[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of Zelda, The (NES)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

So I started playing this game and for whatever reason it just sucked me the fuck in. How has this game managed to draw me in despite it being almost three decades old?

I never really played a Zelda game before so I have no idea what to expect.
>>
Maybe you like it because it respects you as a player. It lets you go wherever you want and get lost. You create your own experience while playing the game.
>>
I had never played this game until earlier this year, and although I had played several other Zelda games, there is a unique feeling to this one. Something about the minimalism and the atmosphere maybe. I think about how Miyamoto describes being inspired by his memories of exploring the outdoors as a kid and I can really see what he means. When I was a kid playing in the woods, fantasizing about adventure, i was dreaming of something that felt like this.
>>
>>3495053
Probably because when you started the game, it literally fucking started. You were in instant control of your character.

and it didn't tell you where to go with 4 paths at the beginning and yadda yadda yadda
>>
>>3495125
It literally felt like playing Minecraft for the first time though.
>>
I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't re-released this game as a special HD edition where the only difference is better textures and more detailed mobs and player characters. Didn't they do this for Super Mario Bros.? Seems like a pretty easy feat that doesn't have to change a lot of the initial game. Hell, they could probably add a few new dungeons too.
>>
>>3495095
so sad that every iteration of zelda got less and less like this.
>>
>>3495153
>textures

Seems odd to hear in the context of an NES game. Am I crazy?
>>
>>3495153
There's the BS Zelda thing.
>>
There was a remake of this game for the SNES?
>>
>>3495187
Yes BS Zelda.
>>
>>3495186
BS Zelda?

>>3495176
Isn't the newest one promising to be open world?
>>
>>3495187
Here's the rom buddy boyo
http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(SNES)_ROMs/BS_Zelda_no_Densetsu_(Japan)_(BS)_[En+Hack_by_BSZHP_v20090124]_(~BS_The_Legend_of_Zelda)_(Link_Version)_(Timer+No_Limit)/33231
>>
Wait, it was actually called "BS Zelda" and that's not just some expression to call the game Bullshit Zelda?
>>
>>3495192
I know about emuparadise, but thanks. Also, are they like the only trustworthy website for roms? I downloaded some elsewhere and always ended up getting some kind of virus or unwanted bullshit.
>>
>>3495193
It's an ancient online service.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellaview
>>
>>3495195
yeah but that one has the correct patches pre-applied.
>>
>>3495195
They were giving you the Zelda game that you didn't know about guy. Unless that wasn't you
>>
I think BS stands for Bandai Satellaview.
>>
>>3495209
Was Bandai Satellaview actually Bull Shit?
>>
>>3495209
I thought it was Broadcast Satellite.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>3495179
I'm assuming he's talking about a version with redrawn sprites, kind of like the re-release of the original Final Fantasy on the PSP
>>
>>3495179
Repeating tiles could be classified as a texture.
>>
>>3495153
You know, a remake like Bionic Commando Rearmed would probably be hugely successful.

Of course, that's kinda what I feel ALBTW is to ALTTP.
>>
>>3495125
This

Zelda is so pick up and play it is ridiculous

And with how massive the scale of the map is and how long the game is, besides the first dungeon, it is almost always a fresh experience, at least for me, I don't remember most of the game enough to replay it completely from memory

And no fucking forced text besides IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE TAKE THIS

Link's Awakening is this bizarre quasi modern Zelda that is so close to being an actual spiritual sequel to the original but that fucking owl man
>>
File: 215151251ee7.jpg (10KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
215151251ee7.jpg
10KB, 333x250px
Zelda 1 with the randomizer program is the only Zelda I will ever play again
>>
>>3496836
randomizer program?
elaborate
>>
>>3495205
>They were giving you the Zelda game that you didn't know about guy.

*They were giving you the Zelda game that you didn't know about, guy.
>>
File: 26886725_p2.jpg (79KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
26886725_p2.jpg
79KB, 450x500px
>>3495153

During the last Nintendo Direct, they announced an 8-bit Link Amiibo, talked all about Zelda's 30'th anniversary, and then mentioned Zelda 1, where Link Zelda and Ganon made their debut. I thought they were building up to a Zelda 1 remake announcement and I felt so deflated when it turned out to be a segue into the NES Classic edition. I've wanted a Zelda 1 remake for a long time. I'd even take a 3D Classic edition.

>>3495186
>>3495191

BS Zelda doesn't really count since it's only about half of the overworld, and it's been somewhat casualized with easier dungeons and OP powerups. I like what they did with the day and night cycle, adding harder enemies into the field, but the day/night cycles take way too long.
>>

▲▲
>>
>>3501217
but i did alt 255 i dont understand where did i go wrong, how could this happen, now i will lose my job, my addiction will come back, i am ruined
>>
>>3495053
Anyone else too bitch to do 2nd quest? I was satisfied after beating the 1st one
>>
I wish I could get into Zelda, but the fact that every game seems to require a guide just turns me off...I've never even played this game because I know damn well there is a part that you need to use a very specific cryptic set of movement in order to go forward, and that just irks me....I don't mind exploration when it's something you should be able to figure out, but not when it's basically just a reason for you to need to buy Nintendo Power
>>
>>3500070
Breat of wild is the new nes zelda.
>>
>>3501248
I never needed a guide except the light arrow.
>>
Because as an adventure it's perfect. You are thrust info a world that allows you to go anywhere and you arent handed anything easily. You must explore to be well off and secrets are so rewarding. Been playing since I was 3 and every playthrough is fresh and rewarding.
>>
File: 29382967_p1.jpg (36KB, 235x411px) Image search: [Google]
29382967_p1.jpg
36KB, 235x411px
>>3501282
First off, that doesn't make me want a Zelda 1 remake any less.

And second, I don't quite buy that yet. It might be what they're presenting it as, but it also might not be. There's already a lengthy tutorial in the form of the great plateau, which you can't leave until you complete all three shrines.

For all we know, you're free to go in any direction you want, but the proper dungeons still have to be completed in a set order, and each dungeon will have it's own mini movie saga surrounding it that you can't escape until it's done.

I'm cautiously optimistic that sure, it might be in the spirit of Zelda 1. But I don't want to feel like a fool if it's not.

>>3501229
I've done the first quest a dozen times, and beat it without dying even, but I still haven't been able to finish that second quest.

>>3501248
No Zelda game requires a guide. It's suggested that you read the manual, sure, but even that's optional if you're capable of reading clues and doing a small amount of critical thinking.
>>
>>3501396
Did you find new kasuto town in Zelda II on your own?
>>
>>3501396
>No Zelda game requires a guide.
He says, as he single-handedly causes deforestation in Hyrule by lighting all the trees on fire.
>>
>>3501404

I did indeed. I didn't have an internet connection back when I was playing that game for the first time. I don't remember how exactly, but I'm sure it was either through NPC, or my natural curiosity kicking in when I stumble upon this area of the map that seems to have nothing in it, but it looks like it was put there for a reason.

The only thing in that game I never quite found was the master key, so I'd just abuse the fairy spell when I was lacking in keys.
>>
>>3501413

The only tree you actually NEED to burn is the 8th dungeon, and in the dungeon before that, you're told by an old man to search for a tree in a dead end.

This kind of stuff isn't hard.
>>
>>3501425
When Zelda came out on 3DS as an Ambassador title, that was the first time I played Zelda since I was a kid. It felt fresh because i honestly had no memory of it outside the very first screen and the ganon fight

It's definitely beatable with a guide, heck, I don't think I even need the old man to help me.
That tree blocking the path was insanely suspicious, I think it's the only tree that's blocking something
>>
>>3501396
Its non linear. All the others are partly linear.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.