[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is fucking terrible.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (53KB, 382x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 382x260px
This game is fucking terrible.
>>
>>3498074
it's a Rare game. they're all terrible.
>>
>>3498074
News at 11
>>
You guys made it look so bad I lowered my expectations so much I actually had fun with it. The collecting isn't even that annoying.
>>
>>3498089
>I actually had fun with it.

I have never been so sickened or disgusted in my entire career.
>>
>>3498104
>career
How is being a pro like?
>>
File: image.jpg (231KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 960x1280px
>>3498089
>The collecting isn't even that annoying
>>
Played it very recently for the first time on the Wii U VC version, so I don't have nostalgia for it.

Shit was really overwhelming. There's so MUCH to do and the levels get confusing as soon as you reach Frantic Factory. The backtracking was fucking atrocious too.

Had to savescumm at the minigames because the Wii U version runs faster than the normal N64 one, and the Bettle Race and Beaver Bother were next to impossible. Same with the final boss.

A mediocre game overall, 6/10 would not replay.
>>
I would have liked it if you didn't have to do those stupid minigames for almost every golden banana. I could have even lived with the different colored bananas if they didn't do that.
>>
Bloated gimmicky Banjo Kazooie with even goofier animations.
Yep, it's crap. But bloating was a fad at the time. They longer and bigger=better.
>>
>>3498319
Better that than the $60, 4-hour games we get today.
>>
I brought it on Wii U Virtual Console and the controls feel backwards. Is that how it feels on the actual hardware too? It's uncomfortable.
>>
>>3498347
How can you measure a game in hours? There's no set time for a game.
>>
>>3498371
By how long it takes to play through a game without dying multiple times and taking your time on objectives/exploring for no reason, obviously. The average time it takes someone to sit and play through a game in 1 go, minus collect-o-thon aspects. Are you serious right now?
>>
>>3498447
That's a ridiculous way to measure the length of a game, even if the game has an end.
>>
The only thing that irked me about that game is the amount of backtracking (which is like 90% of the game now that I think about it)
>Exploring as character A
>Find door that only character B can open
>Back track to barrel swap to character B
>Back track to door again top open it
>Inside is an item only character C can get
>Back track to barrel swap to character C
>Back track to door again to get item
DK64 in a nutshell
>>
>>3498319
>>3498347
It just feels longer because of the amount of backtracking you have to do. Seriously, it's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>3498353
Pro controller feels better than playing it on game pad, you can also switch controls
>>
Yep. The game is not about fun. The game is about collecting.
>>
>>3498475
yeah i don't know why they did this, most of the time it happens for absolutely no reason other than that they wanted to make the level take longer. it's the exact opposite of how you're supposed to balance a game with different characters
>>
>>3498074
You don't have to 100% the game, you know. It's just an extra bonus after you beat it. You have to backtrack in games like crash bandicoot too but no one cares
>>
>>3498371
>>3498467
Either autism or sucks at games.

How else could you measure the length of a game? And obviously games that have no ending are exempt.
>>
>>3498074
You seem to be confusing the game with your head.
>>
i loved this game, the music was pretty good too, but i understand what you're saying
>>
This game is an acquired taste, i personally find it better than Banjo tooie
>>
>>3498074
HE
>>
>>3498846
Lmao rekt
>>
101%ed it, Over 200 hours, yet I can't really argue that it's a good game.
>>
It's not a great game by any means. It has a comfy atmosphere to it thanks to the music, but it's little more than a massive collectathon without the charm and invention of the Banjo games. The platforming and combat itself is neither hard or particularly engaging. Your enjoyment literally does rely on whether you like walking around and collecting things. Some people take great satisfaction in being a completist, but that's not me personally.
>>
>>3500598
this desu
>>
>>3498074
I played most of it when they re-released it last year.

I liked how much it reminded me of the actually good rare games I played back in the day.

I think the game would be fine if any Kong could pick up any collectible. Or at the very least, they didn't do shit like putting Diddy Kong coins and Lanky Kong Bannanas on a path that leads to a golden banana for Donkey Kong. Just put each Kong's specific collectibles in areas that they naturally would go for golden bananas.
>>
Rare should've made Banjo 3 instead of this trash.
>>
>>3501470
If only
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.