[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /vr/'s experience with the PSOne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: PSOne.jpg (78KB, 900x589px) Image search: [Google]
PSOne.jpg
78KB, 900x589px
What is /vr/'s experience with the PSOne?
>>
>>3478749
Pretty nice and portable.
>>
File: 1331732483935.png (62KB, 414x248px) Image search: [Google]
1331732483935.png
62KB, 414x248px
>>3478749
I wish I had one. Ever since I saw that commercial I had the itch but to this day I was never able to scratch it.
>>
>>3478749
It was nice having one, replaced my normal PS1 when it broke. Missed the multi-out a bit though.
>>
>>3478749
It fits in a back pack, back pocket. Its easy to take anywhere you want to play PS1 with your friends. If you have the LCD thingy you can probably figure out a way to play anywhere. It was a great redesign.
>>
Bought 2 from goodwill. 1 has a fucked up image, the other had bent pins in the memory card slot that I had to fix with a paperclip. Fixed the one, haven't got around to poking the other.
>>
>>3478749
That's the PS1 Slim you fucking underage
>>
>>3478821
but it has psone written on it
>>
>>3478832
Pretty sure that's a typo.
>>
>>3478821
>>3478840
You're the fucking underage, quit trying to sound elitist when you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>3478845
Yup.
The spindle drives aren't great on these. They start rattling before they go and are a single unit w the optic.
>>
>>3478856
I love mine because of the LCD screen but that screen likes to go blank sometimes and I have to wiggle it back to normal. I looked this up and apparently finding a screen these days that doesn't do that is nearly impossible.
>>
>>3478865
^that ^screen isnt good though. even by 2000 standards
>>
Used to have one. We had that for a short amount of time until we sold it.I don't feel bad because the PS2 plays PS1 games anyway.
>>
>>3478868
It's good when you work overnights and want something to do/look like hipster trash while waiting for the bus.
>>3478885
quality post.
>>
>>3478845
There's not a single proof it wasn't called ps1 slim. Box has ps1 written in it because that's the fucking name of the system, Sony knew beforehand they were going to make the ps2 so they called their first console the ps1. Now fuck off this is a board for adults.
>>
File: 1471464818345.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1471464818345.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>3478938
>>
>>3478749
Mine gets quite a bit of use. I have an LCD and battery pack so it's truly portable. The screen is reasonable even by todays standards. Since the system uses memory cards for saves it's really convenient to just swap that to the things plugged into the big screens and leave the the psone as a dedicated portable. That and the big screen and real controllers give it some real advantages over a PSP.

>>3478762
>multi-out
i do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>3478749
PSONE was what my poor friend finally got after his mom finally decided to get him a game system. Meanwhile he missed out on every great PS1 game, being able to talk about them with friends etc.

He even had the screen for it, it was fucking small. Nigger was playing FF9 on it and you could barely read the text.

Long story short: if your first playstation was the PSONE, you're a faggot
>>
>>3478952
>my poor friend
>after his mom
>get him
>he missed out on every great PS1 game
>friends
>He even
>Nigger
>a faggot

No need to be ashamed of your childhood, anon
>>
>>3478962
Nah, that story isnt about me.
Believe it or not I had every single (worthwhile system) growing up. since I had 4 brothers/sisters.

Gameboy/nes/sega/snes etc.

Whole reason I even bought the PS1 over the saturn was the design of it was fucking beautiful. No way I'd ever buy a PSONE, I nearly stole one from KB toys though, was almost fucking done unpackaging it and loading it into my massive jnco jean pockets when a security guard came in supposedly looking for a toy for his sons birthday, asking me about it. pretty sure I almost got rekt.
>>
File: box.jpg (145KB, 900x872px) Image search: [Google]
box.jpg
145KB, 900x872px
>>3478938
>to be this retarded
Look at this pic. See how it says "PlayStation" on the box? Not PS1? or PSX for any dumb fucking faggot who calls it that. See how the PlayStation that is pictured is the original model?

>>3478845
Now see what it is called on this box? Notice how the pictured PlayStation is indeed the "slim" model? But it doesn't say PS1 Slim, does it?

>so underage you can't even read
>>
File: malcolm-x-AB_1.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
malcolm-x-AB_1.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>3478986
>responding this robustly to obvious bait
>>
>>3478986
thats the psx you autist
>>
>>3479002
That's a dvd player you autist.
>>
File: 300px-Console_psx.jpg (17KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Console_psx.jpg
17KB, 300x200px
>>3479002
>>
>>3478885
It's all good until your PS2 laser goes out. Unless someone found a way to run ps1 Isos from the hard drive.
>>
>>3479007
That's a CD player you autist

>>3478749
Me and my brother loved it. It was our dad's at first, and as such we got some cool games when he gave it to us (Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal, Pong, Tekken, etc.). Wish I still had it, but we sold it to get a PS2.
>>
>>3479012
okay it takes years for that to happen and you can easily just buy another one for 20 bucks.
>>
>>3478749
Probably my favorite console redesign ever. It's so friendly looking.
>>
i'm going to play my favorite belt scrollers on my psx and you will not stop me
>>
>>3479050
i WILL STOP YOU EVEN IF ITS THE LAST TING I DO MADAFAKA!!!!
>>
>>3479050
Kek. I honestly think /vr/ was created just to contain the faggots that endlessly debate over PSX vs PlayStation.
>>
>>3478986
>NTSC
lmao

That was a PS1 Fat here in the civilized world, look it up. Why do Americans always fuck up names? Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Play Station without the 1 Fat part...
>>
>>3479096
>Play Station
>>
>>3479126
ikr, casual detected af
>>
>>3478938
Next leveling of shit posting is going too far
>>
>>3479009
Ah, the ol' PS1 Obese.
>>
File: 1thRHXp.gif (1MB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1thRHXp.gif
1MB, 700x700px
PSone is cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute.
>>
>>3478749
>want to get one
>want to get it with the little screen because it's cheaper to get both at once than to buy them separately
>every seller either admits the hinge is broken on the screen or doesn't show the screen working
>give up and settle for playing PS1 on PSP and PS2
>>
Mine still works and I use it regularly.
I had to fix the lid button a decade ago but other than that its still working flawlessly. And that physical malfunction was my own fucking fault.
>>
>>3478952
>had completely unnecessary screen which would have cost poor family more money
p sure they have one tv already in the house dick
>>
>>3478749
My waifu.
>>
>>3479847
He didn't have a tv for his room, a bunk bed . this tiny ass screen, and a weight lifting bench was all he had in his room.
Literally nothing else.

Was like jail in there
>>
>>3478973
Goddammit anon
Did you steal the other systems as well ?
>>
>>3478868
the official screen is burdy gud. the third party ones are all trash. I wish I didn't sell my combo unit. the retron has the console only version, just need a boxed screen
>>
>>3479946
>anon

The names Tyrone, BITCH!
Nah, Never had a chance to steal any other systems.

This KB toys was literally klepto heaven, and so was the Electronics boutique across from it.

The KB toys kept greatest hits games and excess consoles on a shelf, out of sight from the register so you could just grab some, walk into the empty isle and go to town.

They also kept games in the front of the store in those basket type things with the plastic cases around the games that keep them locked in place.

But you could just come prepared with scissors and take what you wanted.
Then the Electronic boutique.. jesus that shit was heaven.

They kept all hundreds of used items/games hanging on a wall in plastic baggies without the jewel case.

So you could grab literally 20 games at once and shove them in your jnco pocket if they were big and not even look out of place. Literally stole like the whole dreamcast catalog doing that. kek.

Yes it was niggerish to steal, but my dad was addicted to
buying useless shit from infomercials at that time and I wouldn't have got any games otherwise.
>>
>>3479959
I get it man
my dad had the same "problems" and I would have done the same thing if not for my grandfather who used to buy me games from time to time
>>
>>3478749
My friend has one with the LCD attachment and it's adorable.
>>
>>3480004
we're not buying your cheap knockoff ebay items anon.
>>
>>3480014
Order now while supplies last!
>>
>>3480004
>spamming

No, shilling. And fuck you you faggot piece of shit.
>>
>>3480041
WHOA MAN. Take it easy.
He could just be trying to help out PSone enthusiast chill out.
>>
>>3480045
>samefagging this obvious
>>
>>3480014
>implying there's a first party battery pack
It's the clip that's desirable anyway

>>3480036
Yeah see this is the same thing that happened when I tried to point out that fliptop ps2 cases had appeared in France and now people are crying they missed out

>>3480045
They'll learn eventually I guess
>>
>>3479592
I assume mine still works, but I haven't used it for years. How did you break your lid button?
>>
>>3480065
It makes a lot of sense to pay people to post bad images of products with no product info on the least active board of 4chan.

If I manufactured goods that's how I would spend my marketing budget.
>>
>>3482004
I didn't break the button itself, I think what was broke was the tiny plastic clippy thingy that holds it close. If you see closely, you are supposed to press the lid down on the small grippy point that is on the right side, next to the button. I would always just smack it on the bottom middle, like with the big PS1. At some point I guess it just popped.
>>
>>3478759
>I had the itch but to this day I was never able to scratch it.

there's nothing worse than that, pal.
>>
>>3478865
There are several 5inch LCD units out there that you can swap in. Remove the driver board and panel, wire up composite from the multiout board and you're good.
They're actually decent screens are 30-50usd
>>
>>3478749
This was my mormon friend's first system after when his dad divorced his mom. never seen a kid happier to play a backport of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.
>>
>>3483473
any recommendation just got a ps1 with digimon card battle game
>>
>>3478749
I have an LCD screen and have occasionally brought it with me on weekend trips and stuff.

Mostly play JRPG's cause the screen is kind of shit, but you know.
>>
>>3478749
i bought one as a replacement for a bulky PS1. the CD spindle broke on the OG PS1 i had.

i prefer this one, as it doesnt take up much space
>>
>>3478865
>>3478868
>>3478951

I picked up a bunch of psones and screens like two years ago when I saw that they were cheap.
Ben Heck used them in a bunch of his mods, they must have been ~2006 ish?

The screen is better in concept then it is in reality. Have to hunch over like quasimodo to make out what's going on, but the real killer is the viewing angle, which is 100x worse than even my shitty old thinkpad.

Modding it into a true portable sounds neat, until you realize it's got a spinning disk drive in it that wobbles and makes angry grinding noises whenever you tilt it slightly. Also it still uses a shitload of power for a portable, and all the NiCad cells in those third-party battery packs are dead.

Plus sides are that it takes RGB, and is designed to handle 240p since that's what PS1 outputs. Also apparently you can swap the CCFL backlight for an LED, which might make it better. No idea about input lag, and I don't remember if it had (particularly bad) ghosting problems.

Still, the PSOne itself is still a fine option as a dying OG PS1 replacement, if you don't mind the way it looks or just want to scavenge the laser out.
>>
It's very cute, but I prefer the PS2 slim.

Damn, slim consoles really died with the Wii, now all there is in the market are monstruosities.
>>
>>3486407
The Xbone AND the PS4 have slim models.

On topic, I really dislike the PSOne compared to the original design. It looks so much more like a toy with those rounded edges.
>>
Reminder: These do not have the parallel port on the back or the link cable port.

They are inferior.
Especially since PSIO came out
>>
>>3486521
Reminder: PSIO turned out to not be the plug and play bullshit claimed. The only difference between installing PSIO on different PSX models is the number of wires you have to solder. After opening up your machine to solder, which is mandatory for all models.
>>
>>3486646
>Reminder: PSIO turned out to not be the plug and play bullshit claimed.

PSIO fags blown SKY HIGH
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.