[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vintage Nintendo Wooden Storage Box

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1430.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1430.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey, looking to see if anyone has one of these babies. Mine's pretty banged up and I was wondering if anyone's was too seeing as how old they are, and if they tried fixing it. I want to refurbish it since its so nice but idk
>>
Ebay does. Looks like they're typically asking 300 smackeroos for it. those theirs are in better condition than yours.
>>
I see these all the time, always overpriced as shit.

Of course I'm pretty much always amazed at the price on wooden chests in general. OP should just wipe it with some wood preserving shit once a year and use it as a chest to keep other Nintendo shit in good condition.
>>
I still have mine, and it's in good condition. I kept it in my closet, though, and it's full of old toys.
>>
>>3480324
these are particle board and contact paper. I had a tmnt one, they are mass produced garbage.
>>
How on earth did anyone obtain one of these?

In Nintendo Power issue 194, they say nobody knows the origin of them, and that it's probably the rarest item a fan can own besides one of a kind developer paraphernalia for games.
>>
>>3480449
>That chest was released with many matching sets back in 1988 as part of the "Mario Mania" wave. Matching bedsheets, curtains, cups, toothbrushes, party supplies, ice cream, candy bars, etc. etc. MERCHANDISING! Mario the Lunch Box! Mario the Doll! "MAMA MIA"! Adorable....and MARIO THE FLAME THROWER!! Wooooo!....the kids love this one...
>>
>>3480241

Yeah, it'd be nice to refurb it, but that would require you to pretty much just paint over the whole thing, using a good condition one as a reference.

I think what >>3480324 said (though I know nothing about wood preservation) is probably the best. Keep it in as good of shape as possible, but more or less leave it as-is. Whatever amount of work would be required to restore it probably isn't worth it unless you just enjoy doing stuff like that.
>>
>>3480449
They sold them at Kmart.
>>
>>3480449
I didn't even remember they existed. I must not have cared at the time.
>>
>>3480493
YOU CAN'T WOOD-PRESERVE SOMETHING MADE OF PASTEBOARD YOU MORON.

OP: find a place that sells contact paper with custom prints, find the original image, and have them print you new contact paper to put on it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.