[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game: Save and hold reset before turning power off Me: k *does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1473120968389.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1473120968389.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Game: Save and hold reset before turning power off

Me: k *does the thing*

Game: lol now all your data's gone lmao
>>
Read that carefully, numb nuts
>>
>>3477719
Why was this allowed?
>>
Perhaps the cart's battery is going.
>>
>>3477726
This. It's dirty or dying anyway. I never did the thing when I was growing up and never lost a save once.
>>
>>3478008
I lost shining force game data repeatedly until I started the habit of holding reset while powering off.
It's better for your game data. Easier on it.
>>
>>3478463
>easier on 0s and 1s
Okay.
>>
File: 1320444582426.jpg (134KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1320444582426.jpg
134KB, 413x395px
>>3479428
>not understanding how save batteries work
>>
>>3479428
Holding reset puts the console unto a lower power state.
It has to do with data transfer to the save battery, but that's all I know.
Hence, easier on it.
>>
>>3478463
Well yeah, of course you would with an inferior Sega product. Nintendo products are in a much higher league of quality.
>>
>>3479510
I thought it was only required on the NES due to a design flaw. I've never played a Genesis game with cart saving on real hardware though.
>>
>>3480769
The famicom was never designed for game saving so there is a hardware issue there.
I don't own master system games but do they have save data? If they don't, or didn't until later, it's probably the same issue on it and the Genesis.
I am only speaking from first hand experience with several deleted game saves.
>>
>As a kid I thought Super Nintendo games just randomly deleted themselves for no reason, or when you beat the game.
>Didn't put together until much later that my siblings kept erasing my saves and lying to me.
>>
>>3480774
I guess being an only child has its perks.
>>
>>3477719
>hold reset before turning power off
>before
Found your problem. You while reset WHILE turning the power off. You were doing it wrong and brought destruction upon your saves.
>>
>>3478463
But the reset thing is a workaround for a problem with the NES, specically. Doing that on a Mega Drive has no effect, your cart must have just been fucked.
>>
>>3484884
On two different versions of shining force 2? Possibly...
>>
>>3479447
>that's all I know
>what i know is wrong
>everything i know is wrong

>>3484884
Actually it's standard practice when you have anything you don't want fucked with on the bus when the CPU is potentially in an erratic state.
>>
>>3479510
>>3480769
>>3480771
Mega Drive games will save properly regardless. I've never done the hold reset thing in my life, and I've never lost a save in battery backup games (e.g. Sonic 3). You just turn off your console when you're done playing.
>>
File: 1456284132338.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1456284132338.gif
799KB, 200x189px
>>3477719
>Save and hold reset before turning power off

>Do this religiously every time as a kid
>Think that the game will break if you dont do it
>friend is over playing vidya
>He just shuts off Zelda without holding reset
>mfw
>Quickly boot the game back up to see if it still works
>admonish him for shutting it down like that
>he says he never does it and his games are fine

Everything i know is a lie...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.