[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ss+(2016-05-21+at+05.15.00).jpg (281KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-21+at+05.15.00).jpg
281KB, 800x600px
^ Diablo Thread

Is it just me or is Diablo II way, way too easy? Me and my brother have had the game for a good few years and played it over LAN but we're not exactly pros, we've always stopped around act 3 or 4 normal mode and never played on battle.net. We recently started playing the game again - he's a necromancer, and I'm a paladin. We thought the game would get harder in nightmare and hell mode, but we're up to act 4 in nightmare mode and it's still so easy that we're considering stopping. Nothing poses any kind of threat, the only time I've died is when I got caught out by a monster with thorns aura which reflected my really strong attack back and killed me. It pretty much feels like grinding at this point. Is necromancer + paladin just an undefeatable combo or is the game just mind numbingly easy?

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Diablo 1 multiplayer kicks our asses. It took forever to us to kill the skeleton king. Having fun with that currently.
>>
>>3498091
You are doing it wrong OP. The proper way to play Diablo 2 is on hardcore character on players 8. Thats when it gets fun.
>>
>>3498103
Trouble is, my brother is the only other person I know who has ever played Diablo 1 or 2 and I'm not too sure about playing online with random people.
>>
>>3498108
He didn't mean finding 7 random players.

Normally, in a multiplayer game, enemies will increase in power but also have a higher chance of dropping items etc depending on the number of players to compensate for the player advantage

But there's a console command you can type in to simulate that power increase except without needing other people with you
>>
>>3498108
You dont understand theres a command that let you generate an envoirement of 8 players or less. I think it dont work on multiplayer you just have to use /players 8 command once you enter the game on SP and the health of monsters will be like at 450% and the exp and numbers of items monsters drop will increase aswell.
>>
>>3498091
>Is necromancer + paladin just an undefeatable combo
Pretty much.
>>
>>3498103
I agree with the hardcore, but not with players 8. It just makes normal take so much longer since you need to level a little more to get through Act 4 and Act 5.

Most fun I had with Diablo was a singleplayer hardcore run through the game. The rush of near death when the difficulty spikes is a great feeling, and scrounging for your own gear instead of being able to farm for anything and trade it for exactly what you want is pretty great. I found myself using lots of blue magic items from vendors and elsewhere just because one or two good mods were often better than uniques not tailored to my class or rares with weird stat distributions. And I learned a lot about judging the value of certain stats where I previously ignored them or took it for granted (IE, how much easier things got with some +health items and how armor functioned.).
>>
Hello my friend. Stay a while and listen.
>>
>>3498479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jqcf4Yn9Ms
>>
>>3498123
Technically speaking, players 8 only changes a few things: Monster health and experience gain is increased by 450%, damage and attack rating is increased ~45%, and item drops by a small percentage (Changes for every enemy). On the item drops, having eight players works somewhat like MF, for example (numbers pulled out of my ass to illustrate the function, they're not correct) you'll see an 800% increase in white items dropping, a 400% increase in magic items, a 200% increase in rare/set items, and a 100% increase in uniques drop. The actual percentage though is pretty low, so while you do get more drops from the same amount of enemies, the extra time needed to kill those enemies makes it less efficient IMO.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.