[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

Thoughts on these?
>>
I think you're nice if you're looking to save room. Personally I prefer the real cart over the ever drive.
>>
I bought a Mega Everdrive and it was probably one of the best investments I've made. It all comes down to how you like to play your games though.
>>
>>3500381
N64 v3 is one of the best investments for a new N64 owner.

It's basically the price of:
>Mario Party 2,3 and Smash Bros

and gives you access to the vast majority of the library. N64 emulation sucks dick, and some games are just striaght up incompatible (like gauntlet legends)

Pretty much a great ivnestment for everyone, including shelf collectors.
>>
>>3500386
>real cart
you mean playing on the real thing? or is 'real cart' some other similar product?

>>3500479
>N64 v3
Is this something different to everdrive?

Regarding SNES, is it true it can't play games like Yoshi's Island/SMRPG etc that use that SFX chip?
>>
>>3500381
Snes emulated perfectly, so thats a waste of money.

N64 emulates like shit. Get a flashcart.
>>
>>3500381
Very convenient. I don't notice any differences in gameplay. I don't have an SD2SNES but I have the regular Super Everdrive and it works perfectly, obviously apart from SuperFX and special chip games.

Saves fine, the time to load the ROM into memory is faster than actually physically swapping out the cart. ED64 v3 is the bomb for N64, no problems there - there's nothing that doesn't work (use good ROM rips).

But I can't help but feel the SD2SNES/SuperED's a bit overpriced, I'd probably look at the chink ones and weigh up if it's worth the extra money for the krikzz ones.
>>
>>3500502
Also this. Higan has pretty much made me consider selling my SNES altogether.

As this guy said, N64 emulation is still shit (passable for the classics) so yeah cheap ass console+ED64 is a great setup.
>>
>>3500479
>vast majority
what's incompatible?
>>
Is there a reason they are so expensive?
>>
>>3500684
Well made by one guy in his basement. You can get a mass produced chink one that might fail, but most I hear about are fine. Though I cant find them to buy anymore for cheap.
>>
>>3500381
Is the chink version reliable? I'm not paying 200€ for the same shit I can get for 80.
>>
>>3500495
>Regarding SNES, is it true it can't play games like Yoshi's Island/SMRPG etc that use that SFX chip?
Games that work partially / don't work now but probably will in the future because of a firmware update:
• BSX games
• Car Ranger
• Crayon Shin Chan
• Gegege No Kitarou
• Gekisou Sentai Carranger: Zenkai Racer Senshi
• Poi Poi Ninja
• Sailor Moon Stars Panic 2
• SD Gundam Generations: part 1
• SD Gundam Generations: part 2
• SD Gundam Generations: part 3
• SD Gundam Generations: part 4
• SD Gundam Generations: part 5
• SD Gundam Generations: part 6
• SD Ultra Battle: Seven Legend
• SD Ultra Battle: Ultraman Legend
• Sufami Turbo hardware
• Tetris 2+ Bombliss
• Dirt Racer
• Dirt Trax FX
• Doom
• Star Fox 2
• Star Fox / Starwing
• Stunt Race FX / Wild Trax
• Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
• Vortex
• Winter Gold / FX Skiing
• Daisenryaku Expert WWII: War in Europe
• Derby Jockey 2
• Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension
• Habu Meijin no Omoshiro Shogi
• Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1
• Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius
• J.League ’96 Dream Stadium
• Jumpin’ Derby
• Kakinoki Shogi
• Kirby’s Dream Land 3
• Kirby Super Star
• Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima
• Masters New: Haruka Naru Augusta 3
• Mini 4WD Shining Scorpion Let’s & Go!!
• Pebble Beach no Hotou: New Tournament Edition
• PGA European Tour
• PGA Tour ’96
• Power Rangers Zeo: Battle Racers
• SD F-1 Grand Prix
• SD Gundam G NEXT
• Shin Shogi Club
• Shogi Saikyou
• Shogi Saikyou 2
• Super Bomberman Panic Bomber World
• Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
• Super Robot Taisen Gaiden: Maso Kishin – The Lord Of Elemental
• Far East of Eden Zero
• Momotaro Dentetsu Happy
• Super Power League 4

Games that will probably never EVER work
• Star Ocean (unhacked version)
• Street Fighter Alpha 2 / Zero 2
• Hayazashi Nidan Morita Shougi
• Hayazashi Nidan Morita Shougi 2
>>
>>3500479
Not OP, but this is what I'm thinking as well. The 5th gen was a gen where I sat out the console war in favor of my GBC and PC, so my N64 and PS1 collections are incredibly tiny. Looking at prices for some of the games I'm interested in looking at, the Everdrive is the much more cost effective option in the long run even if it means I have to convince myself to pony up the $200 up front.
>>
>>3500697
Where is that list from?
>>
>>3501886
Probably from https://sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility
>>
>>3500690
Chink versions are arguably more reliable due to using real solder and being precision manufactured in the thousands instead of by hand in a Ukrainian garage. Never pay shill prices for a flashcart.
>>
SD2SNES is way overpriced, especially when the only feature it has over the competition is 'future firmware updates' that may never come. SNES flashcarts in general aren't a great investment by flashcart standards, I have the N64 and Mega Drive carts and they work perfect. Very happy with them.
>>
>>3501925
PRAISE THE GLORIOUS CHINESE EMPIRE
>>
>>3500697
>Gekisou Sentai Carranger: Zenkai Racer Senshi

maybe because its needs the sufami turbo ?
>>
>>3500381
An everdrive 64 is one of my best purchases of the last year. I freed up space, made some good money off of my more valuable N64 games, and now have access to all of them and freedom from reseller prices.

I have no idea on the SNES one, I'm turned off by the price and the claims of non-total compatibility.

I can also speak well of Genesis everdrives, those plus burned disks are the best way to enjoy the CD/32X mega tower.
>>
>>3500381
best thing to happen to the hobby.
>>
>>3500479
This. It's justified if you want three expensive titles. I've been planning to get one for quite some time because I don't have Harvest 64, Paper Mario, or Mario Party 2/3.
>>
>>3500381
Best way to play retro games unless you're an autistic collector that already has a full collection.
>>
https://junfangames.world.taobao.com/
Anyone bought from here?
Was thinking of getting the sd2snes.
>>
File: 22CART7[1].jpg (93KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
22CART7[1].jpg
93KB, 500x375px
Anyone here got this?
>>
>>3503365
probably, every other sufami game is on that list
>>
>>3507151
nope, still waiting on a solution that works for a PSone.
>>
>>3500381
Worth it, man. SNES games are expensive af. N64 games will probably be there in a couple years, too.
>>
It's cheap as fuck for a hobby. Emulation for SNES is 95% there but it's worth the money to have a nice set-up with the original hardware and CRTs.
>>
>>3507151
I have a ps1 with this port. Is this the easiest way to play backups?
>>
>>3507253
A modchip is probably the easiest, it's the simplest soldering job. PSIO still requires soldering, it's still quite simple to do just not as simple as a modchip.

The PSIO is not "plug in this thing and play," which at first glance it looks like.
>>
>>3507171
N64 games are already there, outside of SM64 and shitty sports games.
>>
>>3507361
Depends.
I just picked up star wars shadow of the empire for $10 usd.

Got resident evil 2 for 40.

Depends on the game, as always.
>>
>>3507359
Thanks anon, it definitely appeared plug and play. I'm not technically inept but I fear destroying my console with modding
>>
>>3501925
Where do you find the chink ones at a good price. Everywhere i look its 180 to 200.
>>
Picked up a SD2SNES a couple of weeks ago. I have the GameGear Everdrive, and it work great but the menu's look like something from dos 6.22. SD2SNES's menu is more polished. SD2SNES load times are also faster than the SEverdrive if that matters.

I started to buy every cart for the SNES, but its cheaper in the long run to put down the $200 for the SD2SNES (or less for the SEverdrive). Also, its the only way to play the Satellaview games on the original hardware.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.