[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HoMM/Might and Magic thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 92

File: HoMM3 cover art.jpg (881KB, 900x842px) Image search: [Google]
HoMM3 cover art.jpg
881KB, 900x842px
Astrologers proclaim the week of Badger.

Old thread: >>3474424

http://pastebin.com/6G9B1cMA
>>
File: get ready for a mouthful.png (15KB, 81x99px) Image search: [Google]
get ready for a mouthful.png
15KB, 81x99px
When you nut but she keeps sucking
>>
>Week of the Plague
FUCK EVERYTHING
>>
File: HoMMII_PoL-Boxshot.jpg (108KB, 640x731px) Image search: [Google]
HoMMII_PoL-Boxshot.jpg
108KB, 640x731px
>>3506428
Why is HoMM3's cover so cheap looking compared to all their other games?
>>
>>3506448
>Week
Month, Anon, Plague only appears on months.
>>
>>3506459
It only occurs on the month turns only, but doesn't the text say week?
>>
>>3506428
Under the notes section, you should specify 9) and 11) are specific to MM6-8. Fly is a very different spell in MM1-2 (it lets you portal to any zone) and it doesn't exist at all in MM3-5&9.
>>
>>3506473
11 is kind of a given since there is no running in any previous game you just move tile by tile. Updated both anyways though.
>>
>>3506473
I gave my tips here >>3505272 . See that I noted they were specific to MM6–8. Looks like they were edited together with the rest of the tips so that's where the confusion arose from
>>
>>3506452
You say this and post a cover of what looks like some guy LARPing.
>>
>>3506523
>implying it isn't the tightest shit
>>
>>3506497
Makes sense. To an extent some of them apply to the rest of the series (although training giving actual bonuses and disarming being mandatory are different).

>Looks like they were edited together with the rest of the tips
Nothing you said is wrong for MM6-8, it just looks like a copy/paste issue.
>>
>>3506539
I cobbled it up at around 1 in the morning yesterday. I'll go back and reorganize it for clarity.
>>
>>3506448
>>3506459
>>3506462
In most of the release versions it says week, but only happens on the turn of the month. If you have HD it says month.
>>
Soundtracks:

2>>>>4>3>5=1
>>
Anyone want to do some 1vs1? 8xm8 template.
>>
>>3506473
>9) and 11)

pure coincidence
>>
>>3506448
>not saving at the end of each month and reloading if plague hits
>>
File: M&M Era of Chaos.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
M&M Era of Chaos.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
What if they would make Antagarich Might & Magic MMORPG? Would you play it?

Of course it would have blizzardesque artstyle or at least HoMM VII artstyle and two faction pvp system

Human
Elf
Dwarf
Lizardmen

VS

Undead
Kreegan
Minotaur
Goblin
>>
>>3508045
>Would you play it?
No.
>>
>>3508045
You disgust me
>>
>>3506452
More importantly, what's going on with the opposing army?
>titans and nagas
>dwarves and centaurs
>medusas and minotaurs
>a single wraith
Enjoy that no morale.
>>
>>3508593
There are other things that don't make any sense

The horse in the foreground sure looks evil as fuck, despite supposedly being Erathian. The knight on it also looks kinda evil with spikes and all that. Where's Catherine anyway?

In the opposing army, you can see the guys in horned helmets. IIRC these were supposed to be actual units but they were made into heroes instead (don't quote me on that).

Comparative size of the units and the perspective are pretty fucked up too. Is it me, or the Dungeon town should be tipped toward the observer?

Finally, we have but 5 factions represented here. Where are the forces of Inferno, Stronghold, Fortress?

I can only assume this cover was made way before the final version of the game.
>>
RAAC guy here. I asked where do I spend my skill points in late game, and someone told me to level up light magic. OK, but what about the archers and the ranger? Do I dump everything into the bow skill now, or are there better alternatives?
>>
>>3508817
>RAAC

What?
>>
>>3508885
He's playing a weird ranged based party (Ranger, Archer, Archer, Cleric) someone suggested him a month or so back.
>>
>>3508895
That's the worst team ever

The best ones are

3x Sorcerer 1x Cleric
or 2x Sorcerer 2x Cleric
>>
>>3508885
Fuck, do I have to explain it every time, seriously. Did this only yesterday
>>
File: 1469046541076.gif (46KB, 174x192px) Image search: [Google]
1469046541076.gif
46KB, 174x192px
>>3508903
I didn't browse this thread yesterday
>>
>>3508902
I didn't aim for the best team. I wanted to have a different experience. So I picked the 2 classes I haven't tried yet.

Having strong ranged attackers is really convenient actually. How many times I have played the usual MMCS party and wished my arrows did more than 9 damage. Also, eventually, I could lower my bow recovery to as little as 5. With double shot it's already pretty damn sweet, but at 5 it would beat blasters. It's still a long way to go though.

Master elemental magic covers most of my spell needs with Fly/Town Portal. GM Enchant Item and Master Alchemy could help, but then again I just cleaned Maze at lvl 30 and didn't have much of a problem doing this. So maybe it could wait.

In any case, I see little point in aiming for the best ever party in the game. It's pretty easy as it is.
>>
>>3508902
This isn't wizardry m8. No need to minmax.
>>
>>3508817
Bow, Perception, and Chain. After you get your GMs then you can just dump points in Bow even past skill 30.

>>3508895
>>3508902
He said he wanted a team with some new classes. AAAC is a very standard party yes really and RAAC is only slightly worse. It's also the only team where a ranger isn't completely dead weight other than solo.

Of course they aren't as good as KKCS or KCSS until very late, but they utterly dominate endgame. CCSS and CSSS are amazing when playing dark, but much less so when going light.
>>
>>3509037
Hmm, yeah I've GM'd Perception and Chain. I wondered for some time if leveling Light was worth it for them, for Destroy Undead/Paralyze? I doubt it as they lack mana already.
>>
>>3509051
I had assumed you already had ~7 in it. Get it up to about that level. Extra paralyze never hurts, although you really only need it in that first room of the Pit. Basically all you need to do is stop the queens from raping you while you destroy everything.
>>
>>3509057
I needed some points for GMs. I also postponed my training a little (I had a bunch genie lamps and it was October). I just trained 14 levels to lvl 44.

> although you really only need it in that first room of the Pit
Hm, yeah, that's what I also had in mind. But, I've cleaned out the Pit once. It was surprisingly unrewarding. Almost no loot, very little money. Their shops were nothing interesting really. Paramount guild of earth is useless. Castle Gloaming had a lot of gold/gems but not much else IIRC. I guess extra exp wouldn't hurt, but how much would it yield? I don't know really.
>>
>>3509095
There isn't a need. You can run through it invisibly if you want. I just always find it worthwhile to have a space to town portal to without being surrounded by queens, speakers, and liches.
>>
>>3508902
boring
>>
I am still a little confused about elemental attacks in MM7.

Let's say I have a dagger that "adds 9-12 body damage". Does the latter work essentially as a spell which harms the enemy every time my attack hits, e.g. Flying Fist? If the enemy is immune to body magic, it will be immune to this effect too? Does the body resistance scale the damage, like with a usual Body spell?

Also, let's say an enemy attack type says "air". Does it mean AC is useless against it?
>>
first time on a homm3 board.

what's the general opinion about WoG?
>>
>>3511130
Way too much of a clusterfuck, at least you can pick and choose to make it less of one.
>>
>>3511132
can't play without it, mostly because of commanders. then again, I liked heroes in 4, in theory.
>>
>>3511147
Don't get me wrong, I like some of the features like improvements to garbage skills i.e. estates, or mysticism and commanders like you said, but stuff like Tier 8 units and town management is clunky and broken at times.
>>
>>3511130
I've said this once, I'll say it again. It's an interesting idea, but it just sees like a clusterfuck of features with disregard for balance. After seeing it, I will never even touch it, unless they at least TRY to balance it out without showing features into it.
>>
File: my world is ruined.png (6KB, 78x65px) Image search: [Google]
my world is ruined.png
6KB, 78x65px
After all these days hunting for Clanker's Amulet, I realize its bonus doesn't stack with "of Alchemy" items. Has the god abandoned us?
>>
>>3510564
Yes to everything.

>Does it mean AC is useless against it?
Yes, because it's a different attack type. The effect from GM Chain and Master Plate do not work against elemental damage either, but the elemental resistances from GM leather do.
>>
>>3511398
It's in a weird category where you can't sell it along with things like Lieutenant's Cutlass and the Forge Gauntlets. I don't think the game sees these as "Artifacts" and instead a special kind of quest item/reward.

>>3511130
Lots of potential with the new scripting, but falls short on a lot of issues. It has some custom good maps, but the balance is atrocious. Also the campaigns are super autism level.
>>
>>3511130
WoG is mostly known for its bulk. Some of it is good, like improved skills. Some of it is questionable, like units gaining their own XP. Nobody really likes the amateurish new units, which are just pastel reskins of the original ones.

WoG is, also, however, a modder's tool, and for the longest time the scripts and doodads the mod allowed have become a staple of great HoMM3 maps, like The Empire of the World III and IV, which still retained vanilla gameplay, only with better storytelling methods and some new challenges.

Nowadays, though, with WoG no longer updated, it seems like ERA replaced it for all your enhanced vanilla single player needs, and HotA is now there for when you want to go beyond.

Either way, WoG is a pretty cool thing.
>>
>>3511406
>>3511406
OK. Hm, looks like I've finally grasped the game mechanic after all. Took me just 4 threads of spamming questions non-stop.

I guess AC is not so important after all. IIRC, nothing in Eofol deals physical damage. If anything, it looks like physical attacks become pretty rare later in the game. Outside of sword masters, minotaurs and behemoths, there don't seem to be any formidable ones.

> The effect from GM Chain and Master Plate do not work against elemental damage either, but the elemental resistances from GM leather do.
Is it me or these sound pretty useless in the end, given how late you get these GMs? I've seen some in-depth discussions where people seemed to make accent on GM Plate, but with a lack of physical damage and knights' health it barely seems to make any difference. And GM Leather skill's bonus is really insignificant, especially when you can get "Of Protection" equipment which adds +10 to all resistances (I'm not even mentioning Day of Protection on light path).
>>
>>3511527
You get, or at least can get, plate master pretty early (doesn't require a single promotion). Chain GM on the other hand is really only useful for facing Behemoths and Minotaurs.
>>
>>3511537
Ah, my bad. I forgot it was master plate that halved physical damage, not GM. Makes more sense now. Early on it could help greatly.
>>
>>3511560
It's mildly useful, but as you mentioned Knights also get GM Body Building, so it's far less useful. Knights are already super powerful offensively and then get GM plate and Body Building for defense.

For anyone new to the game the suggested parties almost always include KCS and then something else. For that last slot a case can be made for a Knight, Monk, Paladin(light only), Archer, Thief, Cleric (dark only), or another Sorcerer.
>>
>>3508593
How about swordsmen, pikemen, archers and one knight hero against all of those, especially the tier 5 fuckers?
>>
>>3512001
Due to the perspective, we don't know how many of them hide behind the camera. But anyway, Titans won't be easy for them.
>>
>>3506452
Prerendered 3D just was the thing at the time. I think it had the opposite effect for Might & Magic 6 and 7 though; Characters in 6 look like a cheap FMV game while 7 looks more like a professional production.
>>
>>3512616
MM6 portraits look better than the potato 3D characters of 7
>talking shit about digitized portraits
>>
>>3512621
I'm not gonna fight over this, but I'm not gonna take back what I said either.
>>
>>3512621
> …something is out there. Something ejw'.
Why was pixelated cursive a thing
>>
>>3512632
It's kinda funny when you imagine him saying "ew" to 3D characters though.
>>
File: MM8.jpg (78KB, 659x480px) Image search: [Google]
MM8.jpg
78KB, 659x480px
>>3512621
To be honest, that's some great portrait. I more or less liked hero portraits in MM6, but NPCs look just weird to me.

In any case, I guess NWC was at the typical crossroads for '90s games: to go with plastic CG or FMV. They kind of went with both for MM6 and it looked pretty weird. So in the end going full CG added consistency, and saved me from getting nightmares.

But I'll never stop saying this, I think MM8 was when they truly had the best CG.
>>
So I got bow recovery to 5. It's a lot of fun
>>
>>3511130
Do not download WoG. It is depreciated, hasn't been updated for years and is also of questionable quality. If you want to try out mods, backup your h3 directory and pick...
>HotA
The first mod that added a new faction, but anons say it's imba
>ERA
Not really a mod - it's a modding platform that continues the work of WoG devs. Now every mod has its own folder so all mods built on ERA are compatible, just disable/enable the ones you want in the ERA menu. Currently it's the modding standard, see http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39062
You have mods that turn H3 into H2, that rework the visuals, turn the gameplay upside down and that crazy fuck Salamandre with his spectacularly autistic maps.
>VCMI
An another platform, seems to be more powerful than ERA but iirc is still in beta and not as popular.
>HD mod
Mandatory, just be careful with HD+ options that may clash with other mods.
>>
So I finally beat MM7 with my ranged party (ranger—2 archers—cleric) on light path. Big thanks to the anon who gave me advice, they pretty much made my run.

Overall—it will be hard going back to melee. Bows are very convenient and archers do make up for their weaker sides as they progress. The big downside of ranged combat though is that most enemies approach in zigzags, so arrows miss them from afar. But once they get hit, they simply can't get out of stun.

One major fuckup I made was that I didn't realize that Heroism didn't affect ranged attacks. So it was kinda wasted on my ranged party. Maybe I'm missing something, but looks like GM light magic wasn't as much help as I thought it would be.

In the end, if you know what you're doing, melee has a lot of advantages. Like Armasmaster/Unarmed enchantments, might stat effect, and Heroism, for instance. Bows can get to 5 recovery; but with normal means it is very hard. Without tricks I could only get it to 41. I could probably find bows of swiftness and so on, but it was too tedious.

Ranger was actually good, until archers got Bow GM. After that, I started wishing I simply had a 3rd archer. Now I get why the class is called shit all the time: no light/dark magic, no Armsmaster further than expert level, Axe GM which I'm still not sure if working or not, other useless skills like GM ID Monster. Maybe in single runs they do shine, but otherwise they're jacks of all trades, but masters of none.

So all in all, I need to make a choice now. Play MM6, or play through MM7 for the last time. Here are my ideas: choose dark path, try thief/paladin/sorcerer/your suggestion + no clerics.
>>
>>3513329
Also, some other afterthoughts… Ironically, the hardest part of the game was Emerald Island. It surprised me quite a bit how tough it was to get through it, and how many times I got killed by dragonflies. Ditto. I also completely forgot to choose the trivial skills like leather at party creation stage, this was quite an annoyance.

Shouldn't have multilooted the dragon for max challenge though—I kind of regret doing it. But it's not like I got very OP either—only for the first part of the game. Didn't even get AC/Disarm increasing items.

I never quite listened to people telling me to use Haste, Regeneration and Paralyze more. I regret doing this now. What stopped me was SP costs. But I forgot Haste was expert fire spell and cost just 5. Same with Regeneration, I used it on knights, but with clerics it healed surprisingly big chunks of damage—all for measly 5SP; I had to rely on Power Heal much less in result.

Paralyze seems really OP to me though… Pretty much instakill. With high enough Light magic level, it freezes enemies for nearly an hour, which is kinda ridiculous, even despite it fails sometimes. Well, something to handle those god damn queens of the dead, on the other hand.

Finally, never really managed to find bows of carnage. Not that I tired very hard, but still a pity.
>>
>>3513329
>So all in all, I need to make a choice now. Play MM6, or play through MM7 for the last time. Here are my ideas: choose dark path, try thief/paladin/sorcerer/your suggestion + no clerics.
There really isn't a good dark party with that combo. It's not like dark is hard with anything, but Shrapmetal is so ridiculously OP that nothing will compare with Clerics and Sorcerers.

If you wanted something to balance the team, you are probably looking at another melee knight, monk, or maybe another paladin (Paladins are much better light side because of Paralyze). You already have your spell schools covered.

>Play MM6, or play through MM7 for the last time
Obviously up to you, but you should consider playing the games in order at some point (and with HoMM 2/3). You should absolutely play MM6 eventually.

>>3513358
>the hardest part of the game was Emerald Island.
If you used the Day of the Gods pedestal and bows you won't have a problem.

>Finally, never really managed to find bows of carnage.
They are pretty hard to get, but they are amazing.
>>
>>3513329
> hasnt played mm6

stop whatever you are doing and play the goat.
>>
File: 1434327035913.png (28KB, 684x716px) Image search: [Google]
1434327035913.png
28KB, 684x716px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5TCsYKlgw
>we will never get a soundtrack like this again
>>
>>3513231
It's really fun when even blasters get outclassed by a team of shooters.
>>
>>3514387
To be honest, it's pretty obvious blasters can't hold up the candle to bows in the long run. Their skill only adds to attack which doesn't give you more damage, so you're forever stuck with 17–37 damage for rifles, 11–23 damage for blasters. Yeah, it's much easier to get them for your whole party, and with Haste you already have 5 recovery, but given how late it happens, it doesn't affect much. The max damage you get is 4x blaster rifles, so 68–148 damage with the whole team

By comparison, at max skill level, every one of my archers dealt 71–75 damage with each arrow, x2 because of double shot, so 140–150. So, one maxed out archer pretty much outclasses the whole team of blaster rifles. And I also grabbed "double damage against dragons" bows for Eofol specifically, shooting dragons down was like hunting dragonflies on Emerald Island. You can't enchant blasters, remember.

That said, my ranger still dealt 11–15 damage, albeit he had double shot too… I truly see no point in this class anymore.
>>
>>3513914
After 2 runs, I've turned the sound off entirely in MM7. First of all, the thriller violins on Emerald Island are spooky. Third, I've hear every tune in the game and they are all pretty sad and not super catchy, so I simply listen to some other albums I have. Lastly, I don't want to hear "but a scratch" or "that's the ticket" or "WWWWELCOME ABOOOARD!!!" for a millionth time.
>>
File: Shot3big.jpg (364KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shot3big.jpg
364KB, 800x600px
>>3513775
I don't know, it looks so weird. Fittingly, it reminds me of that Heroes 3 early screenshot.

The game looks neither like MM5/HoMM2 nor like MM7–8/HoMM3. As I mentioned, I don't recognize any enemies whatsoever. Everyone looks like generic mage guys/generic fighter guys, as if someone else tried to make artwork for MM game for NWC. Some of the monsters, like goblins or devils for example, look so ugly it's not even funny. Also, I've seen a speedrun of the game, and I must say, kreegan hive looks even uglier than it did in MM7.

Then there are all those NPC portraits of weird LARPing guys, FMV-style models photoshopped onto backgrounds, which trigger uncanny valley feeling all the time. The equipment is harshly pixelated, and presents a weird mix between realism and cartoon.

It's all in the looks really… It's not the graphics engine—playing MM7–8 I was prepared for its pixelated sprites—, but the very execution. It's just so terribly weird, yet it feels so muted compared to MM5 and even MM7–8. I feel there's a huge gap in terms of graphics quality between Heroes 3/MM7 and MM6.
>>
>>3515096
Is that supposed to be castle Ironfist in HoMM3 in that screenshot?
>>
>>3515103
I guess it was WIP and they took the mini-map from MM6 which came a year before.
>>
>>3515096
MM6 is the best RPG of 1998 and MM7 was a downgrade with way smaller dungeons, broken balancing, and a much buggier game. I don't know how anyone can argue the hardware accelerated blurry mess of MM7 looks better.
>>
>>3515212
you can still use software rendering in MM7
>>
>>3515212
>MM7 was a downgrade with way smaller dungeons
Because the dungeons that went on and on like the 3 castles and tomb of VARN are so much fun right
>>
>>3515237
Yes they were actually. Better than tiny cakewalks in a dungeon crawler.
>>
>>3515258
>in a dungeon crawler
Yeah, right. Early MM games were dungeons crawlers because of their design similar to Wizardry, but the game had overworld since MM2. In MM6, the game went to 3D—then what forced the series to base the whole design around dungeons?

In MM7, there's plenty to explore already. There are hidden altars, islands, houses and other stuff, which you can find while flying or exploring. If you know the map/locations well, you can get some very nice rewards.

I'm not saying MM7 is exemplary in that regard. There are many dungeons which are not very varied or come in straight lines. But, a lot of them were pretty fun, like the Maze for example. In any case, with so many skills to explore, I don't really mind that some of the dungeons are easy.
>>
>>3515258
I'd rather have a small engaging dungeon than a massive sprawl of nothing.
>>
>>3513485
> There really isn't a good dark party with that combo. It's not like dark is hard with anything, but Shrapmetal is so ridiculously OP that nothing will compare with Clerics and Sorcerers.
Looks like on dark path, it's all reduced to 4x Shrapmetal for max damage. Is it me or this doesn't allow for much interplay between classes like light magic? It's also weird to me there's no in between in the game: you either get basic light/dark or GM.

But anyway, all I have left to explore in the game are flawed classes: I'd really like to try thieves and paladins and see how they play. So I'm not going for max damage, just want to see some interesting interplay/combinations. Also, I've noticed there are some artifacts (like Ethric's staff and less so Old Nick) which come specifically for evil characters. So that's why I want dark path run (and obviously, I've had 2 light path runs already).

Does TPSS sound efficient? I think I'm not missing out on much this way. Thief sounds OK with sword/dagger and Armsmaster; master Merchant should give me more or less enough money, I will also have Disarm Trap and OK additions like Perception. Paladins should cover healing/buffing if alchemy fails, but don't seem good on damage. But then 2 Sorcerers will provide bulk damage with Shrapmetal, and I will separate elemental magic/alchemy skill between 2 of them.
>>
>>3515619
You get neither in M&M7
>>
File: thinly veiled contempt.png (17KB, 80x99px) Image search: [Google]
thinly veiled contempt.png
17KB, 80x99px
>>3515905
> continuing the "MM7 is bad" meme
>>
>>3515909
It's just not as good as the rest of the series except for 9.
>>
>>3515916
So… that's why I'm running for the 4th time through it, right? Because it has "tiny cakewalks in a dungeon crawler", "broken balancing", and looks like "blurry mess".
>>
>>3516029
Just don't even bother with him, guy has a hateboner over 7 even though by his own criteria 8 should be an even worse game.
>>
>>3516039
OK. I've seen few other disappointed reviews on the web though, but never got what they hated in the end. Of course MM7 has its flaws, but for me they never came close to overshadowing the game.
>>
>>3515820
>Looks like on dark path, it's all reduced to 4x Shrapmetal for max damage.
When it comes down to being the most powerful, it really does. Sure there are other ways to play, but Shrapmetal is so strong that nothing will really compete the second half of the game.

>. Is it me or this doesn't allow for much interplay between classes like light magic?
Well the issues here are that:
1) Basic Light > Basic Dark
2) GM Dark > GM Light
3) Light assists other classes
4) Dark largely only benefits the caster
5) The only classes that are any different between light and dark path are monks and light/dark casters.

In terms of what is actually more powerful:
Knights/Monks/Paladins/Archers are clearly stronger light side (because of buffing spells and/or Paralyze).
Sorcerers/Clerics are clearly stronger dark side, but because of GM protection from magic you almost have to take a Cleric either way.

This leaves: Thieves, Rangers, and Druids which don't really fit into either path particularly well. The problem is these classes are largely regarded as the weakest classes. Hybrids in general weren't balanced particularly well because of how much GM does in most skills.

Thieves and Rangers are probably stronger dark side simply because of how easy their promotions are, but since you don't learn any different skills you don't really lose much going light. Druids on the other hand just got screwed. The effect of the dragon egg (which already takes forever to get) is so small that it really doesn't feel worth it to get Warlock. If you got, Master Dark or say +10 all magic skills, then sure. Instead you get almost nothing, when the Arch Druid quest is trivial.
>>
>>3515237
are you seriously implying the dungeon design of MM6 was bad? tomb of varn was bad? do you have downs?
>>
>>3515820
I would go with another melee (Knight or a second Paladin for double GM mace), especially if you want a different playstyle. Basically you will be holding out until you learn Vampiric Weapon and then watching as no one on your team ever dies from anything other than instagib. Merchant might be annoying, but just make sure to try to sell stuff in Stone City after you kill the trogs until you really get it cranked up.

>Does TPSS sound efficient?
It would work, but I don't think that's really what you are looking for based on how you have been responding and acting over the last couple threads. The thief will be completely dead weight in that comp.
>>
>>3516147
>The thief will be completely dead weight in that comp.
Yeah, I guess my enthusiasm about Rangers quickly waned after I realized they simply don't get much potential after a certain threshold. My biggest fear is that with a thief, I'm simply getting another ranger…

I wonder though: I was thinking Disarm Trap would come in handy? I find it really convenient, especially for crammed spaces where you can't use Telekinesis, plus it's simply faster. I know, it's lazy, but Disarm Trap is a pretty rare skill. From my experience, expert in it is actually enough; the problem is, only monks and rangers get it. Archers do too, but only after the first promotion (despite what's written in the manual).

Still, I wonder about other aspects of the class too. Does Dagger GM have real benefits? I was thinking that I could put it in the left hand, and still keep attack/damage skill bonus. With 60 recovery, it's pretty easy to take it down to 30, right? I agree though knights/monks are far better in this, but still.
>>
>>3516147
>I would go with another melee (Knight or a second Paladin for double GM mace), especially if you want a different playstyle.
What's the paladins' endgame? On dark path I guess they won't do much damage anyway, since they have no Armsmaster further than expert and GM Mace doesn't give damage bonus. Chance to paralyze sounds interesting, but the question is, how often it happens?

> instagib.
I feel I've greatly overestimated its importance, at least on Light Path.

>Merchant might be annoying, but just make sure to try to sell stuff in Stone City after you kill the trogs until you really get it cranked up.
That's my big concern too… But on the other hand, Alchemy master is available very early for Sorcerers, and I will have Enchant Item when I really need cash. Plus, what about stealing with thief? I tried it, shops close when I steal from them and it sucks.
>>
>>3506428
Not to derail the thread or anything, but i bought master of magic on GoG and the game has like 20 second delays between turns when the CPU is calculating moves. Surely this is something I can fix? Any help welcome.
>>
>>3516118
>Well the issues here are that:
>1) Basic Light > Basic Dark
>2) GM Dark > GM Light
>3) Light assists other classes
>4) Dark largely only benefits the caster
>5) The only classes that are any different between light and dark path are monks and light/dark casters.
Yeah, I totally agree with all of those points.

> This leaves: Thieves, Rangers, and Druids which don't really fit into either path particularly well. The problem is these classes are largely regarded as the weakest classes. Hybrids in general weren't balanced particularly well because of how much GM does in most skills.

Yep, I also totally agree with this. Sad but true. I expected Ranger was like half knight, half archer; but instead the class felt like a quarter of a knight and a quarter of an archer, with total lack of potential. The gap between my ranger and both classes was just huge, and absolutely nothing made up for it. All of the skills I had, Archers/Cleric did better.

It's sad, but seems like my run is looking almost pointless. Feels like I've explored all the best classes, which have the most interesting skills. It's not like the rest is weak, it's just that they seem boring and without any potential. Sorcerers, Knights, Clerics and Archers have all the best skills/GMs in the game.
>>
>>3516269
Um, this is Heroes of Might and Magic thread, how can we help you?
>>
>>3516281
Um...you tell me cunt face.
>>
>>3516242
I tried to give you a party with the Ranger at its strongest when I said RAAC.
It just goes to show how terrible they are if you didn't like them even at their best.

Disarm is mildly useful, but since you will have regeneration anyway (once you kill Wromthrax) it isn't all that strong.

Stealing largely sucks, even if you steal successfully your reputation (and as a result the prices) get worse. If you have enough problems with gold that you feel you need to steal, you did something wrong.

GM dagger is mildly useful, but the point behind it is every skill point in dagger also increases the chance for a 3x proc from master. Especially without Light Magic, lowering recovery will be harder. Getting dagger to 30 recovery with Master Armsmaster is relatively trivial (which is the appeal of Thieves). The more I think about it, there really isn't ever a reason to pick up a Thief on Light path.

Paladins are all about mace skill. Even expert increases damage. Once you get mace to 30ish, every other attack with either stun or Paralyze. Since they can offhand a sword, they can put out a ton of damage. The problems with the class are expert armsmaster and not getting GM plate. They end up being so slow that they don't really compare to a knight and their healing misses out on the really powerful skills in GM body. If you use them light side, they have amazing damage and Paralyze/Destroy Undead on top of it. I personally have KPCS as my favorite team light side. On dark side it's basically enchant vampiric and watch as nothing can ever kill the Villain.

The only instagib that's really annoying is the Blaster Guy, and that's only because he can Eradicate more than 1 person at a time.
>>
>>3516306
>Paladins are all about mace skill. Even expert increases damage
My bad, the FAQ I read had a mistake. Gotta find another sheet for skills.

> misses out on the really powerful skills in GM body.
How's Regeneration master vs GM? Also, I planned to use alchemy much more for the run: visit Clanker's Lab as soon as possible and get cooking. Maybe take +8 Alchemy NPC too.
>>
>>3516361
>How's Regeneration master vs GM
About half strength if I remember right. It's not insignificant, but it isn't massive the way GM is. You also lose out on Power Cure and GM Protection from Magic. As I've said before, Paladins and Druids should have gotten GM body.
>>
>>3516118
> 3) Light assists other classes
> Knights/Monks/Paladins/Archers are clearly stronger light side (because of buffing spells and/or Paralyze).
On a second thought, I've been wondering about this. Of course only dumping points in Light seems more efficient. But when it comes to details, I have some questions. I might be wrong here, but after 2 runs I can't help but have my doubts.

First of all, Hour of Power. It casts Bless, Heroism, Haste, Stone Skin and Shield at once. While they last much longer than normal spells, their effect isn't Light skill x5, it's only x1. And in any case, most of the time, I have more than enough time to finish a dungeon before the spells run out.

For Haste, skill doesn't even influence the effect: it always gives -25 recovery. Of course I will have to recast it often, but it costs just 5 and is an expert fire spell. And Heroism/Bless I can cast with the same effect with spirit magic. Stone Skin is pretty irrelevant.

Second, I also don't see that much point in Day of the Gods, in the late game. The bonus you get for it is not so big, compared to the effort you dump into it. Skill scaling in 100–399 range is not just garbage, it's ridiculously slow.

Third, Day of Protection. Now this is perhaps the most useful one, as casting 6 spells is simply tedious to begin with, and it uses not 2, but 6 school spells, and 5 points of protection instead of 4 is 25% better. Here, I agree largely. But on the other hand, nothing will still protect against dark/light magic. Also, knowing the enemy type, it's still possible to cast needed protection. The toughest part is mind damage though, as Mind skill is largely useless; but in a pinch, potions can do. They don't require skill, and with philosopher's stones they can easily surpass 60 skill points in Light. Tedious, but still possible.

Is my logic flawed here? I only see huge benefit from Divine Intervention, as it can turn Sorcerers into healers, and of course Paralyze.
>>
>>3516426
The point is you don't have to split skill points across Fire, Spirit, Air, and even get some freebies. You can dump them all into one skill so the effect gets much stronger much faster and can be done by only 1 caster. Stats do scale poorly, but it isn't like they stop scaling. Until 250, you still get a boost at least fairly regularly. The other issue here is that the effect of extra recovery reduction increases as you get closer to cap. Going from 110 to 100 is minor. Going from 45 to 35 is major. The effect of speed alone can easily make it worth the points. You also get Day of Protection. The last thing to note is you are guaranteed an item of Light Magic (the Evermorn Cloak).

On top of all this you are also increasing Destroy Undead, Paralyze, Prismatic Light, and even Sunray ranked up effectively for free (in terms of skill points) for the caster.
>>
File: stat effect scaling MM7.png (92KB, 1214x1042px) Image search: [Google]
stat effect scaling MM7.png
92KB, 1214x1042px
>>3516471
> The point is you don't have to split skill points across Fire, Spirit, Air, and even get some freebies.
But as I said, talking about Hour of Power, you don't really need to spend points on fire or air. The effect will be the same, albeit last shorter.

Spirit seems useless, on the one hand. On the other, it has some mildly useful spells along with Spirit Lash. I thought it was pretty cool when my cleric, instead of missing all the time, dealt 100 damage to Titans—more than my monks, because of the enemy's physical resistance.

> You can dump them all into one skill so the effect gets much stronger much faster and can be done by only 1 caster.
Really, the best Hour of Power benefits are all from spirit spells. (for Day of Protection the story is different though).

> Stats do scale poorly, but it isn't like they stop scaling. Until 250, you still get a boost at least fairly regularly.
From 50 to 250, a stat's effect increases by 1 for every 25 points. So, at GM level, every 5 points in Light Magic is -1 speed, +1 damage, +1 melee/ranged attack, and some unimportant SP/HP bonus. This sounds really ineffective, I'd much rather get damage and attack with Heroism/Bless, and speed with Haste.

Now the most complicated thing. Getting stats to 50–100 (9–10 effect) isn't that hard, but not so much beyond that. The next 350 or so stat points give only 11 effect, or 20 effect in total.

At absolute maximum, Light Magic level 60, you get +300 to each stat with DotG. But it still won't reach the sweet spot of 400–500 which scale much better (see picrelated). So in the end, the likely max bonus from Day of the Gods is -10 speed, and that's at max level, if you use the well .

So I think it's only ever useful to archers. Everyone else should probably, likely, get to 30 recovery by that point with Armsmaster enchantments. But then there's Speed Boost+philosopher's stone.
>>
>>3516471
>Going from 110 to 100 is minor. Going from 45 to 35 is major. The effect of speed alone can easily make it worth the points.
I might be wrong here, but on my runs, getting 30 recovery wasn't a real problem for monks/knights. Armsmaster enchantments did their job, the rest was taken away by speed stat effect (9–10 points) or at least Haste. I realize this won't work for paladin, probably. But still, even considering his base mace recovery of 80, 80-25-10 is 45. Taking this to 30 needs a pretty average Armsmaster enchantment.

> The effect of speed alone can easily make it worth the points.
This is what I am actually doubting, see points above.

> The last thing to note is you are guaranteed an item of Light Magic (the Evermorn Cloak).
Yes, this one is actually quite a goof point. But there's also Ghost Ring in the haunted house (returning to my point about Spirit having Heroism and Bless).

> Day of Protection
Now this, as I said, is perhaps the most obvious benefit of Light to me. It will be hard to give it up. I might think of some strategy but something tells me I'm too lazy to do bother with anything else.

> On top of all this you are also increasing Destroy Undead, Paralyze, Prismatic Light, and even Sunray ranked up effectively for free (in terms of skill points) for the caster.
Here I mostly agree. However, the first two are basic light spells. Of course the recovery is slower on basic, but they don't get stronger with GM alone, only with level. Also, 1 hour and 2 hour Paralyze is not a big difference.

Prismatic Light deals 25+1*skill damage. Doesn't scale well at all. I tried it in the Pit. Helped get rid of ghosts, otherwise too weak.

Sunray I used only in one location: Eofol, and then again it didn't fare that well while eating my mana away (and I only killed Devils with it for Devil Ichor; completely unnecessary task). Being an outside-only spell kills it completely. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know little use for it.
>>
>>3516548
I think you might be right on recovery. Something that just occurred to me is that in the older versions haste was completely bugged but Hour of Power worked fine. This may be why I'm remembering things differently. Making up that extra 25 recovery is damn near impossible for anything but a knight.

You can cap without the well since you only need to hit 40. Knowing this I usually stack speed items.

>Everyone else should probably, likely, get to 30 recovery by that point with Armsmaster enchantments.
Most weapons start around 100. Even with haste (25), speed (11), and armsmaster (20) you are still quite a way off from cap. Monks start off close enough to cap from unarmed that the effect doesn't matter. It's a DPS decrease to use a staff.

>>3516601
I usually add plate recovery time for Paladins.

Prismatic Light is also useful for clearing out the Wine Cellar.
>>
>>3513280
>The first mod that added a new faction, but anons say it's imba
Sure, Cove is somewhat OP, but the existing OP factions (Necropolis and Conflux) are nerfed a bit. Plus there's a lot of extra content like new artifacts and creature banks that makes the mod overall worthwhile even if Cove is a mary sue faction.
>>
File: polite.png (593KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
polite.png
593KB, 700x714px
>>3516286
>>
>>3516962
What's the biggest problem with cove?
Cannon?
Pihratehs copying Gorgon deathstare?
>>
>>3516971
It's been a while since I played HotA because I can't get it to run with HD for some reason, but if I recall correctly, the main things were the Pirates' ranged Death Stare, Nixes being absolute defensive tanks and Sorceresses casting spells. The cannon isn't that bad because, while powerful, ideally you'd want to use it early game, and in early game the cannon's pretty expensive.
>>
>>3516975
Oh yeah, Sorceresses shouldn't cast spells with each shot, there should be lower chances for this.

Imho Nixes are as good at tanking as other tanks, but that's maybe because I am total shit at this game.
>>
>>3516620
> Most weapons start around 100.
From GrayFace's site:
Staff: 100
Sword: 90
Dagger: 60
Axe: 100
Spear: 80
Bow: 100
Mace: 80
Blaster: 30

So, he says the ones starting from 100 are staves, axes and bows. Sword comes close with 90, though.

> I usually add plate recovery time for Paladins.
Yep, that's an important point. Plate adds 30 of base recovery, and it's halved at expert, right? So it should be 15, if I'm not mistaken.

Let's see… 80 + 15 [plate] - 25 [Haste] - 10 (speed stat effect) = 60. Yeah, looking at it, it adds up quite a bit…

My first thought to lower it would be Armsmaster bonus items. The best Armsmaster enchantment I've found was +17, my guess is that it's capped at that level, plus you likely already have the skill on expert (4). So, if you equip an item with said enchantment, that leaves 39 recovery, which is not all that much but still not perfect.

Now, this can also be lowered, but harder. You could dump more points into Armsmaster to get it to lvl 13 (that'd cost another 81 skill points to be exact), it's a bit wasteful, but you also get attack bonus (though it's not so important with Bless). I don't really know how "Of Swiftness" mace recovery would calculate, GrayFace said he fixed it in MM6 but no word about MM7.

By comparison, Day of the Gods would give -9 recovery only at about Light Magic lvl 45. So, at base lvl 30 with Evenmorn cloak. This requires 465 skill points. Of course it would give other bonuses, but they won't be nearly as significant as those from Hour of Power. Still, I guess there's no big difference between 30–35, I'd settle for it because of the diminished returns from Light skill.
>>
>>3516620
>haste was completely bugged but Hour of Power worked fine
I can only imagine the struggle of getting 30 recovery on dark path before the patch
>>
Mouthbreather of the year
>>
>>3517295
I feel like everyone on that island is a little slow, maybe its incest.
>>
File: Sandro_imprissoned.jpg (123KB, 771x407px) Image search: [Google]
Sandro_imprissoned.jpg
123KB, 771x407px
>>3517305
Don't know, the guy who hid in the temple killing others was pretty cunning. But yeah, being far away from Antagarich didn't play well for them.

Speaking of which, Sandro was one clever motherfucker. Or maybe it's the people he's worked with who weren't clever enough? He wisely chose Crag Hack. Could've gone very far.
>>
Anyone knows especially advantageous dual-wielding setups for MM7? So far, I know only one: 2x vampiric weapons.

Most other stuff I see does not look super advantageous when you have Heroism/Bless. Plus, if you have a dagger in the left hand, only Dagger skill will add to attack/damage—same with swords. So no damage bonus in both cases for most classes.
>>
>>3517341
>Don't know, the guy who hid in the temple killing others was pretty cunning.
Except for the fact that he can't see the giant red wall hiding the Moon Temple tile that doesn't even require Perception to see.

>>3517305
Malwick is the biggest idiot. Sure I could take that wand in exchange for a later favor, or I could not be retarded and pull a ton of Dragonflies onto you.

>>3517460
1 Vampiric or Darkness, 1 of the Dragon.
>>
>>3518036
>1 Vampiric or Darkness, 1 of the Dragon.
I'm a bit confused. For dual wielding, do both enchantments on weapons work together? So if I have, say, 1 vampiric weapon and another one adding +12 body damage, will they stack? What about 2 adding +12 body damage?

Also, IIRC, you can still buy vampiric weapons in the Pit on light path, is that correct? Just curious. Might use it for future plays
>>
File: fucking shame.png (6KB, 78x65px) Image search: [Google]
fucking shame.png
6KB, 78x65px
RPGClassics is down. Saving their skill tables from Google cache

I wonder if the whole site is over 100mb
>>
>>3518061
The effect of vampiric only affects the weapon it is enchanted to. You really only need it for 1 weapon unless you are either taking a ridiculous amount of damage.

The +dmg stacks, if you have 2 +12 body damage then it's +24 body damage if both weapons hit. This is why dual wielding is so important. Dragon+Vampiric means the vampiric weapon returns the hp and the dragon weapon has +25 might and also adds 10-20.

>Also, IIRC, you can still buy vampiric weapons in the Pit on light path, is that correct?
What? No. There is a guaranteed vampiric sword dropped in Setag's Tower during the Hero quest, but other than that you have to find them as drops on light path.
>>
>>3518072
>The +dmg stacks, if you have 2 +12 body damage then it's +24 body damage if both weapons hit.
Holy shit, I didn't know this. This potentially makes daggers so much more useful. You're right, dual wielding might be great, gotta try it out more.

> What? No. There is a guaranteed vampiric sword dropped in Setag's Tower during the Hero quest, but other than that you have to find them as drops on light path.
Hm, maybe I was wrong… It was a long time ago. On my first run on dark path, I think I saw some weapons on sale there, but I might be completely wrong on it. So I assumed on light path they could still be there. I wonder if Enchant Item or orange ore could give me one.

William Setag is Bill Gates with last name spelt backwards
>>
>>3518106
> William Setag is Bill Gates with last name spelt backwards
I always forget how much he was hated in the 90's for how ruthless he was, but now everyone loves him because he gives money to Africa or some shit.
>>
>>3518106
Vampiric is too high level of an enchant to do it yourself (level 5, enchant is 3 for master and 4 for GM). It's possible you might find them in the Pit, but it would be as just a random chance although I don't remember what weapon enchant level is in the Pit. If you can find "of infernos" or "of ice" then there is probably a chance for vampiric.

>>3518114
It was as much Jobs being an ass as anything else that repaired Gates' image. We're at the point where hipsters can buy Microsoft phones just to be contrarian.
>>
>>3518106
Stalt would absolutely work and might even give darkness (which is vampiric AND swiftness). Erudite should work, but will take a lot longer. It's not like you have anything to do with the stalt from the Arcomage quest otherwise.
>>
>>3518217
Pretty sure Vampiric is level 6 which would require Stalt.
>>
File: hahaSandro.jpg (100KB, 469x607px) Image search: [Google]
hahaSandro.jpg
100KB, 469x607px
Necro has best memes. Post 'em.
>>
>>3518254

Stronghold needs more memes
>>3476705 and >>3475218 were a good start
>>
File: Cart of Ore.jpg (194KB, 969x601px) Image search: [Google]
Cart of Ore.jpg
194KB, 969x601px
Anytime I see this I think of that ridiculous mspaint.
>>
>>3519262
I wish there were more mspaint drawings of absurd situations in HoMM
>>
>>3519314
Like what?
Shipwreck survivor with admiral's hat?
>>
>>3519325
Isn't the Admiral's hat a relic class item? Can shipwreck survivors even give those?
>>
>>3519327
iirc you can program them, can't you?
>>
>>3519329
ya
>>
>>3519602
shit, I need to gather enough enthusiasm to finish my economic map...
but maybe not today
>>
>>3517152
>The best Armsmaster enchantment I've found was +17, my guess is that it's capped at that level

cap is 17 for your own enchantments. Stuff off titans and dragons goes up to 25
>>
>>3519881
For armsmaster? No, drops are capped at 12. Disarm, Alchemy, and Identify are up to 25.
>>
>>3519952
I've gotten armsmaster +22 or +24 from dragons in eeofol
>>
>>3520175
same
>>
>>3520175
In mods sure, in the base game no.
>>
>>3520187
It was greyface patch, which i'm pretty sure doesn't change that at all.

On plate, btw.
>>
>>3520175
>>3520186
I've been trying for a very long time, couldn't get it. Of course could be bad luck, but I had been multilooting for quite some time.

If you have a screenshot, please share.
>>
>>3508045
>mmo
I'm not saying an MMO is impossible to make well, but there is not a current style of MMO that I would want M&M turned into.

>blizzard art style
Fuck off.

>two faction pvp
No.
>>
MM7 question: late game enemies like Titans/Behemoths have armor/weapon break. Harden Item potion prevents it. But does the potion power affect anything? Can a hardened item be broken at all by the enemy?
>>
>>3522016
Maybe the potion power is related to how long the item is unbreakable, for example a pp of 15 would give the item unbreakable for 15 minutes.
>>
>>3522016
>But does the potion power affect anything?
No, it's the same thing as potion power for cure weakness. It carries over to higher level potions (such as if you create a divine power from it), but has no effect on the potion itself.
>>
>>3522029
OK, thanks. And is the item completely unbreakable after it's hardened?
>>
File: 1379768099009.png (615KB, 1587x600px) Image search: [Google]
1379768099009.png
615KB, 1587x600px
>>3519262
>>3519314
>>3519325

Say no more f@m
>>
So far in MM7 paladin actually seems OK. Plate is a big plus early on, and getting master seems piss easy. On the other hand, needing the first promotion to even get expert Body/Spirit is really annoying, and they get very little SP. So, at least so far they seem alright.
>>
>>3523216

self magic is mostly garbage. you miss out on GM armsmaster meaning you deal half the damage of a knight, who winds up healing way more than you anyway once he gets a vampiric weapon. Pointless to do anything other than kkcs or aaac, except maybe a monk, just for funsies (in terms of having a strong party. You can beat the game with any party.
>>
>>3515096
>>3515103
>>3515112
>dat minimap fog
How the fuck did they manage that in MM6?
>New Sorpigal entry point fogged off
>Stables fogged off
>Ships fogged off
Starting boat to Mist then BB and then just walking south?
>>
>>3523506
Yes, no arguing here. But just to give the context: I've recently beaten the game for the third time and decided to make a slightly different run. My previous runs were:

1) KMDC, dark path
2) MMSC, light path
3) RAAC, light path

So you can see I've never tried some classes, namely thief and paladin, so I wanted to finally do that. Also, I got tired of clerics and light magic, and decided to use something different. So I made a PTSS party, with dark path in mind. Paladin partially fills the role of the cleric for my run.

So basically, I'm trying new things and in addition making a challenge for myself, that's why I chose paladin. He isn't as strong as other classes of course, but pretty interesting to play nonetheless. A knight is the strongest combat class, but at the same time very one-sided: he has no magic and his misc skills are capped too low to be useful. So to me, it's a pretty boring class to play.
>>
>>3523216
Paladin is not a bad class. It's in the same tier as monks. They have uses, but knights will always outclass them due to scaling.

The mace stun is lots of fun though.
>>
File: 1456889102569.jpg (721KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1456889102569.jpg
721KB, 3000x2000px
Oh good, a new HoMM thread. Time to summon Alex!
>>
Also, to add to this: I think knight doesn't really have any variety. MM7 skill system gives nice and varied combat spells, but when it comes to weapons, you're mostly stuck with 1 attack repeated forever. It's a little bit sad there are no special actions/abilities, like e.g. shield bash and such. Of course this isn't Diablo, but not a turn-based dungeon crawler either.

Of course you could tinker with different skills, but the best combos for knights are very obvious, namely spear + sword.

Also, maybe in the end "pure" might or "pure" magic classes are more efficient than mixed ones. But this also means that you will have a ~900HP knight together with a ~200 HP cleric who will easily die from one unlucky Dragon Breath. And frankly speaking, I got really tired of clerics garbage damage on light path.
>>
>>3523813
The central problem with knights is that GM armsmaster is more than enough, but they also get GM body building (should go to monks) and GM plate (should go to Paladins). This gives them not only an amazing offense, but the best defense in the game on top of it.
>>
>>3515096
>waaah this game looks different from later games in the series!
Faggot.
>>
File: photo.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
Hey /vr/, any reason why there aren't any turn-based heroes-like games being made aside from UbiShit?

I get that TBS lost its appeal a decade and a half ago, but there clearly is still a market for good games of the genre if heroes is still this popular.

Wouldn't it also be relatively easy to make? I get that AAA devs don't wanna touch it, but wouldnt a GOOD indie turn-based fantasy game do really well?
>>
>>3524917
Age of Wonders 3 came out several years ago, did well as far as I know.
>>
>>3524917
People have moved on to superior Dominions
>>
Ubisoft Might & Magic franchise is finally dead so...
Imagine that you have your own game dev company and you bought rights for Might & Magic franchise from Ubisoft
The only snag is that your games must be done on new world/universum so no Enroth, Axeoth etc
How your Homm/MM game would look like, story, armies, ideas etc
>>
>>3524917
>if heroes is still this popular.
'This' popular? It's not very popular really. VI has also bankrupted its dev, and VII is getting shit on from all sides. You call this popular?

PC has been a piracy shithole for years now. So no one makes PC games aside from few remaining mammoths of the industry like Blizzshit and different European studios who had the misfortune to choose strategies as their main product. PC only gets console ports, and making a TBS for consoles is something few if any Western devs have tried.

> but there clearly is still a market for good games of the genre.
Really? TBS is close to being as popular as point-and-click adventure at this point. You could as well ask for another old school Full Throttle/Broken Sword. Not even indie devs touch the genre very often.

Of all genres that used to be associated with PC, there is clearly a demand only for FPS, RPGs, MMORPG and MOBA. Few surviving strategy devs make games which require no big expenses on graphics, like Paradox. Other few remaining studios like Total War devs have big and active fanbases, plus a selling point (thousands of units onscreen). Same with Blizzcucks who have a legion of 17 trillion Koreans ready to buy new Starcraft games.

And they're lucky, very lucky indeed. Look at C&C, Age of Empires, Sim City—the list goes on. Making a strategy game in 2016 is going against the current, slowly committing your own commercial suicide. The golden age of strategies is gone, and even then, Heroes III was popular but not THAT popular back in the day.
>>
File: yvl81rm6igwwchwzvzu7.png (124KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
yvl81rm6igwwchwzvzu7.png
124KB, 620x413px
>>3524917
Palm Kingdoms
>>
>>3525372
If I ever was making HoMM game I'd take what's best from all other TBS games there are.

>imagine Heroes, but with Civ twist.
>>
>>3525395

shit
>>
>>3525405
At least It'd have hexes somewhere
>>
>>3525372
Setting doesn't matter that much. Just make something not as bland as Ashan and bring back the campy fantasy/sci-fi feel for M&M and HoMM. Gameplay remains mostly the same with quality of life improvements and better balance.
>>
Just got HoMM2 on GOG. Is there a way to not have the map chug when moving around the overworld or is it just like that?
>>
>>3525372
Invite JVC. The end

If it's not the option… Well, I'd make two versions of the game: 1 with Heroes II art style, the other with 3D characters (but not Warcraft/Starcraft style like ubishit).

Gameplay-wise, I'd change the might/magic hero balance. Giving might characters wisdom and all the best buffs is wrong IMO, so I'd nerf them. I have an idea: along with melee/ranged units, add caster units like in HoMMIV. They know some of the spells a hero knows, capped at certain level (so e.g. lvl 7 knows all of the spells, but lvl 1 knows only magic arrow). Number of creatures acts as spell power. This way, magic heroes would still get stronger with bigger armies.

Then, to make the game closer to M&M RPGs, I think I'd introduce promotions for heroes, each one adding more skill slots or allowing to advance skills further. I'd also add self/elemental magic and light/dark spells too, only available for the most powerful magic towns and heroes like dungeon/warlocks. Next, give more guilds to each town instead of just one, with less random stuff.

Finally, I'd try to eliminate different mechanics which look really tedious to me, like hero supply chaining. Artifact/army exchange would end both heroes' turns for the day.
>>
>>3525470
>Number of creatures acts as spell power.

What a piece of shit

>dark spells too, only available for the most powerful magic towns and heroes like dungeon/warlocks.

Nice shit ballance

>give more guilds to each town

What?
>>
Hope I'm not unintentionally stirring shit, but what would be the best Might&Magic game for someone who has never played the series, but likes very difficult, open-ended RPGs with lots of freedom?
>>
>>3525678
Start at 1 if that's what you are looking for. The series gets much more casual friendly once it hits 3.

Also read the OP pastebin which talks about the different generations.
>>
>>3525784
Thanks.

Yeah, sorry, I should've read the pastebin. I somehow didn't even notice it. I feel kinda silly now.
>>
>>3525678
> very difficult
I think Wizardry 4 might be more down your alley. From what I've heard 1 and 2 could be hardest M&M games, but they quite are old (the first one turned 30 this year). Newer games (6 and 7) are not even close to this criteria; to give you the idea, they start with parties of 4 characters, but people are beating them solo and even on lvl 1 for challenge.

But just in case you meant "complex", then they might be what you're looking for—in terms of gameplay. In terms of plot/world, they aren't really super deep or immersive.

> open-ended RPGs with lots of freedom
Depends on what kind of "freedom" you mean. If you want lots of branching dialogs, non-linear plot and world that changes with your actions, you can safely forget about M&M and never even think of it again: it's not a "plot/world building" RPG at all, it's centered on gameplay. That said, if you want diverse classes, a great control over your character development and a freedom of world exploration, then you might want to give it a chance. But I assume that's not what you meant.
>>
>>3525678
Might and Magic series isn't that hard. Mandate of heaven is the most challenging out of 6-8 though (and also the best one) and a good starting point.
>>
I'm on the final mission of Restoration of Erathia, not sure which item to chose. Any suggestions?

Also, wish me good luck.
>>
>>3526625
>implying we remember
Post a screenshot of your options.

As I remember it's irrelevant as long as you aren't retarded and already have Dimension Door.
>>
>>3526715
Spellbinder's Hat
Tome of Earth Magic
Helmet of Heavenly Enlightenment
>>
>>3526728
You shouldn't need the first two if you're on the last mission since you should have all of the important spells, take the helm.
>>
Anyone here have a clue on how to set up dosbox on android? I can't for the life of me figure out how to install games. Because the guide doesn't mention how to assign directories as mountable.

I really want to play Homm2 on the go.
>>
>>3526728
If you have dimension door and town portal like you should then the helm. Otherwise get the hat for fly, implosion, and dimension door.
>>
>>3526734
>>3526765
Thanks, anons. I'll give it a try.
>>
File: h3.gif (612KB, 390x278px) Image search: [Google]
h3.gif
612KB, 390x278px
>>3518254
>>
>>3508045
I've played HoMM:O (by TQDigital) and it was awesome
>>
File: homm.jpg (110KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
homm.jpg
110KB, 640x479px
>>3525470
>Arifact/army exchange would end both heroes' turns for the day

Nope
>>
File: High Scores.jpg (90KB, 564x669px) Image search: [Google]
High Scores.jpg
90KB, 564x669px
>Play map that showed up in the last thread
>Takes almost a fucking year, twice as much as any other map I've played
>Still ends up being one of my best scores
Well shit
>>
>>3527214
To each his own, this is just how I'd do it.

I'm sick of high level players and their autistic strategy of juggling their army between their heroes, then maximizing movement points by giving their main hero only high-speed units at the end of the turn. At least there should be a movement penalty for exchanging artifacts/army. Since Heroes still doesn't have simultaneous turns, this kind of army juggling makes the game even longer. It has been inconvenient as fuck in H3, HD mod made it easier to an extent but still it's very inconvenient in its core.

To me, H3 is a micromanagement hell if you play it this way. I'm not kidding. I'm sick of keeping track of my 8 randomly generated heroes, what equipment/skills they have, and what I need to built in my #4 dungeon city descriptively named "Blackshire". I go away for a week, I can't remember what I did in the game and where I stopped, because there's a hundred things I needed to keep track of.

So yes, H3 is not the game for me.
>>
>>3527279
I will never stop shilling for TEW2, that map is a mandatory playthrough for anyone who likes HoMM3 single player, the attention to detail could have textbooks written about it.

Rest of the TEW series is great too.
>>
>>3527289
Play maps that focus on a single hero. Stuff like Lord of War or Adventures of Jared Haret. Aforementioned TEW2 is about building Maximus up. If you're not grokking score out, you will only need your main hero and maybe some specialists like Logistics specialist or Intelligence specialist.

When I play with 8 heroes I mostly relegate them to flagging mines and not juggling armies; you don't need autistic chaining to win balanced SP maps.

That and I like doing stuff like putting fast units on a magic hero and having him romp through the map Lightning Bolting everything and clearing mines. Speeds up the overall game while not being too micro-anal.
>>
File: grLwJpX.png (709KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
grLwJpX.png
709KB, 800x600px
ded thread
>>
File: eoe.png (1MB, 1920x1021px) Image search: [Google]
eoe.png
1MB, 1920x1021px
Don't worry folks the map is still in progress
>>
>>3529030
this is a single player map with HoTA right?
>>
>>3529034
It can be multi
>>
How the fuck does combat in Might and Magic 6 work? Do I just mash the button? Should I get everyone bow skills?

Also, should I get 7-9?
>>
>>3529297
You hold the attack button and you don't run.

> Should I get everyone bow skills?
It's useful in the beginning, not so much late game.

> Also, should I get 7-9?
7—I'd say absolutely. 8—if you don't get enough after VII or get it for cheap.

But 9—no. It was basically unfinished alpha of the game, released only because the publisher was going bankrupt and was looking for the last straw. Fans tried to make it playable but it's still not there, it's has too many bugs which makes it barely playable. Don't try it unless you are prepared to play a half-finished game and be very, very disappointed.
>>
>>3529297
>Should I get everyone bow skills?

It's actually "mandatory" skill if you want to make fights easy, just don't give any skill points to it
>>
>>3525395

You mean Fall From Heaven?
>>
>>3529381
>Fall From Heaven
I think I've played something from those people.
Felt like it had elements of non TBS way too overblown to be good TBS
>>
>>3529297
A to attack with melee when up close or bow from a distance, B to skip turn, S to cast spell or shoot bow if no spell is assigned to quickslot. Also when fighting in realtime mode hold shift to walk while fighting for faster recovery. Bows are great in the early game.
>>
>>3529317
9 isn't the worst game ever like some people make it out to be it still has some of that NWC charm. It's not as good as the rest of the series though.
>>
>>3529431
God forbid you start from it. I guess people seem curious and assume that since IX was the last game, it should've been the best and most modern one. It also is in full polygonal 3D so I guess many would pick it over rather outdated-looking MM6–8. Of course they think 9 is a full finished product which passed bug testing and all—after all, nothing suggests otherwise.

When in fact some of the devs said that if it was for him, the game would've never been released, at least in the state it was (pretty much alpha).
>>
>>3527289
I just play more recklessly and definitely not on the highest difficulty. The autism strategy isn't for me either; I'd rather lose 8 Goblings in a play instead of making like 5 separate stacks each time I fight something.
>>
I'm really surprised there's no fan made sequels using the 6-8 engine.
Is it really that hard to mod?
>>
File: M&M X.jpg (94KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
M&M X.jpg
94KB, 640x480px
>>3529529
A lots of guys tried and everything failed.
>>
>>3529551
what the fuck
>>
>>3529529
>>3529572
Be careful what you wish for
>>
>>3529529
TCC and Rev4 are the only mods that are more than just spawn/stat/skill rebalances but still worth playing.
>>
>>3529551
I'd still play it if the dungeons are good.

>>3529529
I remember some webms of a guy doing a game like MM6-8 in Unreal engine.
>>
>>3529529
There are a couple but they are in Chinese and untranslated.
>>
>>3518270
the memes got deleted? what the fuck 4chan...

i love this game but i never start my lans early enough

they usually start around 8 and everyone loses steam in 2 hours
>>
>>3530081
The thread probably dropped off 4chans archive, it can still be found on the off site archive.
>>
File: Crag Hack.png (284KB, 672x586px) Image search: [Google]
Crag Hack.png
284KB, 672x586px
>>3530081
It fell off the archive. This is normal, just like the OP "old thread" link is dead now too.
>>
File: Costanza Crag Hack.jpg (56KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza Crag Hack.jpg
56KB, 600x450px
>>3530106
>>
>>3506448
>not recruiting what you can't afford to lose at the end of every month
>>
>>3519262
I like to think of that artifact as a miniature Antagarich Edition Monopoly token.
inb4 antagarich monopoly board
>>
>>3530380
>castles instead of properties
>dwellings instead of houses and hotels
>windmill and watermill instead of piping and electricity
>gates replace rail stations
>PLAGUE WEEK inc. as taxes
>pandora boxes and chests as those pesky cards

Tbh, it should be doable in game,
>>
>>3530934
Some autist actually could make such a mod.
>>
File: crag hack offense time.jpg (42KB, 362x442px) Image search: [Google]
crag hack offense time.jpg
42KB, 362x442px
>>3518270
Here you go
>>
>>3531434
how hard would it be to mod homm3? how easy would it be with modern tech?
>>
File: meme.png (390KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
390KB, 640x480px
nice
>>
File: ldrwvj.png (373KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ldrwvj.png
373KB, 640x480px
>>3532908
>click on torch in corner of room
>get "hand axe of the gods"
>>
>>3532908
That's been a in game meme since all the way back at MM2. They berserked and could attack everyone, but would die after their attacks.
>>
File: YkVbq.jpg (143KB, 966x632px) Image search: [Google]
YkVbq.jpg
143KB, 966x632px
>>3533525
I like how the devs got so butthurt at a negative MM2 review they added the reviewer to MM3 as an enemy.
>>
>>3533556
The shitlords.
>>
>>3533556
jvc is the goat
>>
>>3517305
The lore deepens
>>
File: gavin magnus.png (19KB, 127x100px) Image search: [Google]
gavin magnus.png
19KB, 127x100px
What the fuck is wrong with his face? He looks like a wooden puppet.
>>
File: unmpressed mace teacher MM7.png (10KB, 71x81px) Image search: [Google]
unmpressed mace teacher MM7.png
10KB, 71x81px
Expert Mace teacher from MM7 looks like he's utterly unimpressed with my world-saving bullshit
>>
>>3534085
>>3534093
That's early 3D graphics for you.
>>
>>3534085
Did you play HoMM4? He basically was.

>>3534093
>Using the mace
>For damage
>On anything but a paladin
>>
>>3534146
>Did you play HoMM4? He basically was.
He went crazy after his "death" in the Reckoning. He was alright before, founded Bracada and did other lawful good things.
>>
File: wut.png (28KB, 195x99px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
28KB, 195x99px
>>3534139
That's the thing… The rest of the portraits in MM7 look fine. Only Magnus has weirdly angular face.
>>
>>3534265
magnus' face was just screencapped from a video cutscene. The nicer faces are still renders.
>>
so i installed homm3 from the mega link but didnt see any options in game. how can I change the resolution/go windowed if possible? thanks
>>
>>3534762

Hd mod
>>
ALEXANDRA I LOVE U
>>
File: 1474622710593.gif (761KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474622710593.gif
761KB, 1087x720px
>>3535512
FUCK YOU FAGGOT

I LOVE YOU MORE ALEXANDRA LET'S GROW OLD TOGETHER

>polite gentleman's sage

my apologies to HoMM regulars, we have a crossboard problem that will be resolved shortly
>>
>>3535529
A-alex is that you ?

I love you so much
>>
I love you, Alex.
>>
I love you Alex
>>
love you alex
>>
I love you Alex

Praise Kek!
>>
I love you alex. you should have been cast as wonder woman
>>
No matter how many times I play MM7 and complete sorcerer's first promotion, it always seems so annoying. Some parts are piss easy, like 1 in Barrow Downs and the head in Bracada. But that one on an island choke full with water elementals in Avlee is hard as fuck—never mind that I was flying, used all water resistance pedestals I could find and so on. And to pick all of them, you have to travel to 5 different locations. Feels more like work than play
>>
>>3535619
I think its an appropriate difficulty considering with the Sorcerer promotion you unlock TP and Fly.
>>
we will never get a good new M&M game

why live
>>
>>3535641
What is that, some HoMM mod for M&B?
>>
>>3535650
Chronicles of Might and Magic. It's uhh... Playable.
>>
>>3535651
What have they done to you Gelu?
>>
>>3535619
You aren't supposed to do the Avlee one directly. There is a Fly scroll in the chest with the Abbey Normal Golem Head and at the same time pick up the shrine for the druid promotion.

You can move up and down in the air freely in turn based combat to dodge attacks. There is a set of chests in the middle. Fly over them and press enter. Then lower yourself to avoid all the water attacks. Once you get the part, Fly back up and then zigzag the same way monsters do to avoid ranged attacks.
>>
>>3535651
nice textures
>>
>>3535659
I'm more concerned about that Grand Elf. He has seen some shit.
>>
>>3535661
>You aren't supposed to do the Avlee one directly. There is a Fly scroll in the chest with the Abbey Normal Golem Head and at the same time pick up the shrine for the druid promotion.
Hm, good thing I did exactly that, I wasn't sure that was made deliberately.

> You can move up and down in the air freely in turn based combat to dodge attacks.
Didn't know that, thanks. I took the chest after all, but it left a bitter aftertaste
>>
I LOVE YOU ALEX!

You replying to my post is the last thing that can save me from suicide.

Pls love me like I do love you ;-----;
>>
>>3535712
>I took the chest after all, but it left a bitter aftertaste
If you don't mind savescumming you can save before you enter a magic shop in either Erathia, Tularean forest, Bracada or Deyja and buy a telekinesis scroll.
>>
>>3535751
Or Invisibility
>>
>>3535651
post the webm with the spellbook
>>
>>3535751
I guess my biggest complaint was that there were 4 or 3 chests on the island. That made it more annoying than it should've been. But now that I know the turn based mode trick this part will be a piece of cake. The whole quest is still a little bit too complicated IMO.

>>3535628
Druid promotion is way easier and it gives you all that plus master body/spirit. You know, I'd rather have harder promotion to arch mage or lich.
>>
>>3535659
He kinda reminds me of older Mark Hamill
>>
>>3535739
:)
>>
File: confused dog.jpg (17KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
confused dog.jpg
17KB, 313x286px
> Find best ore
> Don't want to spoil the challenge
>>
Here's something I've been wondering in MM7 for a while now.

A lot of NPCs talk about "fallen trees". But I have never seen those in the game, let alone ones which had hidden stuff inside. What the fuck?

check that leet chandelier
>>
>>3536156
I was never sure if it was just a random conversation topic or if they were referring to the Trees in Tularean Forest after you kill them.
>>
>>3536186
> "it can also be home to insects or worse!"'
Doesn't sound like trees from Tularean forest. In fact, I forget, but I think they didn't even have any drop in the first place.

My assumption is that it was a feature NWC wanted to implement but decided against it last minute. Given that MM7 was rushed and had bugs, I don't think that's out of question. Also, imagine clicking/looking for dead trees—the game already has enough hidden crap that's hard to see/remember.
>>
File: your conscience.jpg (33KB, 173x369px) Image search: [Google]
your conscience.jpg
33KB, 173x369px
What is this, Earthbound? This guy had surprisingly little to tell me
>>
File: 1359084705117.jpg (75KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
1359084705117.jpg
75KB, 452x339px
>>3536326
>>
>>3536156

I think they meant trees in Tularean Forest. At least that's what I thought years ago.
>>
>>3536204
>I forget, but I think they didn't even have any drop in the first place.

Once in a blue moon the trees dropped gold or gems.
>>
>>3536430
But certainly not insects. Also, The NPC I screencapped was in Deyja. There are a few others in different cities, they all say the same thing

>>3536421
See >>3536204 . They barely have any drop and certainly don't have insects. In any case, the NPC talks like those "trees" are a part of game mechanic, similar to how other NPCs talk about "Challenges", "Trading" and so on. But they only appear specifically in Tularean Forest, and NPC there talk about them in a separate message.

I imagined there was some fallen tree map object similar to other minor sprites like stones, cacti and so on. That you could click those things and they could occasionally give you an item or summon insects or enemies.
>>
File: WoX Trees.png (339KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
WoX Trees.png
339KB, 1600x900px
>>3536430
>>
File: 1475337566391.jpg (35KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1475337566391.jpg
35KB, 500x411px
>>3536484
> Check a tree
> No bows of carnage
>>
Wow this game is hard
>>
>>3536743
????
>>
Alex was never here you dumbfucks.
>>
>>3536747
Just kidding. I got some genie lamps, it was October in the game so I tried to see if they'd give me +8 skill points. They gave +6 but also caused eradication. So I made this pic for the lulz
>>
>>3536484
>not forcing correct aspect ratio
wew lad
>>
File: wheres john connor.png (6KB, 58x64px) Image search: [Google]
wheres john connor.png
6KB, 58x64px
> Be Sandro
> Be skeleton
> Able to make "human disguise" of flesh
Skynet sending terminators to 1168 AD now
>>
File: sandro.png (20KB, 107x100px) Image search: [Google]
sandro.png
20KB, 107x100px
>mfw I realized I just played homm2 all weekend
>>
HoMM7 sold half as much MMX. Does this mean they'll finally stop making shitty cash grabs?
http://steamspy.com/app/238750
http://steamspy.com/app/321960
>>
>>3537587
HAHAHA

no
>>
>>3537865
Aren't they burrying the franchise because of the gameloft buyout?
>>
It seems there are a few different versions of HoMM 3 out there (HD and whatnot).

Where should I get it from? Is the gog.com version good enough?
>>
>>3537937
Read the pastebin

Only get GOG.com version, Heroes Complete. You get all the expansions with it. I recommend installing HD mod on it immediately.
>>
>>3537937
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:cf2f529c63c2feb015f422f2d4bde148369a248f&dn=Heroes%20of%20Might%20and%20Magic%20III%20GOG&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt3.t-ru.org%2fann&tr=http%3a%2f%2fretracker.local%2fannounce

Here you go.
>>
>>3537941
Thanks
>>
>>3537942
I bought it legally on gog
>>
>>3537587
>>3537865
>>3537874
Apparently they're making a mobile game set during the events of HoMM3 for China. So the whoring of this dead corpse isn't done yet.
>>
>>3537963
>giving money to ubisoft
>>
>>3523053
Kek
>>
>>3537503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uPRUonK0f4
>>
>>3537941
> I recommend installing HD mod on it immediately

So, looking at this mod: https://sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/
it says
> HoMM3 HD is not compatible with The Restoration of Erathia, Armageddon's Blade, Heroes Chronicles!

The fuck is up with that?

Restoration and Armageddon are the best campaigns of the entire game
>>
>>3538519
You should be playing HoMM3 Complete or Shadow of Death, RoA and AB are older versions of the game, and those campaigns are included in the Complete and SoD versions.
>>
The perks of playing "garbage" classes: Villain and Assassin promotions completed in under 15 minutes
>>
>>3539015
Yes, those are two of the easiest promotions. Bounty Hunter is pretty easy too.

Ranger Lord on the other hand can be a bit of a pain.

Nothing will ever compare to the difference between Arch Druid and Warlock though. What a shitshow.
>>
>>3539090
> Nothing will ever compare to the difference between Arch Druid and Warlock though. What a shitshow.
IMO it's ironic since I'd actually find some use for Arch Druid on Light Path, specifically for Divine Rejuvenation. But on dark path he seems more useless than ever.

By the way, the run is going pretty smoothly so far. I immediately dumped a lot of points into Spirit for my paladin, Heroism+Bless had solved most dungeons for me. I didn't even use Heal much, potions had filled my needs most of the time. I now plan to raid Clanker's Lab, but maybe I should just wait for the quest now that I think of it.
>>
fuck me why is the lair of the wolf so fucking huge
i don't have a cure disease spell either
>>
>>3539723
After you get the pearl of purity and can enter the main part it isn't all that big.

>i don't have a cure disease spell either
Set a beacon and go get it right fucking now, and also get Power Cure if you don't have it. They are sold in Free Haven in the Body guild.
>>
What are some good companions for MM6 after you get town portal?
>>
>>3539748
Instructor/Teacher if you want experience
Duper/Merchant if you need gold

Spell Master/Mystic if you want all your spell skills increased by 7. If you can afford them, stick with these two. They are so powerful they were actually nerfed to only affecting Elemental Magic in MM7.
>>
>>3538209
That island is definitely an intentional penis.
>>
File: italian spiderman.png (29KB, 125x132px) Image search: [Google]
italian spiderman.png
29KB, 125x132px
Assassin promotion guy looks like Italian Spiderman
>>
I had a very weird occurrence in MM7 once.

I was in Tularen forest, I went to the boat and I think it was closed because it was nighttime. So I decided to rest right at its door.

But when I woke up, an elven archer was shooting me. WTF? I didn't do anything at all. Did they take me for a hobo resting at their boat?
>>
File: The only true Hero.jpg (6KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
The only true Hero.jpg
6KB, 128x128px
I've only played HoMM3. Should I play any others?
>>
>>3540649
II and V are worth trying. V has the 5.5 mod, which is kinda like WoG/ERA and help it a lot.

IV is kinda take it or leave it. Equilbris helps, but it really comes down to how you feel about the hero being a unit.
>>
>>3540679
are there no mods for V that don't need Tribes of the East?
>>
>>3540965
I doubt it, it runs like shit without TotE; there would be no point in modding the base game
>>
>>3540679
2 is definitely worth playing.

5 is basically an attempted clone of 3 except in the new UbiWorld. The skill wheel is a neat idea, but the balance is a mess until you get TotE. Campaigns are worth playing.

>>3540464
There is always a random chance of an encounter (which wakes you up) any time you sleep outdoors. It's smaller near cities, but still exists.
>>
>>3541316
Balance is a mess in TotE too, you basically need 5.5 if you want anything like functional multiplayer
>>
>>3540679
>WOG/ERA
>not HOTA
>>
>>3541316
>There is always a random chance of an encounter (which wakes you up) any time you sleep outdoors. It's smaller near cities, but still exists.
Ahh, that explains it… I thought it happened only near wandering monsters (e.g. in Tatalia). It was really weird to see city's guardians attack me out of the blue.
>>
File: Creature_Phoenix.gif (4KB, 92x142px) Image search: [Google]
Creature_Phoenix.gif
4KB, 92x142px
Resurrecting the thread
>>
File: 22_1.jpg (86KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
22_1.jpg
86KB, 640x480px
>>3542648
With no survivors!
>>
File: inteus.jpg (70KB, 848x870px) Image search: [Google]
inteus.jpg
70KB, 848x870px
>>3542657
I ain't afraid of no skeleton, I've seen spookier things in my life
>>
File: just fuck my shit up.png (20KB, 92x101px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up.png
20KB, 92x101px
> become lich
> immune to body/mind spells
> still susceptible to instadeath
what do
>>
File: p2.png (2MB, 1132x850px) Image search: [Google]
p2.png
2MB, 1132x850px
New town!
The Abyss!
>>
>>3542798
wat
>>
>>3542798
>>3542798
HotA?
>Abyss
Of fucking course it has to be HotA!
>>
>>3542798
>more pirate/deep sea stuff

Why do Russians like this so much?
>>
File: what the fug.jpg (17KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
what the fug.jpg
17KB, 300x400px
>>3542798
Like you could even walk underseas in Heroes
>>
>>3542657
>Prince Nicolai looks down from his carry-chair in the top right thinking "that's right, entertain me peasants. Ooh a skeleton this time!"
>>
>>3542839
I don't know about deep sea but Might and Magic 6 and 8 talk about pirates a lot.
>>
>>3542798
Aw yiss. Based Russians. Here's hoping they add an "ocean floor", subterra gets old.

Think they'll ever add a third layer to the world? Flying castles and floating islands would be really cool.
>>
>>3542898
Like an entire new map layer? mite b cool
>>
File: 1264515544_morskoe-chudovishhe.jpg (61KB, 800x679px) Image search: [Google]
1264515544_morskoe-chudovishhe.jpg
61KB, 800x679px
>>3542886
MM7 has one underwater area. It's nearly empty though.

Heroes IV had sea monsters. But I doubt they had much of a civilization to speak of.
>>
Can someone explain to me who is alex and why does /tv/ want to talk to her
>>
>>3543465
Some z-list celeb. Someone on /tv/ started a rumor that she visits HoMM threads on /vr/.
>>
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/important-announcement-from-the-team
>>
>>3543492
And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>3543492
> release buggy as fuck game
> multiplayer barely works
> release an expansion before fixing all the bugs
> "WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE GAME IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE! THANK YOU AGAIN! now if you can kindly fuck off please"
Classic Ubi
>>
>>3543492
I hope those french jews get bought out and ruined by even greedier french jews.
>>
ive only played hom&m 2 and i always play the same map broken alliance
lol the same one the demo came with
>>
It's just funny that UbiSoft now makes yet ANOTHER fuckup with Heroes. No, really.

> Make shit tier Heroes VI which everyone hated
> The dev goes bankrupt
> Make Heroes 3 HD which is worse than the cheaper original
> Make Heroes VII which is bugged to hell
> Cease support for it when the game is still broken

UbiSoft selling the franchise when?
>>
>>3543517
They're in the whore out the IP to some chinks for a shit mobile game mode now, it's as good as dead to them.
>>
>>3543696
I think at this point they might lower the series' profile. Lower budgets, straight-to-Steam games, focus on muh nostalgia. I hope they cease making them altogether, but it's not like Ubi to stop: Jews never sleep.
>>
> get lich promotion and GM Dark
> go to Wizard school
> kill everyone with Dragon Breath and Shrapmetal
Uncle Anakin would be proud.

Fuck yeah, it's good to be bad. I plan to get the worst possible reputation in Bracada and killed everything that moves in Celeste eventually.

Any other ideas for evil deeds in MM7?
>>
>>3543768
Did you give the double agent to Catherine and the false plans to Parson?
>>
>>3543768
Armageddon in random areas is always the correct answer.

If you really want some good fun, go ahead and wipe out everyone in the human and Elvish castles, since they are hostile to you anyway. Murdering Stone City also works.

>>3543774
>There are people that have never done this
>>
>>3543768
1) Hire NPCs
2) Cast Sacrifice
3) Repeat as necessary
>>
>>3543780
Oh yesss, thanks for the idea. The ultimate evil spell I forgot about.

>>3543774
Fuck, I didn't. I planned to not bother with them at all to be honest. I didn't even know you could give the trumpet to Grey, then you'd have "independence" part in the history tab. I read it didn't influence anything though.

>>3543779
> If you really want some good fun, go ahead and wipe out everyone in the human and Elvish castles, since they are hostile to you anyway.
Elves are already dead, because black knight promotion. But as for humans, they totally deserve this.

> Murdering Stone City also works.
Why kill the goose that lays golden eggs? I sell them clubs of infernos. I don't have a cleric and so my thief is doing the trading with master merchant.
>>
>>3543829
>I didn't even know you could give the trumpet to Grey, then you'd have "independence" part in the history tab. I read it didn't influence anything though.
I thought giving the trumpet to Grey gave you experience
>>
Stealing is a weird skill… The lack of manuals for it is a bit baffling. Sometimes I steal just piles of gold coins which I can't use. I have to put them in the chests and then I can grab them. I remember from the back of my mind something similar was in MM8, IIRC.

I thought I could try to abuse the skill in Titan's Stronghold… And sure, you can steal stuff while invisible, but I couldn't steal more than 1 item per monster. After that, I only got small amounts of money.

But for playing the evil role, stealing is quite cool in Bracada. Also, I won't have to kill the blaster guy. Woohoo, I guess.
>>
>>3543840
I'm not sure, I myself haven't got to try it. They say if you complete quests for both sides, and give the trumpet to Grey, then supposedly in the history tab you will have a note about Harmondale getting independence, instead of humans/elves winning. I assume you will also have something other than elvish/Erathian flag hanging at your castle.
>>
>>3543840
Grey gives you experience. The elf and human give you gold.

You get independence only if you turn in the trumpet AND
1) Do both imposter quests
2) Do both real quests
3) Do neither quest for either
If it doesn't end up balancing out before the Trumpet, that side will will regardless of the Trumpet.

But no, there is no effect on the rest of the game other than the History entry and the decorations in the throne room. You get the NWC flag which considering it is also the Temple of Baa logo should say something.

>>3543859
It's a pure gimmick skill except for monsters carrying quest items. You also don't actually have to kill Lady Carmine for the Assassin promotion if you steal her dagger.
>>
Is there any way I can hide liches' godawful mummy legs with armor? It's funny that enemy liches can wear chainmail, I don't have such luxury.
>>
>>3543869
>It's a pure gimmick skill
Well, I actually can think of some limited uses for it now. For example, early on I can go to Bracada/Deyja and try stealing items from the shops. These are actually better than those in Celeste/Pit, if I get AC items in them then I can go very far very early.

What lowers its usefulness though is that you can't steal from mage guilds. But then it'd be pretty broken.

But in any case, it's completely dispensable.

> You also don't actually have to kill Lady Carmine for the Assassin promotion if you steal her dagger.
It'd be nice, but killing Lady Carmine in Celeste is trivial, since you can get out of there by falling through the floor.
>>
It's surprising that with PTSS party, I barely even remember now that I don't have a cleric.

Healing is not even important to me anymore. I only cast Master Regeneration with my paladin. It is not so powerful of course, but alchemy fills my needs for heavy healing completely: with +31 alchemy bonus, I heal more and much faster with Divine Cure than I ever did with a Cleric. All I need is garbage ingredients lying on the ground.

GM Merchant is not so important for selling when in Barrow Downs you get -40 rep so early; for buying, of course I do have to spend more money, but still I have enough with GM Fire Aura. And after all, once you get all the needed spells, it's not so important.

For these shortcomings, I got a tanky hero with GM Mace and M Plate, who can also cast Bless/Heroism. I'd say it's quite a bargain.
>>
>>3544610
Have you fought anyone with an instant death or eradication effect yet?
>>
>>3544619
What happens if you get eradicated while sharing life?
>>
>>3544619
I did, and for a long time.

I think in the end, the only important dungeon that has instadeath is the Maze. There are actually very few enemies that cast it, and they are all not very important. Wyverns in Avlee are completely optional. Blood Titans do cast it, but then again—it's optional to fight them, and you get relics from dragons too.

As for the Maze, if I really have trouble with it, I will simply make body resistance potions for everyone. I'm still not sure about the mechanic though, as liches are supposedly immune to body magic altogether. In any case, I don't think it's gonna be that hard with 2X GM Dark.
>>
File: No I wont have it.png (5KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
No I wont have it.png
5KB, 387x429px
>play HoMM3
>hey this is GREAT
>beat easier missions just alright
>play normal one
>can barely create like 5 units per turn
>enemies already have like 3000 per hero spreading like crazy
>>
>>3544637
That's why you start on easy missions.
So you learn how to rock on them.
Then and only then you move to harder ones to barely be able to win one, or two.
>>
File: HoMM3 skills guide v4.jpg (107KB, 656x1209px) Image search: [Google]
HoMM3 skills guide v4.jpg
107KB, 656x1209px
>>3544637
Heroes difficulty curve is well-known. It goes straight from "heh, I'm the best in this game" to "no bully plz" really fast. Here's a CPP for you

General advice:
—Always get several heroes for scouting to grab resources, mark mines and explore. Give them fast units.

—Don't sit at your castle while you wait lvl 7s. Every faction has good units for early expansion:
* Castle—Marksmen
* Rampart—Grand Elves
* Tower—Master Gremlins
* Necropolis—Vampire Lords
Google the rest if you're interested.

—Use 1 or more as your main and bring him all the experience. Pick the one with the best specialty.

—Plan your build-up. Mark sawmills and ore mines ASAP (and I mean it). Build as many dwellings as you can afford on week 1 and preferably end it with building Castle to maximize your number of units.

—Forget about war machines, for beginner and intermediate players they're not worth it.

—Try to get lvl 6 and 7s units ASAP for most factions. Grab all of them and go fighting.

—Level up your main hero whenever you can and always grab better artifacts to maximize damage. See picrelated on quick cheat sheet for best skills.

—Damage spells are ok in the beginning, late in the game they are usually not worth it (except for Armageddon and less so Implosion).

—Get yourself some Earth/Air magic skill for speed spells (Slow/Haste). They are some of the most important spells in the game on mass level

—For best results, always try and get the following spells:
Lvl 2: Blind
Lvl 3: Teleport
Lvl 4: Resurrection, Town Portal (they need Advanced Earth skill to be most useful), Armageddon, Clone, Berserk
Lvl 5: Implosion, Fly, Dimension Door.
>>
File: Armageddon meme.jpg (51KB, 300x421px) Image search: [Google]
Armageddon meme.jpg
51KB, 300x421px
Synopsys: young warlock named Bruno builds Mage Guild lvl 4, with no survivors
>>
Just like I thought, GM Shrapmetal makes The Maze a walk through the park. All I need is more blue reagents really.
>>
>>3545052
Yeah, Sharpmetal is the most busted spell in the game. Are you the guy running the PTSS party?
>>
>>3545053
Yup, that's me.

Red minotaurs die from 1–2 shots of Shrapmetal. Dragon Breath is also pretty cool, except it's very easy to get caught in the blast, so it's out. But it worked amazingly well on those goddamn golems in Clanker's Lab and light elementals in Wizards' School, because the things blow up in your face when they die.

There's only one downside: they cost a lot of mana. This game is so tight on SP, all the time. But I guess that's the price for OP spells…

I also haven't yet dumped all of my points into Dark, I only got the GM. But I'm thinking of leveling Meditation instead. Shrapmetal is already powerful as all fuck, I won't need any more damage at least until I get to Eofol.
>>
File: 164341243.png (513KB, 536x458px) Image search: [Google]
164341243.png
513KB, 536x458px
>>3544649
>sorcery that low
Fuck you, leatherman.
>>
>>3544854
what a spicy meme
>>
File: 85569.jpg (72KB, 356x382px) Image search: [Google]
85569.jpg
72KB, 356x382px
>>3545136
Step up
>>
>>3545136
Yeah, you totally needed Expert Sorcery's 15% bonus for that. Otherwise, your spell would deal only 8282 damage—huge difference, right? It's totally not your meme mods and maps where your power level reaches over 9 thousand, and deliberate setups with Orb of Silt/Sorcery specialists.

>>3545197
Has Russia gone too far?
>>
Do you play Arcomage in MM7? I usually skip it, the reward is not worth it and it distracts me greatly.
>>
>>3545219
I like the game, just wish it were deeper mechanics wise and lasted longer outside of going to taverns in late game places like The Pit or Nighon.
>>
>>3545203
Looks like overflow desu
>>
>>3545227
> arrive to Lincoln
> turn on the computer
> "not so fast intruders, you'll have to beat me in Arcomage first"

I also wish it was a bit deeper, it's a bit like MTG but with obvious imbalances
>>
>>3545219
It's a nice change of pace for when you hit a new area, plus the 100k and 2 stalt are nice.

The cards in MM8 are better though.
>>
>>3545332
100K is nice, but considering you need the access to both Pit/Celeste for this, and when I remember how long it took me to beat the most difficult tavern… I honestly didn't care.

Stalt is cool when you sneak into Nighon and climb that super-tall mountain. I think I got 4 stalt ores from there on this run.
>>
>>3545082
Lloyd's Beacon is made for this exact situation.
>>
File: TPSS.png (267KB, 600x346px) Image search: [Google]
TPSS.png
267KB, 600x346px
For this run, I said fuck it, and went with style over substance. Here's my party.

I wish there was more "evil" equipment for villains/black knights. All armor looks like goody-goody crap from Erathia. Makes sense plot-wise I guess, but how am I supposed to look evil?
>>
>>3545357
I tend to use the helm and the gloves, but neither are that important.

Basically if you don't like the minigame that much don't bother, although those tavern payouts are really nice during the very early game.
>>
>>3545364
By wearing Yoruba and hoarding the golden armor as though you were a dragon.
>>
File: 1345342205925.jpg (175KB, 586x587px) Image search: [Google]
1345342205925.jpg
175KB, 586x587px
>>3545358
lloyd's beacon was made to bypass copy protection upon leaving or entering towns in world of xeen.
>>
>>3545375
Castle Burlock would block you though. I mean sure you could skip it with the "I Lost It" cheat, but you are skipping a large part of the game.
>>
>>3545358
Yes, I know. But to me it's just cheap and tedious. Also, I already had 5 beacons: Avlee, Tatalia, Evenmorn, Stone City and Clanker's Lab. I've deleted the latter for the time being, but I will set it again for when Archibald occupies it. I think I can get rid of Evenmorn though, absolutely nothing to do there anymore, got Shield GM and Merchant M from there and completed every quest involving it.

In any case, to me it's more convenient to just make several potions on the spot. Each one I make has at least 38 power or so.
>>
>>3545367
>although those tavern payouts are really nice during the very early game.
Huh, haven't thought if that… Not killing the dragon on the Emerald Island sure left less money in my pocket than I expected.

>>3545371
Golden armor, but no golden boots? That sucks.

I mean, who wouldn't want to look like a true Black Knight from HoMM3? With black armor, spikes and all that? But I only get that shiny plate armor and the leather which makes my team look more like Power Rangers. So much for role-playing.
>>
>>3545384
This is what, your 4th playthrough? Did you ever take Malwick's wand? It's pretty amusing to see the peasants in your castle get killed.

Actually doing the tapestry quests though is just retarded though. I think it's a 2 year b& from your allied cities.
>>
>>3545378
tell me more, anon, it's been a while for me. there's a cheat?
>>
>>3545398
Go to a mirror and type "I Lost It"

You get a free Xeen Slayer Sword

It's designed for when you get to the bottom of the dungeon of death, but can be used at any time.
>>
File: 1408060423510.jpg (4KB, 130x200px) Image search: [Google]
1408060423510.jpg
4KB, 130x200px
>>3545404
ha, that's nice. I remember 4&5 very fondly, but played it mostly when i was a kid and wonder what stuff I might've missed out on.

>teleporting to Shangri-La with a party much too weak for the way up
>>
>>3545392
Getting cucked by Malwick wasn't in my plans. Harmondale is technically my city after all.

In any case, mercenary guild are such cunts. Stole the heart from trees, and attack you when you enter. Then they have the gall to threaten me for a fucking wand I took. If I could, I'd bulldoze the whole place to hell.
>>
MM7 class rankings:

1) Cleric
2) Sorcerer
3) Knight
4) Archer
5) Monk
6) Paladin
7) Druid
8) Thief
9001) Hunter

You can probably move Archer and Paladin up a slot on light because of Paralyze, and you can move Druid down to 8th on dark simply due to the idiotic Warlock quest.
>>
>>3545575
Doesn't Monk also have some weird shit with their 2nd promotion where Ninja has garbage like master stealing while Master can learn expert self magic?
>>
>>3545582
Ninja gets expert stealing and master disarm.
Master gets expert body, spirit, and mind.
>>
>>3545575
It's hard to rate them in specific order. I'd say this:

Top tier:
—Sorcerer
—Monk
—Cleric
—Knight

Medium tier:
—Archer
—Paladin
—Thief

Bottom tier:
—Druid
—Ranger

I haven't tried all of the combinations, only 4 so far. But right now I'm running with no cleric. I like it much better this way. His GM Dark/Light is useful by definition, but GM self magic I can easily live without. Without GM Merchant, there's not much use for him otherwise.

I also disagree about Thief being so low. He has a rare ability of getting Disarm Trap past expert, plus non-essential but very convenient skills like Perception. Of course you can live without it, but it gets so inconvenient to always use Telekinesis. In Barrow Downs alone you get so much more gold by seeing all hidden chests.
>>
>>3545582
>>3545587
More classes should've had different skill levels dependent on which path you took, wonder why Monk is the only one to have this.
>>
>>3545602
>He has a rare ability of getting Disarm Trap past expert
This would matter if there weren't +disarm skill rings. The Haunted Mansion is the only place in the game that the chests are anything more than an annoyance. They should have tripled the damage you take from disarmed chests if you were supposed to take it seriously.

Not just GM self with power cure and regeneration, but GM spirit for preservation/bless/heroism, and GM light/dark. The problem with Clerics is there isn't a reason to use more than 1 because unlike MM6 you don't have monsters that can cast unprotectable instant unconscious attacks.
>>
>>3545608
And detect life GM, which makes Identify Monster completely useless.
>>
>>3545608
> This would matter if there weren't +disarm skill rings.
The problem is, only 4 classes can get it on Expert or up. These are:
—ranger
—archer (who needs the promotion to learn it—don't believe the manual, it lies, I learned it the hard way)
—monk (the best candidate, but once again—needs promotion, can master it, but only on dark path)
—and, well, thief.

Knights can learn it on basic, but it's nowhere near enough. Max enchantment you can get is around +25 (dragons/titans), with hirelings and artifacts you could maybe get it to +30. That's the equivalent of monk with expert Disarm and +10–15
bonus (which is more real).

You can deal with them with monk, alright. With ninja, I agree even more—you probably don't need a thief. But still, you will have to always have the best available enchantments. On light path, this got really annoying in the end. Final dungeons all had chests I had to open with Telekinesis.
>>
>>3545631
You only need skill 18 for the Haunted Mansion and that's the only place it's anything more than an annoyance.

You can get +17 skill rings in Deyja and Bracada miscellaneous shops.
>>
>>3545608
>Not just GM self with power cure and regeneration
I don't know why dump points to get more or less strong Power Cure. GM Regeneration is good, alright, but if you're getting killed—you're getting killed, it won't save your cleric from several Dragon Breaths.

My gripe with healing is that it's always either my characters have too high of HP to heal, or too low of HP to not die from 1–2 strong attacks. So I just buff my AC up.

> but GM spirit for preservation/bless/heroism,
I admit I still don't know how to use Preservation. Technically, it should work like increasing endurance, right?

Bless and Heroism only get longer time on GM, there's no point in it.
>>
>>3545643
If you are charging into waves of monsters you are doing it wrong. The idea is you can match up and hold your own against something that can AoE. It's less useful against Queens, but against Speakers it's great. Even Fire Elementals will outdamage you if you can only single target heal.

Preservation is the equivalent of having infinite endurance. You can still be instagibbed, but a direct attack can't kill you even at -500. GM only increases duration, but it's from 1h + 5m/skill to 1h + 15m/skill, so it's very noticeable.
>>
>>3545636
>You can get +17 skill rings in Deyja and Bracada miscellaneous shops.
True, but they also cost quite a bit, and getting them can take a lot of loads. If you do get them, then good. Still, a knight won't go anywhere with those.

> You only need skill 18 for the Haunted Mansion and that's the only place it's anything more than an annoyance.
On my last run with ranger, I've had enough cases where I had to come back and get the bonus items because the chests blew up in my face. The backtracking can be pretty annoying. But I didn't manage to get the rings from Deyja/Bracada.

It's just very convenient to not have to think about traps, IMO. Now when I had thief and GM Invisibility, I could safely walk into Titans' Stronghold and rob all the chests without worrying they'd blow in my face.
>>
>>3545654
> If you are charging into waves of monsters you are doing it wrong.
I've only had two kinds of parties: either full melee or full ranged. Now it's all melee.

In any case, the best way I found to deal with queens is probably Paralyze. It's OP but they deserve it. Using Power Cure can be useful like you describe—but it has a medium to long recovery, and given it's your cleric with GM Light/Dark casting it, you'd probably want him for more powerful spells.

>Preservation is the equivalent of having infinite endurance.
So basically invincibility? Wow, didn't know this. Wish I knew that earlier. Too bad I won't get more duration though, I agree—super short spells like Haste are a bit annoying to recast.
>>
>>3523053
Best thing ever!
>>
>>3545609
> And detect life GM, which makes Identify Monster completely useless.
Wait, what? You don't get the best part: the resistances and attack types. Well, if you don't know them already, that is. Even then, I don't know, I never cared about the active spells on monsters.
>>
>>3545679
>I never cared about the active spells on monsters.
To add to this: I was told Pain Reflection could have been a problem. Well, it wasn't.
>>
>>3545662
Regeneration will take care of this. Also you can mix and drink potions while invisible. It's not like there is much other use for red herbs.

>>3545671
There's a difference between charging in and isolating strong enemies. The only places in the whole game where you can't really cut the number of enemies attacking you at once are the first room of the Lincoln and the last room with Xenofex. Even the Pit allows you to run behind the inn and take out the liches one by one and let the queens come in later.

>>3545685
It's a pain if you ever want to cast Destroy Undead on Lich Kings or if you walk up and cast Sparks on Queens. I can't count how many times a single cast knocked out my Sorcerer.
>>
>>3545707
>Regeneration will take care of this.
Hm, haven't thought of that. Kinda true. I guess using Preservation this could work. A bit tedious, but doable.

> It's a pain if you ever want to cast Destroy Undead on Lich Kings or if you walk up and cast Sparks on Queens. I can't count how many times a single cast knocked out my Sorcerer.
Hm. Weird. Never had this problem with RAAC party. I just paralyzed the enemies and shot them/killed them in melee. I had GM Regeneration active I think. I also think I noticed I lost some health, but not very significant.

Cleared out Castle Gloaming this way too. Again, not much problem.

Did you use Dispel on them? I read they recast the spell, but not if you Paralyze them of course.
>>
>>3545736
Yes they recast it. The annoying part is dispel also removes Paralyze. If you have GM detect life on, you know what needs to be dispelled and when to cast Paralyze.
>>
>>3545770
>The annoying part is dispel also removes Paralyze.
Oh, I see. It's really weird I didn't have any trouble with it on my last run. I didn't have sorcerers and didn't use Sparks though. Maybe because I used ordinary physical attacks on them.
>>
File: bad rep.png (16KB, 229x39px) Image search: [Google]
bad rep.png
16KB, 229x39px
Am I evil yet?

BTW, surprisingly, Sacrifice spell heals not only the caster, but the whole party, like Divine Intervention. Really nice
>>
>>3546527
Don't know how low you can get in 7 but in 6 there's notorious rep which you needed for master dark
>>
>>3546537
Yeah, it's surprisingly unimportant, except for trade.

I just beat the griffon quest—you know, the one where you have to kill ALL of them in Erathia/Bracada, including the neutral ones. So, my rep in Erathia went to +10 or so, and I got a ~20K fine. But, I went to the temple, donated several times and it went back to -5. Paid the fine too. Charity (or rather money) solves everything.

Someone wrote they got jail sentence while entering Archibald's throne room in Castle Gloaming for killing someone at Celeste. I realized that while reputation is regional, fines are global. So I guess if you have no money to pay it, you will be thrown to jail in any town if you visit the throne room.

And I might be wrong here, but prices didn't exactly reach ridiculous heights for me… I have +81 rep in Bracada, and shops sell me things for around 5x price (without Merchant skill). Didn't notice much difference to be honest, and I have Deyja anyway.

Funny, but Armageddon didn't lower my reputation a bit. It's also weird that you have rep for every separate location (i.e. place which needs loading), so in dungeons too. I wonder what kind of trade I could possibly do with Titans.
>>
>>3546894
I wonder if there's a reason Armageddon doesn't lower your reputation. And I think having reps for any old dungeon was just an old quirk of the M&M engine at the time.
>>
>>3546527
It's designed as the dark version of Divine Intervention.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

>>3546894
Reputation is global in MM6. It was a change made because they added the effect of reputation to change merchant prices.

MM8 actually has the same thing as MM7, but the only way to raise your reputation is donate up (or should I say down) to -5.

Presumably no one cared about where you cast Armageddon because there was no one left to care.
>>
File: m6.gif~original.gif (39KB, 425x320px) Image search: [Google]
m6.gif~original.gif
39KB, 425x320px
>tfw going through a bunch of cheesy old M&M/HoMM art
>tfw never ever
>>
>>3547076
Lots of interesting things stashed in photobucket
>>
>>3547076

Totally not Maiden
>>
>>3547076
>>3547409
Couldn't possibly be Maiden
>>
>>3547036
The weirdest part is that killing whole castles of hostile guards on dark path doesn't lower your reputation in them a bit. No fines too.

> —Catherine, your Highness! Some group of adventurers have broken into the castle, killing all of the guards in their way!
> —Ah, it's cool, they're friends.
> —But you highness, we…
> —Nah it's fine, they can be trusted.
> —So do we stop attacking them?
> —Of course not dummy! Try and kill them.
> —…I see, your highness. I didn't doubt you wisdom a little bit…
>>
>>3547530
That's because they are already hostile/at war. Killing the peasants inside Celeste doesn't lower reputation or cause fines either.
>>
>>3548146
I wonder though… For some reasons, in the lower part of Tatalia, archers keep attacking me. But when I kill them, I get fines and my rep lowers too. I don't remember killing any of them before, and even if I did, they wouldn't all attack me, right? I have hard time even understanding the basis for Tatalia's hostility towards me.

But there's more… I specifically said "lower part of Tatalia" because in the mountain settlement, near the mercenary guild, archers are neutral and don't attack me. And when I go the snowy fields (with archers/trolls), they are hostile again, but killing them doesn't lower my rep/cause fines. Ditto.
>>
>>3548765
They go hostile when you go dark. I don't think they give you fines themselves, but if you have any peasants murdered then you do get hit for it.
>>
>>3548772
pfft who cares about dead peasants in the pit or celeste, they're casualties of the war of light vs dark
>>
>>3548908
I meant in southern Tatalia.
>>
>>3548765
>>3548772
>>3548936
I always thought this was weird, wonder if its an old bug, cause no other human/elf towns go hostile if you're on the dark path.
>>
>>3549063
I figured it was because Lord Markham is doing it under Catherine's orders who already declared war on you.
>>
>>3549093
> under Catherine's orders who already declared war on you.
But that's the thing… Guards in Erathia, Tularean Forest and Avlee are not hostile to you, except in Catherine's/elf king's castles. Markham takes it a bit too far compared to the rest of the rulers.
>>
>>3549123
Maybe he is just mad that this is what happened when he chose your team as the rulers from his contest.
>>
>>3549151
If anyone should be mad it should be your party, that asshole gave them a useless piece of land that had to be fixed up and eventually set in motion the events of the Erathian/Tularean war and subsequent alignment with either Bracada or Deyja.
>>
>>3549151
He's probably still pissed because of the vase.

>>3548908
> The hundred-year war between elves and humans.
> A bloody conflict, which took life of thousands of innocents… All for what?
> Now, the war between necromancers and wizards. That's what I call a real war! Yee-haw, GM Armageddon!!
>>
Is the inventory management/identification better in xeen than 3?

I love tge gameplay mechanics and exploration of 3 but not being able to ID weapon/armor stats on the fly is pretty annoying given the amount of loot you get.

I dont really like going to spreadsheets to see if my silver sabre of fists is better than my fiery pearl axe of whatever, and repeat a million times
>>
>>3549258
Yes, by a lot. Items are broken down into 4 categories: Weapons, Armor, Accessories, and Miscellaneous. You can have 9 of each per person. Key items don't take up space and are just listed in a menu.

But it's not what you are looking for. You will still need to ID things. You can still use the identify at any blacksmith to determine a damage range. Just savescum and reload once you know which is better so you don't have to pay the ID price.

Also no items can cast spells other than miscellaneous. They also b& recharging items of recharging.

>>3549232
>He's probably still pissed because of the vase.
Yes, but you steal it light side too. He doesn't make all the archers hostile on light path.
>>
>>3549273
>You can have 9 of each per person.
Should add that each category has its own menu, so you don't have to reorganize everything.
>>
>>3547076
>>3547180
Wonder how that forge mod is doing, knowing those russians it won't get a release until the mid 2020's.
>>
File: devil-anim.gif (43KB, 120x146px) Image search: [Google]
devil-anim.gif
43KB, 120x146px
>>3550428
Isn't the VCMI one already out
>>
>>3550428
There are bigger chances that HotA will add it than it'll get here before next decade, from what I heard.
>>
>>3517341
Why does Sandro even need clothes in prison?
>>
>>3551015
More like
>Why does Sandro even need clothes at all?

Maybe it's some Disgusting Tunic of Shit (-150 all stats, unremovable, cursed)

By the way, it's weird how liches wear chainmail in MM7. I wish I could do that to hide my liches' godawful mummy legs
>>
>>3551027
>By the way, it's weird how liches wear chainmail in MM7.
It's probably just for the grey aesthetic. Too bad Liches can't wear Chain until MM9.
>>
>>3551038
Frankly, I wish there were robes for sorcerers, druids and so on. Armor just doesn't look fitting on them. As I said, the wardrobe in the game is kinda lacking—I mentioned no evil-looking armor is my biggest gripe with it. I guess the game was already so rushed that even Haste spell didn't work in it on release; but IMO, forcing everyone to wear armor was just so one-sided.

The only class that truly gets the best out of this is Knights, Thieves, Archers, and maybe Paladins (which looks exactly like knights but with maces). Rangers don't look like themselves; Sorcerers are forced to wear leather armor which makes them look like pirates or rogues.

What's even more annoying to me, since I've mentioned it, is the lack of full "sets" for equipment. You have Mogred helm/gauntlets, but no Mogred armor or even boots. The lack of decent boots except for plate ones is noticeable too. Either you use Rangers' boots, or stick with lame +2AC leather ones.

I don't even mention that half equipment simply doesn't fit the characters well… Liches are even worsem they have a slightly different face angle on their profile pictures, and a lot of helmets simply don't align properly on them.
>>
>>3551072
It's the lack of coloring on the armor. Nothing is green or black at all, and the only things that are red or blue are leather. Hell you would think 'royal" anything would have at least have some purple.

If they had put more time into the artifacts that would have solved a lot of the problems. The thief leather looks kind of nice, but even that is just a color swap that took all of 5 seconds.
>>
>>3551072
Be grateful for what you have
I can't think of a single other blobber with a similar paper doll system even wizardry 8's isn't as well done.
>>
File: Hero_Rion.png (6KB, 58x64px) Image search: [Google]
Hero_Rion.png
6KB, 58x64px
>>3551106
I agree, but that's only a part of it. I'd settle for just well-made palette swaps for armor to give it "evil" look. Because no matter what I equip on my villain, he doesn't look evil at all.

However, I really wish I could have a hood for a ranger, or a robe for a sorcerer. It isn't that hard to make, right? Could really give archers/rangers some flair. Palette swap and voila, you have hoods for clerics too (see pic). Two birds with one sprite.

But moreover, it's just a bit weird how a lot of the equipment feels kinda out of place in the game. I mean, there's Regnan leather and Hareck's leather. Cool, but at the same time, there aren't even any pirates in the game—let alone in your party. Yeah, you can totally equip it, but it creates even worse clash of styles than if you had some neutral one. Or take the end game: it's mostly all about royal leather, golden chainmails and so on—all of those look gaudy and lush beyond measure. They just look out of place on monks or clerics. I don't even mention that monks will probably wield wizards' staves. In the end, I don't even know what a true MM7 monk is supposed to look like.
>>
>>3551130
I am grateful for it. But it's just so weirdly flawed. What baffles me is that they made 2 different sets of sprites for male/female fits for armor/boots/belts etc—a shitton of additional work; and they even gave you the possibility to become liches, which is way cool. And yet they didn't do seemingly trivial stuff, like give you some class-specific equipment.

I mean, 9 classes is not 6, it's quite a lot to account for—and with 2 paths, that equals to potential 18 different combinations; but as I mentioned in the reply above, with hoods alone they could increase personalization so much. Heck, armor shops in Celeste/Pit are very similar. What a missed opportunity, IMO! Could've made just 2–3 exclusive items for both sides—e.g. black hoods for liches/priests of dark for that '99 Sandro look.

And there are many paired good/evil items already in the game! Sun Amulet/Death’s Head Pendant, for example, or staves with gems/skulls. Could've easily made more evil stuff instead of endless standalone helms/crowns/whatever. Black armor, robes, shields with skulls, to name a few… Huge untapped potential.
>>
To add to this: I feel a lot of the classes are kind of expected to be evil or good. Same with the weapons they wield.

For example, IIRC most if not all maces in the game are good-aligned. Same with plate armor and shields—they are all shiny gold/metal stuff. And the artifacts? They are obviously all "good".

But on the other hand, a lot of the daggers look evil, with skulls and bat wings. Same with bows, for example. Yes, there some neutral ones, more or less; but IIRC there isn't a single "good" dagger in the game, like a golden one or something like that.

This makes at least some sense, I'd say; after all, thieves are obviously not a goody-goody archetype to begin with, and "a knight in shining armor" is an idiom for a reason. But again, that limits personalization and role-playing aspect of the game which has two different paths to choose from.

That's why to me, classes like "Bounty Hunter" or "Villain" feel gimmicky and a bit forced… No real difference between them gameplay-wise might be alright, but when it doesn't even open new roles to play for your classes, it's just a little disappointing.
>>
>>3551252
>That's why to me, classes like "Bounty Hunter" or "Villain" feel gimmicky and a bit forced

The bigger problem with the promotions is that the skills are exactly the same light or dark with the exception of monks. If you gave Bounty Hunters GM stealing, GM Learning, and Master sword while giving Ranger Lords Master of elemental magic it would do a lot.

Thieves would have tons of possibilities as well, Spies should have GM merchant and Assassins should have something like Master unarmed and GM Identify Item.
>>
>>3551280
> The bigger problem with the promotions is that the skills are exactly the same light or dark with the exception of monks.
Less complex, so less staff to remember/keep in mind on the other hand. I think the problem is the class imbalance to begin with. IMO it's not mandatory to make light/dark promotions different—just make them balanced, that's all.
>>
>>3512647
How does MM8 compare to 6 and 7?
>>
>>3551204
>class-specific equipment
FUCK that shit that is the cancer of class systems. One of the reasons I enjoyed MM6 so much is that it 's almost classless with very simple skill restrictions but you could still equip a mage or cleric with solid armor and the hybrids could use the same equipment pure classes could.
>>
>>3534146
What else but the mace am I supposed to use on my cleric?
>>
Who are the most useful hirelings in M&M7? I typically only hire a scholar and banker because I can't be assed with ID items and that's about it.
>>
>>3551518
You got me wrong—I mean it solely for style/personalization. I wanted so that there was leather armor that looked like robe, for example. Not forcing sorcerers to wear it, just for looks, like crowns.

Also, in MM7 there's still a huge gap between plate and everything else. Chain is almost the same as Leather without GM in MM7. The 4–12AC difference is not very noticeable.
>>
>>3551667
Gate Master (casts Town Portal), Wind Master (casts Fly), Master Healer (heals all damage/conditions), Merchant (+6 Merchant bonus). I also like to take Apothecary (+8 Alchemy bonus).
>>
>>3551890
Should clerics use leather over chain? I'm worried about the recovery penalty.
>>
>>3551508
A step down, shorter, more of the same gameplay, less classes and some of them are not that good, and a class is fucking broken, if you liked 6 & 7 you'll like 8 despite all of that.
>>
File: even speedwagon is afraid.png (335KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
even speedwagon is afraid.png
335KB, 640x480px
>tfw cleaning up the entire Barrows on my first visit to stone city

Doesn't feel right having that much gold so early in the game and nothing to spend it on
>>
>>3551930
Clerics do even worse in physical combat than sorcerers, being the weakest class in hand-to-hand combat, so to me their recovery never really mattered. Mace has 80 base recovery, Expert Chain adds 10, so not much difference. This is slow no matter how you look at it.

This doesn't matter much though. When you get Light/Dark, clerics will mostly be casters anyway. Chain recovery penalty won't matter for them.

Because of all this, I usually went with chain plus shield for most of my runs: protection matters more for clerics since their HP is so shit.
>>
>>3551667
In order of usefulness:

Duper/Merchant
Gate Master/Wind Master
Instructor/Teacher (or Scholar until you get ID)

>>3551930
Recovery doesn't affect spells. Until you get to a point where you rely on Cleric melee you don't worry about it. Extra recovery also isn't as important until you get near recovery cap.

>>3551508
It's a step down because of awful class balance. You only have 1 character and others join as you explore. The problem is you can get 2 dragons and a couple level 50s by the time you leave the 2nd zone.

It's still worth playing.
>>
>>3551949
Buying $25K spell books will make you reconsider I'm afraid
>>
>>3551957
Not to mention training really goes up in cost once you get the 1st and 2nd promotion.
>>
>>3551959
Unpromoted cost: 1x base
1st promotion: 2x base
2nd promotion: 3x base
>>
>>3551956
>You only have 1 character and others join as you explore.
Well, you can always hex edit the savefile and overwrite the bytes for the first few mercs you encounter with a character you create on a different savefile to make a party of your own.
>>
>>3551508
shorter, but more nonlinear than 7, with more usable classes.

if you liked 6 and 7, you will definitely like 8.
>>
>>3552102
Yes, Greyface has a tool to create a full party at level 1, but the game isn't designed that way.
>>
pls gib general strategic tips for HoMM3 campaigns
I feel like finally beating the main ones after JA2
>>
>>3552137
see
>>3544649

For campaigns Pathfinding is often more useful because of all the different terrain, but the guide is pretty applicable for most anything.
>>
>>3517295
Back when I first played this game as a 10 year old that couldn't read English at a complex level, I even thought this guy was a fucking retard. He was also great at removing dragonflies.
>>
>>3542886
Yeah it had barely nothing except for those cunt sharks.
>>
>>3552157
>I even thought this guy was a fucking retard.
pls dont bully the sub 100iq swordsman
>>
>>3552189
>pls dont bully the sub 70iq swordsman
Fixed
>>
>>3552137
One thing to know about H3 campaigns is that some of them aren't very fair. Often, the enemy will have bullshit advantages over you. But you can make them easier for yourself.

Most campaigns (at least speaking of Shadow of Death) let you carry certain characters from one mission to another. So, it's rather desirable that you level these guys up to max allowed levels. Try not to miss any +Defense/Attack/Power/Knowledge map structures (don't forget some towns can build these too).

If you want to take this further, you can max out mage guilds in all of your towns to teach the heroes all of the best spells before the end of mission.

Don't forget though that only few select characters will be carried over to following scenarios. They also won't keep any of their artifacts.
>>
I kinda like the MM7 artifact/relic system—that most of them have flaws and don't really break the game, but also provide unique powers (like that Meditation +15 staff). It's not the pointless 0.1% drop grinding for plain better equipment, and yet it maintains the "collector's item" feel.

I guess I've played enough of Dragon Quest to embrace this change so much.
>>
File: NO FUN ALLOWED.jpg (65KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
NO FUN ALLOWED.jpg
65KB, 425x450px
>Played H4 for the first time in years
It's just get combat skill for a couple heroes and watch the them steamroll the whole map without even needing units.

Now I remember why I didn't like the game that much.
>>
>>3552683
get equilibris
>>
>>3544623
sharing life is a spell with a poor description.
It's not a continuing effect. At time of cast it distributes the hp and that's it
>>
Intredasting...
>>>/v/354387038
>>>/v/354387627
>>>/v/354388075
>>
File: contra spread gun.png (1007B, 24x15px) Image search: [Google]
contra spread gun.png
1007B, 24x15px
> go to Titans' Stronghold to get some relics
> expect hard battles, since no GM Protection from Magic
> 2–3 shots of Shrapmetal destroy a titan
Has necromancy gone too far?
>>
>>3553216
We warned you about Shrapmetal.

With Blood Titans you can get instawiped if you get unlucky. EACH SPARK has a proc for instadeath.
>>
Have you ever had battles/situations in MM you weren't prepared for?

I just remembered one…

> RAAC party, light path
> 2 archers kill everything from afar
> didn't get Prismatic Light though—why I need that, right
> decide go to the Pit
> queens and speakers summon hordes of ghosts
> MFW each one detracts the archers' aim
>>
>>3553226
>With Blood Titans you can get instawiped if you get unlucky. EACH SPARK has a proc for instadeath.
It's not much of a nuisance, I just have to save/load occasionally. Either they wipe me before I get a chance to act, or vice versa.

Several days ago I went through the Maze without any difficulty, it was my easiest run through it.
>>
>>3553230
Playing the Xeen spawn mod from http://www.jeffludwig.com/xeen/.

The fight with Darzog was absolutely nuts. 1500 hp, attacks everyone at once, and each attack has a chance to turn you to stone and kick you down to -150 hp. He's a complete joke in the base game, but with 10x hp I had to leave, run the Volcano Cave, get Implosion, and come back before I could kill him. It didn't help that the mod also increased the cost of Implosion to 150.
>>
I don't suppose any of you guys would have a fix for that MM7 diagonal walking/slow walking bug would you?

I've looked everywhere and while plenty of people have issues with it in the GOG version nobody seems to have a working solution
>>
>>3552683
Yeah. Get GM combat and some more defence spells in life and nature school and you can stab 'em down painfully slow. No GM spells or damage attributes really needed.

But if you don't know that it's actually a fun ride and pretty balanced. Vampires still kick ass though. I found out after watching playthroughs and I have fond memories playing that game.
>>
File: WHAT.png (449KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.png
449KB, 640x480px
W-why are the bowmen wearing miniskirts?

I am extremely uncomfortable with this
>>
>>3508045
>Lizardmen
>Good
Scalies get out
>>
Is it me, or sorcerers are the most useful class in MM7?

—GM Light/Dark
—TP, Fly, Invisibility (also Telekinesis)
—Fire Aura to sell garbage weapons for 2000 a pop
—Enchant Item to get +100AC and forget about the race for best armor
—Lloyd's Beacon to forget about healing
—Master Alchemy, GM ID Monster/Item to boot
—Actually dealing some damage too (with dual daggers of infernos)

Downsides:
—Low health
—Could use GM Meditation
—That's it?
>>
>>3553273
Does the grayface patch not fix it?
>>
>>3553591
maybe letting their nuts hang freely helps their archery
>>
>>3553724
the fact that they are the only class that can use lloyds beacon alone makes them essential.

why nwc didnt give at least druids GM elemental is beyond me.
>>
>>3553928
Am I alone in thinking that LB should not be permitted to cast near enemies, at least when inside? I mean, that's the cheapest spell in the whole game right here. You can't rest near enemies—but with LB you can warp to Harmondale, heal and warp back; rinse, wash, repeat. It simply makes alchemy obsolete and basically gives you unlimited ammo.

The requirements for the spell also do not suit its power. Arch Mage/Lich promotion is not hard to get, GM Water teacher resides in Harmondale ffs. All you have to do is go to Evenmorn and buy the spell, it's expensive but that's about it. It's nowhere near as difficult as getting Armsmaster GM or Warlock promotion quest.
>>
>>3513358
>Ironically, the hardest part of the game was Emerald Island.

The first thing you should do after starting the game is activate the DotG pedestal. It also lets you pass the challenge pedestal for free skill points with every character.
>>
>>3536024
What is the best ore? Erudine? I keep getting endgame stuff out of it.
>>
>>3554057
Stalt (orange), AFAIK. You can find some on top of that super-high mountain in Nighon if you jump it long enough
>>
>>3554041
>The first thing you should do after starting the game is activate the DotG pedestal
Yeah, for my current game I did exactly that. I somehow forgot where it was on my previous run. I remembered from the back of my head it wasn't supposed to be that hard.

> It also lets you pass the challenge pedestal for free skill points with every character.
Whoa, so it lets you cheat the challenges? Didn't know this, now they will sure get easier, thanks. I thought they only base stats counted for challenges.
>>
>>3545203
It's actually Sandro, so it's 5% per level, my dude.
>>
File: 1407349235909.jpg (46KB, 412x428px) Image search: [Google]
1407349235909.jpg
46KB, 412x428px
tfw no one to play heroes 3 multiplayer with yet
>>
File: dude please.png (16KB, 78x98px) Image search: [Google]
dude please.png
16KB, 78x98px
>>3554273
You think it's +5% damage per level, like this:

> level 1: +20% damage
> level 2: +25%
> level 3: +30%

But the 5% refers to the skill effect itself. So it's 5% FROM 15%, or only 0,75% bonus per level.

So it goes like:

> level 1: +15,75% damage
> level 2: +16,50%
> level 3: +17,25%
> …
> level 20: +30%

This is a common mistake people make.
>>
>>3554281
Is that supposed to be Sir Mullich?

I never touched H3 multiplayer so I don't know, but I've read there are different options for online play. The problem I have is, the games take forever. I mean, take your average time for playing a map, then multiply it by 2 as your opponent also makes turns. Yep.
>>
>>3554312
I dont mind that.
>>
>>3554298
I'm not arguing that Sorcery is both a great skill and specialty, I'm arguing that it's not in the LITERALLY GARBAGE category like Eagle Eye.
>>
>>3554312
Latest HotA has consecutive turn mode for 2-3 players, as far as I know.
>>
>>3551508
8 is what you play if you like 6 and/or 7. It's a downgrade in party building and balance but it's otherwise still a great game. None of its flaws - the biggest being the move to hirelings - justify not playing it if you're a fan.

Conversely, it's probably the least likely of 6-8 that's going to convince new players.
>>
>>3554323
Yes, it is better than Eagle Eye and Learning, because at least it does something. But it simply doesn't come close to the rest of the skills in the game, and its effect is barely noticeable. Not only it's limited to damage spells only, but it also grants a weirdly small bonus which simply doesn't justify wasting a precious skill slot on it.

This has been discussed over and over, both in this thread and elsewhere, and still people argue for this skill. I don't know what makes people think it's so great. 15% bonus is just laughable, just get + Power artifacts instead.
>>
>>3554298
>But the 5% refers to the skill effect itself.
It's [skill]*[1+0,05*lvl]?

I was always thinking it's [skill]*[[1,05]^lvl]
>>
>>3554451
>It's [skill]*[1+0,05*lvl]?
Yes. See http://heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Hero_specialty#Secondary_skill_specialties

> I was always thinking it's [skill]*[[1,05]^lvl]
No, it's not computed like an interest rate, it's just a linear function
>>
>>3554456
So what hero specialties are worth giving a fuck about them?
Logistics?
What else?
>>
>>3554416
>I don't know what makes people think it's so great
Nobody said it's great, you doofus.
>>
>>3554465
Offense
Armorer
Skeletons and other key units for your faction
Good starting spells like Resurrection/Raise Dead
Necromancy
maybe Archery for specific setups

That's about it from the top of my head
>>
>>3554456
>>3554484
Gold. There's no bad surprise with gold specialty heroes, you get exactly what you pay for. It might not seem like much but a 350/day boost makes all the difference at higher difficulties.

I'd say resources specialty heroes ought be worth it too but as it happens none of those heroes belong to the faction that need that particular resource the most so...
>>
>>3554529
Yep, well I was mostly thinking of main heroes.
>>
So, this thread will soon reach bump limit. Which month should astrologers proclaim? Probably the month of spooks. But what should the month description be?

Check out this fanart I found
>>
>>3554658
Either >>3506448 or skeleton population doubles.
>>
File: Lich.gif (48KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Lich.gif
48KB, 256x256px
>>3554664
This
>>
>>3554658
Month of the plague, every month.
Just like in the game.
>>
>>3554658
What the hell is that thing next to the Unicorn and Lich? Can't tell if its a ghost or a monk.
>>
>>3554687
Looks like a Wight
>>
>>3554687
Yep looks like his other wight drawing
>>
>>3554658
>>3554695
did a little russian kid draw this or something
>>
File: untitled98.jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
untitled98.jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>3547076
cyberzombie deserves to be next thread's OP
>>
File: PhoenixIII.png (23KB, 100x129px) Image search: [Google]
PhoenixIII.png
23KB, 100x129px
NEW THREAD, REBORN FROM THE ASHES AGAIN
>>3554712
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.