[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion of this game? I like it, and find myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: PsychoDreamBoxShotSNES.jpg (215KB, 610x350px) Image search: [Google]
PsychoDreamBoxShotSNES.jpg
215KB, 610x350px
What is your opinion of this game? I like it, and find myself drawn to it. There is something welcoming about the surrealness and oddness of it.
>>
File: hello there.jpg (30KB, 400x347px) Image search: [Google]
hello there.jpg
30KB, 400x347px
>>3504931
>What is your opinion of this game?
I'm wild about Psycho Dream. It's artsy, ethereal and really captures that occult feeling OVAs were so good at giving off. It's not exactly the most tight game but the presentation and stage design had me enthralled.

If there were just two more stages I think it'd be perfect but I have a theory the game was rushed and had there been more time it would have matured into something really captivating. The fact that we're sitting here right now is proof they were really onto something.
>>
>>3504931
my opinion is that i never heard of the game before and I'll think I'll try it out, thanks.
>>
>>3505150
Buckle up friendo
>>
File: Psychodream33.jpg (61KB, 599x459px) Image search: [Google]
Psychodream33.jpg
61KB, 599x459px
>>3505143
OP here. I got the same feeling too, the music really help set the mood.

>>3505150
It is a fun, if not odd action platformer.
>>
Bought it blind one day in Japan because of the cover and the cheap price.
It's great but I finished it in one hour on the first try.
>>
it's fer queeahs
>>
It's really repetitive and the controls aren't so great. There's so many other SNES games I'd rather play than this.
>>
>>3504931
Cool graphics, pretty much the best box art ever, and average gameplay.
>>
Didn't Sunsoft buy all of Telenet's IP not too long ago?

guess it really was all for nothing, i haven't heard any good news or anything besides "games are coming to Virtual Console"
>>
>>3507219
Paulie pls
>>
>>3504931
Plays like shit. Sounds like shit (although, I think it's intentionally so, music that doesn't belong to stages and boss themes are pretty well made, stage music is all weird and discordant and sounds like something a random music generator shat out). Overall pretty lame.

Hooowever, if you are into trippy/dreamlike stuff and bizarre enemy designs, it's pretty memorable as a good example of that stuff. I am into that kind of thing and I enjoyed that aspect of the game, enough to remember it exists at least. Otherwise it's like "Valis but slightly trippier"

Also, OP, do you follow Zeta by any chance?
>>
>>3507779
Zeta? Zeta Gundam?
>>
>>3507779
Music is composed by the person who composed for Wild Arms
>>
>>3508569
Nevermind then.

>>3508597
So it's intentionally weird. Well at least now I know.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.