[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hope level designers got fired.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Tomb_Raider_III.png (128KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_Raider_III.png
128KB, 300x361px
I hope level designers got fired.
>>
>>3492170
Not nearly enough Tombs in the games after the first one, sadly. I don't play Tomb Raider to run around London and Venice shooting at thugs. I play Tomb Raider to raid tombs and shoot endangered animals.

Underworld is the only other truly great TR game.
>>
Just fire the guy/guys who thought putting urban environments in the series would be a good idea. None of those ever felt real and they were boring as all hell. Should have stuck to wild and exotic locations only, funnily enough those felt just right in game.
>>
>>3492170
>>3492176
>>3492184
Why? I thought the urban locations were a decent addition. Only running around in tombs and jungles and all is only going to be fun for a certain extent before it gets really tiring, which is why I thought it was pretty nice they at least tried to mix things up.
>>
>>3492176
TR2's level design more than makes up for the silly amount of manshooting. If you haven't done Barkhang Monastery you're missing out.

Also, there are shitload of tombs in The Last Revelation.
>>
>>3492550
Well, TR3's level design wasn't that great.
But you are right - it did get pretty stale when they didn't mix it up.

TR:LR was great return to formula, but suffered from being solely set in single theme ( Egyptian ). If they had made it bit more exploring different cultures ( like 1st had fun in Peru, Greece, Egypt, mines and Atlantis ), it might have been a better game. I don't think it would have been still well-received game, because people had enough of the series at that point.
>>
I liked the variety
the only area I didn't like was nevada
oh and whoever designed the india levels was a sadist
I spent months in the temple ruins as a kid, damn that place
>>
>>3492550
>>3492558
It's personal preference I suppose. I find the tomb parts interesting and didn't like the more modern bits. But you might be right in that it gets old after a while. TR1 was my favorite game of the entire PS1 generation. Tomb Raider 2 was a huge disappointment for me, 3 felt a little better in some ways but still felt really flat.

Then I never ended up finishing Last Revelation out of boredom, but I do remember the ninja (or something like that) enemies being interesting to fight. Played Anniversary but it didn't feel nearly as good. Then Underworld came out and was incredible but no one else liked it and now the series is an Uncharted clone. Meh.
>>
>>3492170
>rent this back in the day
>can't figure out how to leave mansion
>leaving gates sends me back
>don't bother listening to what she says
>do the tutorial
>lock old dude in the freezer
>back to the video store next day
Didn't much care to actually play the game after that. Loved the first one though.
>>
>>3493652
How far did you get in the first one?
>>
>>3493657
Finished it. Just didn't care about 3.
>>
>>3493669
Huh, okay. It just seems super weird that you finished the first game and then got lost in the mansion. I don't remember what you do to get out of the mansion, but I know I was never stuck there. No biggie though, you didn't miss anything good.
>>
>>3492176
Lara Croft Go is actually really good.
>>
>>3493596
>uncharted clone
That's debatable and also not vr
>>
>>3495262
The dude just made a side comment about the state of the series now. Not a standalone post about the new games. Take your tampon out.
>>
>>3492170
When I was a little kid I thought she was a teacher for some reason. I guess because she has glasses and "Lara Croft" just sounded like a teacher name to kid me.
>>
>>3492170
I liked the fact that the game deviated from just raiding tombs.

My favourite Tomb Raider is the second one, even though it mostly takes place underwater. Tomb Raider is like the classic archeology/tomb oriented game. II was more dark asia themed which was really cool to my mind. III was bout going all over the glove and acquiring artifacts no matter where they are located, but you still raid some tombs like in the pacific. IV took you back to egypt/greece which was awesome. But I really think the games would have gotten really old real fast if you walked around egyptian/mesopotamian/aztec tombs for 4 straight games with no break in between.
>>
>>3493652
>>3493678
Mansion is just tutorial. You leave it and it will send you back to main menu so you can choose the FUCKING NEW GAME OPTION THAT YOU SHOULD'VE CHOSEN IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
TR2 was my favorite.
>>
>>3492170
We did.
>>
>>3499985
What did you design?
>>
>>3495282
it wasn't the pistols that made clear she's an american teacher? you were kinda dense, anon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.