[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup. I want to play FFVII, which version do you recommend? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Final_Fantasy-7-Box.jpg (119KB, 1022x800px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy-7-Box.jpg
119KB, 1022x800px
Sup. I want to play FFVII, which version do you recommend? The PSX or PC rerelease?
>>
>>3490052
any of them
>>
File: ffvii_3_after2201-8212508.jpg (91KB, 606x406px) Image search: [Google]
ffvii_3_after2201-8212508.jpg
91KB, 606x406px
>>3490052
PC with graphic mod.

Unless you like big headed characters.
>>
>>3490082
Where do I get this?
>>
Steam/PS4 version is the definitive version. If you can't get that, do the PSX version. Don't play the original PC version from the 90s.
>>
>>3490052
PC Platinum version, It works straight out the box on W7
>>
PSX.

PC version was better overall and added more content but you could also cheat. As in, you could give yourself levels, self heal, pad your stats etc.
>>
>>3490052
I'd recommend the Steam version with the Reunion mod. Just make sure you turn on the vanilla name translations and turn off the new field models.
>>
>>3490052
Some people will say PC, but if you want the same experience that turned thousands of kids in the '90s into weeaboos go for the PS1 version.
>>
>>3490052
The battle framerate on the PC version is fucked, you either need to fix it with a mod or just go with the PS1 version. The latter is less buggy.
>>
I do t know which version id recommend, but make sure at some point near the start you mess around with the battle options. The default settings are at a pretty slow speed which is kind of unenjoyable to play. Crank the speed up a few notches and set the ATB system to active for the best experience. Experiment with the speed a bit to see what feels right.
>>
I miss FF7. This was the last FF game that had a pretty "straight forward" story. FF8 and now they tried to make the stories complex and super 2deep4u.
>>
>>3490082
I do. The weird hybrid between 5th and 4th gen aesthetics really gives FF7 a unique charm to me that no other game has.
>>
Playstation is best though PC works okay after patching out the MIDI music. Do not install a graphics 'upgrade' mod, you just end up with dumb realistic models towering over chibi-height doors and other perspective bugs.
>>
>>3490219

Also them turning into lego-people again whenever there's an FMV. It legit baffles me people put so much work into trying to trying to make this game look 'new' yet look past shit like this and the battles still running at 10fps.
>>
>>3490145
Incorrect. FF8 attempted to make an epic love story between a crazy woman and a plank of wood who had no chemistry together.
>>
>>3490251
The Reunion mod boosts the battles to 60 FPS and speeds up the enemy death animations.
>>
>>3490251
There's a 60FPS battles mod, a bit of a pain to set up and summons are still whack but it looks good. Not tried Reunion's take on it though.

The thing is with the animations, it's not "Rotate Cloud's sword 720 degrees over 2 seconds", it's more like "Put sword to 45 degrees, put it 90 degrees ahead, repeat previous for X times". The animations are pretty messy and new frames had to be manually added. It's a very tedious, horrible, boring task
>>
>>3490301

Regarding the 60fps battles mod, it's pretty cool but it was also abandoned years ago as a 'lost cause' for basically the same reasons you mentioned, I don't think there's a person on earth willing to finish the herculean task. Once you get past the initial change it's a real mess, the actual attacks look good but everything else is in fast forward and, like you said, summons and any graphical effects are a total mess.
>>
If you've already played the game before I'd definitely recommend installing a re-translation such as the "beacause" patch, if just to get a feel for how much different the game is cleaned up a little.
>>
File: 1473643448817.jpg (241KB, 1262x1295px) Image search: [Google]
1473643448817.jpg
241KB, 1262x1295px
>>
>>3490145
>I miss FF7.
What do you mean you miss it? Can't you play it again?
>>
>>3490052
the PC version is fucked
>>
Try the PS1 version patched with the re-translation at romhacking dot net.
>>
>>3490082
>>3490086
>not playing the original PS1 version
plebs
>>
>>3490052

Either one is OK. Some people might say the PC one needs some prior adjustments, but I played the Steam version straight out as it comes and didn't have any issues, there's also mods if you're into that sorta thing. Overall experience is pretty much the same for both PC and PS1

Pretty fun game if you can tolerate most of the conventions of the time it came out
>>
>>3490052
Remake.
>>
If you have a Playstation family console; the original version. Looks great on Vita, by the way. If you have a PC, PC release is better than fooling around with emulation. Not rocket science; the PC version is a simple port.
>>
>>3490052
PC Steam version with the retranslation.
>>
>>3490145
>This was the last FF game that had a pretty "straight forward" story.
Unreliable narrator, important plot information completely missing from the original Japanese release and optional in later versions, confusing translation. FFVII is far from straightforward.
>>
Console version for emulator fastforward, same as all JRPGs.
>>
>>3490219
There was a good mod that just swapped the battle models and made them smaller, that was like 10 years ago tho
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.