[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This, Echo, and Super Mario RPG What the FUCK did they expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Mickey2.png (32KB, 203x177px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey2.png
32KB, 203x177px
This, Echo, and Super Mario RPG

What the FUCK did they expect with such weird and arcane gameplay mechanics?

Mickey Mousecapade had this weird owl thing take away Minnie and made it an annoying question to backtrack the whole level three times, and had this weird key take you to this area with these golden statues that did nothing except disappear when you touch one

Echo was just swimming around doing nothing until SOMETHING happened and you jumped in the air and did some loops

Mario RPG had that tadpole music thing I didn't get as a kid and made me waste my rent week just grinding and visiting the peak to see the Bowser castle

What are your childhood memories of weird things in games that impeded or confused you?
>>
>>3480805
Its ECCO first of all. Second of all you sound like an idiot. However Mickey Mousecapades was a very bullshit game. I remember I could never get to stage 3 as a kid. FUCK MINNIE.
>>
>>3480813
>Second of all you sound like an idiot.

rude fag
>>
>>3480817
im sorry maybe you were just a dumb kid. I was too.
>>
File: 1389321339867.jpg (27KB, 300x278px) Image search: [Google]
1389321339867.jpg
27KB, 300x278px
>>3480805
>Mario RPG had that tadpole music thing I didn't get as a kid and made me waste my rent week just grinding and visiting the peak to see the Bowser castle
Melody Bay is entirely optional though, and in no way required to proceed with the game. You could have just went on with the game, completely ignoring Toadofsky entirely.
>>
>>3480819
Who wasn't?
>>
>>3480805
First of all, what the heck is up with this game?
>>
Level 2 of Mickey is impossible. How did they think a child could beat that
>>
>>3483540

isn't level 2 the ocean level? that was easy as fuck. entire game is easy. git fuckin gud
>>
>>3480805
Just like her... bitch. I know it's e-celeb cancer but if the Mousecapades Grumps episode doesn't brighten your day a little bit you're probably beyond hope
>>
Mickey Mouse?

FIRST of all...
>>
>>3480820
Shut up tripfag, we don't like your kind here.
>>
>>3480805
mickey mousecapade was one of the first games I played at a young age. I came back to it recently and finally beat it.

it's not a bad game, but its mechanics are a bit weird and it has a very jagged learning curve. getting minnie back was a hassle, but it's not that bad when you realize what's going on - you have to choose the correct statue, and you can consistently spawn the key to try again.

>>3483540
the ocean level was jarringly more difficult, but it still wasn't that hard. I can usually get through and beat the gator on the first try. later on it gets nasty - the pirate ship with the cheap enemies, and the forest level that would teleport you back unless you knew which entrance to go to (one of these being invisible).

it was satisfying to finally get that one under my belt.
>>
>>3484179
no u

If anything was likely to catch a dumb little kid up, I would think it would be the Sunken Ship and pearls.
>>
XMen for Genesis

You're in this room, then suddenly, you're in a jungle, then you're in that same room, but with tiny robots scattered around, and then suddenly another level

That was the most bizarre game
>>
>>3484783
that's the danger room. It can create simulations for the xmen to practice in.
>>
>>3484783
this song is fucking ingrained in my brain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyrd7E0aWjQ
bwwwrrrraaannnnnnnnnnnng
>>
>>3484793
>this thread
Yes, I know all about X Men now, but back then, I had no idea what was going on, Wolverine is there! And there's this lady who keeps floating me up and hey that guy was not Magneto where is Magneto etc
>>
>>3484794
It's a tie between that level and the first level of this
https://youtu.be/wjqeBZFFuiY

for "Most Genesis memory"
>>
>>3480805
Dunno, they were probably just throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what stuck. Happened with the 2600 too. As for confusing game memories, I recall an old game caled rolling ronny (I believe), and I have a distinct memory of falling into what I think was the very first trap (an open manhole) consistently, despite pushing various keys and buttons. Pretty upsetting, especially since the disk got destroyed so I'll never get the closure of avoiding it. I could always emulate though, I suppose.

>Echo was just swimming around doing nothing

Yeah that was the point. It was supposed to convey tranquillity, where you're incited by a friend to "see how high you can jump" or something to that extent. Put simply, it was an obtuse way to increase immersion and add to the narrative without text. Which I believe is the real downfall here, some people just don't want to interpret riddles and whatnot. Different strokes, art is subjective, yadda yadda.

Point is, you've phrased it like you downloaded it for free and wanted immediate payoff for your time... In which case please sell your vidya for itunes cards

Also inb4 barrel
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.