[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of this form? It's never useful.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (91KB, 900x631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 900x631px
What's the point of this form? It's never useful.
>>
>>3493250
I only use it to unlock that one room at the start.
>>
>>3493250
Upgraded dog form has the fastest movespeed in the game.
>>
>>3493250
It's useful for dodging tougher crowded areas quickly
>>
>>3493250
> What's the point of [some item/mechanic/room/animation/spell/enemy]

is kind of this game's "point"

I do remember using the wolf to go super fast through straight corridors once you get the speed invulnerability thing though, but it's not as if you actually *need* to do so at any point. It's just part of a very detailed collection of things you can do but don't need to
>>
>>3493386
>is kind of this game's "point"
what
>>
>>3493250
>What's the point of this form?
To appeal to the furry fandom
>>
>>3493525
It has to be anthropomorphic to be furry.
>>
>>3493250
It's usual later in the game when you can cruise from one end of the castle to the other.
>>
>>3493512
there's a number of pseudo-pointless things in SOTN, from the shoes that make you one pixel higher to the peanuts that heal you only if you catch them or the voice actress fairy that can sing a song or the priests that will confess you or attack you.

But the pointlessness is the point. They added a bunch of funky things and it all contributes to the game's atmosphere and sense of mystery. Few games, metroidvanias or not, manage to capture SOTN's feel and one of the reasons is they're more focused, there's a lot less funky fluff and as such it is easier to understand the limits of what exists and what doesn't, removing the mystery from it all.
>>
File: 1469231229528.gif (2MB, 368x336px) Image search: [Google]
1469231229528.gif
2MB, 368x336px
>>3493250
>everything in a game has to have a purpose
I'm sure glad people like you don't make video games.
>>
>>3493549
That's a valid design philosophy as well, anon.
>>
>>3493573
"as well" being the keyword. It's not the only one.
>>
>>3493580
Sure. >>3493549 was the post implying otherwise
>>
>>3493250
You can actually go through the entire Clocktower area right after getting this form if you're good with it. It's also good for just speeding through long, mostly-empty corridors.
>>
>>3493591
no, he's also saying that's not the only one
>>
Alucard can turn into a wolf, bat, and mist because those are the forms Dracula takes in Bram Stoker's novel. It's an homage.
>>
>>3494312
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.