[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man X Series Discussion Thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: magnacentipede.jpg (225KB, 518x799px) Image search: [Google]
magnacentipede.jpg
225KB, 518x799px
This is a thread dedicated to discussing the Mega Man X series.

Personally, I would put the original one as my favorite. I also really enjoyed the second one and felt it was almost as strong as the first one. I particularly loved the maverick designs in this one (pic related).

X3 felt like a step down, while X4 aside from the cringy story was a breath of fresh air. X5 seemed to be the last one where they seemed to put an effort in, and X6 was absurdly difficult (flaming donuts of doom etc.).
>>
I love x1 and x2 the same but x3 did have some cool looking bosses and some of the best music, however I felt the overall level design was bland..

I have played through x1 so many times and I ace it at high speeds to the point where its become laughably simple. Makes me miss how it felt to play it for the first time... feelings lost forever..

I think the most memorable fight would be Flame Stag. Too fucking cool but if only it was more challenging.

Anyone else show the robot masters some respect and fight them with buster only?? I feel like a dishonorable prick when I win by using their weakness..
>>
>>3502753
Or an e-tank. Dirrrrty move and you should have your wires removed one-by-one, scumbot.
>>
>>3502753
>Anyone else show the robot masters some respect and fight them with buster only??

I tend to only use the weapons on the bosses. Unless I know what I'm doing, I buster my way through the stages like a god damn pleb instead of using helpful special weapons.
>>
the second X game is awesome for going fast with the speed burner and wire sponges weapon, you can do all kinds of cool shit
>>
Ex-Nintenfag here.

Are Megaman X on PS1 are good ? I loved each Megaman X when i was kid (especially the X3)
>>
>>3502954
X4 is good, X5 and X6 are a bit polarizing, X5 in general is a bit unconventional with the time limit thing going on, and X6 had some shitty level design, but is arguably the hardest game in the X series, so some people like the difficult however artificial it may be.
>>
>>3502963
Timer in Mega Man X ?

Wut
>>
>>3502963
I recently replayed the game and the time limit and rank thing really made the game unenjoyable.

You can 8 of the 16 parts at best. You need to check a guide for that.
If you want 8 parts, you need to waste the 4 first hur of the time limit to do it.

And there is that awfull motor cycle part where you need to grad 8 bit of energy to have an armor part. That part is awfully and is required to get the full armor that, that itslef is required to get the other armor.

X5 had moment where I want to throw the controller. In Dark Dizzy stage, you have bat that throw spike on the are platform that are flotting in the void. It is cheap and annoying.

At least in X6, you can get a fullset of equipement if you are carefully enought. The final fortress remain horrible though.
>>
X1-3 are definitely my earliest videogame loves. They're embedded deep in my psyche. The Mavericks, the music, the art. Also, if you use anything other than the X-buster, fuck off.

4 and 5 are way too edgy/anime-tier. Never played any beyond that.
>>
>>3503194
Who cares about the anime shit? Just ignore it and focus on the gameplay.
>>
>>3502985
You gotta collect parts for a thing to be 100% reliable to continue to the Sigma levels. It's a pretty useless mechanic.
You can also crouch in X5, which is neat.
>>
>>3502963
I fucking hate the nightmare effects in Turtloids stage. Aside from that I like the level design in X6, even the fucking donuts (which are easy as fuck with Zero's R2 button ability)
>>
>>3503380
X6 has painful moment, but I think it is better than X5. Sure there is Ground Scravitch Stage in the museum full of shit. But there is NO bike stage with the 8 little shit you need to grab.

Sure you can lose permanently a part, but at least you are able to get a good chunk of them AND have all of them.
>>
File: 1386760199055.jpg (206KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1386760199055.jpg
206KB, 400x400px
>>3503509

Is it true that you can permanently lose an Armor Part in X5 if you beat the boss of the Volcano stage (Dinorex?) without collecting it?
>>
>>3503856
No, the part is outside the boss room. I don't think you can lose it.
>>
File: 1405718716556.png (5KB, 224x209px) Image search: [Google]
1405718716556.png
5KB, 224x209px
>>3503924

Huh... Because I remember not being able to get the Gaea Armor part after beating the boss on a revisit to that stage when I played X5 as a kid. I guess I'll have to try and replay it to get to that section of the game again to double-check...
>>
Peaked at X3.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.