[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on The Great Giana Sisters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: gianasisters_7203.jpg (197KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
gianasisters_7203.jpg
197KB, 340x450px
Thoughts on The Great Giana Sisters?
>>
The reboot was a frustrating mess.
>>
>>3486495
This.

Original C64 game is OK, I really enjoyed the DS game, and the reboot was just awful.
>>
Top row looks like Garbage Pail kids, I like that.

Second row looks like they're from some TV commercial for kids from the early 00s.

Bottom row looks like they're from Tumblr.
>>
>>3486507
the DS style is really cute, for both Punk and Cutie Giana

you would say they tried to improve it for the reboot, but, i dunno, to me its not as good.
>>
>>3486482
Just played through the C64 version and it was absolute garbage. Anyone who tries to pretend that it was anything more than a Mario knockoff is an idiot. It was chinese tier bootleg shit.
>>
>>3486495
The DS version was painfully generic bargain bin stuff while the PC version was just your usual unlimited lives trial and error platformer with levels that are way too easy and bosses that on the other hand are stupidly hard.
>>
>>3486482
I've only played the DS game, it's pretty fun.
>>
>>3486495
>>3486503
Why is Twisted Dreams bad?
>>
The original game was a fun little Mario knock-off. Did it have infinite lives? If not then I used save states. Some of those jumps were idiotic because of the platforming physics.

The reboot (DS/PC) was pretty bland. It wasn't bad, just generic and easy. I can't really recommend it.

For some reason I got bored of Twisted Dreams after a few levels, I can't put my hand on why, though. I guess it's just a bland platformer with a gimmick that's been done before, pressing a button to swap which blocks are active and which aren't.

Also there is apparently a racing game.
>>
>>3488413
Oh the DS/PC game was a sequel, my bad.
>>
>>3486482
It's shit, just like everything for the Amiger.
>>
>>3488425
It originated on the Commodore 64 though
>>
>>3486482
The DS one was surprisingly fun to me, the reboot was an overall mess in all aspects, but certainly not bad. What got me in the end was the repetitiveness of its levels.
>>
The c64 version is one of my earliest childhood memories, I have nothing but love for this game, especially the music.
>>
>>3486482
everyone here would be shitting themselves about tumblr or whatever if those first designs were a thing today
>>
>>3488413
>Did it have infinite lives?
Not inherently but the most common version was a trainer that allowed you to activate infinite lives.
>>
>>3488396
No idea either, it was very convincing for today's standards.
>>
File: giana_sister_d7.jpg (397KB, 800x1028px) Image search: [Google]
giana_sister_d7.jpg
397KB, 800x1028px
>>3488718
First row isn't the first designs. First design was pic related
>>
>>3486660
Mario was great. Giana Sisters was a good clone. Therefore Giana Sisters was great.
>>
>>3490326
i have always wondered...

Why barefeet? why just a hot blondie? why the poking tits? why does she look like farah fawcett? that design doesnt make sense, they just traced some girl from some magazine for this?

the cartoony first designs from OP have way more sense.
>>
why are they called sisters if the second girl is just the first girl powered-up
>>
>>3490369
supposedly giana does have a sister, at least on the reboot story, (and i think the original story too).

the point is that she gets kidnapped by not-bowser and giana has to go rescue her.

the DS story is that not-bowser's minions steal giana's gem collection.
>>
>>3490379
ah! and about the name as it is? just to get some mario bucks from the confused children, thats all...
>>
>>3490369
It works like in Fight Club.
>>
>>3490326
looks like they just drew tits on a 15 y/o
>>
>>3490369
Giana has a sister called Maria, who is player 2 in the C64 and amiga games. The punky power up form isn't the sister, just Giana in a different form. I don't know if Maria is seen in Twisted dreams and the other modern games but supplemental materials for Twisted Dreams showed her to be taller and older than Giana and with green hair IIRC.
>>
>>3490379
It feels like in the DS reboot they tried to sell us the idea that Cute and Punk were the sisters.

>>3490442
You get to see Maria on not-bowser's hand in Twisted Dreams
>>
>>3490848
kinda hard to tell...

in the tutorial level, the text about the punk ball, and certain texts afterwards mention punk giana like so, as another form of giana.

maybe theres mention of maria in the manual, due to the game having almost not story text.
>>
>>3490397
did you know that some females have adult size tits at age 15? Its called nature.
>>
>>3490352
But it wasn't a good clone. It was chinese bootleg tier. Everything about it from the controls to the art to the collision detection to the level design was horrible.
>>
>>3491014
I never played the original game, only the ds one, but even i can tell the original was a good clone and a perfect alternative to smb, no wonder why nintendo wanted to wipe it up.
>>
>>3491048
>i've never played it, but i know it was a good game and a perfect alternative to smb

ishygddt
>>
>>3488881
It was good though I wish they had stuck to 2D graphics in the style of the DS game
>>
>>3491014
>>3491048

Nah aside from the layout of the first level being literally copy pasted from smb and some similar game mechanics it was a different game

It was, in fact, better than mario
>>
I had it on the Amiga 500.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.