[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who are some of the better YouTubers for retro? I found this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 26

File: maxresdefault.jpg (219KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
219KB, 1280x720px
Who are some of the better YouTubers for retro?

I found this HappyConsole guy and he's kinda comfy to listen to.
>>
>>3488783
Hiding this before the autism squad arrives.
>>
>>3488783
Kind of good. He shares game memories.
I'd rather watch Boogie. I'm waiting for him to have a mountain dew heart attack or something...
>>
>>3488783

I like the Game Sack guys, but Mark from CGR is the OG.
>>
>>3488783
LGR is the only one I watch
>>
>>3488796
Boogie is sort of a shameful human being with mental issues that should be helped professionally.
>>
He beats his wife.
>>
>>3489005

That's pretty hot. Do they get naked while he does it?
>>
Binging on Frenchpet. He's some hipster but it's bit of an act. It's funny. A slow burn but rewarding. Only recently has his channel been normal. His old videos are very anti-humor hipster kind of shit. They're good, but not for pewdiepie types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qns_Amkzf40

I found Frenchpet because I was a huge fan of a new grounds guy named HOWARD C NEAL and was recommended from there. Cneal is kind of like the Norm MacDonald of lets plays. Was around long before current retro gaming tubers. Lot's of weeb stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/thehowardcneal
Those 2 might not be your cup of tea but I enjoy them better than shelf collectors and leafy is here types.
>>
>>3488783

You know as glad as I am to see an alternative for people bitching and screaming into a mic, I can't help but feel like there's an opposite extreme as well and this guy's kind of it.
>>
>>3488783
i like the game chasers they seem less autistic than the usual retro gamer. rolfe is still the best, despite his drop in quality over the years.
>>
>>3488783
I really like The Gaming Historian. He makes these super interesting mini documentaries. Not only are they super accurate and painstakingly researched, you can't help but be moved by his insights on the human condition. If he had two patreons, I wouldn't hesitate to donate twice.
>>
Gamesack
>>
>>3488783
I want to fuck his slut wife.
>>
Chrontendo/Game Boy World/Good Nintentions and nothing else as they're all shit.
>>
>>3489042

Hi, frenchpet.
>>
I like Gamesack and Console Wars. Mark used to be good, but sucks now. AVGN is hit or miss.
>>
>You will never spend a Saturday with your best friend making fake cases for pirated, imported copies of Dreamcast and PS1 games that have not yet been released in North America
Why live?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYjfFV9YfVY
>>
>>3489068
Go to bed, Norman
>>
Gameboyle, SNESDrunk, retrovania.net, implantgames, DariaplaysRPGs
>>
I like Rerez. He used to review games, but lately he's all about talking about/reviewing retro controllers and other hardware.
>>
Kim Justice and Nostalgia Nerd are two people that focus on the UK retro stuff, like ZX, game shows and british devs.. I really like them.
>>
The 8-bit Guy used to be pretty good, but his videos have gone down in quality pretty quickly. I don't think he actually wanted to,make a gaming channel.

>>3489907

Kim Justice's accent drives me up the wall.
>>
I used to like HCG, but the more I watch the more I realize they're completely full of shit half the time, especially Rob. Most of their stories probably never happened, and it's getting really annoying how much Johnny exaggerates every tiny detail.
>>
>>3489053
I actually discovered a few retro youtubers through the game chasers.
>>
>>3488783
SomecallmeJohnny. The first videos I watched were the VS Megaman, VS Sonic ones. He has videos with newer games but I like the retro stuff more.
>>
i'm rarely on this board so i dunno if it's known or hated or whatever but Stop Skeletons From Fighting is fucking quality and comfy retro content.
he rebranded like a year ago, watch anything recent from him. cool different perspective to a lot of things, he reviewed some imported gameboy games from japan so he's great in my books.
>>
PRO JARED!!! DAWG
>>
>>3489883

He posts here, or at least he used to.
>>
>>3489191
Seconded on Jeremy Parish. Good Nintentions, Gameboy World, and now Mode 7 are all great and non-cringe. Not too far from Gaming Historian. Super informational, too. And beyond the "SMB2USA is really a different game" common knowledge bullshit most YouTube channels tout.
>>
My Life In Gaming is pretty incredible for hardware/setups/modding.
>>
File: CiXXZ3VVEAAu6lV.jpg (87KB, 600x619px) Image search: [Google]
CiXXZ3VVEAAu6lV.jpg
87KB, 600x619px
>>3488783
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqwDN-njSls
Kelsey has to stand on a box. Then MJR bends her over the box and goes to pound town.
>>
File: 1473613498529.jpg (21KB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
1473613498529.jpg
21KB, 410x230px
>>3490680
>that girls sexy as fuck feet
>>
>>3490680

wew lad, that girl is cool as fuck.

the height difference reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5zCD4bsJyg
>>
>>3491328
delete this
>>
>>3490680
>MJR goes to pound town
More like he pulls out his wallet and pays her since he's obviously into financial dom.
>>
>>3489042
I love how fucking obvious it is when someone shills their own channel.
>>
>>3490423
He posts occasionally. I've seen him in the post your youtube channel threads in /v/.

He thinks he's our guy, but afaik everyone hates him.

He also has incredibly thin skin. The second someone tells him to fuck off he deletes his posts.
>>
Take a look at Carters Retro Reviews. As far as I can tell, he only does Sega Saturn reviews, but it's quality work and he's got a mellow Aussie accent for extra charm.
>>
I don't know where I stand on the HCG. At first I thought he was chill, and the tales he spoke seemed so enthusiastic, as well as his friendship with Rob. But now, the more I look at it, the more I think that indeed, most of it is bullshit or fake, or that they just pull stuff out of their ass. I don't know. I like the fact that he's over 40 and acts like he's real passionate today as he allegedly was twenty years ago, and then there's a part of me that thinks he thought he'd get easy money by being the "totally don't care about money guy" who does his research before doing an episode and speaks like he played all that shit when he was a kid.
>>
File: laughing girls.gif (742KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.gif
742KB, 200x200px
>His buddy Rob got a Mighty Number 9 tattoo
>>
>>3491443
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>>3488783
>>3488796
>>3489052
>>3490024

>Literally every HCG video

https://youtu.be/nYgtcrHW-xg
>>
Retro game tech is a pretty good channel for practical mods and fixes
>>
This dude got me into Phantasy Star and Ys, and I'll always owe him that, but I haven't watched his videos in a long time. Got kind of repetitive and boring, and there's only so much positivity you can stomach before you're puking rainbows
>>
>>3491419
I've only watched a few of his episodes but I think I get what you're saying. I'm wouldn't say a big fake, but there's a touch of the used car salesman about him somehow.
>>
>>3488783
I like pat the nes punk's podcast
>>
>>3490680
wow this girl needs her own channel she's sexy, smart and way more of a natural on camera than ogre manchild jesus
>>
>>3491443
>>3491446
*Planned to. He ended up not getting it.
>>
>>3488853
Boogie is just a character.
>>
>>3488783

For PC games I am partial to LazyGameReviews and Gggmanlives

For console games I enjoy AVGN, although he puts no effort into his reviews anymore and Pat the NES Punk
>>
>guy describes the levels in the game one by one
>goes in-depth into the story, spoils and shows you the ending
>"... and that's why I think you should definitely check this game out. It's a true gem on the system."

I never understood the point of videos like that. Almost sounds like some kind of a satire if it wasn't genuine and serious.
>>
>>3488823
>Mark from CGR is the OG
OG as in money beggar?
>>
>>3491832
Gggman "SonneeBoi" Lives is an inept idiot, that parots popular opinions (or opinions he thinks would be popular among his fans), and bashes good games in his uninformed reviews.

For instance In Timeshift review he claims that Timesuit is a ripoff of Crysis, despite Timeshift being in development before Crysis, and being released before it as well (he also ignores the Suit abilities, then rants about the game's difficulty... that is completely negated by proper use of said abilities).

Also his voice and "sonnyjim" gimmick are annoying as fuck
>>
>>3492069

The nigga's been doing videos for the better part of 20 years. But yeah, fuck him for finally expecting a few dollars here and there. I guess everything should just be free.
>>
Collieuk was excellent but he's not done anything for while, if you've never seen any of his videos they're deffo worth a binge
>>
>>3491992
This a thousand times.
Just why?
>>
File: image.png (314KB, 592x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
314KB, 592x493px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJQr3tnjHlg
>>
File: tylor shades.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tylor shades.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>3488783

>Tylor

well he's got good taste in anime if nothing else
>>
metal jesus rocks
pat nes punk
happy console gamer
game sack
bad grafx games
game chasers
rerez

honestly used to watch 8 bit eric but his videos are terrible lately. his channel could be good again if he just focused on games and not sponsored content or other random stupid shit.

I like other channels but these are the ones I usually recommend.
>>
>>3494080

I follow most of the final bosses crew and they're all comfy. Never liked Eric's content, though. His entire channel consisted of the fart jokes from game chasers. Which I don't mind, except when that's all a channel offers.
>>
>>3494185
He had some decent content from time to time. See his review for Mr gimmick as one example.

Check out game dave. Another small channel that's great if you don't mind the geekiness of some of these guys. Gaming historian too. Damn...I've forgotten a few good ones.
>>
>>3491828
Francis is the character, Boogie is the real person.

Still, autists mix them up and think his Francis persona is the real one.
>>
File: 1472342985654.png (417KB, 682x625px) Image search: [Google]
1472342985654.png
417KB, 682x625px
>>3488783
Matt Barton's "Matt Chat", he does interviews with a ton of PC game development people, he's a little awkward sometimes but he gets the guests talking and it's usually an interesting listen.
>>
>>3491828
>just a character.

yeah, nah. This is bullshit. They're not actors.
>>
File: fire shit.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fire shit.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>3490569
3rded! Thank you for Correcting The Record Jeremy!!
>>
>>3494003
This guy's pretty entertaining!
>>
>>3489907
>>3490024
Don't enable him by calling him "Kim".
>>
>>3489907
KJ is a fucking hypocrite. He/she/it can bash one game for certain flaws then praise another one that has exactly same flaws.

>>3488783
ggmanlives is pure cancer.

Accursed Farm is hit or miss, but Ross's ineptitude at some games makes him unnecesarily bash really good ones (Revenant for instance, where he tries to play an RPG/fighting game with complex battle system by running forward and only ever using basic atacks without blocks, dodges, special moves etc, then whining about how he has to chug shitton of potions, and ignores all instructions game throws at him)

Nostalgia Nerd is genuinely good,

GameSack are obviously impassionate about what they do, but at least they do it professionaly,

Ahoy reviews may be shallow as a puddle, but quality of writing and his voice make up for that.

PushingUpRoses may look like your typical tumblerine, but that's just her looks. Her adventure game reviews are almost always on-point.
>>
>>3495582
Why is Ahoy shallow as a puddle? I thought his videos well were researched. I don't care about his /k/ hard-on though.
Also PushingUpRoses is a crazy bitch.
>>
>>3489883

I just searched up Rerez. You're talking about this guy right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbRt-AdzGI
>>
>>3495591
His reviews consist of greately narrated common knowledge/wiki with almost nothing extra. He is great for a well directed and narrated general overview, not as good as an actual source of info. Also other reviewers spice it up with presonal experience with the game and their opinions on it's various aspects, but Ahoy does not. In order to appear more professional he tries too hard to be objective and devoids his reviews of any personal touch aside from the presentation.

I didn't dig into PUR socials, didnt even watched her letsplays - only the reviews, and those were decent.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecTQVa42sJc

JackTech. I'm more interested in hearing about hardware and engine tech than actual games. Digital Foundry's alright, but there's so much speculation in their videos that it feels like the blind leading the blind.
>>
>>3492069
>>3492251
He did it for 1 year 1999-2000 and then 2008-2016. That is barely ten years. I see you've been fooled by his constant self-indulgence.

Also, he's really gone down hill lately. He almost quit doing YouTube regularly because he wasn't getting the money back for the amount of time he put into the show. Then, a few months later after getting $10,000 a month from people, he starts spamming "whodefeatz" videos. He stopped that thankfully, but look at all the content he's been uploading lately. It's insane.

He is a money grabber. Despite "needing $10,000" to sustain himself, he's done just fine after losing more than $2,000 in revenue and doing a complete 180 on how he felt the quality of his content should be.
>>
>>3492220

I wasnt aware of this, but I have never seen his newer reviews, I just watch reviews for older games, usually pre-2001/2002.

I have actually seen him defend some pretty bad games or make unpopular points.
>>
>>3489052
I rather see happy memories from people. But than again, I can understand why some bad memories can make good stories too.
>>
>>3488848
Good to know, Clint.
>>
>>3488853
This.

Boogie needs serious intervention, but he'll never get it because he is surrounded by enablers and he shuts down if anyone criticizes his health/weight. He goes into full "haters gonna hate", "I've heard it all before", "no one knows how hard i try to lose weight but me", "i do everything possible", "you think you know better than my doctors that say its okay" mode.

His wife quit working for walmart corporate so she could work for him, supposedly as a type of assistant/social media manager, and is paid from his patreon. However, he still says its impossible to contact him and he cant read all his emails.

He says his doctor says he can have 2 cans (24 total ounces) of diet soda a day, which he says he drinks to get the caffeine since he doesnt like tea or coffee. Then he constantly drinks "Clear American Pineapple Coconut Sparkling Water". Google it, it is basically diet soda without coloring. When asked on stream he always says it is "water" or "sparkling water" or "flavored water".

He says shit like "im doing everything i can to lose weight" but then says shit about eating sweets or "treating himself" or "cheat day". A cheat day might be okay if your 50lb overweight, but not when youre 300+lb overweight.

Sometimes during his stream someone will donate $5 and say "my bnet is faggert#1234, id love to play a round of overwatch with you" which gets the "sorry, i cant add someone just cause they donate". Except for when someone like diesel or thwacky drops 2k, then its "lets get you added right away and im going to prioritize playing with you, oh and lets chat on skype too, best buddy".
>>
>>3491757
His cohost ian is the best, manages a whole chain of gamestores and not afraid of stealing candy from kids.
>>
>>3494080
I dont mind sponsored content if it werent cringy as fuck. Or, i guess i should say, required to act like its the best thing ever. LGR, as much as i hate his audio and his shilling that goes on here, has done some decent sponsored things in the past, one that comes to mind is one of the avermedia game recorder things. He didnt seem to have a problem saying it had problems.

Shit like Mike Matei "talk about games" where they feel almost scripted to hit the required bullet points.

Worst was that okchief420 vid where he showed off that controller at retropalooza...
>>
LGR and superderekrpgs
>>
>>3494080
>>3496058

They sent rerez a controller with his name printed on it and he attacked it. That guy hates sponsorship vids.
>>
>>3495582
>GameSack are obviously impassionate about what they do

What makes you say that? Just look up Joe. He clearly is (and has been) interested in games beyond using them as a tool for YouTube bucks.
>>
>>3496528

they're just boring is the problem. I don't doubt they're sincere but they could show a little more emotion when they speak.
>>
>>3495867
Shouldn't he have made a fuckton from that Ben10 video?
>>
>>3496726
He probably spent it already on the highest-end equipment he could find.
>>
>>3495596
Not og op, but yes thats rerez
>>
>>3490593
this

I get the hate for youtubers who just point their phones at their faces and ramble for a few minutes

if they actually put effort into writing and editing their videos, then that's different

MLiG is quality.
>>
>>3495582
>KJ is a fucking hypocrite. He/she/it can bash one game for certain flaws then praise another one that has exactly same flaws.

Care to give an example?
>>
Can we talk about pod-casts?
>>
I recently found these two, they have some great hardware content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_3d1x2VPxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JVUez4XxpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA61Ng7jKuw

>>3499736
Retrogaming Roundup is the easily the best /vr/ related podcast. I recommend their Ted Dabney interview.
http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2010/roundup024_2010.10.php
>>
This guy is objectively the best youtube personality that nobody talks about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOt1c9nJRqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgN2Rtgt9Vg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHKTtaXMP3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IixQox4rhEw
>>
I used to be in the retro collecting scene a lot 5 years ago, its weird that a lot of these people I remember talking to and trading with on forums back then now are popular youtubers, like pat the nes punk
>>
The problem with Gamesack is they have a terrible habit of trying to talk about games that everyone already knows and there's nothing to actually say like they're actually teaching us something,
>>
>>3499971
I think what's happening is that these shows are running out of games (especially on NES, Genesis, and SNES) that haven't been covered by the other shows

games I never heard of a year ago, like Elevator Action Returns, Shatterhand, WindJammers, and Cosmic Epsilon have been covered so many times that I'm sick of hearing about them

it seems like the way forward is to stop trying to find the game nobody has talked about, and instead to bring more personal perspectives on the games we've already heard about, even if they're massively popular.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Anyone watch scottsquatch, chennel name jhmdf?

I saw a recent vid from gamechasers that mentioned he was going to be a guest at retropalooza so i checked out his channel.

Seems like nothing but a shitty reseller, his show is literally "video game sellers", and i dont get why gamechasers have him at retropalooza. His wife does have some nice tits though.
>>
>>3499951
Pat the nes punk has been a popular youtuber forever, his uploaded videos go back to 8 years ago.
>>
File: CrIQwq7XgAAZuZW.jpg large.jpg (26KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
CrIQwq7XgAAZuZW.jpg large.jpg
26KB, 355x200px
Shill thread? Okay then, check this man out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs46jmojwXI

His reviews are pretty in-depth and he does do a lot of retro stuff. I disagree with him from time to time but I think he deserves a bit more attention.
>>
>>3488783
Frankomatic
>>
>>3501120
I love frank. The chemistry between him and cess is great too.

If we talking lets players, i legit miss heavens frogman. Dude was awkward, but comfy.
>>
>>3501053
>and i dont get why gamechasers have him at retropalooza.
Because he did what all these creepy sycophants do and just started milling around with them at conventions until Billy considered him a "friend". Same shit people like Eric did and same shit Doug Walker did to James. All these leeches just attach to more popular or talented you tubers to suck on the teat and if you try to tell them to fuck off you're an asshole and "not being supportive of the community" bullshit.
>>
>>3499736
I like one but hate the site it's supposed to represent.
>>
>>3494003
Sucks that I can't read pagan runes, that guy looks fun.
>>
>>3490376
>Stop Skeletons From Fighting

Show is ok. Met that dude in real life at PAX. Real dick.
>>
>>3501119
Fucked up speech pattern and 40 minute Mega Man X games are way too fucking long.

“I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.”

― Mark Twain
>>
>>3500208

It's fine to cover things people have already discussed but for crying out loud they don't have anything to say about anything. You could mute there videos and learn just as much as they know just by watching the few seconds of footage
>>
Cinemassacre/AVGN for a comedic retro twist
>>
>>3505572

fuck off
>>
>>3502253

What happened? He seems like he'd be pretty chill.
>>
>>3488783
I like his stuff on the Ys series, but i dont really find myself enjoying his more recent work.

I tend to go with LGR
>>
>>3501274
Most of his scripted shit has English subtitles, just press on the CC button.
>>
>>3500208

That's the problem with old game culture in terms of eceleb reviewers, there is only so much to talk about that the average viewer cares about watching. At a certain point no one wants to hear about why *insert SNES or PSX JRPG* was the best game from your childhood that shaped who you are today or how *insert game that everyone now knows about because everyone else on YT talks about it* is an overlooked gem or how *insert game that has been popularly accepted as being bad* really isn't as bad as it has been made out to be.

Sure, there are a ton of games that haven't been meaningfully reviewed or otherwise discussed on YouTube, but most people don't care about the intricate mechanics of some Japan only strategy game or the blandness of generic Famicom baseball game #24.
>>
>>3489042
hello frenchpet.
>>
PeteDorr
My Life in Gaming
The 8 Bit Guy (aka iBookGuy)
HappyConsoleGamer
Gamechasers

I think thats it.
>>
>>3505849
All on the sex offenders list. Especially Pete.
>>
>>3488783
Easily TheClosetGamer, I love his sick Sonic 2 lets play.
https://youtu.be/e1tQg8pue1Y
>>
I have my own retro YT channel. It may not be the best, but it's worth checking out:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx1s0EhT3aDHKSmmfNf76eg
>>
>>3488783
Im starting to really love Cygnus Destroyer aka The LJN Defender
His enthusiasm is infectious and his style is to actually review the old game and mix in just a touch of the right kind of corniness here and there

Poor dude is ugly as fuck though but once you get past that hes comfy as fuck. Got a big backlog too
>>
>>3505853
I wouldn't be surprised if HappyConsoleGamer is, he's married to a women who's half his age
>>
>>3505879
I'm 100% convinced he's gay and she's his beard. I have a friend who insists it's not true, but it definitely is.
>>
>>3505859
no it's not
>>
>>3505901
Gay men don't look like gross 90's rejects.
>>
>>3491757
I miss actual Pat the nes punk videos, the podcast is ok i guess

Ian is a snivelling douchecunt tho
>>
Does anyone here remember Fat Man Cometh?

Cannot find any of his videos online anymore
>>
>>3488783
Larry Bundy Jr. is pretty comfy.
>>
anyone do commentary on old computer RPGs like Fallout, Baldurs?
>>
>>3502553
>>3505829
Yesterday Projared uploaded a video about the Sub Zero Mortal Kombat game on N64.

I just remember watching that last year on AVGN and I'm really feeling what you guys are saying.

I think sometimes it's just an issue of unfortunate timing, but the AVGN and Projared reviews are basically the same.
>>
>>3490376
Hi Derek
>>
>Pixelmusement
reviews of Ancient DOS Games, and tips on how to tweak the dosbox for each game
>MarphitimusBlackimus
Obscure First Person Shooters
>PortsCenter
differences between PC/console releases (inactive for a couple of months)
>>
>>3496045
>liking bronies who are literal cucks.

end yourself
>>
>>3506290
>Pixelmusement
Daily spam of long videos of shit DOS games
>MarphitimusBlackimus
Latest videos featuring obscure classics such as Half Life, Doom, and Killing Floor.
>PortsCenter
Inactive for a year and a concept done by many other channels.

Which shit channel is yours, anon?
>>
sOOooo welcomebacktoanother EPisooOOde
>>
File: 1473553929558.jpg (178KB, 825x886px) Image search: [Google]
1473553929558.jpg
178KB, 825x886px
>>3489068
>"painstakingly researched"
>check out his Mega Man documentary
>talks all about Keiji Infaune
>not a single mention of Akira Kitamura

This guy sucks. The people on /vr/ could do a better job if they got their act together and knew how to make quality videos.
>>
>>3505901

His mannerisms are very gay.
>>
>>3506290
>Obscure First Person Shooters

That guy talks about nothing but Half-Life.
>>
>>3501231

Gillythekid
Grimsie42
8biteric
Retroliberty
Gaming historian
Alli Flanagan
Wood Hawker....
Grimsie42
And
Grimsie42
>>
>>3505849
Didnt that Pete guy get kicked out of his Japanese Guest home for buying Gay Japanese Porn and the people he was staying with walked in on him?
>>
>Knowledgable
>Good speaking voice
>Good writing

Pick 2.
>>
>>3511219
So many stories of Pete involving perversion and yet there's never any sources.
>>
>>3511216
I recognize some of those names. They are literally the Kardashians of retro gaming. But who the fuck is Gillythekid?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1zdhttFTA
>>
>>3490680
>>3491328
Are these tubs of lard actually penetrating these tight little pixies? I think I'm gonna become an obnoxious Youtube gamer.
>>
>>3499905
True. I wish everyone knew him and loved him
>>
Happy Console Gamer's fake Canadian accent is kind of annoying though.
>>
angry video game nerd
>>
>>3511562
But he has sex with black guys
>>
>>3489042
Holy fucking shill batman. Your channel is fucking trash. Please leave.
>>
>>3502253
He always seemed like a cool dude, how so?
>>
>>3489249
Such a mega comfy video. This is why I love happyconsolegamer so much. They've been making videos like this decades before YouTube. And I believe this screen shot is from 2001. So mega comfy. I thought him and rob were gay together when I first found him.
>>
>>3491419
He's just a highly emotional guy that ties a lot of his gaming memories with his dead father. He's an artist as well so he's just well, emotional and sensitive about his memories. He has tons of episodes of going through his old boxes showing him drawing comic books and anime for art class. Also he's had friends from his childhood come onto his show that back a lot of his stories up.

One thing I will say is it's clear as day when he is doing a sponsored video. Like when he did the Titan fall 2 beta play through he was getting butt fucked and looked like he was not enjoying it. But went onto say it was a day one purchase. Not sure if it's just because he's a mech fan or because he wants to hold up the "I'm just happy and reasonable" persona. I also can't fucking stand how much he subtly brags about how young his wife is.

Other than those minor complaints he is easily my favorite YouTuber of all time.
>>
>>3511587
One more thing, he doesn't consider himself a collector. Yet every fucking new game stuff video he has it's loaded with shit he will clearly use MAYBE once but other than that he gets it for the memory. Also was a massive amiibo faggot. Sure, you aren't a collector, Johnny. I still love you.
>>
File: real_pete.png (235KB, 491x529px) Image search: [Google]
real_pete.png
235KB, 491x529px
Fresh meme hot of the presses. I think Pete has collectively lost his shit. Who the fuck sells shirts advocating against playing ROMs? Get R.E.A.L.
>>
>>3491757
Fuck them. I had to unsubscribe from them even though they were a convenient source of gaming news.

>DURRRRR IM MAKIN A BOOK
>DURR YOUR OPINIONS ARE STUPID
>DUUUURRR OMG WHO THINKS THAY WAY! PEOPLE WHO THINK LIKE THAT ARE STUPID
>did I mention I made a book?

They became insufferable. Especially after they tried calling out Dee Dave for dumpster diving a game stop and re selling the thrown out games back to GameStop. Pat and Ian got so fucking butt hurt and then deleted the video once they got called out.
>>
>>3511616

I don't think he understands how acronyms work
>>
>>3511617
Why? Its free games at the back of a gamestop dumpster, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>3492251
I don't give a fuck. Patreon owns him now. His channel has become so trash in the matter of months that I would feel bad if I were him. But then I'd go look at my 10-12k per month and smile.
>>
>>3494364
Game Dave is god tier. I really tried to not like his videos but his humor is genuine. You can tell he has always made it a point to be the funny guy at his family get togethers. Would recommend/10
>>
>>3511481
I doubt MJR is, dude is married and lets face it, while a nice dude and alot more interesting than his peers, he isn't landing higher than a 5.

Some of the girls he brings on are adorable, he must respect women or some shit.

The other dude is neckbeard as fuck and even his blackness just isn't enough to sway tiny white girls.
>>
>>3501265
Which is it? I am curious
>>
>>3511624
Because its destroying the hobby scumfuck.
>>
>>3511669
He's married to an equally as ugly chick who's stuck in the 80s
>>
>>3511624
Because pat and Ian are over opinionated assholes who couldn't stand to see other people have fun. Ian was so fucking butt hurt. Too bad they deleted the video.
>>
>>3511616
No fucking way. That guy got ran off of YouTube after his epic patreon begging failure.

>has over multiple expensive collectors items I.E. $3200 sonic wine glass
>comes begging for patreon money for "better video equipment"
>people tell him to fuck off and sell some of his shit
>forever butt hurt and now lives on twitch
>>
>>3496725
That's where they shine. It's their signature. Just because they aren't screaming and acting like total retards doesn't make them emotionless. Their humor, especially in a few of their end of episode skits are very funny.
>>
>>3499971
You have to remember the demographic of YouTube. Children and people reliving their nostalgia. The children can learn something about retro gaming, and the older people can enjoy hearing an outsiders perspective on a game they used to play.
>>
>>3511821
>Just because they aren't screaming and acting like total retards doesn't make them emotionless.

No but them talking like listless robots sure as hell does.

>Their humor, especially in a few of their end of episode skits are very funny.

They're really not.
>>
File: member.jpg (31KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
member.jpg
31KB, 630x630px
>>3511825
>>
>>3505901
No. He's just a recovering addict. His mannerisms are to the fucking wire someone who used to take uppers. I don't know if it was cocaine or speed but no one can tell me he wasn't an addict before.
>>
>>3511236
Look at him. And listen to the early episodes of the podcast when they had love talk segments with Johnny answering viewer questions about love and relationships. He is always so talkative until that segment. He never gives his opinion and never even acknowledges the topic at hand. He's a sexual deviant.
>>
somecallmeJohnny is a cool channel.
>>
Looks like someone I could have met at a ska-revival party 20 years ago.
>>
Larry Bundy Jr.'s coverage of 80s british/euro computer games is really fascinating to me as a yank. Too bad it's only like 5% of his videos and I've watched them all already.

I'm desperate for more quality retro pc content, LGR is like a drip feed.
>>
>>3511839
I think we can all relate to that.
>>
>>3511826
Can you give me an example of a funny YouTube channel?
>>
>>3511942

No.
>>
>>3499905
Kevin MacDonald from Kids in the Hall?
>>
>>3489907
Fucking hate Kimble Justice. Used to like his videos years ago, but then he started really getting into SJW tumblr shit and eventually went on a huge pro-Anita rant in that Tomb Raider retrospective of his. Unsubscribed there and then and never regretted it. You wouldn't believe how hard I laughed when he "came out" as "transgender".

Dan Ibbertson/DJ Slopes is pretty decent (good friends with Larry Bundy as well), though the fact that he associates with KJ does put me off him a little.

>>3505990
Are you sure you're not thinking of Fat Man Judgeth?
>>
>>3512314
>Dan Ibbertson/DJ Slopes
He does pretty good editing work. His best feature, really.

>Kim Justice
If it sounds SJW, I just drop it. But most of the videos aren't like that. I enjoyed the personality pieces and the UK computer stuff the most.
>>
Noah Gervais' stuff is always fun. I like her perspective on StarCraft and the Fallout games (of which the Fallout games keep coming up)

There are some people that don't like his voice and I understand but I find him very charming.
>>
I can't stand Metal Jesus. His videos are all "Hidden gems" and shit like that. Basically the same thing every time.
>>
>>3513318
>Noah Gervais
Some of his stuff is okay but I think he misses the mark a lot. Specifically his views on Postal 2 and Call of Duty World At War
>>
>>3488783

Why is Rob Man such a cunt? He barely appears on the show lately and all he do is making embarrassing posts on Facebook.
>>
>>3514030
>embarrassing posts on Facebook

Like what?
>>
File: BlD5rotCEAA5-wC.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
BlD5rotCEAA5-wC.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
>>3488783
Nudes of his wife when?
>>
>>3514045
Soon hopefully
>>
>>3514034

Acting like a moralfag 90% of the time, disrespecting everyone who doesn't share his opinions and whining about how life hasn't treated him well to get some attention.
>>
>>3514051
Damn, that is embarrassing.
>>
>>3489042
Fake gamer channel lol
>>
>>3514054

He once went berserk because Johnny didn't answer some messages and he thought he was no longer part of the channel.
>>
>>3514067
Hahah
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
I want to impregnate Kim
>>
>>3514076
Me too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVij2_vr6s
>>
File: 1411072155066.jpg (76KB, 997x556px) Image search: [Google]
1411072155066.jpg
76KB, 997x556px
Would probably prefer to hang out with Johnny over 90% of /vr/ if we're projecting here.
>>
File: avgn.png (200KB, 306x431px) Image search: [Google]
avgn.png
200KB, 306x431px
>Oak-arina of Time
>Godzilla RPG game
>is verily even a word?

Jesus James, get it together.
>>
>>3513930
iPhone hidden gems XD. Kelsey is cute.
>>
>>3514067
It's true. They had a falling out. Rob man, as much as I enjoy his nerdy obsession with vidya, he's just that, a fuckin nerd who gets incredibly butthurt over silly shit. Fucking over sensitive faggot. WOE IS ME WAAAAAAA! Fuck off.
>>
>>3491828
He's still a disgusting fat manbaby crying for attention.
>>
File: 1459951829942.jpg (81KB, 506x550px) Image search: [Google]
1459951829942.jpg
81KB, 506x550px
My picks in no particular order
HVGN/SSFF
Game Sack
Jeremy Parish/Game Boy World/Good Nintentions
The Gaming Historian (Preferably his newer videos, I feel the people here shitting on him judge him based on his older content which isn't very good)
Quickies Don't Cut it (Thanks to >>3501119 really enjoying this guy)
SomeCallMeJohnny
My Life in Gaming
LGR
Superdeadite (Even though he's too busy to make videos often)
Kinaman88/Dendy Chronicles (Though many of his videos are in dire need of subtitles)
ProJared
ImpulseKid86 (Even though he hasn't put up a new vid in ages)
Implantgames
DWTerminator

If I absolutely had to make a "shit-tier" list, guys like CGR, HCG, Console Wars to name a few, I don't find them entertaining at all.
>>
>>3515808
But almost all the ones you listed deserve to be on that shit tier list.
>>
>>3488783

I like ImportGamingFTW. Relaxing videos that are well edited, the guy doesn't take himself too seriously, and are generally informative. Focuses on import games (obviously from the name), so it's stuff I generally don't know as much about.
>>
I never see Turboviews mentioned been watching this guy for years he makes the best turbografx reviews on youtube easily. He has some cheesy jokes but his videos are really endearing. You can see how much passion he has and how much he loves the console.
>>
>>3511624
Because shit like that, especially shit like that which is shown on youtube, which will put that idea into others heads, will cause gamestops to be more thorough in destroying their garbage.
>>
What happened to this board? I thought these e-celeb threads used to get saged to oblivion.
>>
>>3516932
Spida1a is god tier.

Probably because one can tell his channel is mainly just his hobby.
He only makes vids on shit he cares about, turbografx, pinball tables, and transformers. Doesnt shill, unless you count the few vids he has about his dvds.
>>
>>3515808
>newer content is good.

In his older videos, he was an annoying kid reading facts off the internet.

In his newer videos, he is an annoying adult creating conspiracy theories by reading facts off the internet while e-begging for money.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 500x356px
SNESDrunk and SuperDerek are the ones to watch. Most videos are short and to the point for both channels.
>>
>>3511635

I do like GameDave. You can tell from his setup and the random stuff that he chooses to review that he is genuinely into this stuff. The editing and video quality is pretty great, too.
>>
>>3514021
>Specifically his views on Postal 2

That's interesting. What's your take on Postal 2?
>>
>>3517230
I think having one containment thread helped. I still sage tho.
>>
The worst are the ones who cant hold back from using the tired lines "I just all faith in humanity" kinda shit
just say something i haven't heard a million times, you're not funny for saying the thing we've both heard before
>>
>>3517645
you accidentally a word anon. No youtubers are funny period.
>>
>>3490680
In a fight between Metal Jesus and Radical Reggie, Metal Jesus would just die in 1 hit.
>>
>>3511635
Game Dave is cool af, one of the better game channels who is basically unknown at this point
>>
>>3495591
What'd she do?
>>
>>3496036
He's on a new weight loss med now. Seems to be actually helping him.
>>
>>3491540
same can't recommend the guy enough, the only thing is the guy has a life, unlike most aspiring youtube gaymurs and rarely makes videos.

His voice is comfy and he seems to know what he's talking about.
>>
>>3511617
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/completely-unnecessary/e/44123462?autoplay=true
>>
>>3518828
at 52 minute mark
>>
>>3518562
Clint and her were playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and she went apeshit after someone in the chat pointed out that she didn't know what the lambda symbol looked like.
>>
>>3512314
>>3512341
I can't stand his voice. I don't know if he's intentionally talking like that or what, but he wasn't hamming it up back in his older videos. Unsubbed when I learned that he's a tranny.
>>
>>3518884
Well he is from Essex, and they're basically the UK equivalent of New Jersey, so we all hate their voices anyhow. I gave up on the guy nearly three years ago because I saw how his channel was going (even predicted he'd end up as a tranny), so it's not a huge loss.

Generally trannies don't bother me (Rebecca Heineman's videos where she's talking about her work in the video games industry are pretty good for example), but Kimble is just an attention-seeking faggot, even having the trans symbol in his fucking title card.
>>
>>3518808
Yes, he said on stream the other night that he lost 8 pounds in a month.

With as much as he says he has to piss, the odds that 90% was water weight is pretty much guaranteed.
>>
I occasionally listen to new Retronauts
>>
>>3518880
Is this vid online somewhere?
>>
>>3519047
https://youtu.be/k-l1rcrxc5g?t=5m27s
>>
>>3519042
>8 pounds in a month
>in a month
>at that size

Proof he's not even trying. He'll die soon, and good riddens.
>>
>>3518562
She is completely nuts. You can't really blame her for it (look up her draw my life vid, she had a pretty shitty life), but I can't help but worry she's always about to go Brynn Hartman on Clint.
>>
Does Lukemorse1, Retrocore and gamemaster14neo count?

https://www.youtube.com/user/lukemorse1

https://www.youtube.com/user/Yakumo1975

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamemaster14neo
>>
>>3519158
Yep. Thats with the help of a weight loss drug.
>>
>>3519169
Retrocore and Gamemaster are both pretty good. Mainly for the quality of their footage, but they're both pretty enjoyable as channels.

Lukemorse on the other hand is downright pathetic. I can understand if you enjoy his videos, but you have to keep in mind that seven years ago his wife and kid left him because he neglected them due to his addiction to video games. He stayed off the internet for a grand total of one month when this happened, and then proceeded to go back to the obsessive hoarding that he's done to this day. Knowing that just makes him unwatchable, to me at least, because just like Boogie you're watching someone who's slowly killing themselves and it's just depressing when it get right down to it.
>>
>>3519378
why do people give a shit about youtubers personal lives? I dont get it? its pretty pathetic that you would care so much.
>>
>>3519474
Same reason people buy "people" magazine.

Cause i know youre gonna be pedantic about it, im not talking about (You) here.

We're strangers here.
No one wants to hear about my life. I dont want to hear about your life.
But we enjoy watching videos from these people. It gives us something to talk about.
>>
>>3519482
seems pretty normalfag and gay to care so much about fucking youtube losers.
>>
>>3519474
Jesus. You're completely retarded. Get some help, before it's too late.
>>
>>3489042
hey frenchpet. this is not how you are going to make money off of your 'investment' in videogames.
>>
>>3519378
>you're watching someone who's slowly killing themselves
Not too much different from me.
>>
>>3519493
Better than caring about what the literal no ones posting in this thread do.
>>
>>3491763
she has a real job already
>>
New episode when? :(
>>
>>3519563
youtube is a real job
>>
>>3520219
Never :( I love his reviews though like his jokes are lame as fuck and his humor is forced but he pulls it off so well. His dragon Quest reviews and rpg retrospective are too good.
>>
Game chasers
>>
>>3520219
Did he ever explain why he stopped making those videos? I finally unsubscribed when he was posting nothing but podcasts on his channel.
>>
>>3520714
I'm pretty sure he has a great STEM-related job so YouTube money, in comparison, is almost worthless for the amount of effort he puts in his videos.
>>
Do YouTube accounts get deleted? Like if Cinnemassacre has 2 million subscribers, how many are just super old accounts nobody uses anymore?
>>
>>3511839
>>3511236
first ive ever heard of this, where did you hear it?

He seems okay though

>sells stuff he has no interest in
>buys games he plans on playing
>sells what he admits he'll never play or doesn't care for (ie sells nes and neo geo stuff)
>>
>>3505853
I bet you're just saying that because they're all in their 30's and 40's, and/or married.
>>
>>3521975

I think YouTube pruned accounts not too long ago and some subscriber counts dropped as a result.

I need to look to see if YT has any countermeasures against fake accounts.
>>
>>3488783
>>3514045

I thought he was gay, because he sounds and looks kinda gay and also thought the name of the channel was a pun on the word "gay" (happy)
>>
I really like it when Cane and Rinse tackle old games like Goldeneye and the like
>>
>>3522284
he is tho his wife has a willy
>>
>>3522429
>>>/v/
>>
>>3522049
Yeah, and you always hear about it with these people because they care more about numbers than the people watching.

"Oh no, youtube purged 2000 of my subscribers!!"

No dumbass, they removed 2000 bots and spam accounts. Those werent real people.
If they were real people that accidentally got purged, theyll sub back shortly, once they realize theyre not seeing your shit anymore. If they dont, they must not be watching you anymore so no loss.
>>
>>3495867
>he wasn't getting the money back for the amount of time he put into the show

TO DO FUCKING WHAT? TALK ABOUT EL CAMINOS AND TRUXTON?

AND NOT REALLY REVIEW THINGS, JUST SAYING "OH I LIKE THIS, BUT ITS NOT AS GOOD AS PONG FOR THE ATARI!"

WHERE IS MY FREE MONEY FOR BEING A COMFY RETARD OR A SPERG YELLING ABOUT SHIT I DONT KNOW!?
>>
>>3496036
man, it still would suck to lose a large amount of weight like he has. hes gonna have flying squirrel flaps of fat, i've seen it before, its just gross.
>>
>>3501053
you mean that faggot who got a ginal truck of games he DIDNT FUCKING DESERVE from a "friend"?

also, the biggest thing that pisses me off is when people won't say how much they paid for something. pat does that shit all the time, like its some gov't coverup.

just tell us, you fucks!
oh, did you spend 1k on a shitty nes game to complete your "collection" and feel burned because those games are mostly shit?

so sick of all these people getting good deals and then saying they got it from a local collector too. that doesn't count you fuck, you probably traded or didn't pay 5 dollars for it. fuck you.
>>
>>3513930
dude, i can't fucking stand he has a 64DD and he DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT WAS!!!!!!!

he just doesn't know anything about most of the shit he has or is shown. he has so much shit that i want and im sure he doesn't even play most of it. he also wouldn't tell anyone what he paid for that 64DD either
>>
>>3521975
on that note, why do people make 2 fucking accounts for shit?

like, just make playlists for your other shit like a normal person
>>
>>3524886
Not fat, but loose, excess skin.

I doubt he'll manage to lose enough weight, or if he did, keep it off.
But if he did lose weight and keep it off, then he would almost certainly have to have skin reduction surgery.
>>
>>3524924
Ive heard that some people actually bitch to tubers if they upload different shit to their channel. Shit like comments saying "wtf is this, i subbed for gamechasers, not livestreams, unsubbed" or if someone that originally did game reviews starts to do vlogs will bitch and moan, even if the frequency of reviews dont change.
>>
>>3524896
I dont know. I've only watched a few of his vids. Sounds possible though.

Fucking betas are always sending shit to youtubers for free.

Okchief used to do mail vids, gamechasers do mail vids, lgr did a few mail vids.
People will send good shit to people, just to get their name mentioned or in hopes of "becoming their friend" or some shit.
>>
>>3525137
I also hate the way people will send in game or equipment donations in the hopes of being their "friends". It gives me some sick joy when all the youtuber says is "Thanks for the donation. You know who you are", or something like that; almost like this person wanted their favourite eceleb to say their name and they got burned.

Donations should be frowned upon anyway. These people made enough money from making videos on the internet out of, supposedly, the joy of making videos. They shouldn't accept donations. Go out and buy the fucking game like everybody else. But that mindset would require some integrity on the youtubers part, which is nonexistent.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>3525160
Ahahha, yeah, that's funny.
Also the "i remember who gave me this at a convention... but i forget your name." Or they get the name wrong.
>>
>>3511216
>Gillythekid

why did you recommend this degenerate?
>>
>>3525160
They're rich and famous because they don't have to over pay for stupid artificially high priced games.
>>
>>3520225
lol
>>
>>3514148
nothing wrong with different cultures pronouncing a fucking word differently based on their language you mong, so long as other people understand them
>>
>>3526208
What's funny about that?
>>
>>3526250
Cause everyone knows youtube isnt a real job.
You know, like other fake jobs like musician, actor, comedian, news anchor, writer, magician, etc.
>>
>>3490680
>video game t-shirt
>carco shorts
>sandals

you forgot your fedora you fucking faggot.
>>
>>3494080
Eric's content has always sucked. He is on the same level or worse as many unknown channels. He just lucked out by being shown on The Game Chasers. Which isn't saying much as theyve gone downhill too.
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.