[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

retro anti-war games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

retro anti-war games?
>>
>>3501105
>teleports behind u
>snaps neck
Nuthin personel kid
>>
Super Mario RPG is literally about stopping a bunch of weapons from destroying the world's hopes and dreams.
>>
Fallout, arguably
>>
>>3501152
I forgot about that.
>>
>>3501105

NAM 1976. The game literally features the main character asking himself "Am I ready to go back into this hell?" while looking terrified, then pissed off.
>>
>>3501105
lol
>>
File: A5200_Missile_Command.png (826B, 336x225px) Image search: [Google]
A5200_Missile_Command.png
826B, 336x225px
>>3501105
Missile Command
>>
File: 304397-evolution2_007[1].jpg (42KB, 569x480px) Image search: [Google]
304397-evolution2_007[1].jpg
42KB, 569x480px
>>3501105
Not necessarily anti-war, but I'm going to mention Evolution 2, as its plot themes a lot around friendship. Even the protagonist's Talent skillset is entirely about getting help from the other characters in-battle.

In the ending, the protagonists literally accept the main villain as a friend right after beating him.
>>
>>3501105
That's not how you start overrated games general.
>>
>>3503063
This, kek.
>>
>>3502840
I wanted to like both Evolution 1 & 2, but that level scaling pisses me off.
>>
>>3502243
https://youtu.be/A9gCrw9GPqM
Holy shit that's awesome
>>
File: cannon_fodder_01.png (3KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
cannon_fodder_01.png
3KB, 320x256px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOT1QeOJAc
>>
>>3503696
Cannon Fodder just hits the nail on the head so hard. Love how the game has your volenteer soldiers line up to fight right in front of the graveyard of fallen like they're just more fuel for the meatgrinder. And the fact that killed soldiers are mentioned just as a footnote after a mission, like someone fast forwarding through credits at the end of a movie.
>>
>>3503395
>but that level scaling pisses me off.
Why? I've once farmed in the last dungeon of the game and got to level 96 with every character. By that point it took like 30 minutes (of reentering the same room and killing the closest enemy that spawned over and over) to level up each time. So I got bored and never reached 99. I could kill any enemy in 1-2 normal attacks.

It's such a comfy game, too. It's not particularly hard and I like the simple, anime-like graphics quite a lot. I play it through the end at least once a year.
>>
>>3501105
>no radar is too hard unless u memorized the whole games
>yes radar is too easy
Also mgs1 has the best voice acting and scenes compared to 2 and 3
>>
No such thing as an anti-war game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.