[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jagged Alliance 2 thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Jagged_Alliance_2_Coverart[1].png (126KB, 256x286px) Image search: [Google]
Jagged_Alliance_2_Coverart[1].png
126KB, 256x286px
Just decided to get into this game and running into difficulties both technical and gameplay related. Trying to complete vanilla before moving on to 1.13, like someone recommended in an earlier thread.

Technical problems involve slowass animations and screen scrolling, this happens in both gog and pirated gold version and is quite frustrating. Would welcome a fix if anyone has any.

I also don't get gameplay. Like my expert stealth merc can't sneak up on a hostile within shooting range even when it's pitch black, the guy is facing away, my merc has night goggles and is prone the whole time. What gives? How to generally succeed in both combat and money management?

Also, all things Jagged Alliance thread.
>>
>>3498150
>stealth
Is your character actually on stealth mode? Press z to toggle stealth mode on and off. Also, did you apply a camo kit? Are you using suppressed weapons? Lastly, stay away from light sources.
>>
File: 1309959418218.png (91KB, 1234x717px) Image search: [Google]
1309959418218.png
91KB, 1234x717px
>>3498150
>Technical problems involve slowass animations and screen scrolling
download and install 1.13 but switch to the vanilla config. it should contain technical fixes while retaining original gameplay, i think

>Like my expert stealth merc can't sneak up on a hostile within shooting range even when it's pitch black, the guy is facing away, my merc has night goggles and is prone the whole time
hold Delete or End to see fields of view
iirc vanilla has 360 visibility while 1.13 adds cone visibility and tunnel vision when using scopes/binoculars
>>
File: 1309959353892.png (89KB, 1443x900px) Image search: [Google]
1309959353892.png
89KB, 1443x900px
>>
The game gives you pretty scarce info and you pretty much need to know all the mechanics from the get-go to do well.

Like when I couldn't for the life of me figure out why my merc with a great rifle and near-optimal stats couldn't hit shit. Only after a while I thought that it's maybe that bandaged wound.

Yeah, it's logical when you think about it, but games have their own logic and it didn't make a lot of sense in video game logic.

Really hoping all that effort in learning the game's quirks will be worth it in the end.
>>
>>3498971
the game manual is pretty detailed in terms of game mechanics, as is the in-game help
>>
File: Gumpy.png (12KB, 106x122px) Image search: [Google]
Gumpy.png
12KB, 106x122px
>>
Seriously, what the shit?

I sneak up on two dudes, take them out with a knife throw to the head and those omniscient cunts all congregate on me even though there's absolutely nothing I could have possibly done to alert them. I'm in stealth mode and all, there is no animation of them using the walkie-talkie and one doesn't notice the other fall nor does he notice my knife thrower.

What the fuck? How does does this shit make any fucking sense?

I would just say fuck it and roll with it, but it's the map with the rocket rifle and it gets blown up before I can get to it.
>>
>>3500778
>it's the map with the rocket rifle and it gets blown up before I can get to it
the base in Alma, right?

>I sneak up on two dudes, take them out with a knife throw to the head and those omniscient cunts all congregate on me even though there's absolutely nothing I could have possibly done to alert them. I'm in stealth mode and all, there is no animation of them using the walkie-talkie and one doesn't notice the other fall nor does he notice my knife thrower.
maybe some other enemy scoped the dudes and saw them die
did you kill both in one turn?
could you have possibly agitated some enemy with noise that otherwise didn't start combat? that tends to break stealth kills

you could also try sneaking inside the building and blowing up the button that triggers the explosion
>>
>>3501249

I rushed into that room and used the doorway as a chokepoint to slaughter incoming grunts. It was a bitch though. Scored some camo kits for the first time, will see how those work.
>>
You're not going to like this recommendation, but just play 1.13.
>>
it's been said but get 1.13 and use the vanilla options.
>>
>>3498150
Instrad of getting 1.13, I recommend a mod called Stracciatella which will give you high resolution support without altering gameplay mechanics.
>>
Is Ellitot's face getting more and more bruised with every cutscene or is an illusion on my part?
>>
>>3503110
It gets more bruised each cut-scene
>>
I really don't recommend the stealth approach in vanilla. I've had the most success at night, but randomly someone would see me drop their companion, and fuck everything up. Rocket Rifle sucks anyway, Mortar all the way. PheeeeeeewwsssshhhBOOM!
>>
File: Razor.png (11KB, 106x122px) Image search: [Google]
Razor.png
11KB, 106x122px
>>3501356
This
I haven't touched vanilla and years
I love the new food and drink system
I had to adjust the settings to make the mercs really need food and water and now it's a whole new game
Logistics is seldom modeled in games, but an army marches on it's stomach
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.