[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mini nes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

anyone excited for the mini nes? i am!
>>
I don't need to buy a dedicated system to emulate. I'm sure hipsters and nu-males will love the nerd cred they get from it though.
>>
>>3506359
hipsters buy original consoles and "collect" for them though.

this is exactly the kind of thing a hipster would hate
>>
>>3506359
Retro gaming isn't your secret club.
>>
>>3506380
Don't recall saying it was.
>>
>>3506389
It's a billion dollar industry. you're trendy
>>
>>3506342

I'm excited to buy a dozen and sell them to normalfags on e-bay at christmas for nice little profit.
>>
No, I bought an avs
>>
>>3506394
...Ok? Do you have a point?
>>
>>3506394
>implying a 40-something anon is trendy because he likes things that were contemporary in his time
What are you even talking about.
>>
>>3506369

Depends on how into the culture the hipster is, I guess. I do imagine that that the top-tier ones would rather waste money on a CIB Earthbound or something they feel they can brag about.

I do think the primary market will be gift-givers who have a gamer in the family and 30-somethings who see it and think "Oh, hey, I had one of those Nintendos growing up, too bad I sold it 20 years ago! This'll be fun!" or "This will be a cheap way to show my 5 year old the games I played as a kid!"
>>
It would be cool if they had all the NES titles, but it's only 30 games. I would much rather just emulate instead if i'm not going to be playing on the original console.
>>
It's a cheap, easy way to play the classics. It will be a great gift and Nintendo stock are going to see a nice boost when it's the must have xmas gift.

It reaches the vast majority of people who would like to play these games without the headaches and hassles of "emulation"
>>
>>3506342
Looks like a cool novelty, some good games, I can see a lot of people getting ti for Christmas. Might even get one for my dad, he played my NES more than I did when I was a kid.
>>
Good for people who suck at computers, pretty fucking stupid for everyone else.
>>
I'm excited! Can't wait to see the massive shitstorm it will be when people figure out that their overhyped nostalgia product is actually shit.
Then we'll have some neat cheap second-hand shells and gamepads for tinkering.
>>
I know a lot of people who are getting one, mostly 'normies' as it were, but whatever. They're older, have a wife and kid, and want to bring some memories back.

Personally I look forward to all the people complaining about how boring/shitty/hard the games are and wondering where duck hunt is in the collection (RIP light guns).

Personally, this is the kind of thing I'd get my kids if I were a parent, and I'd tell them they had to beat X game if they wanted something from me.

But then again, it'd be better to reward them practicing useful skills then to reward them for playing video games all day.
>>
No, I still have my original NES and a CRT TV.
>>
>>3506342
If the controllers were PC compatible I would've bought a bunch as Christmas presents.

The machine itself I don't understand. Either you have an NES, you buy these games on VC or you emulate. What purpose does this serve except as an impulse buy for someone incredibly lazy/out of touch?
>>
>>3506342
>mini nes
>release is going to be 4th quarter 2016
Not retro
>>
im excited as crap, im gonna buy 5 of the things and put it in teh bathroom and take a shit while i play it all day
>>
>>3506342
Maybe a bit, for my normie friends. They are more receptive at gaming if they have the "cool" system instead of my "old" consoles.
>>
>buy
>play through favorite games
>then ???
Back on the shelf in the box it goes, I guess
>>
>>3506920
It's a licensed tiny NES that's pre loaded and pre configured, for 60 bux. Not much more to it.
>>
>>3506342
I just want to be able to play some nes games without having to have a crt in my dorm and/or deal with the hassle of a finicky nes.
I'd rather get the top loader and collect all the nes games. Found out there is only like <800 games and I'm sure a quarter of those are shit and another quarter are sports games. Seems like a pretty attainable number to start collecting.
>>
I'd like one, but I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on one until next year, and that's assuming Nintendo even bothers to produce more after the initial shipment. You'd think they wouldn't be so stupid as to stop producing something in such high demand, but the way they've handled Amiibos worries me.
>>
>>3506934
>games programmed when?

You could at least put in the effort in reasoning why this is a bad thread
>>
>>3506920
well it's less than half of the price of buying all those games on eshop, not including the cost of the wii, wii u, or 3ds needed to play them. It looks nostalgic, the controllers will likely be comparable to the originals, and it should be a simple plug'n'play solution. Sure it may not pack the versatility of something like a raspberry pi with emulators, but you also won't likely match the same price, authenticity of controllers, and ease of purchase/use. There's certainly some impulsiveness/laziness involved but it's not as if someone has to put all their effort into video games. There are people out there who will see this and say 'great, a way for me to play old games that's simple and easy to use'. Maybe themselves will be in mind, maybe a relative instead. Point is, the market is there, whether or not you understand the motives behind its purchase is irrelevant.
>>
I'd be excited if it could be loaded with more games. Seems pretty easy to add in an SD card slot and allow it to connect to the E-shop or something.

I'll definitely pick up an NES controller though.,
>>
I'm going to buy one of those controllers and go back to emulating NES games on my Wii and big CRT.
>>
>>3506920
Dude, you can connect wiimotes to a PC with bluetooth
>>
>>3506920
It's a cute tiny NES toy.
The fact it also plays games is just kind of neat, like Transformers with spring-loaded missiles. It really shoots!
>>
I want the replica NES controller it comes with. Supposedly it just uses the same connector that the Wii Remote had for accessories.
>>
>>3507365
I didn't say it was a bad thread dingus, I just said it's not retro. The fact your confused by either of those facts proves you're a tard.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.