[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Pitfall 30th Anniversary Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: title.png (11KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
title.png
11KB, 1024x896px
http://nesrocks.com/blog/superpitfall30th/

The Super Pitfall 30th Anniversary Edition hack aims to update the game to be more enjoyable today with revised game design and improved graphics, while trying to maintain the original concept and feel of exploration intact. I have tried to keep the level design the same too, otherwise it just wouldn’t be the same game. There are just a few differences here and there, see if you can spot them.

Some of the changes include:

>Completely new graphics
>Completely new songs
>Items are not invisible anymore
>Warps are now doors you can enter
>The hud shows important item collection progress
>Some bugs have been fixed
>Improved performance
>>
File: pitfall2[1].jpg (721KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pitfall2[1].jpg
721KB, 1536x2048px
We mainly play Pitfall 2 round here and Sega was kind enough to provide a remastered version of it for us in 1985 on its first anniversary
>>
>>3477851

looks awesome. I have a soft spot for Super Pitfall, it was one of the few games I owned as a kid and I played the living shit out of it.
>>
Those screenshots sure are purdy.
>>
File: game2.png (100KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
game2.png
100KB, 300x262px
>>
File: _retilednew-41%20(1).png (87KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
_retilednew-41%20(1).png
87KB, 300x262px
>>
File: game1.png (15KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
game1.png
15KB, 1024x896px
>>
Super pitfall has always been kinda fascinating for how close to playable it is but it ends up shooting itself in the foot. Looks like this patch fixes most of the issues. I'd love to see someone bake this patch into the ROM and throw it on an NES cart.
>>
>>3477851
wow, sounds like they turned it into an actually good game. Can't wait to try it.
>>
neat

We need more hacks like this.
>>
This game actually resulted in a controller being smashed. Pure rage and frustration are all I can remember from this game from my childhood.

I wanted to like it. Maybe this project will right the wrongs.
>>
>>3481739
Yeah because there's no way people could actually think something looks cool, not on 4chan.
>>
>>3481739

>being this much of a newfag cuck
>>
>>3481739

I wouldn't mind if that were the case, the original game is really broken and the hack seems to fix it, I wish we had more romhacks doing this kind of thing. Heavy Nova with decent hit detection or NES Spelunker being a little bit more fair like the arcade version and don't killing you for falling 30cm
>>
Played this some last night. It's a lot smoother than the original. Looks much better too. I always kind of liked this game back in the day just because it's huge and exploring the map was kinda fun, even if it was a mess. Still hate those fucking snakes that stand up though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.