[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLOOD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: blood.jpg (64KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
64KB, 640x400px
So I've been loving Blood intimately since its GOG release, but still haven't found a way to make it run smoothly on even 800x600! I've tried replacing GOG's stock DosBox with the SVNDaum build which saves me a few frames, and playing around with different renderers in the conf. seems to help a bit too. But I want it smooth like a buttery slide ride; is this even possible?
>>
>>3493570
If you're not satisfied with the way DosBox handles the game you could try BloodCM; it attempts to re-create Blood using a modified Eduke32. It's playable but sends a lot of folk on this board into fits of twat rage as it's "not accurate enough"
>>
>>3493610
"not accurate at all"
fixed
>>
>>3493625
While true, some folk (like myself) forgive it's sins against accuracy as it can be easier to get running smoothly than sacrificing goats to appease DosBox into running properly
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (341KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
341KB, 1600x1200px
yes
>>
>>3493570
I had to mess around with my config files to get it running smoothly
>>
File: 1442065058649.jpg (10KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
1442065058649.jpg
10KB, 220x165px
>>3493648
This is what I was afraid of... but building a retro PC would be a cool project, probably worth it for Blood alone.

So if I'm to do this thing, has anyone got build tips for a premium Win98 machine?
>>
>>3493703
Just look up some Blood dosbox config guides and tweak your settings until it runs smoothly.
>>
>>3493703
Why don't you just run it on a VM?
>>
>>3493630
We call those folk retards.
>sacrificing goats
Anybody finding it that difficult to set up dosbox is retarded by any definition (especially if using the already set up gog version). You should probably stick to iPhone apps and avoid retro gaming boards 2bh.
>>
>>3493714
>>3493826
No matter how much he tweaks it, it's not going to emulate a Geforce II correctly.

>>3493703
It is fun and it's still cheap with just a little shopping around either at a bunch of thrift stores or patiently on craigslist/local groups or you can assemble it yourself. I'm a super cheapskate so I just waited and waited until I found one complete on a shelf for ten bucks. It had XP on it but I downgraded to 98se. It's basically all about getting something that's new enough to crush the specs for every game without being so new as to not have 98se drivers. My system is from 2004 and I had to really search for the individual chipset drivers but now that it's together it screams. I just need to buy a Voodoo 2 and it'll be perfect.
>>
>>3494176
How does blood run on that thing? What resolution do u get? Heard it's way smoother than dosbox even if you're at 60fps is that true?
>>
>>3494176
Wait u got a fully built second-hand 'retro gaming pc' for ten dollars? That's nuts dude. Does it work fine without problems? I would never expect it to.
>>
>>3494257
I haven't run Blood on it but it seems like it's THE game that everyone is having trouble with so maybe I should just to record it. I'm sure that capture software would cause major lag so I'd just have to record it with my cell phone camera but maybe I will in the next couple days if this thread lasts that long and with as slow as /vr/ has gotten I'm sure it will.

>>3494278
Yeah it was just sitting there on a thrift store shelf. I'm sure that when it was built it wasn't retro and it had XP on it. The whole thing had the flavor of a gaming PC that someone had tried to keep running into the mid-2000s and became frustrated with. Like I said, finding the chipset drivers that were compatible with 98se was a bitch and I spent many hours on it considering 95% of old driver sites are spam and half of the remaining ones won't work right on 98 browsers. I probably should have dual booted with XP but I ended up putting a larger higher rpm hard drive in it which ended up being yet another pain in the ass having to use a third party partitioning program to format to fat32 at full capacity but yeah it runs great now. The only problem is my KVM switch uses scroll lock and my current keyboard doesn't have a scroll lock key but that really doesn't have anything to do with anything.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.