[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when you realized Super Sparkster is actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: sparkster.png (186KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sparkster.png
186KB, 500x500px
Where were you when you realized Super Sparkster is actually the better game over Rocket Knight Adventure?
>>
No it isn't, but it's better than the weird Mega Sparkster.
>>
>>3486193
>No it isn't
Or is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfzUUHHjRDY
>>
File: brainnumbingpower.png (365KB, 493x578px) Image search: [Google]
brainnumbingpower.png
365KB, 493x578px
>>3486181
BUT WHAT GAVE IT THAT RETRO FEEL NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED?
PROTIP: YOU CAN'T
>>
Never, because I didn't catch the shit taste disease.
>>
>>3486203
>shit taste
>prefers RKA

O I AM LAFFIN
>>
>it's another console war thread using good Konami IPs as ammunition

You fags are heretic.
>>
>>3486197
>underrated post
>>
>>3486195
>Music instrument land level

It's sad that you think this is what constitutes better
>>
Both Sparkster and RKA are just about even in terms of controls. RKA is slightly better in terms of graphics. RKA had significantly better, more memorable music.

RKA just had an overall charm to it that Sparkster didn't.
>>
I liked that Sparkster put more emphasis on the rocket pack, which is what made the game unique in the first place.
>>
RKA is a better game in every way. SNES Sparkster is the hipster choice. Retards pick Genesis Sparkster.
>>
Graphics:
SNES > Genesis

Music:
SNES > Genesis

Game feel:
SNES < Genesis

Level designs:
SNES > Genesis

Bosses / enemies:
SNES < Genesis

Presentation:
SNES > Genesis

Winner: SNES
>>
>>3486789
>Music:
>SNES > Genesis

bwahahahahahaha
>>
File: megaman-drank.png (3MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
megaman-drank.png
3MB, 900x900px
>>3487438
>he prefers the farty boops of RKA to the glorious orchestral epicness of SNES
>>
>>3486197
this
>>
File: chen.png (141KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
chen.png
141KB, 512x512px
>>3487456
>epicness
>>
File: hard choice.jpg (26KB, 296x523px) Image search: [Google]
hard choice.jpg
26KB, 296x523px
>>3486181
>>3486197
>>
>>3486181
Nice meme. Slowster is not even close.
>>
>>3486181
>enemies have iframes after being hit
>no continuous damage sound during slashes

Do you just hate satisfying mechanics and feedback?

Not to mention the relatively claustrophobic field of view due to decreased resolution, and yep-sure-is-an-SNES-game slowdown.

SNES Sparker is alright, but RKA is just better.

You either have shit taste or are a console zealot to think otherwise.
>>
>>3487576
t. sega fanboi
>>
>>3487438
>He thinks Genesis sound is good

SNES > TG-16 > Genesis
>>
>>3488132

It doesn't matter what the system sounds like if the game itself doesn't deliver

just because a DVD looks better than a VHS doesn't mean squat if the video encode is botched
>>
SNES version is better, but only because RKA goes overboard on the autoscrolling sections. After the third jetpac level, the novelty wears off and isn't fun anymore.
>>
>>3488132

You're talking about the SNES/Genesis 'sound' while we're talking about the actual music/sounds from a game. There's a difference.

Let's assume the Genesis indeed does have inferior sound. The point is, RKA still made better, more memorable MUSIC with that inferior sound than Sparkster made with the superior SNES sound. Get it?
>>
>>3487456
>he prefers compressed and unconvincing samples played over organic FM-synthesis.
That fart shit only works for games made with GEMS, sega's shitty shortcode music program. People who knew how to create FM patches could make tunes that blew the fuck out of SNES's sampling chip. This includes Sparkster--there are musical effects that the SNES can't replicate because it lacks true synthesis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_IJYc9t3vQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5I2qFqYA9w&index=8&list=PL4DD42291C45671A5
https://youtu.be/psSamm93uCE?t=35m53s
>>
>>3488461
>muh follin
>muh tecnosoft

segatards are so predictable
>>
SNES Sparkster is the game that got me into the series. It's one of my favorite games on the system.
>>
>>3487456
>epicness
SNESdrones, everyone
>>
>>3486181
>Super Sparkster
Literally what
>>
but does that game have blast processing?
>>
>>3486181
I want to cum inside Sparkster. Unf.
>>
>>3486181
Gave this game, and RKA, another look today.

Sparkster is better than I remember. I still think the iframes and not being able to just constantly carve out damage like you can in RKA is kind of a bummer. Also most of the levels look and feel a lot like Flying Battery Zone from Sonic & Knuckles. The game has a less charming aesthetic overall.

I'm glad I played it again, though. Do think it's an 8 instead of a 7 as I thought before.

RKA still a best.
>>
Never liked much both Sparkster games, level design wise they both suck compared to RKA. Biggest levels doesn't equal better levels, in fact it is quite the opposite in this case.
>>
>>3486197
How do i upvote
>>
>>3486181
When I realized that Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom are masterpieces.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.