[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated NES gems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 6455874.jpg (180KB, 635x900px) Image search: [Google]
6455874.jpg
180KB, 635x900px
This is one of my favorites that I feel is never discussed

>great concept
>difficult but fair
>great art-style
>great music

Post some of your favorite underrated NES gems
>>
>>3489129
My only experience with it is an old PlayItBogart video review. I should start it up and see how I feel, but it's late, and I know it's gonna be 2hard4u hard and I'll probably come back saying that I hate it.
>>
>>3489129
Gonna guess it has rad as shit music though, per Konami tradition.
>>
>>3489129
That's a beatemup isn't it?
>>
>>3491408
It is but also has some platforming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_AojVMEnt4
>>
File: SnakesRevenge1.png (7KB, 258x226px) Image search: [Google]
SnakesRevenge1.png
7KB, 258x226px
Underrated probably due to the bad rep of Metal Gear 1.
Also it has one of the best themes on Metal Gear series, a shame they never used it again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKjNOcjDXY
>>
>>3491412
>Roller derby beat 'em up made by Konami

This looks fucking awesome.
>>
>>3491412
Neat
>>
Beating this as a kid is one of those how did I do it moments.
>>
>>3493259
I grew up with this game with access to the level skip cheat. I could never beat it at the time because the level skip cheat, does not give you the druid's knife you needed to get past the skeleton boss in the last map. Oops!
>>
>>3491408
>>3491412

it's definitelty more of a platformer than a beat-em-up
>>
>>3491414
>Underrated probably due to the bad rep of Metal Gear 1.

you mean the NES port of Metal Gear, which only has a bad rep because Kojima trashed it, and mindless drones repeating his opinion.
>>
>>3489129
Rollergames is fantastic. It's basically the 4th NES Ninja Turtles game.
>>
>>3489129
Got it on NES as a kid and it rekt me. Though I went back and finished it about 10 years ago. I really enjoyed it, gotta memorize your jumps which isnt difficult.
>>
File: ufouria.gif (147KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
ufouria.gif
147KB, 500x386px
Ufouria, mofos

I think it was the first open-world-ish platformer I ever played, and I'm kind of glad (Metroid would probably had scared me off). UtS is really accessible -i.e. piss easy-, and organizing the ability upgrades in four different characters which you first had to unlock made it a little more varied and satisfying
>>
Kabuki Quantum Fighter is awesome. Fun, solid platforming action and a neat mix of Japanese and Western aesthetics.
>>
File: Legacyofthewizard.jpg (29KB, 250x361px) Image search: [Google]
Legacyofthewizard.jpg
29KB, 250x361px
Legacy of the Wizard. It has a huge and varied dungeon to explore, unique monster designs, and a bunch of items that expand your character's abilities in interesting ways and allow access to new areas. The game has a lot of secrets, but the absurdly well-hidden ones are always for uncovering optional stuff: there are always some subtle clues pointing out the secrets you need to uncover in order to progress.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.