icy/metallic ground terrain, they were changed in favor of a more "realistic" underground setting. Not bad looking, but less unique.
>>
All-stars with Super Mario World in it is the best collection ever. By a long shot
>>
>>3506972
Tfw you own a flashcarts and can play the patched version with proper physics : -)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.