[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post and suggest monster collecting games. [/spoiler]no pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: azure-dreams-usa.jpg (214KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
azure-dreams-usa.jpg
214KB, 600x600px
Post and suggest monster collecting games.
[/spoiler]no pokemon
>>
File: 1467599095243[1].jpg (94KB, 775x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467599095243[1].jpg
94KB, 775x1024px
have fun
>>
The ones I played were shitty. People say they like Jade Coccoon on the Playstation, but I didn't get the fun part of it.

Then there's Monster Seed. God, there is Monster Seed. That game was awful in every single way.

And to a lesser degree, there is Guardian's Crusade. You get one monster to train up and it's an ungrateful dick of a monster that deserves to be tossed in a river in a knap sack filled with bricks.
>>
File: mr_cover.jpg (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mr_cover.jpg
23KB, 200x200px
>>3478104
Pic related is definitely my favorite. They way you generate monsters from cd's was unique and had me and my friends raiding our parents' collections of shitty music to find rare monsters. There's also tons of different monster combos you can get through breeding, and lots of unlockables as you progress through the game. The battle mode is also really fun so the game has that going for it as well.

I also like Digimon World for more of an adventure feel, though its less about collecting monsters there's still an element of skill involved in getting the right evolution. There's a lot to do in the game but the battle system is a little boring.
>>
Dragon Quest Monsters
>>
>>3478104
>>3478401
Two of my favourites.
A friend of mine told me that legend of legaia had a monsters catching system built in it, it's a turn based rpg tho
>>
File: e42pS.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
e42pS.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>3478104
In the latter half of Torneko's Great Adventure 3 you can recruit monsters as party members - gaining experience and all.

JP only, though. No translation patches so far.
>>
>>3478376
>he wasn't friends with the dragon in Guardian Crusade
I think it might be because you have autism?
>>
Monster rancher gba is comfy
>>
>>3478401
Man, what an awesome game that was. 2 was my fondest in terms of memory, but the ones that came after are also pretty good. Shame I sucked terribly in them. Never managed to win much in terms of tournaments, but I still had a grin every time I played it. And then, when I actually managed to build up my monster somewhat decently, it fucking croaked from old age.

>>3478764
Don't know what I did wrong, but that thing bit me in half the combat scenarios for no reason at all.
>>
File: smt-logo.jpg (30KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
smt-logo.jpg
30KB, 212x212px
Surprised nobody mentioned Shin Megami Tensei yet, it definitely counts as collecting monsters (demons, of course) just without life-lasting bonds, more like temporary, mutual ones. That's the fun of the game, though.

>>3480724
>Don't know what I did wrong, but that thing bit me in half the combat scenarios for no reason at all.
I love Guardian's Crusade a lot, but I haven't played it in a long time. I know what you mean though, one playthrough I thought I did everything right but it kept turning on me as well, but the run I beat it on we had no problems. When things go smoothly he's great.
>>
>>3480724
>Don't know what I did wrong, but that thing bit me in half the combat scenarios for no reason at all.
If you let him get beat up, don't let him rest, don't heal him, don't use items on him, and never give him his favorite food (Peach Drink), he gets pissed at you. How is this hard to understand?
>>
Arc the Lad 2
>>
>>3478624
That looks a whole lot like mystery dungeon
>>
File: RpTQSSb.jpg (532KB, 2700x2025px) Image search: [Google]
RpTQSSb.jpg
532KB, 2700x2025px
>>3480943
SMT is a definitely my favorite monster collecting series. Great combat for a jrpg, great designs and funky as hell music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluNRgb34a4&list=PL242DCB34B5636242
>>
Bumpo
>>
>>3483148
It's basically Dragon Quest Mystery Dungeon
>>
>>3478104
Lufia 2 has capsule monsters you can find spread over the whole map (and some in dungeons). You can feed them so they can become more powerful and take one of them to the AC.
>>
>>3478129
Damn that got me hyped. I might have to play this game.
>>
>>3484723
Its an unending hell so I wouldnt if I where you
>>
>>3486384
It clearly states it's an expert level scenario. Keep your panties on.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (13KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
13KB, 224x225px
In pic related, a simple ass rpg, you can find and collect up to like 70-something toys, or "Living toys" as they're called, and can be summoned into battle. Each one does different abilities, such as shielding, healing, attacks, elemental attacks, etc. And some just do random goofy shit in battle
>>
>>3486609
Also you take care of this pink dragon thing, and it acts like a virtual pet in game, feed it, give it commands, and it can transform during battles. If that also counts
>>
>>3483578
Who then run away on the second round.
>>
>>3478129
Should I start from 1 or is there a best one?
>>
>>3480943
I love walking around with Alice in the Raidou games.
Too bad you can't hold her hand like in the MMO.
>>
Dragon quest monsters 2 Tara's journey. First one is also good.
>>
>>3486616
By the third evolution all of them will stick with you until the very end.
>>
File: rhapsody.jpg (112KB, 640x552px) Image search: [Google]
rhapsody.jpg
112KB, 640x552px
Anyone ever play Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure?

You can recruit monsters in this game. Sadly, it's a bit on the short and easy side.
>>
>>3487786
"a bit" on the easy side?

You can win every single battle except ONE by mashing auto-resolve (O)

The one battle you can't do it is because you need to kill it an eneme yspecifically on turn 7 or something.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.