[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm searching for games similar to this one. Do you know any?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

I'm searching for games similar to this one. Do you know any?
>>
Yes, I know some.
>>
Cool.
>>
Try the newer (as in Ys6 onward) games. Ys Origins is pretty good in particular though the plot/character expositions are tiresome.

Threads of Fate is pretty good.
>>
>>3493987
well let's 'ave them
>>
>>3493994
same to you, pal!
>>
What did you like about it? Without any details no one can make any real recommendations.
>>
This game has the worst story I've ever seen in an RPG
>>
>>3494106
Usually JRPGs barely have anything close to decent storytelling so it's fine by me. Then again...

>Musashi
>JRPG
>>
>>3494121
So then what do you play them for if the story and gameplay are bad?
>>
>>3494106
well you storyfags can take a flying suck my ass. Musashi isn't even an RPG; it's an action/adventure/platforming game wherein fun gameplay is all that matters. The story is just simplistic and good enough to set the game up.
>>
>>3494081
I think it's the quirky but easy going vibe. It's fun and cartoonish but not manic and annoying. Also the hub based world that branches out into different areas to explore and find treasure, etc. Plus the fun platforming gameplay that has new abilities to find to open new areas, somewhat Zelda-ish...but maybe more Tomba-ish, because of the gameplay style. The only other games that's roughly similar (principle) that I can think of are Tomba and Sonic Adventure (which has a little too much Saturday morning cartoon mania for me).
>>
>>3494005
>Threads of Fate
I don't think that had much platforming, did it? I roughly remember it being closer to Legend of Mana type of thing, or a simplified dungeon crawl.
>>
>>3494129
If the music's nice (which thankfully JRPGs actually have in this aspect) then it's all fine game by me.
>>
>>3494156
That's what kept me playing Wild Arms 2...I thought the game was boring as shit with a nearly incoherent story, but the music was so good and relaxing that it kept me going.
>>
>>3494160
Oh, I also forgot that art direction is another key factor as well; something JRPGs can really be good at.
>>
>>3494154
It picks up some platforming after about 3 hours, but it's still really just a dungeon hack and slash. The second half is a fair Musashi comparison.
>>
>>3494164
Any game can have good music and art direction. You can have Tetris CD for example with good ambient OST and interesting art background. I think those are weird reasons for liking a game since music is always done better by other artists and there are games with good gameplay, decent story and great art direction. I think Nobuo Uemetsu is mediocre.
>>
>>3493979
not really
try alundra 2 maybe, or medievil
>>
>>3494182
>I think Nobuo Uemetsu is mediocre.
I think his compositions sound very nice, especially in comparison to the more recent composers at the company today, but I'll still respect your opinion. Just for curiosity's sake, what composers (in or out of Square) do you think are much better than him in that dept?
>>
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on N64 is quite similar to this game
>>
>>3493979
It's very unique. You may like Demon's Souls

>tfw learning that Musashi was voiced by Kyle's mother from South Park
>>
>>3494459
Damn now that I think about it he does kind of sound like her sped up and higher pitched. The game did have a pretty talented cast of voice actors (especially for a ps1 game) so its not surprising.

>>3493979
I always thought it this was bullshit but during the time of Musashi's release it was mostly compared to Zelda, or seen as Square's answer to Zelda. The similarities between those games are pretty superficial, in my opinion. Musashi definitely has shades of Goemon and Megaman Legends, especially in tone and art direction. The gameplay is much more unique and doesn't draw any direct comparisons to any other games I've played. It's definitely one of my favorite PS1 games though.
>>
>>3493979
Gurumin is bretty gud
>>
>>3493979
It has a sequel called Musashi: Samurai Legend for ps2. It's not the best but you might dig it if you have a ps2.
>>
>>3494005
Y-yunica r-ruined Y-Ys O-origins f-for m-me
>>
>>3494863
desu it doesn't matter who is saying what or why, mainly that it happens too often, takes too long, and you can't skip it
>>
>>3494459
This is not as bizarre as Arngrim being voiced by Meowth
>>
this game is actually surprisingly good if you just take it at face value
>>
Goemon 64
>>
>>3495045
I remember loving the demo of this game back when owning a demo meant playing it over and over. Never actually played the real thing though. Time for a nostalgia trip.
>>
>>3494140
It's an action RPG you dumb faggot, with some of the worst platforming elements I've ever seen in an ARPG. A good story is essential to a great RPG, which brave fencer is not. It does have pretty good gameplay though with fun bosses I'll give it that.
>>
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
>>
I've been asking this question for 25 years anon, and there aren't a lot of answers. Like others itt said, pic related is closest you'll find.

You might enjoy Kingsley's Adventure on PS1
>>
>>3496237
>A good story is essential to a great RPG
But "good stories" are very rare to find in JRPGs are they not?
>>
>>3494182
I'm also curious what you think he's mediocre in comparison to.
>>
>>3496754
I haven't played many JRPGS so I can't give a direct answer. I liked Chrono Trigger's OST, and I don't want to compare other genres because I feel that'd be cheating.
>>
>>3496237
>action RPG
Nah, it's Action Adventure with some platforming, and the platforming was fun. You haven't pointed out what your problem with the story is, either. Who wants Dostoevsky in their platforming games?
>>
File: rude boy.png (155KB, 639x466px) Image search: [Google]
rude boy.png
155KB, 639x466px
>>
>>3496248
Release date(s)
Microsoft Windows
>JP: December 25, 2004
>KO: September 23, 2005
>WW: March 30, 2015
PlayStation Portable
>AS: June 27, 2006
>JP: June 29, 2006
>NA: February 12, 2007
>EU: March 23, 2007
Nintendo 3DS
>NA: Summer 2016
>>
>>3500218
he dindu nuffin he a gud boy
>>
I loved the mountain area/level. Somehow they all felt like levels to me that were really well linked together.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.