[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth playing the first Parasite Eve or should I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

Is it worth playing the first Parasite Eve or should I just skip to the second?
>>
>>3478563
It's actually a pretty different game.
I'd say no, don't skip the first.
>>
The first is considerably better. I couldn't even finish 2.
>>
File: PSOGL2_024.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PSOGL2_024.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
2 is better by a thousand miles, its gameplay is more action based. 1 has interesting story and gameplay but it feels very dated in comparison.

Still worth playing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPWgD4cwI74
>>
The second is considerably better. I couldn't even finish 1.
>>
first one is shit and that goes for clocktower3
>>
PE1 is an RPG dressed as a survival horror game so don't go in expecting survival horror style combat. Same goes for Koudelka and Vagrant Story.
>>
>>3478563

Each PE game is wildly different. You should consider them all as separate games in separate timelines.

First PE is worth playing more since it's more unique. Second game is a very good RE style game with magic.

>>3478585

I wish I could hate you to death. You're such an obnoxious faggot.
>>
>>3478595
while we're at it, is the PSX Clock Tower port worth playing? what about Clock Tower 2?
>>
>>3478630

PSX Clock tower has slightly better graphics and loading times, and minor extra content. Not really worth it.

The PS1 Clock towers are pretty ugly and crummy. I'd skip them. Go right to Clock Tower 3, and Haunted Grounds.
>>
PE is a really fun and unique game so I would say to not skip it.
>>
PE2 gets really bad on the second disc.
>>
>>3478563
the first one is the only one worth playing
and I say this as someone whose first PE was 2
>>
>>3478568
What's wrong with the second one?
>>
>>3478563
Play both. Lot of people end up loving one of them while hating the other.
>>
PE2 just feels too damn short compared to PE1.
Maybe it's the lacking plot, maybe the fewer locations to visit.
It's extremely replayable though, and I feel the varied firearms make more sense in this game.
There was never any real reason not to use a handgun in PE1.
>>
>>3479960
>There was never any real reason not to use a handgun in PE1.

Why? As long as you don't let your RoF get over 3 or so, SMGs are really good, especially if you tool Burst off a shotgun and put it on the SMG.
>>
File: 9802.jpg (57KB, 601x768px) Image search: [Google]
9802.jpg
57KB, 601x768px
>>3479704

Well I like two a fair bit myself but it pretty much drops the RPG elements from 1 entirely and focuses more on being like resident evil with magic

1's better but 2 is fun if you liked the first. shame they never EVER FUCKING EVER made a third one. EVER!
>>
>>3480367
>shame they never EVER FUCKING EVER made a third one. EVER!
Third Birthday :-)
>>
>>3480418

nobody likes a liar, quit making shit up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd1O1xonOkg
>>
When PE 2 came out there was a kid in my class who called it Parasite Evil 2.
>>
>>3480703
Reminds me of an anti-video game judge from like 13 years that was calling Resident Evil "The Resident of Evil Creek"
>>
I played through Resident Evil for the first time recently and it honestly felt soulless and unfinished. I know if I had played it back when it came out it would have totally felt different.

Maybe it is I who now has no soul. :(
>>
>>3481024

Yes, you're clearly a nigger. Game has plenty of "soul".
>>
>>3479704
Nothing really, it's just very different from the first. It came out at a tone that RE2 was the greatest shit so they absolutely had to have that audience. Still has RPG elements but it is a very action based game.

I love this series to death tbqhwy
>>
>>3478563
Ya Id say play the first one first, its easier then going back to it after playing the second IMO
>>
I really liked the ATB with manual evasion the PE has. What other games have similar mechanics?
>>
>>3481087

Vagrant Story
>>
I really hate the start and end of battles in PE2, with the monochrome freeze and the XP display. Cracking game regardless.
>>
>>3481087
Star Ocean
>>
>>3478563
Absolutely. It's such a fun game.

Also. Don't throw away any junk you might happen to collect ;^)
>>
>>3482571
seriously though don't bother collecting junk until you get to those green dinosaurs, it's not worth it.

don't even do it until new game+

whatever junk you collect over the course of a normal game isn't gonna put even a dent in the actual 300 junks you need for a custom weapon

also don't let wayne decide what to make he's a fucking idiot.
>>
Without spoilers, why does Third Birthday get so much flak?
>>
>>3482591
That was an unnecessarily hurtful thing to say about Wayne
>>
>>3482758
>super junk
>DUPER junk
I fucking trusted you wayne
>>
Wasn't there like dinosaurs in the 2nd one?
If comparison to RE, RE 1 and 2 are much like PE1 and 2

So if you don't care for the atmospheric more survivalish feel, play 2, it's essentially an action game. As many have said both are great in their own ways.
>>
>>3482827
>not getting the AK-47
>>
>>3481915
VS is the exact opposite despite looking similar. PE is all about dodging enemy attacks and learning patterns. Every attack can be dodged if you're good enough. VS does not let you dodge anything at all, enemies will attack you regardless of positioning. Time also stops when you are attacking so choice of weapon does not affect your movement.
>>
>>3482843
>Wasn't there like dinosaurs in the 2nd one?

First one had a museum with dinosaur bones come to life. You fight a monster Trike and a Rex. Aya beats the shit out of both of them because she's fucking hardcore.

Fun tip. After a certain level, the XP needed to level up glitches out and it ends up only costing something like 4500 xp per level after that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6-22nxtm7c
>>
>>3483738
>>3482843

Second game had some enemies that operated very similar to velociraptors.
>>
>>3482609

Cheap shitty lock on psp shooter that does not feel like it has any connection to PE.

As I said, each game feels WILDLY different so treat them as unique games.
>>
>>3483119
P90 is better
>>
>>3484023

yeah but they where more like some kind of ...zombie horse...camel
>>
File: 1467899628065.png (117KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
1467899628065.png
117KB, 372x351px
>>3483119
>>3484184
>Not getting the desert eagle
>>
>>3482609
1 The ending ruined any chance of a proper sequel.
2 They ruined Maeda's character by turning him into a creepy pervert.
3 Story is kinda wonky, essentially everyone is an asshole.

Gameplay is pretty great though and the secret ending kinda hints on a sequel.
>>
>>3484525
Nigger
>>
The second is shit.
>>
>>3484538
So you don't like survival horror?

Yeah the second was more like a RE clone, but just because it's not as original as the first doesn't make it a bad game.
>>
>>3484510
The Desert Eagle is as underwhelming in the game as it is in real life.
>>
>>3482609

You know how people shit on Other M for it's terrible depiction of the lead heroine?

Other M ain't got shit on how badly T3B treated Aya.
>>
>>3484570
SJW get out
>>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>3484570
She's giving a rimjob to the gun. She's an okay gal.
>>
>>3478625
>Vagrant Story
>survival horror
que?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.