[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tangodown/ - Rainbow Six general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

R6/Rogue Spear thread? Oh, alright then.

Are there any modern games similar to these around? As in where you choose your operatives, spend hours kitting them out and planning every single step they take, then watch them fuck it all up and get slaughtered marvelously. I remember the feeling at the time tended to be that the whole planning stage was boring and unneeded, but IMO that was the most engrossing part of the game. Also terrorist hunt.
>>
And what are the expansions like? I've not played them.
>>
>>3498790
fix for rogue spear, black thorn ecc for windows 10 when?
>>
Great game and still my favorite shooter. No need to make it a general.

There's an online community for this game and patches to make it work on modern hardware. I highly recommend playing it.
>>
>>3498790
yeah, one of the best shooters ever made, alas ubisoft totally fucked the series in the ass
>>
>>3498806
where do I even get it? It's not on any platforms and I can't even find a good torrent of it.
>>
>>3498842
The guy running it all is pretty cool.

>http://www.roguespeargaming.com/Downloads.aspx
>>
>>3498802

I'm sure I remember getting it working on W8 for a while, can't remember how
>>
>>3499076
>>3498857
>>
>>3498793
I don't know why but I really love that you can't see your guns in the original Rainbow Six games.
>>
>>3500081
For added realism it would have been nice to include the guns and animation, but I really think it was a product of the times. Quake and the like had the gun models visible, but R6 was a tactical game where that would have maybe overtaxed the hardware most of the market had at the time. Nice scenery and more complex maps might have been more important to the developer.

Makes me wonder if there isn't an interview covering this topic.
>>
>>3500139
IIRC there was alpha footage in the "making of" videos on the Covert Ops Essentials expansion that showed guns rendered.
>>
File: Chavez Dingo Ding.jpg (10KB, 147x217px) Image search: [Google]
Chavez Dingo Ding.jpg
10KB, 147x217px
>mfw tango doesn't stay down
>>
>>3498790
awesome games, great memories playing this in lan with muh buddies, they dont make games like this anymore
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20KB, 480x360px
How the fuck do you beat this level without anyone getting killed? It seems that I can execute the perfect plan for getting to the stage, having a team come in from backstage while another runs in from the front and another pops up in the gallery, but the guy guarding the hostages on the stage is more highly strung than a racehorse on heat. It always just seems to be luck more than anything.
>>
>>3503370
Isn't that really the same for every mission? ( I just allways pick Reserves hehe)
>>
>>3498790
Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front
XCOM
There should be more but I can't remember them
>>
>>3503370
the AI is stupid in these games, best way to deal with hostage levels is doing the work all alone while your back up team is ordered to wait outside of the building, so they cant fuck shit up!
>>
>>3498857
>>3499990

Hmm, I've managed to get it to run, but strangely on the 'briefing' and 'planning' screens the game lags to all hell. Like one frame every 3-4 seconds. Actual gameplay works perfectly though. Anyone seen anything similar on this or another game?
>>
>there are people who let actual team members be killed instead of reserves
>>
>>3503891
>Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front
Not retro, but that looks kickass. I played the DC gundam game and a few of the other PS2 ones but must have missed that. Sieg Zeon etc
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.