[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Holy Grail of unreleased games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: wheres it.jpg (91KB, 540x473px) Image search: [Google]
wheres it.jpg
91KB, 540x473px
What leak/dump are you still hoping for?

Seeing Infinity getting released after all these years and a new completly unheard of N64 game pop-up just yesterday got me thinking. What is still out there? What are you hoping for?
N64 Racer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjet-4S0gAI
Infinity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bi_c47t-R8
Viewpoint 2064 (feel like this is was only a few months ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4iSAcgz7tM

Personally, I am still waiting for Katakis-3D to be released. It is out there, we have a working cart and the devs were looking to release it, but it's not here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb886SUrw7U
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1103351o
Also, the finished version of StarFox 2.
>>
>>3478896
With so many shitty games already I don't understand why people want to play something so shitty it was never finished or finished and not released.
>>
File: garou.jpg (338KB, 1397x944px) Image search: [Google]
garou.jpg
338KB, 1397x944px
>>3478896
If you count unfinished games, it's a shame that Garou 2 was never released.
>>
>>3478926
Betas, prototypes, anything.
This is something that really fascinates me about retro gaming. Lost and unreleased games, though you find similar cases basically everywhere else too.
>>
>>3478926
Was going to post this, hopefully something for Garou 2 turns up at some point.
>>
>>3478896
I can't find him. I see a guy that looks like Superman though.
>>
Castlevania Resurrection
>>
Mother 3 64
Super Mario World 1989 demo
Any first party Nintendo proto to be fair
>>
Sonic Extreme boss prototype.

And a beta of a regular level if possible but really fans have got that covered.
>>
>>3478896
I want to know what the hell Yeah Yeah Beebiss I is
>>
Stonekeep 2: Godmaker
>>
Fleapit, the only known game for Rare's Razz/Playboy hardware and the predecessor to the SNES game "Plok!".

The game was far into development when Rare decided they didn't want an arcade board. It couldn't be ported to anything else because the hardware was even more advanced than the Neo Geo.
>>
None. They're prototypes and betas for a reason: they're unfinished.

Aside from sating curiosity for 5 minutes at most there's little reason to hope for a prototype's or beta's release.

There's the historical preservation angle, but again, nobody will legitimately care for more than a few minutes.
>>
File: Pokémon 2.gif (25KB, 385x106px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon 2.gif
25KB, 385x106px
>>3479184
>Betas, prototypes, anything
Garou, Earthbound 64/Mother 3, Pocket Monsters 2: Gold and Silver
>>
i wanna see NES Sim City just cause i can't imagine how they made it work on a damn NES
>>
File: Dinosaur_planet_wallpaper.jpg (129KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur_planet_wallpaper.jpg
129KB, 1024x768px
>>3478896
I'd like to see the dumps of Twelve Tales Conker 64 and Dinosaur Planet. Someone posted gameplay of both of them online from somewhere. I know those early versions of both still exist in some capacity, so they would be cool to play.
>>
File: file.jpg (53KB, 443x473px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
53KB, 443x473px
Hellraiser for NES
>>
The finished Star Fox 2.
>>
>>3480816
Personally, I don't care much for betas/prototypes, but enough people do. Just look tcrf. They want to know everything that is in their game.
And beyond that there are cool games that get made and never released, or released and lost or just not dumped.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJYwkO39Vc
>>
The PS1 prototype for Lufia/Estapolis 3.
Before it got turned into a GBC game with loads of cut content.
>>
File: kimba.jpg (16KB, 236x205px) Image search: [Google]
kimba.jpg
16KB, 236x205px
The Kimba N64 game that was being develope by the SM64 team and produced by Shiggy.

It didn't got too far into development but there was a playable demo.
>>
>>3480816
>Aside from sating curiosity for 5 minutes at most there's little reason to hope for a prototype's or beta's release.

This, sadly.

I'm someone who does really enjoy playing and analyzing protos, but I've come to be of the belief that a lot of people who "care" about prototypes only care because it is something that, in this world of full ROM set torrents and films up for download before theatrical release, they can't have. And, for a lot of people who do have them, the joy comes from other people not being able to have them. Prototypes seem to get a lot more attention when they've yet ro be dumped and info only exists by way of old magazine scans, descriptions, and maybe a stray video or a mysterious devcart photo. Prior to a public dump, the revealing of possession piques excitement, anger, speculation, and hype. The actual dump release is lucky if it gets more than a few "thank you"s and an article on tcrf.

tl;dr despite what they themselves might say most gamers don't care all that much about prototypes and the generally lukewarm reception to public releases discourages owners from bothering to share
>>
>>3481913
Some prototypes are fun. I like the Jelly Boy 2 beta that wasn't released commercially, and the Star Fox 2 beta look pretty impressive. Even the Monster Party proto is interesting because you see the original intention of the game. Yeah most are just curiosities you forget about 2 days later but some are cool games that deserve to be played.
>>
>>3481913
I like some prototypes because they are unique. Like a rail shooter on the game boy color. How can you not be exited!?
>>
Still hoping for a dump of Vertexer.
https://youtu.be/K-lVyYtkgRY
>>
>>3478896
I remember when the RE 1.5 beta and the GBC RE1 were my own personal holy grails.

But then I played 1.5 for the beauty of 2 minutes and never even downloading the other.

Moral of the story: these shits are less interesting to play than they seem.
>>
>>3485610
forgot to mention another: Starfox 2, played it for like half an hour, never looked back
>>
>>3478902
They don't want to play it. They need to complete their flash cart collection of unplayable shit. Having a flash cart without every single game ever made for that console is like having itchy balls and being too fat to scratch them for the autists.
>>
File: shoutime.png (74KB, 1309x419px) Image search: [Google]
shoutime.png
74KB, 1309x419px
>>3485586
>>
>>3487690
Read through the thread. That attitude is really sad. I think I can understand it, but it's definitely not the way I would handle it. Shou seems to be the hero we need!

Also, brand new leak:
>>3487701
>>
File: font_fleapit.gif (12KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
font_fleapit.gif
12KB, 500x450px
>>3480730

Forgot to mention: Rare would have been the publisher of this, it was fully playable when they canned it (as well as an unknown game by the Head over Heels developer), and it would have been the first Rare game with voice acting, by the late Cris Seivey.
>>
File: Project Dream.png (540KB, 561x475px) Image search: [Google]
Project Dream.png
540KB, 561x475px
>>
Mario 64 2 and Ura Zelda
>>
Metroid 64
>>
>>3485586
Wow, looks like it would have eaten F-Zero's lunch.
>>
>>3492353
Do we now anything about Metroid 64? Does something like that exist?
>>
>>3490643
Seeing all that new footage made me dream of what could've been.
>>
Hi-ten Bomberman

http://bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Hi-ten Bomberman

or its Saturn/Dreamcast equivalent.
>>
>>3489838
>>3487690
It frustrates me that people buy up these rare games and keep them all to them themselves but I guess it doesn't surprise me that the type of people who would spend thousands of dollars and hours to get these things would be assholes/super fucking weird.
>>
>>3492415

Scrapped before entering development, is the way I understand it. http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_64
I'd still love to know what was planned, and who was slated to develop the title.
>>
>>3478896
Any adventure games at the end of Sierra's days. I'm sure at least a couple were in early stages. I know bigger expected titles were frozen like Space Quest so a lot of people there saw the end coming. But like I say, there probably were at least a few mock ups, tests in engines, something.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.