[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MUD GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: aardwolf-mud-2.jpg (654KB, 1596x1149px) Image search: [Google]
aardwolf-mud-2.jpg
654KB, 1596x1149px
Anyone here still MUD?
I recently started mume, multi users in middle earth and have been having a blast

//introductory
mudconnect.com

aardwolf.com //usually the most populated mud . pic releated
http://t2tmud.org/ //two towers mud
mume.org/mume.php // multi users in middle earth mud
>>
>>3478029
The fuck? Glad I stopped playing MUDs back in the 90s if that clusterfuck is what they turned into.
>>
File: space ship.jpg (353KB, 1100x1470px) Image search: [Google]
space ship.jpg
353KB, 1100x1470px
I've tried to get into some MUDs, but it seems that most MUDs are about fantasy stuff and I don't really like fantasy enough to enjoy it in text adventure format. I would love to play some sci-fi/cyberpunk themed MUD.

Is there a MUD with a simulated universe with planets and ships etc.?
>>
>>3479181
Not what you asked for but HellMOO isn't fantasy.
>>
I have this character created back in 1994, but haven't really played for years due "real life". But it's a nice way to relieve some stress and maybe meet some people still out there. Miss the cons with dozens of people.

I'd have to set up some stuff and scripts in a virtual Linux, and I actually tried a few times but got bored with some encoding issues. Stupid university, closing the Unix accounts and letting me graduate.

>>3478081

A wall of text is all what I want as well.
>>
File: project-t2t-img1.jpg (71KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
project-t2t-img1.jpg
71KB, 640x340px
>>3478081
>>3479318
Yeah aardwolf is not my cup of tea, most muds are the classic wall of text still. the pic is just of the most popular one which has tried to modernize it to gain players i believe. But it just ends up looking like a clusterfuck.

>>3479181
Sindome is an online text-based Cyberpunk Role Playing game inspired by Neuromancer, Judge Dredd and more. set 80 years in the future.
sindome.org just checked has around 45 online players which is super decent for muds now a days

I would recommend a star wars mud since it kinda has what your looking for but
the player base on most ive been to is dead.

I would check out mud connector top 20, Im sure there are some that have the simulated universe with ships feel but finding one that has players is the issue. The most popular mud has 100-300 players max and then it just goes downhill.
>>
Materia Magica. good shit
>>
>>3479181
Wayfar1444, but it normally only has 1 afk person and an AFK dev on
>>
>>3480024
Sci-fi muds are rare as all hell in general.

I forgot to add 3kingdoms/scapes as well because it has a sci-fi realm in it's bizare kitchen sink world and some sci-fi classes to go with it. It does has the horrible downside of all your equipment is norent/non persist though and I found that really fucking annoying.

Like >>3479298 mentioned if you want sci-fi and a decent amount of players then HellMOO is the one you want, so long as you don't mind the whole sex, rape and orphan killing bits.

I know that Iron Realms is working on one and it will probably be alright and have many players but like all iron realms muds be wallet raping pay2win and pay2notsuckinpve too.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.