[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Brigandine.jpg (119KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
Brigandine.jpg
119KB, 600x586px
Does anyone else here know about this old gem?

I found out about it a few days ago and i'm having a blast. It's very fun leveling up and promoting your creatures or knights into different classes, questing for items and secret characters, unleashing death on the battlefield with motherfucking hydras.
I think it's weird that this game is so obscure, because it's so fucking good. The soundtrack is nothing memorable, unfortunately, but the characters, the setting and the battles make for a great game.

I did not beat it yet, i'm playing Leonia on Normal difficult, i've already conquered Norgard and i'm close to finishing off the Esgares Empire, after i'm done with them, i'll close in on Caerleon (motherfuckers have TWO Fafnirs) and Iscalio.
Fairy + Tiamat in the same team fucking rocks.
>>
File: rare Kaneko.jpg (118KB, 500x734px) Image search: [Google]
rare Kaneko.jpg
118KB, 500x734px
>>3477865
>Fafnir
>Tiamat
my interest is piqued. Gonna have to try this out
>>
did you know that you can change your characters to a different class after they gain 5 levels and master them and they'll retain any passives or spells that they learn and maintain their progress in the class tree? So you can turn Kiloph into an ultimate melee killing machine or give him priest spells so he can sustain his monsters and fight on the front-line at the same time.

since it takes 10 levels to reach the next tier of classes anyway, unless they're special characters with unique classes there's never any reason not to multi-class
>>
>>3478151
Yeah, i figured that out.
But it's only worth it if the knight is very low level and you're lacking a specific type.

I was going to turn either Sophia or Filo into enchantress because Leonia already has too many priests/clerics, but i recruited an enchantress (Cortina) in a quest.
I also recruited two other priests and a cleric, thankfully Kirkmond (sorcerer) and Dillard (grappler) joined me after i defeated Norgard, if i got more healers i'd go crazy, the last thing Leonia needs are more healers, god damn.
>>
It was an interesting game with many good ideas. I finished it only with one character though, the one in the OP's image. I feel like the game was trying to tell a story that you could only get entirely by playing through all the characters which is okay, but then I read that it never really gets finished. That it's fragmented at best, and it takes a whole damn lot of time, effort and in times luck to actually finish it. The game had a good thing going, but it had a lot that it could have done better.
>>
>>3478305
There is never any point at which you don't need more people who can cast power boost though
>>
>>3478149
By all means, do it. It's an awesome game with many different creatures, characters and vast possibilities.

You can build the characters in many ways and once you reach levels 10 and 20, you can promote their class, sometimes with 2 or 3 different options of higher tier classes. Monsters can also be promoted in these levels, gaining new powers and sometimes different elemental affinities.

Each character has a certain amount of Rune Power (increases with level up and the amount increased varies per character), and monsters have rune cost, characters with high rune power are usually more valuable because, no matter how powerful the character, the monsters will always define how strong your army is.
Don't bother with high level characters that have low (less than 200) rune power, these characters absolutely suck. I think Langueborg from Leonia and Brusom from Almekia are the worst characters in the game, because they start the game high level, which means there isn't much room from improvement and even if you try leveling them up, they only gain 1-3 rune power per level, compared to some characters that start the game below level 5, over 200 rune power and gain 5-7 rune power per level.
Shitty characters and others that you don't currently need in the battlefied can be sent to quest for items and equipment.

Blue opposes red and vice-versa.
White opposes black and vice-versa.
Green opposes itself only.

Good luck and have fun.
>>
>>3478309
The only story the game tells is that there is this continent called Forsena at war, you choose a kingdom and make your own story, after you conquer the continent you find out the evil responsible for the war and fight it.

The game only sets the backstory and the ending, what happens during the game is up to you and the kingdom you control, there isn't an already set canon during the game.
>>
>>3478337
>after you conquer the continent you find out the evil responsible for the war and fight it.

Now i just remembered that you actually only fight the true final boss in the Grand Edition, that was released only in japanese and has some changes, including content.
>>
>>3478309
Personally I think Norgard (the one you played) is the least interesting one, even.
>>
>>3478309
There's brigandine grand edition that finishes the plot, but the translation patch was totally fucked by some jesus-fag
>>
>>3478358
Yeah, Vaynard is a fag.
>>
>>3478396
If I remember correctly, he was like the only character distinctly did not look like a fag. That's why I chose him as my first character.

>>3478340
Yeah, that's what I meant. You never really got the finished product overall, so I kind of lost interest. The game in itself was pretty decent, though if I remember correctly I just stacked that ice dragon and that pretty much killed everything for me. Otherwise the game was not all that easy...I think.
>>
I felt tricked by this game when it was released. Everything about it seemed so promising.....and I hated it. I couldn't even play for more than an hour.
Not that I can remember specifics because I will never play it again.
>>
It's funny how they made the ghoul so pathetic and weak and then it's final form, the vampire lord, is one of the most powerful units of the game.

If you want one in your army you have to put up with the mediocrity of a ghoul for 10 levels, and the slightly less mediocre vampire for 10 more levels.

Also fuck Golems and Giants, these shits can't land a hit to save their lives, they always miss in critical moments.
>>
>>3478483
Oh shit, son, now I remembered the blind golems. Yeah, those things were rage inducing.
>>
>>3478523
They also have 0 INT, which means they take full damage from magic.
The only redeeming qualities about them are the cheap rune cost and the immunity to status effects.
>>
>>3478523
>>3478530
they also had 3 move or something terrible like that, so you would basically never ever use them for anything but defense, which is something that almost never happened, there was never any reason not to be on the offensive. Even if you had no units to send that could win a battle, you could just attack anyway and retreat at the start of battle to endlessly hold any of the bottlenecks, of which there were probably too many.

whenever I couldn't use up all of someone's rune power I'd just load them down with the flying carpet guys

it didn't even matter if they died, I'd use them to soften up enemies for other units to kill and get levels, and if they somehow survived and classed up it was just a bonus, but I didn't stop using them as suicide lasers
>>
Man I'm probably gonna fire this up again. I downloaded it years ago because someone told me it was kinda like Dragon Force, a game I really liked on the Saturn. I did start it once or twice, but I can't remember why I stopped playing.
>>
File: Tiamat.png (285KB, 555x383px) Image search: [Google]
Tiamat.png
285KB, 555x383px
>>3478659
>flying carpet guys
Jinns.

They can deal massive damage if you cast "power" on them, because it multiplies the damage of their magic attacks by 1.5, you can deal 300+ damage if you cast power on one of Jinn's evolutions and have it attack a monster that is weak to it's element, like Marid vs Dragon or Efreeti vs Hydra.

I don't know if the same effect applies to the breath attacks of other creatures. That could be very overpowered, like casting Power and React on a Tiamat, then using Death Breath twice with it. This would be devastating.

Tiamat is my favorite monster, eats red dragons and holy creatures for breakfast.
>>
Just looked into this and it looks really good. Thanks OP
>>
>>3477865
OP I hope you aren't playing the western release but the translated Grand Edition. It fixes much in the battle system and adds the Empire as a playable faction with it's own story. Also it has a improved soundtrack.
>>
>>3479601
Power works on all breath attacks. It works on Bahamut's non-elemental 5 tile Final Breath, it will wreck anything and everything. You can just drop nothing but breath attacks every turn and destroy any enemy in the game. It's a fun game to break open and exploit.
>>
>>3479625
it's completely altered from the source material by a faggot christian asshole.
>>
>>3479634
improvements in gameplay and content>your opinion on the quality of translation
>>
>>3479625
Wasn't the empire already playable with a cheat?
>>
>>3477865
misread that as fursona (which I assume is what the dragon is)
>>
>>3479625
I'm playing the western release.

I'll play Grand Edition some day for the improved gameplay and new characters but i wont be playing the fan-translation.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.