[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rsg/ - Retro Speedrunning General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: chibi-caveman.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
chibi-caveman.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
Are there any old games which you're good at beating in a quick pace?
>>
I would really prefer if you'd be quiet
>>
Super Mario Bros for sure

I also got pretty good at speed running the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time when I decided to do a 3 heart no death run. I've basically got the game memorized up until after the long shot.
>>
Speedrunning is for faggots.
>>
>>3502609
that has to be the most autistic group of white males ever
>>
>>3502609
Speedrunning is bad, and you should feel bad for liking it.
>>
File: 60f3bb488df0a2d5.jpg (39KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
60f3bb488df0a2d5.jpg
39KB, 700x394px
THIS IS NOW A DOLPHIN THREAD

post dolphins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLmOMxo2z84
>>
>the replies in this thread

This is the state of /vr/ everyone.
>>
File: Fina_Flag.jpg (28KB, 483x350px) Image search: [Google]
Fina_Flag.jpg
28KB, 483x350px
>>
>>3502609
Im pretty damn good at beating battletoads, i swiftly reach stage 3 face few walls then immidetly pull up the cartridge and start beating it with my bare fists.
>>
File: DOLPHINS.jpg (13KB, 250x332px) Image search: [Google]
DOLPHINS.jpg
13KB, 250x332px
>>3502654
>>
File: retro_bubble.png (102KB, 701x249px) Image search: [Google]
retro_bubble.png
102KB, 701x249px
>>
>>3502656
>This is the state of /vr/ everyone.
Speedrunning is not /vr/. It's an unrelated hobby for children, as evident in OP's pic. The fact that simple (and therefore usually old) games are commonly played is completely incidental. Don't forget to take your Ritalin.
>>
File: metroid2clear.jpg (30KB, 1280x1152px) Image search: [Google]
metroid2clear.jpg
30KB, 1280x1152px
>all this pissing and moaning ITT

I wasn't aware /vr/ was full of casual scrubs.
>>
>>3502670
These are the words of an anon so impatient to die, he takes his hot cocoa with ice.
>>
Both Mega Man X and Super Metroid are mine
>>
>>3502663
Oh I get it you're implying that I have autism by saying I need to remember to take my Ritalin. Except Ritalin is mainly used to treat ADD, and using it for autism has only limited research and is an off label use. Hmm.

The OP asked a simple question, "are there any old games you can complete quickly", and you fags had to sperg out on him because HURR DURR THATS AUTISTIC NOT RETRO PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD AT VIDEOGAMES ARE NERDS. On a fucking retro videogame board. Wow.
>>
>>3502683
The logic is impeccable. Speedrunners go fast. The Sonic fandom goes fast. There's a clear correlation between going fast, and being insane.

You know who else went fast? Howard Hughes.
>>
>>3502685

I can beat Mega Man X1 2 and 3 in around an hour, but I've never really "timed" it out.

I know the optimum route to 100% get stuff in like Demon's Crest but I've never bothered to speedrun.

I 1CC games like Sunset Riders but that's not necessarily "speedrunning" is it?

I do try and not dawdle while I play, but I don't autistically go after the fastest time.
>>
>>3502685
LoL Great post anon!
>>
I dont see anything wrong with speedrunning as long as it doesn't gas someone's head up and leave with this "i'm better than everyone else because I can beat this game fastest". Now that I think about it maybe everyone that hates speedrunning with a passion is jealous of speedrunners because even with 50,000 confirmed hours of playing any single game they still can't get good.
>>
>>3502690
>>
>>3502609
Streets of Rage 1 and 2.
>>
Used to really be into SotN speedrunning, my time with the old Alucard route was around 35 minutes.
>>
>>3502624
>>3502652
>>3502656
>>3502663
>>3502674

King of the Samefag
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.