[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you using PGXP for your emulation needs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: silent hill pgxp.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
silent hill pgxp.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Why aren't you using PGXP for your emulation needs?
>>
I use more accurate emus most of the time. When not using those, I play with ePSXe PGXP but not much.
>>
>>3478725
i only use mednafen psx in glorious 240p
>>
that looks fucking terrible though
>>
>>3478735

Normal has jittering and texture issues.

PGXP fixes those so objects are no longer jittering.
>>
I tend to use ePSXe a lot so I'm not one of those "authentic autism" guys in that regard... But as far as the picture you chose, OP, you couldn't have found a better example.

Silent Hill completely loses his grainy look with those filters, grainy look which does a lot to the game's look and atmosphere. I'm not talking about scanlines, either. This shot was using pSX. I actually replayed the game yesterday.
>>
>>3478750
I mean, you couldn't have found a WORSE example.

More of that miraculous grainy look, and it does even more to the otherworld.
>>
>>3478753
Try this with those advanced ePSXe plugins you lose half of the "charm".
>>
>>3478725
Because I only use psxfin.
>>
>>3478737
>PGXP fixes those so objects are no longer jittering.
but they still do
>>
>>3478725
Because I tried playing Search for Reptar and it would skip the cutscenes.
>>
Some "problems" are just better left intact, Silent Hill looks like total shit without the pixellation and grain. Sort of goes from looking like a PS1 title pushing the hardware to a low-budget PC title.
>>
>>3478725
I have no emulation needs.

>>3478737
>no longer jittering
>silent hill: starring and filmed by michael j fox
>literally retarded
>>
>>3478756
This makes me wonder if there is a filter that produces a film grain like in Alien Isolation
>>
>>3478725
What is playing PSX on a keyboard like?
>>
>>3478993
duh of course those games are done in unreal, unity etc and they have realtime vfx
>>
>>3478725
>people actually play PS1 emulators in higher resolution and try to fix textures and geometry instead of playing the WITH those glorious flaws like back in the day.
Plebs.
>>
>>3479329
It's fine, played K/B only for 5 years before I got a gamepad.
>>
>>3478725
Because I have a chipped PS1 and a nice CRT.
>>
>>3479329
For non-analog stick games, it's better than using the stock d-pad. Stuff like Ape Escape is borderline unplayable.
>>
>>3479497
like it means anything. you sound like a butthurt 90s hipster >before it was cool
>>
>>3479497
they're not flaws but rather responsible work within the limitations of the hardware that was economically feasible at the time

to emulate the games under different specifications is to play the games in a state different than the environment than the developers had expected, obviously if they could have made the game at 720p, they would have done so diffferently.

The ratio between texture resolution and screen resolution and polygon count should be fixed.
>>
>Why aren't you using PGXP for your emulation needs?

well I can't get the dadgummed thing to work
>>
>>3479540
It was flaws in the hardware that impacted on every game.
>>
File: Tekken 3 Attract.webm (3MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken 3 Attract.webm
3MB, 426x240px
>>3478725
You could use better footage to show off PGXP
>>
>>3478725
>Why aren't you using PGXP for your emulation needs?
Because PCSXR doesn't work on either of my computers.
>>
>>3478750
>>3478753
>>3478756

It's odd because PGXP is perfectly capable of emulating the dithering in SH as long as you turn it on.
>>
>>3480393
Looks good.

>>3478725
So much jitter, I think I'd get motion sickness.
>>
>>3478725
Cos It looks shit and is a hacky glitchy unstable mess.
>>
>>3479525
I can't imagine trying Ape Escape on a keyboard.
>>
Your webm is confusing retards

NOTICE: The first part is jittery because that's how it is on the PS1. The second part is not jittery because PGXP.

Explain your shit better OP.
>>
>>3479528
>being on /vr/
>he thinks he's not a a hipster douche

>>3479540
>The ratio between texture resolution and screen resolution and polygon count should be fixed.
No. Play it like it was supposed to be played, faggot.
>>
>>3482439
>>he thinks he's not a a hipster douche
>Play it like it was supposed to be played, faggot.
>>
If this takes epsxe saves then I will gladly move on over. I use mednafn for games I've not yet played with epsxe but the stubborn thing & owner uses its own save system so I can't transfer saves to it.
>>
>>3482527
I believe ePSXe and PCSX-R uses the same memory cards. They both take .mcr files.
>>
>>3479540
>Everything my precious developers did was intentional and perfect!!! Also my my retro game collection IS worth the money I've spent on it!!!
>>
>>3482554
I don't have a retro game collection I emulate everything

nice projection tho
>>
>>3479329
Works fine for me but I mostly only play RPGs. I tried to play Soul Reaver once and it was a nightmare.
>>
>>3480393
what is this supposed to prove? i dont see anything special
>>
>>3484250
That's the point, there are no more PS1 anomalies. It actually looks like a game.
>>
>>3484557
i'll pass. i also nes with limited sprite ejaculation
>>
File: out.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
out.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>3478725
Needs more grit and darkness senpai
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.